CIA videos?

clareMc

Cathlete
Hi all:

there was a thread on the Ask Cathe forum about videos and DVD's by Seasun Zieger through the CIA company.

Does anyone know the website to find these videos, specifically the ones by Seasun?

Also, those who do have these DVDs and tapes by Ms. Zieger, how would you rate them? Care to review any quickly for me?

Thanks for your help.

Clare

Hi Clare,

CIA is at http://www.ciavideo.com/ . This is Greg Twombly's company -- he produces many of the videos you see out there today. I'm pretty sure Cathe has worked with him in the past.

Seasun has done only one video that I'm aware of called Rock Steady Step. I love it!

I believe Collage caries most CIAs and has video clips you can preview. Also, there are a ton of CIA fans at VF so you may want to check out the reviews there.

:) Willow
---------------------------------------
Non-smoker since June 02/02!!

The website address is ciavideo.com I also think that collagevideo.com has her cia video. You can go to videofitness.com and check out the reviews. I've only heard good things so far. I almost ordered it a while ago when it first came out. But lack of money stoped me at the time. I'm still eyeing it though!

Hi Clare,

I just wanted to point out that it is very complex choreography, so if you don't like that kind of thing then the video won't be for you. It is a lot of fun though, so if you like a challenge in choreography you'll love it!

:)

I love Rock Steady Step. It seems to me that it is kind of a cross between Cathe's, Christi's and Kristin Kagen's style. The choreography is a little more "dancey" than Cathe's, but pretty much as intense. This is just my opinion, of course ;-) I think she is a very good instructor and would like to see her make more videos/DVD's!

Linda

Rock Steady Step!

Hi Clare!

You know I'm a diehard Cathe fan }( so when I venture out to other instructors my expectations are not as high ! I keep an open mind to their individuality and focus on their strengths!
My first experience with Seasun's Rock Steady step had me thinking "where has this girl been hiding"! Her choreography was complex(lotsa fancy footwork) but TRUST ME Doable! She even says in the workout, trust me -keep going,you'll get it. Just don't expect to get it right away! She does the moves enough times for you to get it and talks you through it even counting the moves! (Also there are 2 other participants in the video -one is pregnant and another does the modifications on the left so when you get lost you just follow her!)
What I love about this tape is that you can do it on the floor,just the step, or 6"! It's like hi/lo on the step! Her moves are more dancier than Cathe's and she has alot of PEP in her step! She is very light on her feet and I have read that people complained of her bouncing too much--IMHO that is just" her" style of moving ! She knows her choreography to a T and is GREAT at cueing her moves, yes they come fast in the second half of the video(lotsa footwork) but she gives enough time to get it or modify it--she really catered to the advanced complex steppers here and makes it doable for all steppers to improve on certain complex combos! It took me 7 times to get through the whole program but I really enjoyed the challenge! I put this video in a rotation with workouts I was familiar with and used this workout to challenge my mind and footwork which took me out of my usual element but it didn't frustrate this way since I was focused on improving on certain combos!Once I learned all the combos I noticed I too had more pep in my step, at first I was heavy on my feet getting the combos down, then once I mastered them and just listened to the cues, I was whizzing along with Seasun having a blast with the jammin music!
You will notice alot of familiar moves from Cathe but Seasun puts some serious flair on them(so atleast you can stay with what you know then gradually go into the added footwork)! It's been awhile since I did this tape but from memory I'll go into some moves~First, I loved that the first half hour is easier than the second half and you will feel worked out after this section and you can call it a day -finish it up or do weights!Just Love that you can have the option to fit in a half hour cardio! Some of her moves familiar from Cathe were the rock horse--with a straddle on the board, step up double kick(from rythmic step)- with a lunge move added-pendulum cha chas--fun move 8 count where she stepped forward back kicks to the side then pendulums--she talks you through it--she does ponies,rebound back cha cha mambos-, reverse scoops BUT straddles the board, she does a cool kick combo -repeater knee kick squat to other side than back- a glute move that is tricky but again enough time is given to get it--she has soo much choreography in this workout and really makes it fun! It would definielty frustrate someone who does not have patience--there is alot of footwork and transitions that you can get lost if you don't stay focused BUT you can always follow the modifier til you catch up! This is such a fun workout especially once you learn all the combos! She has a really good ab section to! She does planks on her elbows (holding) then raising one leg than the other, then full planks same sequence-then upper body crunches ,followed by extended arm lower leg lifty,reverse crunch combo with upper ,then bicycle,obliques and a fulle xtended upper crunch with one heel on top of the foot--remember this well cause I did it in my class and they(and I)loved the sequences! All in all-yes this workout is challenging in choreography has lotsa footwork but the instructor is fun upbeat,cues well and really gives her all!
For more info on Season, here's her schedule if you are ever in the area--you'll see that she's not only talented in step but holds various certifications as well!
http://getwebfit.com/stepSchedule.asp?InsID=118

RE: Rock Steady Step!

I love Rock Steady Step and Francine did a great job with her review.

Another of the latest CIAs that I love is Rob Glick's Amazing Step Styles...it's a dancy and fun step workout. The choreo is a little complex but doable.

HTH!

I'm thinking of purhasing Seasun Ziegar's video also. I currently use alot of Cathe, probably a few Mindy Mylrea's workouts a week,Taebo Advanced and Gin Miller occationally. I'm hoping to find someone else I can go to when Cathe doesn't have anything else I can buy, since I ordered The Body Blast Series I'm already in this position for Christmas.
~Lacy~

This is sooo weird, and wondering if anyone else has had this problem...whenever I try to go to ciavideo.com, either by clicking on a link someone has provided in a post, or even by just typing in the address myself, my Explorer browser shuts down completely...I've got a Mac...anybody else have this problem?

Francine:

whata fabulous review! Thank you so much for taking the time to be thorough, it realy makes a difference. Thanks again, I now have to add this on to my wish-list after the Christmas spending....which has been getting ugly!!!!!!

Clare

Clare you are very welcome!
Once you get a copy of this, you now know what is ahead of you and won't get frustrated! That's the beauty of this workout( it's fun and challenging)Before you know it- you will be ROCKIN STEADY WITH SEASUN too }(

Ps I hear ya on the holiday spending, it does get ugly especially with the convenience of online shopping! Where does the madness stop! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.