CIA 2605 Cardio-camp work-out

dorothyrd

Cathlete
This work-out with Kimberly Spreen is a hi-lo/kickbox interval work-out with some standing leg non-weighted leg work at the end.

When I previewed this, I thought it looked very repetitive and easy and was not sure I would like it. However, Kimberly has good screen presence and is fun.

So today I felt something not difficult was the ticket after work and decided to try it. I was right about it being easy to pick up. It is very easy, but the repetition did not bother me, and I found myself having a really good time with it, and working very hard. She does hi/lo combo, and then she does a kick box combo. She does this 3 times. At the end, she puts the hi/lo combos together, does some interval stuff as a bridge and puts the kickbox together.

After that she goes into leg work. forward lunges into back lunges, slow round house, different squats. It really burns. This work-out warm-up to cool down stretch is 69 minutes, and I was in my target range for 62 minutes.

I really liked this one. I did not expect to, so it was a really pleasant surprise.

For those who want to avoid high impact, I feel this one is also fairly easy to modify using large movements to keep the intensity up. I also really felt some of the kickbox stuff in the core, so it gets your core quite well also.

I would recommend this one if you like energetic hi/low and kickbox that is not real real complex.

I have all five of the new CIA workouts. I love the two step ones (Gay Gasper and Step Generation with strength training). I absolutley love Double Cardio. These two workouts are killers.

The other kickboxing one is pretty good, too. A little slower paced than I like. I have done it a couple of times. But with Kimberly Spreen, I started it, but didn't finish it - I need to do this one all the way through. You just inspired me to do just that. Kimberly's other kick-box on the step (last years CIA workouts is really food). I know what you mean about the repetition. That was how I felt when I quit.

I do know from experience, that I need to do the whole workout through a few times before I can really judge it.

Cheryl

I think after work today I really needed something that I did not have to think a lot, just work up a really good sweat. And this really fit the ticket. Since the routine is so easy to pick-up, I jazzed it up ala Dorothy and had fun with it. It just fit the bill today.

I have a question for those who have been doing the last three workouts in the new CIA set. I've read really good things about all of them, but for right now I only want to buy one. I'm waiting for Collage to carry the workouts, but that won't be for a few more weeks, so I'm just going to purchase one for now from CIA. I am looking for the most challenging cardio workout of the group. I definitely have my mind set on purchasing Double Cardio, but that one can wait unless the BOSU blast is a great cardio workout. I know the other workout doesn't have as much cardio focus, but it sounds like a great workout. So I guess it's between Criss-Cross cardio and Cardio Camp. Which would you recommend? Thanks.:D

I have not done Criss- Cross cardio, but cardio camp is very much and easy, although energetic routine. So if you get bored easily it might not be for you. I previewed some of the Sharon video, and it looks challenging. I did the first part of Season's on a step, and it was fun. The Bosu looks very fun, but I have enough stuff laying around. Doing it on a step was an easy thing. It is not as hard as Rock Steady Step.

Ciddy,

Which one of the Double Cardio do you think doesn't have much cardio in it? Body Cardio by Sharon is very challenging in the cardio departmnet. I consider myself to be very advanced. Sharon's workout was very hard. She takes no breaks at all. It is 75 minutes.

My sister came over yesterday to get some ideas for her aerobic classes. She has been teaching aerobics for over 20 years. She couldn't believe Sharon's intensity. The warm up is about 7 or 8 minutes, and my sister was like "Isn't this a little intense for a warm up?"

I do all of my workouts on an 8" step - except for ones like IMAX3 - but I found for Sharon's I had to lower the step for she is fast and her first section left me breathless. It is a very good workout.

Bosu Blast is excellent, I have only done it on the Bosu - but it is challenging as well on the Bosu. Both of these workouts I would consider great cardio.

I have done Criss-Cross cardio which is okay for kickboxing - but I feel the Powerstrikes are more intense. I haven't done all of Cardio Camp only about 20 minutes - because it didn't seem to have the intensity I was looking for. I will try that one in its entirety though.

With Double Cardio, I knew within the first 5 minutes that it was intense. Those are the kind of cardios I like. Sharon does strength training in between the cardio, but you keep on sweating during those segments, too. I guarantee you will sweat and feel like you have had a great workout when you are done with these!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding Double Cardio. Based on what I've read I guess I didn't realize there was that much cardio in Sharon's workout. I am SO excited to buy this DVD. I was going to get all three of the workouts, but I think Double Cardio will fit my needs just fine. Thanks again Cheryl. You've helped me make up my mind and saved me money in the process.

Ciddy:) :)

Ciddy,

I did that workout again this morning just to make sure of a few things. Her workout is truly awesome - I can't think of what to compare it to - one of Cathe's maybe - but she has a different style. It is great.

