***CLEAN.IT.UP.MONDAY***

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good sleeping to you all,

It's middle of the night for you but I'm done with my WO! YAY! I did CTX chest, biceps, and shoulders (each is about 12 min long or so). It felt good. Kept really light b/c I'm SOOO weak but I'm sure I'll regain my strength quickly. Nice to not do cardio and weights together. I'm going to take it slowly this week and then next week might start going back to the gym in the afternoons for a little study break. Might bust out that couch to 5k routine and see how that goes for my knee on the tmill.

Gonna shower and get my kids going. I'm SUPER tired. Annabel's alarm went off at 9:15, 11:30 (ellie was up at 1), and 3:30. Ugh. I really hope this works. Poor thing is so tired. She said to me last night, "I don't want to do this every night, I just want to sleep."

But, I'm glad I got up and did my workout so I can studymax today.

QOTD: What did you want to be when you were a kid? (Besides a mom!) I always thought I wanted to be a therapist. So, I got my degree in psychology and then realized I was too sensitive and too empathetic for therapy. So, now I'm working on speech therapy. :)

BBL!

Morning Angie! ^5 on the workout! I am sure that getting up all those times in the night is exhausting for everyone. (((hugs))) Parenting is hard! I think running would be an excellent mental break from school - I'm all for it!

Melanie, welcome to our group! I am Katie, 28 yo, married for not quite two years and I have one son, about to turn 5 yo (from a previous relationship). I work full time outside the home in probation/substance abuse. DH and I have just started ttc baby #2 and we are so excited!! Welcome to the group!

Kate, how awesome that your sister came over to wo with you!

Clintonya, are you off today too?

Anne, ^5 on the workouts! So proud of you! I did a tempo run on Saturday instead of step moves. Disk 4 will be today.

Colleen, how are you feeling? Are you off today? Thanks for the advice on the party.

Nina, sorry about the stuff with your mom. Great workouts yesterday!

Becky, sorry about the migraine that took you out this weekend. I have just recently started getting them and it sucks!

Lisa, sorry to hear about the death in your family.

Wendy, did you survive without oatmeal?

Klaudia, how cool that your dad turns 60 in March too!

Thanks so much to everyone for the advice over the weekend about my mom's party. I feel much calmer about it all today and I have a list and need to just start getting it done. The party is only about 7 weeks away.

Saturday's workout was a 5 mile run, although the rotation called for Step Moves (I just did that one last weekend) and yesterday was an active rest day with cleanMAX of Collin's room. Today will be Disk 4 and maybe a short walk or run.

I'm off today but going in to work for a bit to get a few things done. I have a Drs appt first thing this morning then I will go into work. I think I am going to limit myself to two hours at the office.

Last night Chris and I went out for a date - dinner and drinks. I don't drink much, but we agreed that if I am going to get pg soon I should take advantage and get a little tipsy. We had a nice time but I came home and passed out (not what DH was hoping for, I think) and then didn't sleep well. I feel fine this morning, except I am pretty tired.

Have a great day everyone!!

hey everyone - fly by here - wo this am was 40/20 and insanity max int circuit. i am tired!

angie, great idea for a study break. sorry for the night, but i hope it works fast.

morning katie. good idea to limit the office time. glad you had fun last night.

clean eats today!! bbl

oh, and angie's question - i always always wanted to be a horse vet. i did that for 2 yrs after vet school, but the hours (24/7) and lifestyle would not have worked unless dh was a sahd, which he clearly is not:p

Morning

Angie sorry about last night. I was planning to do the same 2 week rotation Cross Train Express...just becasue I haven't done this one in years;). When I was young I wanted to be a science teacher but I ended up in the medical field.

Melanie welcome, I read your post yday but did not have time to write. I love that pic of your babies.Where do you find the time to workout? I'm Robin and have 2 teens Cameron and Jazlyn...who eats night and day. I ususally work as a lab tech but since I've moved from NYC to NC haven't been able to find the same type of job so now I work part time at JC Penney.

Katie I'm glad you had a nice date and poor Christ.;)

Nina hey what are you up to?

Morning Robin! Morning Nina!

I forgot QOTD! I used to want to be a marine biologist. My mom told me I had been watching too many episodes of flipper, lol:p

Morning all! I tried to study this morning but ended up in bed. I feel a lot better now. Hopefully I don't have a hard time getting to sleep tonight.

I am getting ready to take the girls back to school in a few minutes and then I need to run to the store for a few things and then I will be doing more studying. I'm thinking of making stromboli for dinner. Kate, (or anyone else) do you have a good recipe?

