Clean Eaters June 6th

kel, i didn't even know kashi had frozen dinners - i've never seen them at the store i go to. what sort of meals are they?

Grrrrrrrr...late start today. I didn't wake up late, but after my workout I decided to vacuum and steam clean (since I was already sweaty) and do some general straghtening, then had my breakfast. Oh well! :)

Good morning, Shelley, Phyllis, Kim, Robin, Cody, Patty, Gayle, Valerie, and Kel.

Stephanie-I agree with you about the "slip-up" thing. It makes it easier when I see that we all have our good days and bad days (or good meals and bad meals). Sometimes, I think I am too hard on myself. I can beat myself up over a slip-up. It's ridiculous.

Wendi-thanks for your get well wishes. I feel 100% better today!

Carrie-I work in the schools as well. School psychologists are on an administrattive schedule so although the kids got out on 29 May, my last day isn't until this Friday! Ugh!

Okay, workout for today was Circuit Max (for some reason it really kicked my behind today!) and Core Max segment w/ the stability ball.

B: protein shake w/ bee pollen, wheat germ, flaxseed, and blueberries

I am not sure what the rest of my day will look like because it is 1050 and I have just finished my protein shake! I will post it later because it helps keep me accountable.

See you gals later!

Lorie

Good Morning PMS People and everyone else as well!

Shelley, I KNEW your trail mix had M&M's!}( YUM! But I am sorry to hear about the tummy problems.

Carola-My sister in pain, hope its all feeling better today. I got some blood results back (for my upcoming hip surgery, and they found I am anemic because of my periods.) Just hope you are feeling better :)

Phyllis-Way to go with cake,hope you bought a really weird one that you would never eat!:) I am a frosting hound, so I really hate those cakes that use whipped cream instead of frosting...x(

Kim-Good advice from Shelley, I would add more protein. Seems like protein really works well for me personally, controls my sugar cravings.

Robin-The ravioli sounds great, everything in moderation right? Nothing is bad if you eat it in moderation ( I am preaching to myself here:7 )

To Lori, Cody, Jess, Wendi, Stephanie,and everyone else I may have missed... hey you all, have a clean eats day and great workouts!

My chow plan:

B-coffee, berries.2 TBL P. butter
S-South Beach whole grain tortilla with broccoli sprouts, tuna, salsa
L- veggies for sure and either salmon or chicken breast
S-apple, 4 egg whites, veggies, lowfat cheese, ww tortilla with salsa
D- same as snack #2

Tons of water and maybe an iron supplement!:)

Tneah,

I am a frosting hound as well!!! There have been times I have just bought frosting-no cake mix-because I just wanted to eat it plain!!! And yes, whipped cream frsoting...yuck! I am also not a fan of cream cheese icing.

Lorie

Hi Cody,

I've never posted a link before so I hope this works:

http://www.kashi.com/ourfood/7WholeGrainFoods/KashiEntrees/Default.aspx

They are mostly one dish meals, ranging from 240-340 calories each (total fat content from 3.5-11 grams), with lots of protein & a good source of fiber too. As with most dinners like these, the sodium is a little high in a few but not too bad in most. They offer a couple of vegetarian entrees & the ingredients are all natural so I'm hoping they would be considered "clean" because they are also very quick, convenient, & easy. Every one I've tried so far has been really good too so I highly recommend them. Another brand of frozen entrees I buy regularly is the Amy's Organic Bowls & sometimes the Lean Cuisine Spa, containing natural ingredients & whole wheat pasta or brown rice.

I hope this helps!

Oh yeah... thanks for posting that Tuscan Salad recipe... YUM! I will definitely give that one a try.

Anyone else here cut the piece of cake in half and eat the top half with the frosting, thereby increasing the frosting to cake ratio?

Anyway, just jumping back in to agree that seeing others make mistakes but not quit is very inspiring. I'm also glad to learn that M&M's have no calories. And, yes, there is also too much fruit in my diet. I fool myself that it is healthy, but it is also sweet. Ah well.

Robin (and some of you others who don't know the rules):

Any food item that you eat but did not specifically order (i.e. when someone else at the table orders dessert but it's really for you and you eat most of it) does not count.