She goes non-stop for 62 minutes before even going on to the floor - with no cooldown until 72 minutes with a 3 minute cool-down. She uses the step quite a bit for some great cardio bursts - she throws in abs with a weight between the knees during the V sit then onto side planks off of the bench dipping down back to the V sits with the weight to the other side plank.

She uses the step vertically after the warm up. She also does alot of fast feet step on the bench. There is also lots of cardio on the floor - speed skaters - plyo jumps - so many I can't think of them all. Plus when she does the weight segments she incorporates the legs to keep your heart rate up there. My hear rate stays up the whole time.

It is amazing becausse there really is not any kind of break. I am quite impressed with this workout. Like I said the BOSU one is fantastic, too. So, for the price you get two workouts that are awesome. It is well worth it.

Let me know when you get this workout and do it, okay?

Cheryl

Cheryl,

I will definitely let you know. I am ordering it today. I've decided I'm not waiting for Collage to carry it. I'm ordering it from CIA. I can hardly wait. It's funny. This was the one workout of the three I thought I had decided NOT to order and what a mistake that would have been. Now it's the only one I am going to buy. Thanks again for the feedback. :D :D :D

I am going to jump in here on your conversation. I am previewing the double cardio(all body cardio) and it looks GREAT! I can't wait to try it. It looks really intense. I love the fact that she doesn't take a break at all. It is a full body workout. I am going to try it tomorrow and I will post my thoughts as well.

Susan

Susan,

I am glad you are trying it - let me know how you like it. Sharon is Greg Twombly's wife. You know that Greg is a partner with Cathe - or he was - he owns the CIA workouts.

I did one of Sharon's CIA workouts from the 1999 series and it was good, but this one is much better!

Cheryl

Ciddy,

I don't know if you purchased the CIA DVD yet, but I ordered another one on Seasunz.com with Seasun's new Straight Up step on Wednesday night and I just got it in the mail by 1PM today. I only paid $6 through USPS. Just to let you know that they have fast service!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Thanks....I haven't made the purchase yet, so I will definitely get it from Seasun's website. I am like an impatient kid at Christmas when it comes to waiting for my workouts to arrive in the mail, so the quicker the better. I am barely waiting to get home and place my order. Thanks again Cheryl.

Ciddy:) :)

I just did the Sharon video this afternoon, and all I can say is WOW, that is quite a work-out. I don't know what to compare it to. maybe bootcamp on speed, I don't know. It is tough, but time flew and I enjoyed it!

I'm a little late here, but I thought I'd add my thoughts. I have all of the CIA's and I must say. Sharon's workout from Double Cardio was tough for me also. I did it last Friday and had DOMs thru Monday. It is very taxing on the legs and the cardio portions really work your legs. I found it challenging. I loved it and Sharon was very professional and not annoying at all. It was also fun and athletic. I like athletic moves!

I also just bought a Bosu and did about 30 minutes of Bosu blast on it. It is much more fun on the Bosu than a plain step. (I've done part of it on both). I actually got bored on the step cuz the Bosu looked like so much more fun. Don't be fooled, as it is quite challenging as well! I think this DVD gives you a lot for your money and highly recommend it. The only complaint I have is that Sharon's workout is lacking in chest and back work....but I don't really mind that, as we tend to work those body parts a lot any way!

I'm a little late here, but I thought I'd add my thoughts. I have all of the CIA's and I must say. Sharon's workout from Double Cardio was tough for me also. I did it last Friday and had DOMs thru Monday. It is very taxing on the legs and the cardio portions really work your legs. I found it challenging. I loved it and Sharon was very professional and not annoying at all. It was also fun and athletic. I like athletic moves!

I also just bought a Bosu and did about 30 minutes of Bosu blast on it. It is much more fun on the Bosu than a plain step. (I've done part of it on both). I actually got bored on the step cuz the Bosu looked like so much more fun. Don't be fooled, as it is quite challenging as well! I think this DVD gives you a lot for your money and highly recommend it. The only complaint I have is that Sharon's workout is lacking in chest and back work....but I don't really mind that, as we tend to work those body parts a lot any way!

Thanks everyone for their thoughts on the Double Cardio DVD! I jsut ordered it and can't wait to try it! I just bought a bosu about a month ago and love it too! I have some of the pro bosu series, but wondered what other videos do you all do with your bosu?
Thank you in advance,
Jen

Which workout of Kimber Spreen would you say is better? Her newest CIA Cardio Camp or her first CIA Bootcamp w/step?

Cheryl,

I'd love to hear more about this Body Cardio by Sharon! Is it all cardio, does it have plyo? Which of Cathe's would you compare it to? Do she do weights too & abs? If you think it's that good, I may buy it. Can you preview it on CIA?

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.