***CLEAN.IT.UP.MONDAY***

Clintonya, Good to see ya! How are the girls doing?:)

Colleen, WAAAH I want your snow! They're SAYING we're going to get a load Tuesday but I'm not holding my breath!
Nice WOs! I have Yoga Solutions but I've only done part of it once. Do you really like it?

Robin, You can't go wrong w/ any CS!:D

-
Roasting sweet potato wedges - this house smells GOOOOOOD!:D

Kate - Your stretching sounds wonderful! You can pass those couple of inches to me since you're nice and tall already, lol! Sorry about the fallout with the babysitting.

Katie - How fun, a kid-free weekend! We'll both get past this funk.

Robin - LOL about the valentines, mardi gras, and lent observation and the high-fat dinner! So true though!

Wendy - Sorry about the elbow. Hope it gets better.

Colleen - What do they call it when you can't get to work because of the weather? We never have that issue here, but would love the extra time off lol! Although I know snow can be a pain too (so I heard).

Nina - Awesome job with the eats!

Hi Clintoya!

Okay off to do Chests & Back. Be back in a bit! Got the whole day in with my baby today. I guess I could work from home, but feeling a bit lazy. Planning on turkey burgers for dinner tonight so will go groc shopping for buns later.

Kate, curse you and your wicked Pioneer Woman!! I just made this: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/10/pear-crisp-with-vanilla-ice-cream/ How am I not going to eat all of this?!

I also made lentil soup from the Silver Palate cookbook. Now I just need to get my workout in-after these kids all leave!

Colleen, I would not have driven on the highway in those conditions either!

Wendy, I so remember that! I have become a Masterpiece Classic junkie-I adore anything Jane Austen! What did the doctor say?

Robin, there's a local dessert made only on Fat Tuesday, it's called a paczki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pączki That's all my uncle makes for 2 days beforehand and sells hundreds of dozens of them! I will eat at least 3, probably 6 of them!:eek:

Lisa, how was that work out? Yay for baby day.

Kate, I sent you a PM, but if tonight doesn't work for you, just say so.

Robin, are you sticking with MIS all week?

Colleen, I would have turned around too. I'm glad your ankle is getting better.

Becky, great job on the lost pounds. Sorry about all that snow.

Wendy, did you get to the doctor for your elbow?

Klaudia, another busy week for you, huh?

Nina, 10 miles, that's awesome.

Clintonya, welcome back. I hope the weekend went well.

Katie, how are you today? I did disc 13 yesterday and really liked it. I thought it would drag since it was so long, but it really flew by for me.

Angie, can you do play dates with the girls' school friends?

Hi to anyone else I missed! I'm off today for the floating President's Day holiday. Lazy day for me, just laundry and catching up around the house. If Kate and I can't do the step class tonight, then I'll do one of the HiiT work outs and abs. Then tap later. Catch y'all later!

anne

Cripe! Does Cathe ever know how to work a muscle! Just finshed GS Back and incline abs. I was thinking of CTX this week but I just can't tear myself away from GS right now. This is week 3. Maybe 1 more after this and I'll change it up. Can't wait for step class w/ Anne tonight!!!!!!

Lisa, Great WO! How nice to get a day w/ your babe! Are your big kids still doing furlough fridays?

Klaudia, I bet that is DEEELISH! I've had my eye on it but haven't made the plunge yet! Looks A-MAZ-ING!
I've never had a pacski - and I don't want to! I don't want to find out I like them!:p

Anne, Day off! Score! Good for you! Can't wait for class tonight! I'll PM you my cell phone # (it changed) in case you need it!

Hi Everyone!

Just taking a work break. The weather forecast is now 8-10 inches of snow. Where are we going to put it? DH went to the grocery store because he was low on some essentials (ok, he broke some eggs so we were low) and he said it is pretty empty. He was lucky to get eggs and juice. He said the meat and fish had been picked over. I just hope the stores can get restocked at some point. This snow is not fun but it is making my appreciate how lucky I am. We are so spoiled because we assume we can go to the grocery store and get everything we want. There are so many people in the world who can't.