Anything that is broken (i.e. pieces of cookies) does not count because the calories and fat fall out when you break them.

Anything that is made up primarily of air (i.e. cheetos/cotton candy/etc.) does not count because you are really just eating air.

Anything eaten during an activity (and eating is part of the expectation of the activity...like popcorn and Milk Duds at the movies) does not count. It is an activity and you are expected to eat. Same for parties.

Anything made with a vegetable (i.e. Funyons) does not count because it's a vegetable.

Frosting alone does not count because there is no cake with it.

Ice cream does not count because it turns into a liquid so you are really just drinking and drinking doesn't count because it's not eating.

Anything eaten in the car (especially on the way home from the grocery store) does not count because you are really just driving.

When you are just eating to make the pan even (i.e. someone cut a brownie/piece of lasagna/slice of cake out of the pan and now there is no longer a straight line) it does not count.

If you drink a diet soda after eating, it will erase the calories and fat you ate.

Samples do not count because you did not ask for them and you are merely trying something you might have later.

Anything made with fruit (i.e. strawberry shortcake) does not count because it's made with fruit and fruit is good for you.

Eating while standing does not count. You're not really sitting and having a real meal.

Spicy foods (i.e. hot wings/spicy chips/etc.) do not count because the spiciness burns off the calories and fat in the food.

I hope you guys got a laugh out of some of these (and realize I'm not serious). Please post your own. My best friend and I have had this going forever. We always call each other and ask "Does it count it if..." Another one we do is "What's a serving?" Like, a sleeve of thin mints is a serving because you would never leave a sleeve open. Stuff like that. It makes us laugh.

Hope you all did as well!

Lorie

Hey Lorie
I like the new rules lol!!!
Imagine we turned the clean eating check-in to the eat like hell check-in!!
Steph

I didn't see the Tuscan Salad Recipe either!!!

And ROFLOL at the rules. I knew if it was broken, like a cookie, all the calories fell out, but most of these are new and exciting to me. Someone told me that the cookies I ate at the bloodmobile on Monday didn't count because they were part of a medical procedure....

Nothing counts during that time of the month!x(

I just muddled through 10-10-10 and did some abs. Hopefully by this evening I will feel better and can continue with P90X-I am supposed to do Chest, Shoulders and Triceps.

Breakfast (9:00) ~ Usual oatmeal

Lunch (11:30) ~ Spinach & broccoli cole slaw salad w/ chicken breast, artichoke hearts, & tomatoes w/ light honey mustard dressing; vanilla yogurt w/ a few strawberries

Went to see Shrek 3 (very funny, kids loved it) and had NO popcorn (even though it smelled soooo good!) but did have a medium Diet Pepsi.

Snack (3:00) ~ Yogurt w/ scoop cott. cheese & NM PB

Dinner plan ~ Making burritos so I'll make a taco salad out of mine- lettuce/ spinach topped w/ FF refried & black beans, tomatoes, salsa, little guacamole, etc.

Oh boy, no clean eating for me again today! Ate a slice of WW bread w/ organic peanut butter and some fruit, ate some fruit and cottage cheese for snack, sushi w/brown rice for lunch and the it went downhill from there.

Went out with a client and had spicy chicken pasta AND 2 beers, WTH am I thinking, I hate beer!! I am still PMSing, I had a lousy day, I am stressed out and I am pissed at myself!!! I did so well for the last 2 months and all over sudden BAMMMM!!!

I am glad everyone else did great though! You guys are an inspiration!!! Tomorrow is a new day, I know I said that yesterday.

Carola

Alright, the rest of my day looked like this (although, it's not done yet and I always get munchies at night. I am plannig on eating the cherries I have in my fridge).

B: protein shake
L:canned salmon w/ nayonaisse on Ezekiel wrap w/ spinach and tomatoes
S: raisins and walnuts
S: more raisins and walnuts
D: hummus w/ red peppers and soy/flaxseed chips

Morning workout was Circuit Max and 1 segment of Core Max.

Carola, your day does not sound too bad. Besides, you're PMSing so it doesn't count! :)

Lorie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.