Chin Mania check in 3/4/07

Sooooooooooooooosan, I don't see any visable results yet. But my lower body endurance has increased. And believe me it sucked!!
I am finishing my 3rd week of the rotation, but I had about 5 days off somewhere in there. So fairy consistent with it. Will continue to use it once a week and see.

Yippee Sooooooooooooosan is doing chins!!! Do you really lothe them? I know I sometimes dread them. But the stronger I get the more I like them. They are certainly hard and I sometimes get a huge dread factor. I think my mental state of mind has almost as much to do with my physical ability when it comes to doing these.

Catherine

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/1.gif

"LOATHE them"

Sooooosan-I couldn't agree with you more! Maybe, someday, if I could actually pull myself up I would like them. I know, I know, the only way that is going to happen is if I do them and I am slowly getting back into the negs, hangs, cheats etc etc.

Oh yea, I did meet Rocky! Here, I have been to A-jock's house several times and I never met Fiona. What's up with that? She will have to for sure bring that "pet" on the RR.

Briee-ya need any help in planning that family vacation???????

Catherine-good luck with the dog today.

Today, I am going to do PUB-up only as I don't have a lot of time. Have a great day!

Joanne

***Takes a big bow*** I'd like to thank Briee, Sooooooooooooosan, Joanne, Deb, Melody, Honey Buch (may her spirit rest in peace on this thread) for all of their support and encouraging words to enable me to make it to this moment!! OK I did 5 in a row today!!!!!!! Turns a cyber cartwheel (can't do a real one, I don't think) That last one was sloppy, but my chin was above the bar!!! I did 16 total I think- I was so excited after do 5 in one set I sort of lost count.

We must stop the talk of loathing chins in this thread ladies LOL!! Your mental attitude is half the battle with these. Seriously. I pictured myself last night, while I was supposed to be sleeping, doing 5 in a row and I did!!

Doggie update, we have lots of work to do with them. I should say I have lots of work to do with them. As it seems DH is not gonna be any help X( Needless to say I am not very happy with this. But I will do what I have to to help them get along!!

Catherine

The we looooove chin site

Wahoooooo!!!!!! I'm so proud of you Catherine!! Notice the use of visualization, the mental tenacity, you've won the battle!!!! Awesome girl!!

Now...correct me if I'm wrong (no don't), but I'm sure that they weren't referring to chins up there when speaking of loathing. They were referring to yoga and I completely understand.

We loooooooooooove chins here on the chin site}( }( }( }( }(

Briee (loathe is so close to love - maybe it was a typo:p??)

RE: The we looooove chin site

The place where I take TaeKwonDo has a shop down below and they will easily make T's if we design it (or she can design it). I just have to get creative - which tends to come in waves. I think my wave just went out, but when it comes back....I'll try to think of something. The shop does all types, embroidery, silk screen, etc... We would also have to pick what "type" of T to put it on.

I did B&G again this morning....hoping to "shock" my butt. I was aching a bit from 2 days ago, but now I'm truly SORE. Also did shoulders and arms yesterday...I'm on a roll (that was a joke :7 )

Briee (Ohhhh...I've been doing chins too, all kinds, slow, fast - I'm not counting...just doing them every so often throughout the day)

Catherine, you are THE BOMB!!!! WAY TO GO!!!! I know you feel great that your hard work and tenacity have paid off! I am so proud of you!

You're right, Briee, I inadvertantly typed "ath" where the "v" should have been. Obviously a natural and very common mistake.:)

I did Muscle Max today and will do intense cardio tomorrow - not sure what yet.

My mom had her surgery yesterday and has done better than anticipated. They got all the cancer from her face but, in treating the trigeminal nerve, had to stop when they got to her ear. She'll be starting radiation in about 4 weeks to hopefully get what they couldn't get surgically. I spoke to her for 2 seconds on the phone, but she was clearly in no condition to talk. I'm going up on Friday.

Sooooooooooooosan, good news about your mom. I am so glad her surgery went well. Still sending up prayers!! Thanks for your kind words. But seriously, I would not have had the continued drive and motivation without you ladies!!

I did IMAX 2 today instead of CF. Guess what tomorrow is B&G- seems like I just did that one??

Catherine

I am so glad to hear about your mom Sooooooooooooosan. We'll keep praying.

>You're right, Briee, I inadvertantly typed "ath" where the "v" should have been. Obviously a natural and very common mistake.

LOL ROTF

Catherine....our screener service is blocking me from checking the site you listed. They aren't doing chins in the buff are they????
:7 :7 :p :p Soon as dh comes down I'll get the password. Can't wait to see those buff chinners!!!

Briee

Jumping in to loath...er, hate chins...*gasp*:p Hi, Soooosan!

I have missed you guys, you crazy, lovable women who are absolutely the inspiration for me to one day chin...though I do not particularly like it.

Waving and I want to play again.

Yahhhhhhhhh!!! Melody came back to hate chins....I'm SOOOOO happy. I've missed you terribly!!! Life does get in the way of the Cathe forum sometimes doesn't it!!!

I'm off to church....possibly to find donuts to steal!!! Have a great Sunday all.

Briee

Hey Melody!! So glad you dropped by- we missssssss you!! I hope you and your family are doing well. I also hope things calm down for ya so you can visit with us more often.

Briee, back stealing donuts at church eh??

I just finished B&G well, haven't finished the guts part yet. Did I mention that I hate floor work?? I did it anyway. But will do the abs later.

Catherine

MELODY!!!! How are you? I often think of you and your remarkable family and wonder how things are going. The weather must be beautiful in GA this time of year. (I lived in Atlanta for six years and remember how beautiful and long the spring and fall were.) Isn't it great that Catherine met her 5-chin goal? And doesn't it suck that Joanne and I (and you - sounds like) are still at ground zero?:p And Briee? You gotta love her cause she's so darn upbeat and funny, but it's really not fair how naturally strong and athletic she is - you know: "Miss I've-Been-Deathly-Ill-for-6-Weeks-so-I-Eased-Back-into-it-with-B&G-Followed-by-KM/BC-Drills-Followed-by-P90X-Chest & Back":p :p :p :) :)

Are you, by any chance, considering the Road Trip? We could all bring our own chin-up bars and show this "advanced" group of exercisers what advanced really means.:p :p }( :)

It would just be the highlight of my year if I get to go on the RT and meet you ladies!!!! I get so excited just thinking about it. I hope Cathe doesn't plan it when I can not come. As of now I am planning on it. Oh just saying that makes me excited!!

Well I just finished my gut workout LOL. Since I did the Butts without the guts this morning. Sooooooooooooosan, I do have to day my lower body endurance is better- not great but better. It sucked before LOL!! My legs feel a bit thicker/firmer, but still have a layer of fat over them x(

Catherine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.