Katie, LOL on getting a little tipsy! That's hilarious. Feel bad for Chris. Ryan has learned the appropriate amount of alcohol for me. :) I hope you have another nice day off!

Nina, wtg on your WO! Do you feel like you HAVE to do that much cardio or do you do it just because you enjoy it? Thanks for the advice about ff's rotation. I think I'll do a 3 month STS style rotation and once I've built up some strength, I'll try that ff one.

Robin, I like the weight work on CTX but I'm not crazy about the cardio. I have some skipping problems on one of my discs though so that's annoying.

BBL!!

Hi Girls !!!

I feel 100% today....headache is gone, after effects gone and I even SLEPT ALL NIGHT until almost 8:00 this morning !!!!!!!!
Someone asked and I have had migraines since birth.
You guys know I have insomnia and this was WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel awesome!

Dh is home today for MLK day, but I will fit in STS Disc 7 , back/shoulder/chest (I think)

Angie, all I REALLY wanted to be was a mom. I was a bride for Halloween several years and that's what I really wanted to do .........and happily , I am !
But later I thought I'd enjoy physical therapy or some sort of work in the fitness or nutrition field.

Hi everyone !!! Have a great day!

Becky

Morning!

Girls are home today for MLK day-my parents might be taking them to a movie to give me a break-4 days at home is a long time!;) I need to grocery shop and workout then dance tonight. I'll be doing STS disc 4 and maybe a short cardio-never did get around to Athletic Step yesterday, but I did workout 5 days last week so I'm not too bummed.

When I was young I wanted to be a writer and live in France-ended up with a teaching degree in French/English (but I've never taught!) Maybe one day!

Katie, fun night! That happens to poor Darrin all the time too-or I get a tummy ache from eating out/drinking and it kind of puts the kabosh on his plans!;) Enjoy your day off!

Angie, I hope the timer works for you! I'm exhausted just reading how many times you got up and poor Annabel!:( Great job on getting a workout done-I like the CTX sub for Meso 1.

Nina, your workout was intense! I got bored with P90X just because I can only take so much of Tony and there's only 12 workouts total-not as much variety as STS even if that has remixed footage.

Robin, what are you doing today?

good morning everyone ;) so glad today is a holiday and its pouring to boot . But i love the rain ;) today i think im going to do either yoga and abs or cardio and abs. Hubby and I are meeting my dad and is GF for a movie(book of eli) then out to lunch . clean as possible i hope. it seems the more i try to get back into shape people are trying to sabatoge me. have a great day everyone

Mornin' Ladies!

I've got my girls home today too. Had a nice lazy breakfast & now we're on to Mario:)

b - eggs, bacon, cheese. Blueberries
l - salad w/ hb eggs, almonds, veggies
s - prunes & nuts
d - salad w/ steak & rpasted swt potato chunks.

WO - weights. Gotta figure out what. I think GS this week

QOTD - I wanted to be a lawyer, single & free living in NYC. There is so much divorce in my family I just wanted to be single and as far away as possible. If marriage meant kids & divorce then I wanted nothing to do with it. Little did I know I would go on a date at the tender age of 15 and that boy with the yellow camaro would steal my heart and we'd be married at 19 and 22. 3 kids and 10 years later I love my job of being a SAHM and wife.
---

Angie, Glad you got rested up! That alarm sounds :eek::eek::eek:.

Katie, Enjoy your 4day wkend! Sorry abt the end of date night!

Robin, I can't get into Jillian. Seems way too grouchy

Becky, Hurrray for a good night's sleep!

Klaudia, Enjy your alone time today!

Amanda, You snuck in! Don't let others sabotage you - easier said than done I know! We've had a couple bday parties lately and the cake has CALLED to me. But I have resisted - we've got Florida coming up and I have a race too - want to be in tip top shape!
I love a good rainy day too!

Angie, great job on starting out the week with a great workout! Sorry about the lack of sleep. I really wanted to be a writer when I grew up :)

Katie, yes, I am off, and I am loving it! The 4 days have gone by too fast though. Too funny about coming home and falling asleep, that is what seems to happen to me as I have gotten older, so it isn’t even worth it for me to drink :)

Nina, great job on the 2 workouts! I saw the horse in your avatar and was thinking you probably love horses :)

Robin, I have never done CTX. I may have to look into that after I am done with this rotation.

Becky, glad the migraine is gone and that’s is great about being able to sleep!

Klaudia, that is funny – I wanted to be a writer too :)

Amanda, I am glad too! Good luck with lunch, you can do it!

