((CHINNING IN THE NEW YEAR))

Good Job on the eating Catherine. Well, I completed 7 days of no sugar! WooHoo! So nowI figure it's time to add the next challenge - time to watch the processed carb intake. I want to limit my processed carbs to right after workouts and stick with fruits and veggies for the rest.

Here is what I did this morning.

Superset A
Bulgarian Split Squat
8/8/8 - 25's
Dips w/ Knees up
8/8/8 ***these were brutal but I swear I feel them more in the front of my shoulders than in my tris????:confused::confused::confused::confused:****

Superset B
Chins w/ Knee ups
6/7/6
DB Step Ups
8/8/8 - 30's

Superset C
SB Jackknifes
15/15/15
X-Body Mountain Climber
12/12/12
Side Plank w/ Leg Raise
10/10/10 each side

Then interval cardio at a 60/60 ratio for six rounds using Amy's powerups from ASC 1, then Stretch Segment 3 from Cathe's Total Body Stretching. Workout was 1:23 and I burned 564 calories.

Did some flexibility assessment on my self yesterday and found my right shoulder is very tight. Really going to try and work on it and see if that helps the numbness.

Linda~ No sugar for 7 days? Way to go!! Do you still get cravings? I allow one piece of dark chocolate a day usually after dinner. BTW...nice workout. Hope your shoulder loosens up for you.

Catherine~ I was inspired by your posted workout to push it on my bench press today for my 1 rep max test. Loaded my bar to 75#s but couldn't clean it into position so I had DS hand it to me. I did 8 reps and hit failure:eek: Good thing DS was still next to me to grab the bar. I need to get a new bench that I can use with my squat stands for bench press.

I did testing on Monday and used 25# DBs for seated OV Press and got in 10 reps. Today, I had to do them again standing and could only do 6! WTH?! Same issue with my bicep tests. Sorry to rant but this really makes me wonder how accurate this testing is going to be. Maybe I was just having a weak day:confused:

JJ

Linda, you are doing so good with your eating :eek::eek: I feel dips in my shoulders too. I can not imagine doing them with knee ups- show off ;)

JJ, good job on benching!! I used to have my DH spot me too before I got my power rack. I'd say on the OHP you were probably still a bit fatigued from Monday. I think so much factors into this eating,sleep,fatigue,... So I am not sure how much I will trust the 1 RM.

I was not feeling like working out this evenig. So I pulled out LM and did the step premix (the one without the blasts) followed by the stability ball seg of SM. I hope to do Providence tomorrow.

Hey gang!! I was planning on Providence today, but my back is acting quirky and just don't want to chance it. I am taking a rest day. I have a massage tomorrow. Hopefully that will help :cool:

Linda, JJ hope you had a good day!

Catherine, Good for you for listening to your body. Hope your back feels better soon. I'm still having weird issues with the hip bone so I'm still not doing any cardio. Enjoy your massage:)

Linda, How is your shoulder?

More 1 rep max tests tomorrow and I'm gonna throw in some chins:confused:.

JJ

Crazy Busy Day! Just now getting here. But worked out on about six hours sleep and needed something different. Step was just not gonna happen, so I chose KPC. I have not done this workout in like forever and honestly I do not remember it being that much fun! But I had a blast. Work out was 1:05 and I burn 587 calories:eek::eek::eek::eek:! I choose this workout because I thought it would be more steady state and be easier.:p:p:p!

Did my first training session! I think it went well! It's fun doing something you enjoy!

JJ - No the cravings have pretty much gone! :D:D:D:D:D My shoulders are okay, sore but all right. I would think a one rep max test would be difficult as so many things effect your strength from day to day.

Catherine
- Enjoy that massage, I will just have to suffer through with my foam roller.:p And the dips aren't with knee-up but rather knees up. Meaning you are holding your knees up toward your chest.;)

Yesterday was non-stop and this morning and afternoon DH was hogging MY computer!