Anne & Kate, have fun at step class.
Klaudia, the pear crisp looks delish. Give it away before it calls your name.
Lisa, it's nice you have a day with the baby. Technically I am not off today - I am supposed to be working but everyone is digging out or closed so there isn't much to do.
Kate, I would send you some of our snow if I could. Too bad it would be a pile of water by the time it got to you.
Clintonya, welcome back! How was the competition?

my fairy god-friend on c and t has sent me meso 1:D:D so, ladies, how do i do 1 rep max???

klaudia, that looks so so delish. i need to make lentils this week - love em.

lisa, enjoy your baby today!! great job with p90x

kate, sorry for your sitter canceling. glaad you got in a good wo.

colleen, so glad the ankle is better. hope the snow does not come. my dh is heading to dc tomorrow to drop off a plane. lets hope he can get back home!!

wendy, how did it go at the dr?

becky, glad dh is not too discouraged. i think it is so great he is eating well.

anne, enjoy your quiet dayand gym and tap tonight. thanks so much!!

robin, are you working a lot this week?

just did yoga slim on tv again. it was tough and fun. had my annual ob gyn apt earlier. they are changing my pill again due to extreme headaches. i also fit in ab work. eats are very clean, and pork chops on the menu for tonight with green beans.

See you in a bit, anne!

Colleen, I like your deep thoughts!:) We are very lucky indeed!
So no work tomorrow either? Crazy! I want a good dumping so Mike has to stay home too....but I've never known him to stay home, so....oh well.:p

almost forgot...

KLAUDIAAAAAAAA - did you see the Donuts on PW today?!?!??!?! I NEED me some of that!!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D

Kate - Yes furlough fridays are still on. I feel like I homeschool on a pt basis. Have fun in class! Wish I could join you guys! Do you know a good cream cheese frosting recipe for red velvet cupcakes? Tried a few but didn't find the "right" one yet.

Anne - Yay for days off! Have fun in class!

Colleen - Hope the snow lets up.

Nina - Thanks for the reminder that I have to make my annual appt. Have fun with Meso1!

P is napping so I will do some work. Bfast was cereal and toast with avocados. Lunch will be salad and a wrap. Pilates and a walk on tap for later today.

Okay, I just vacuumed the basement and did no equipment abs from Ab Circuits. How pathetic is it I had to look in 2 closets to find my vacuum? I, of course, have not used it since I moved in. I am so spoiled.

I did a surprisingly good job on the ab work out--I'm amazed at how quickly my core conditioning is coming back.

Kate, just to warn you, my cardio capacity is not that great, so I hope I don't embarrass you tonight!

Lisa, avocados for breakfast....yummmmm.

Nina, did you get it already? How cool! I just printed out the 1RM max test from the Workout Manager. I only did the ones for the 4 and 5 star rated exercises. It's working fine for me, but you all know I didn't take this super seriously, so you might want to be more focused.

Colleen, more snow? I haven't been watching/listening to the news all weekend, so I missed that.

Angie, did you watch the big game yet? I was very happy with the outcome.

I'm counting the step class tonight as my cardio for today. I figured between that and tap class, that'll be okay, right?

See you all in a bit.

anne

Last edited:
Lisa, I *detest* cream cheese, so I can't help you there! Sorry!
Well, here's a recipe from Cooks - their stuff is always awesome!

Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 11/2 cups, enough to frost 12 cupcakes

Soften the cream cheese at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Do not soften in the microwave or the texture of the frosting will be runny.

4 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened but still cool
1 cup confectioners' sugar
4 ounces cream cheese , softened, cut into 4 pieces
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese one piece at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until no lumps remain.

--

Anne, Puh-lease! I'm sure you;ll do great! Remember, we're Cathletes!:D We're gonna smoke those girls!:cool:

Kate - Thanks for the recipe! You don't like cream cheese? I love cream cheese, lol! So no red velvet cupcakes for you then I'm thinking?? Have fun with Anne!! Kick butt girls!!

Anne - Step class is def. cardio worthy by all means!

I'm so sleepy I really want to take a nap, but I'm mindlessly surfing the internet while P naps. Turkey burgers for dinner. Hope they come out good.

Lisa, The onlyonly time I will eat cream cheese is in cheesecake and pretty much only my recipe! LOL!
Glad you had some veg time - you deserve it!

--
IT WAS GREAT SEEING ANNE AGAIN!!!! Anne, you look fantastic! Rocker chic, for sure!:D Did you make it to tap not toooo late!? We'll have to meet up for lunch sometime soon! Or on a Sat w/ Klaudia! Outlets in Howell maybe?
The step class was....weird. We showed 'em up, fo sho!:D:D:D They added some reallllly weird UB weight combos in there - not really sure if she even knew what she was working half the time!/???? BUt she was very nice - wish the times were more convenient to go.

Came home and did GS shoulders.

Sleep tight everybody!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.