Kate, I like having someone there too – it also makes me work harder :) When’s your race?

Today will be disc 7 and then I will do my rest day tomorrow. Planning for another clean eating day today! Hope everyone has a great day.

Clintonya

Meijer done! The girls were WILD AS INDIANS but they were good so can't complain!:D
Lunch was a weirdo smorgasbord of stuff but mostly clean.

Gotta get Julia down for a nap in a bit then it's CHOREMAX!

Clintonya, My race isn't til June - my sis is doing it w/ me so we're pumped keeping eachother motivated for it!
Hope your weights go good later!

Hi Everyone!

I did STS Disc 7 this morning followed by the first 2 combos of Step Moves and then the extended stretch from STS. Then I did errandmax and now I am back home relaxing for a little bit. I am feeling better but still not 100%.

Katie, oops on getting tipsy. I hope you don't have to work too long today.
Angie, sorry about all the wake ups last night. I hope it gets better quickly.
Becky, glad your migraine is all gone and you got sleep last night. What did you think of the pushups in today's workout?
Nina, awesome workout! I did not think of combining insanity with Hiit. Good idea.
Robin, I never use the Jillian workouts I have. I am going to do them again in the next couple weeks and then make a decision on whether to keep them. You might want to try Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30 min. workouts. I really like them.
Klaudia, 4 days with the kids is a long time. I hope your parents were able to relieve you.
Amanda, I try to find safe meals at the restaurants I know we go to. It prevents me from pigging out every time we go out. Good luck today!
Clintonya, great plan for the day! Enjoy your last day of the extended weekend.

QOTD - I wanted to be a nurse when I was a kid but I passed out in biology when we were dissecting animals.

b: oatmeal w/ pumpkin & almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: ce tuna salad w/ cheddar chz on ezekiel bread
s: strawberries & yogurt w/ walnuts
d: steak, couscous, veggies

Oh Man, Colleen, you aren't kidding about all the pushups! I just finished Disc 7 and went to get something to drink and my arm was shaking !!!!!!!!!
Tough but GOOD !
More pushups than I'd choose, but it works !!!!

We've been working in the attic all day. Getting rid of JUNK ! That's been a workout of it's own !!!!!!!
WHY would have so many boxes of books ??
Loads for Goodwill and lots for the garbage man too.

Not exactly a fun day off for Dh but we needed to do this !

Becky

Colleen I'm glad you are feeling better and wow what a workout :eek:. I like Kelly's step box w/o so maybe I'll buy some of those instead.

Klaudia working out 5 days per week is enough for me. Any more than that and my joints start hurting.

Amanda there is always someone to sabotage your workouts either by accident or on purpose. I once had a boyfriend who said that I was obsessed.:rolleyes:

Kate "free living in NYC" ain't no such thing.LOL I think our lives turn out the way God wants them to.

Clintonya what type of writer did you want to be? Good going with the clean eats.

---
My w/o today was CTX chest and back...crazy high reps:eek: (16reps, 4 sets of each exercise) and ellip for 30mins.

I was thinking of doing:
2 weeks of Endurance...CTX ME
2 weeks of Hypertrophy...Pyramids, MIS
2 weeks of Strength...4DS, Gym Styles
2 weeks of circuits

I think that will cause muscle confusion for sure.

Becky you rocked that workout!

I read that on MLK bday we are suppose to do charity work so Good For You!

Hey girls, getting ready to study for a bit upstairs in my bed and then read my book and hopefully get to sleep by 10! I'm in a crabby mood because the guy who said he'd proctor my exams backed out and now I'm having trouble finding one. I'm just frustrated because I HAVE to get one and my first exam opens Wednesday and closes the following Wednesday. Ugh... a stinker about online classes.

Becky, I'm so glad you're feeling better today and were able to get in a good WO! I'm scared of that disc with all those push ups some day!

Robin, I think your plans for WOs sound good. I'm doing an endurance rotation this month (I created a rotation in workout manager and shared it so you could prob see it there). I like endurance so this month will be fun for me.

Klaudia, so great that your parents rescued you today. I am so jealous of how close you live and how great they are with your girls! What a blessing!

Amanda, I agree it's so hard to go out and stay clean but just watch your portions - it's your best bet!

Hi to Lisa, Anne, Nina, anyone else I'm forgetting??

See you in the morning!!

Kate, funny how life turns out, isn't it? I think you're doing an awesome job at what you do! I'm so jealous of your workout buddies!

Clintoya, how was disc 7 for you?

Colleen, great WO today! Hope you feel better soon. No fun being sick!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.