Okay, today I woke up with a headache and was tired and didn't feel like doing anything, so I decided to keep it easy. So I did the Step Combos from IMAX 2 and 3 and The first Step Combo from Cardio & Weights, then I did the Basic Stretching segment from Cathe's Total Body Stretching and added a few extra for my shoulder. Then I started reorganizing my workout area and forgot to turn off my HRM, so when I finally remembered it it was at 1:30 and I had burned 596 calories! :eek: I am amazed at that burn for such a low intensity workout. Cardio was aboit 50 minutes the stretching was 15-20 minutes and the rest was me organizing.

Then yesterday I have no idea what the true calorie burn was because I kept stopping the HRM. First with a wrist weight I had on and the last time I have no idea how I turned it off, but I missed the calorie burn for my entire cardio section. So here are the exercises I did yesterday.

Superset A
BB Squats (to parallel)
12/12/12 - 87#
One Arm Over Head Press
8/8/8 - 26#

Superset B
Static Lunge
8/8/8 - 36's
DB Pullovers
12/12/12 - 42#

Superset C
Inverted Row w/ Feet on SB
12/12/12
X-Body Mountain Climbers w/ Feet on SB
10/10/10 per side
SB Plank
30 sec hold x 3.

Thene interval cardio at a 30/90 ratio for 6 roiunds going over the step with a lunge back. Ending with stretching segment 2 with the ball from Cathe's Total Body Stretching w a few added for the shoulder.

Linda, it looks like you are doing a good job keeping up with the stretching!! I've been adding some extra in this week too. Nice workouts!! When is your next session with your client?

I took 2 rest days this week because my back was not right. It's better. But I had a session with Katie this morning and immediatley afterwards I started having a spasm in my neck and now I can hardly look to the right :confused: I do not remember doing anything to strain my neck at all :mad: Tomorrow was gonna be P90X Legs and Back, but I will have to see.

JJ, how is your hip??

Just waving to you chinners....and I'm jealous of your progress!!! I'm checking in on the prego forum for now Catherine, but I'm so proud of you for keeping this going - you are awesome girl!!!

Briee

Just waving to you chinners....and I'm jealous of your progress!!! I'm checking in on the prego forum for now Catherine, but I'm so proud of you for keeping this going - you are awesome girl!!!

Briee

:eek::eek::eek: My long lost friend Briee!!! It's so good to hear from you!! Checking in on the prego forum eh? Congrats!!! I guess you could consider that weighted chins right?? :D I was doing much better with my chins and pulls, but have slacked off a bit since starting kbs. Tough to fit it all in ya know. You must update me on things when you have a chance. I'm off to read the prego forum ;)

Just so you other chinners know. Briee was a chinner thread pioneer. Back in the day LOL!!

Hey ladies. My neck was much better this morning. I did some lower body stuff. Box squats, deadlifts, leg curls and some of GSL floor work. Also added in corrective strategies and stretches. I feel my lower body starting to re-learn what it is supposed to do and that is good.

Have to take DF to the doctor's this afternoon and I have a ton of stuff to do before that, so just stopping in real quick!

Briee - Wow! Congratulations! So how long have you kept this secret from us?:p

Catherine - Happy to hear your neck is feeling better :). And that your lower body is finding realignment!:p

My hands are getting bad again at night, so sleeping is getting tough again and I am getting to bed to late. So it all adds up to me being one tired girl :confused:.
I really did not want to get out of bed this morning, but I talked my way out at little late. I had to shave a few minutes off the cardio but I got it all in.

Superset A
Reverse Lunge
8/8/8 - 31's
Decline Spiderman Pushups
8/8/7 each side ***Can seem to get past this rep count!:p***

Superset B
Pull ups w/ Knee ups
4/4/4 ***stuck here too****
SB Leg Curl
20/20/20

Superset C
AB Wheel Roll Out
10/10/10
X-Body Mountain Climbers w/ hands on SB
10/10/10 each side
Straight Arm Side Plank
30 sec. hold x 3

Then interval cardio at 30/90 ratio for six rounds, then the stretch segment from Amy's ASC 3 adding a few more on my own.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.