Clean or tidy...Clean eating check in Monday 11 June

RE: Clean or tidy...Clean eating check in Monday 11 Jun...

HELP! There is a box of donut holes in the office that are calling my name. They have been getting louder and louder and now I can hardly work with all the screaming in my head! I'm at war with myself. One half of me says, "One little donut hole won't hurt." The other half yells, "Don't do it! You know one will turn into 12 in no time." I think I'll go have a big cup of water and try to drown out the calling donut holes.

Robin - Quick... cover them up with something! Oh wait... that won't keep you from hearing them call your name, will it? LOL. I can totally relate, though, because somebody is always bringing some kind of goodies into our office too. Either that or it's somebody's birthday or something that involves cake or donuts or cookies or something else just as hard to pass up.

Okay... I guess it's time for me to fess up...

DH wanted to go have Mexican for lunch & you all know it's my fave so I couldn't say no! But we went to a local place that offers a buffet so I was able to make the cleanest selections possible. I had a little bit of rice & beans, topped with grilled chicken & veggies, lettuce, pico, hot sauce, & a dab of guacamole. I also indulged in about 4 or 5 chips & a chile relleno because they were a new addition to the buffet & they're also my favorite Mexican treat. All in all, it wasn't too bad. At least I stayed away from lots of tortillas, chips, sour cream, cheese, & fried foods. So I guess I'll look at it as water under the bridge & do better from here until the ends of the week. As we've said many times in the past... it could have been much worse. Right? Tomorrow I plan to eat the rest of the Havana Salad (I got he name right this time, I think) & guacamole I made yesterday. I may not have a snack this afternoon now, since I indulged for lunch, & supper will probably consist of some leftovers from yesterday. Veggies & beans, mostly. Sounds like everyone else is having a very tidy day & I agree that it is encouraging & inspiring to read everyone's posts.

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around since Friday, but I had a lovely weekend with my DD and my SO and wasn't around the computer much at all.

I did pretty well with my eating, for it being a weekend. Yesterday I had a bit of lf frozen yogurt with cantaloupe. And I can't for the life of me remember what I ate on Saturday, we were so busy running around like maniacs!

Today is:

B - cereal, banana, soy milk
S - apple, almonds and raisins
L - sandwich with 12 grain bread, lf cheese, tomato and avocado
S - yogurt, granola and berries
D - WW pasta with tomatoes, white beans, basil and a bit of feta

My workout today was PUB and I got it done this morning, so I have a free evening!

I hope everyone is doing well. I didn't have time to read through the weekend or this whole thread.

Patty,

I totally agree with you about the control thing. I feel way more in control. For a while, I didn't think I COULD break the sugar/candy habit. I am glad I proved to myself that I could and that I could eat way better. I do feel a lot better.

I am sooo glad I did this challenge and glad we are keeping it going.

Lorie

Robin...don't do it!!! It only tastes good for a second and then you will feel badly if you ate more than a couple.

Okay, that was my pep talk. Not sure if I could hold out if it was chocolate...I'm not a donut fan, but chocolate...mmmmm. :)

Don't you just hate when they bring stuff in like that?!? It's like they want you to fail, sugar high/sugar crash... No one's productive that way:* It was the same way in the faculity lounge, so I brought in a copy of "You on a Diet", left it in the middle of the table standing upright, (subliminal) with sugar-free jello cups/sugar-free popsicles. I purposely put the cups on top of the other junk. Either the guilt got to some or they were just too tired to dig for the "good/bad" stuff on the bottom }( . And in no time people were asking me all about the book.

OK I'm getting down now, carry on:)

Carrie

ps. the other stuff was still sitting there at the end of the day.

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/179.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

Carola - I hope everyone feels better soon.

Shelley - I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was MIA this weekend.

B - egg whites with guacamole, farina (out of oatmeal ;( ) with strawberries
S - banana
L - salad with tuna, flaxseed bread with PB
D - leftover jerk chicken, roasted asparagus, mashed plantains

Now I'm happily going to bed...at 5:00pm.

Good night all and see you in the am. Maybe, just maybe, IF I can get a day off tomorrow I might *try* to workout a little in the afternoon. First, I need to catch up on four days of lost sleep.

Hasta manana,
Wendi

Thanks everyone. I managed to avoid that particular pitfall. LOL about the subtle hint, Carrie.

Sleep well Wendi.

Feel better Carola.

Shelley, I'd love to borrow your SO to come cook for me for a month or two.

Kel, great job with the buffet. I always overeat at a buffet. I want to taste everything and end up taking larger portions then I should. And look out if there is a dessert buffet.

If done with IMAX and headed to the kitchen to bake some potatos.

I have been out running around for a good part of the day and now I just don't feel like working out. I just feel like being lazy. I really need to work out in the mornings because I just don't feel like doing it later in the day.

I had the FUNNIEST dream last night. I dreamt that I was out with some friends and one of them handed me some gum. I took it and ate it and realized it was a giant Kit-Kat (I don't even relly like Kit-Kats). Anyway, I was so angry that they lied to me and I kept saying that I only had one more day to make it to two weeks and now I would have to go put on the forum that I ate candy!!! How crazy is that?!?!

Anyway, my day has been clean. Espcially good since I didn't work out.

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I'm allowed to have a cheat every now and then...

Hey Shelley...did you ever make the jalepeno relish? I was thinking about you because I just made some today (I go through it quickly).

Have a great evening, ladies!

I CAVED:( I'm pretty sure I had doughnuts on the brain:* :) It doesn't take much for my "sugar triggers"...

I was picking up my ds from his first job and got there a few minutes early. My dd was with me and asked if she could get an ice cream from DQ. I said, well alright, but only a small cone, since it's right before dinner, then I said, Awww, go ahead and order one for me too. Their small was ENORMOUS...<again I hang my head in shame, not only did I eat the whole thing, I ate it in like 10 seconds flat, since I was racing against the hot summer sun (melting) it all over me...

But other than that I stuck to my diet, except I didn't eat dinner after that, I couldn't...

I finished 45 min. Tae-Bo, (shakes head, and thinks the ice cream cancelled out that workout)...

Carrie

020706_10006740003.gif

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but5/lb/209/145/179.0/.png[/image][/link]

http://www.picturetrail.com/uid6743693"

I LOVE Dairy Queen ice cream cones with the chocolate shell!!! Yummm...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.