((((clean-it-up monday))))

Katie I'm like Klaudia I eat/drink more protein. The days I lift weights I always eat egg white omelette after my w/o. I've just started drinking protein shakes also.

I know after STS w/o I'm starving!!

Katie I know you workout very early during week days but on saturdays 1 hour before your w/o maybe you can eat some carbs....good carbs like whole grain toast, peanut butter etc.

Last edited:
hello everybody!

angie, lol! glad you're enjoying the goodies!

anne, glad you could start to work things out w/ your dad....
Lickity split, baby!!! right at the end of the bridge.

robin, that be a whole lotta benchin'!

katie, i just make sure my post-wo snack is hi protein. pre-forums, i got my best results just eating low/healthy fats and not worrying about it so much.:confused:

klaudia, i love weighted chest wrk....just dont make me do pushups!!!:eek:

clean eats, busy day. the busier my day, the less time i have for boredom eating!
got all my tomatoes & basil chopped for dinner. and a few fresh peppers too! mmmmmmm

kate, what are you making for dinner???

angie, glad you are so happy today. robin, i think i may only want some of the wos, but i want the travel too. not sure what the best deal will be. wish cathe had more info, you know?

klaud, have a fun wo

anne, glad you have a game plan for your family. that would make me feel better too.

colleen, hope your day is okay. any further thoughts on work?

katie, no real diet advice - sorry:( you sound like you are doing great, though.

work was busy today, yeah!! i feel like i actually did something useful. missed my therapy apt, though, which i needed. but, i have time to squeeze in some core and legs before grabbing kiddos. we leave in 8 days for virginia, and i need some shorts:( no time to shop, though. right nowi feel like i am battling dh about time to go running outside. don't want to ask for time to shop too. anyways. eats are clean, but i am getting anxious/hungry and want junk. heading down to the basement now to stay on track....

Night, night, Angie! Slaap lekker!

Morris, are you going on vacation in VA? That will be great! Just take a bathing suit and skirt and top. If you're at the beach, you'll be fine.

Kate, you know the recipe you gave me for lime chicken tacos? Will that keep in the fridge for a couple of days and heat up well? I want to make it on Wednesday (I'm taking the day off, so I'll be home), but we probably won't be able to eat it until Friday. Your dinner tonight sounds fab!

Klaudia, when do the Spartans play next? I haven't taken the time to look it up.

Hi to Robin, Colleen and Katie!

Work is busy today, so that's good. Did I tell you guys I had a great time at girl's night out on Friday? It was just what I needed.

anne

Holy forearms, batman!! They are on fire! I did STS 15-I used a 30# for 1 arm rows and a 62# bb for bent over rows-yowza! What the heck am I gonna do in Meso 3?!

Good night Angie!

Kate, congrats on the new purchase! I bet it feels good to have made the decision. You can come do my heavy chest work anytime!

Can't figure out what's for dinner-I have a huge bag of spinach I need to use up-maybe salmon and spinach with sweet potatoes? Kids'll have to eat something else, though.

ETA:

Anne we're on the same channel again:) The Spartans play on Friday-not surew what time. I'll let you know. Glad you had fun on Friday-girls night rocks!

You betcha, Klaudia, how was your girls night? Did I read about it in the weekend thread and forget what you said? Probably.

anne

Morris, Skillet pizza - I promise to post recipe later!!! Klaudia asked too....
i loved to be busy at work- glad work went well!
Can you tell DH you have to work but go shopping instead?!:eek::p:eek:

Anne, I would think Wed - Fri would be okay....

Klaudia, Great job! Those were my 1 arm rows too!:D

Girls are playing, Julia's sleeping.....aaaaahhhhhh! a moment of quiet before the next volcano erupts!:p:p:p

skillet pizza.........

making a few modifications for the fam (sauce in place of the tomato for dds) & im HEAPING mine w/ veggies at the table.... doubling the recipe too - mike can eat!!!:D i loooove a man w/ an appetite!
ive never made it before but it comes from cooks so you know itll work...
and this was the 1st time i bought beer! that stuff smells awful! gag! how do you gals drink that stuff???!!!!
btw, the beer is recommended to be a mild, american lager, such as budweiser////

Skillet Pizza
Serves 2
To save time, combine the cheeses and prepare the dough while the salted tomatoes are draining. When popping the bubbles in the dough in step 3, do so gently to avoid scratching the nonstick pan.

