Classical Stretch question

DParker

Cathlete
For all you Classical Stretch lovers (or haters, or anyone else who's tried the workouts);

I have the DVD with the Total Body Workout and the Athlete's Intense Stretch. I just got it, and I found it weirdly addictive. I just...ENJOY stretching this way, and in parts, it's pretty challenging. OK, it's no Cathe workout, but it's a totally different category of exercise. Miranda reminds me of my mom, which is a little weird, but somehow the whole package works for me. I'm not annoyed by her, and the time flies by.

I was wondering what people thought of her other DVDs. I'm thinking of ordering the new Essentric DVD, or maybe the 2007 PBS series.

Also, if anyone cares to weigh in on her technique in general? She claims that these workouts elongate and slenderize muscles...I'm very skeptical about that claim. I just like the feeling of being all stretched out and relaxed, and I believe that adequate stretching helps prevent injuries. Anyone else a CS fan? Thanks in advance for any opinions or info--

Dee

I have the same DVD. I've done it 3x over the last couple weeks and I love it too! It's great! I've never done any of her other stuff but my poor bod is so inflexible I would love to get more!

I'm a new convert to Classical Stretch and am addicted! I bought 3 DVDs - the one you have, the new one that has 3 30-minute segments, and the one from the TV season that has 27 different segments (great bargain). I don't know about her claims about lengthening vs. bulking, etc., because I'm a variety junkie, so don't do these exclusively. I will say that when I'm finished with a CS tape, I feel wonderful. I also love the music and the ever-changing outdoor settings.

I have the season 4 TV series DVD and I LOVE it!! I don't have a clue about elongating muscles -- all I know is that her workouts make me feel wonderful and relaxed. My back, knees, and hips thank her, and I fully intend to order more of her workouts!

i find her a bit quirky and eccentric in personality (especially when she talks about her schmee cosmetics or says hello to the cat ;-) _ but i love the stretches. nothing stretches me out better and i think she has a very good knowledge of the body and what works. i have the classical/athletes' stretch dvd. i have recommended it to many people (in fact, i did just today).

i don't have any of her others, but wouldn't mind getting some.

I really like the Essentric dvd, although I've only tried one of the lower body workouts. It is actually a workout. Different from Cathe and weights that is for sure. There are a lot of work done on one leg with the other leg out to the front or side or back. One exercise would be balancing on one leg, while the other leg is out in front of you tracing out the alphabets with pointed foot/toes. The exercises are very barre like! I don't know about leaning out because I mix it up with weights and cardio, but I suppose it could prevent you from getting really bulky muscles since you really stretch and elongate and tighten the muscles at the same time instead of contracting the muscles like when you are lifting weights.

Let us know which you decide to buy. Enjoy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.