Toppings
4medium plum tomatoes , cored, seeded, and chopped 1/2teaspoon salt 1cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese 1/2cup finely chopped fresh basil
Dough
1cup all-purpose flour 1/2teaspoon baking powder 1/2teaspoon sugar 1/2teaspoon salt 1/3cup beer (see Step by Step) 7tablespoons olive oil
1. For the toppings: Toss tomatoes and salt in large bowl, then transfer to paper towel-lined plate; let drain 15 minutes. Combine cheeses and basil in medium bowl; refrigerate while preparing dough.
2. For the dough: Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in food processor. With processor running, slowly add beer and 1 tablespoon oil and process until dough pulls away from sides and forms shaggy ball, about 1 minute. Using floured hands, form dough into tight ball and cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rest 10 minutes. (Dough can be wrapped tightly in plastic and frozen for up to 1 week.)
3. Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll each half into very thin 9-inch round. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until just smoking. Following photos 1 to 3 on page 18, transfer one dough round to skillet and cook, poking any bubbles that form with fork, until bottom is deep golden brown and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip dough and sprinkle with half of drained tomatoes and half of cheese mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until second side is crisp and cheeses have melted, about 5 minutes. Transfer pizza to cutting board. Wipe out pan and repeat with remaining oil, dough, and toppings. Slice into wedges. Serve

^^^YUM!

I am home and WHEW am I exhausted! I was in court for THREE HOURS. That is draining!

Cooking dinner, then hopefully some down time. I need to stretch. DOMS already:confused:

great job witht the doms katie!

kate, yum! i will make that later in the week. how do you cook with the girls? i'd find it easier to run or lift with my guys than cook.

anne, i just got the cutest skirt from j crew - hope i get to wear it.

klaudia, how was your wo?

legs and core done, succumbed to 2 granola bars:eek: could have been wayyyyyy worse, and i am still on track with cals and east today, so it is all good. diner is grilled chick, asparagus, brocoslaw

katie, doms city - i love to go there!:D
3 hrs of court - yucko!

morris, they either cook w/ me or maybe bec they're so used to me being in the kitchen they just dont bother me!:p if theyre not cooking w/ me theyre at the counter coloring or doing some activity in the kichen. i love my/our time in the kitchen.
a jcrew skirt!!! im totally jealous!!! that is my *favorite* store!

that pizza was amazing! def keeping the recipe! it was just like a thin-crust bruschetta! i had tons of veggies on the side. fresh mushroooms and red and yellow peppers. yum!!!

will do sh/tris after sweetiepiecupcake goes to sleep. i love this baby!!!

Dinner done and cleaned up before 7! Easy, relaxing night ahead-2 magazines and DWTS:) Darrin's giving baths-he's kind of taken over permanently-just like the litter box;)

Katie, hope you get your stretch and some rest. I'm gonna do my chest workouts on the weekend when Darrin's here to help me until we get some stands.

Kate, you're truly a chef! That recipe is way too involved for my meager cooking abilities-I've never made dough!

Morris, I love j crew-wish I could afford it! I go on the website to window shop all the time:) My workout was great-my forearms beg to differ;)

Anne, the MSU game is Friday night, 9:37 tip. Hopefully I won't wake the kids!

Morris, can you post a link to the skirt?

Kate, that sounds delicious, but far more work than I would ever do. And I love beer. I can't explain it, but there it is!

Katie, I hope you get some good rest tonight. 3 hours in court must be exhausting.

I did PUB up only and went pretty heavy--20s, 22s, and 25s for chest and back. My arms a still a little shaky. That's a good thing, right? Off to tap in a minute, then home to read some more--I'm reading Fool by Christopher Moore. Does anybody else like him?

Hi to Angie, Klaudia, Robin, and Colleen. I'll be back in the morning.

anne

Rub it in, why dontcha?! Big bites?

I meant that cleaning the kids and the litter box are now Darrin's jobs-all the time:) Unless he's not home, of course-that would get smelly:)

I thought you were trying to tell us you were pregnant (cuz you can't scoop the littler box). Sorry, I was just imagining things!

And sorry about the carrot cake comment. If you were here, I would serve you a large piece and a nice hot cup of strong coffee;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.