:::CHEETAHVILLE::: Thursday

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!

I have a feeling I'm definitely gonna want to take a trip to Margaritaville by the end of today, *LOL*!

I only have a second to say hi and to say I can't wait to finally GTG with some of you wonderful ladies next Friday. I've got the go ahead from the boss to take that day off...in fact we re-arranged our showing schedule to accomodate it so I'm so psyched right now:D! Oh, and just to clarify to some of the Cheetahs...I'm not going on the "official" RT, just the Friday step class. Hmmmmm, in a previous email from Cathe she said that class was now half step and half UB...I wonder if she changed it to all step for the RT? I didn't see anyone mention UB work. Either way I'm a happy camper:cool:.

Gotta run, sorry!!! I will catch up with everyone but it probably won't be til tomorrow:(. I'm going to be rushing to get back from the show and to bowling on time as it is tonight. I'm good for 'em though. Although, I do have say....Posh - OUCHEEES!!! I hope you're not too banged up. I won't ask if you're okay;)...yeah, hate that one, too.

Have a great day ladies!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I am up early this morning. I slept like a rock from 10-4 but then that was all she wrote. I am okay with that though. You know there's always nap time!;)

So I've decided to continue on with 4DS. I can't start with chest and back though so I am thinking of doing shoulders today. I am delaying c&b because of my butt. Too much rolling up and down on the step with heavy weights in hand. I'd be crying from the pain. :eek: Aside from that, I was sooo sore last time that I think it impeded my ability with shoulders and arms so this way I will have the opportunity to work the other 2 parts harder before I hit c&b in a couple of days. My goal is get shoulders done early and then hit the gym later this morning for cardio. I am thinking of doing some HIIT on the elliptical followed by a steady state run.

Wendi: I am way bummed that I won't get to meet you on Friday. :( I don't suppose you intend to hang around until the RT'ers need to leave on the bus??

That's all for now...I still need to catch up with y'day's personals but I'll do that in a separate post in a few mins.

BBIAB!

***Personals***

Judy: OMG I'm so sorry about the water issue you are having. How awful. I will keep my fingers crossed that the smell goes away. On the bright side you will have a freshly painted and gorgeous first floor to make you smile in the meantime.

Carole: I despise full underwear these days. BLECH! Boy shorts are cute. I have a few pairs but I am still preferable to the floss. LOL

Karen: I wonder why your DD put the xray in a library book? So I went food shopping y'day. My house is filled with good stuff to eat now! I started using the program y'day and considering how little healthy food was in the house, I didn't do too bad. I am excited to see what happens today.

Cathy: I suppose I should seriously consider beginning training this weekend. I'll have to see how many weeks I have and plan out my mileage accordingly. Good job with HSTA y'day. Yes it is definately leg press overkill but in general I really like that work out.

Gloria: So what was your work out of choice yesterday? Thanks for the warm welcome back. :)

Linda: Sorry about your DD and her health problems, etc. I am very happy to hear things have improved. I don't know if you've found it yet but the nutrtion program is in the work out manager.

Jackie: Kickboxing is my fave cardio from 4DS. Glad you enjoyed the work out.

Shelly: You may be too busy for 2 work outs a day for a while but it's for a very good reason! Enjoy the class and the little gtg next friday. I wish I could be there. :( My tush is still hurtin' like heck. Not sure if it's the bruised tailbone, the cut or both but I'm not ready to try and brave the thongs yet in any case! :eek:

Dallas: So how was the kid's show last night?

Okay, looks like this catches me up! Off to get more java!

Good morning, everyone! :)

Linda :: well, I am in the same boat as you in terms of inexperience, but any plan I have read does not do two 20 mile training runs B2B. I would think that could lead to overtraining...I am doing reasonably well...taking it slow :)...some runs are tougher than others...I had some odd spine pain on two of my long runs and am having a little issue with one foot being numb and/or painful, but all things considered, I feel healthy. Re: the nutrition program, there are several posts on the OD and on the Diet & Nutrition forums where folks provided feedback on the program. I know Lorie, Posh, and myself have been using it and love it!!

Gloria :: Usually, we get a letter sometime in August that says the rooms "are ready" and we can come in and get them set up.

Dallas :: hope that foot ache vanishes...Big day for your family today. Thinking of all of you and hope things go well for MIL and DH. Let us know about the tests...It sounds like Shelly, Wendi, and Lorie will be doing the Fri. morning class.

Wendi :: glad your boss gave you the green light for next Friday.

Wendy :: I would agree that with 10 weeks until the run, it's best not to wait any longer. Do you have your training plan worked out yet?

I slept in til 6:20 today. :) So, I need to get movin' before it gets TOO hot. It's already 76 and humid. Plan is a run following by KM drills.

Have a great day!

Wendy :: I would agree that with 10 weeks until the run, it's best not to wait any longer. Do you have your training plan worked out yet?

Just mapped one out 5 mins ago! This off the top of my head w/o even looking at anyone's training plans. Nothing like being prepared,ey? LOL
I was planning on doing cc's and itreads during the week. Not sure how many days per week I will run total...perhaps 3. I have a light work schedule for the month of August though so I COULD do more. I'll see how it goes...

8/3: 7 miles
8/10: 3.5 miles
8/17: 9 miles
8/24: 4.5 miles
8/31: 11 miles
9/7: 5.5 miles
9/14: 13 miles
9/21: 6.5 miles
9/28: 15 miles
10/5: 7.5 miles
10/12: 18 mile race

So I finished 4DS shoulders, core, calves a little while ago. Once again I only did the first exercise for the calves. I will build up endurance over time to be able to do more but for right now that is plenty for them! Heading to the gym in a little while and will do whatever cardio appeals to me today. :)

Wendy :: the plan looks good...nice job with 4DS SCC. Enjoy whatever cardio you do.

Back from a 3 miler. Good run, but it is absolutely UNGODLY out there today. I'm drenched. Downing a cold glass of milk to buy some air time :) and then it's onto the drills.

Wendy :: the plan looks good...nice job with 4DS SCC. Enjoy whatever cardio you do.

Back from a 3 miler. Good run, but it is absolutely UNGODLY out there today. I'm drenched. Downing a cold glass of milk to buy some air time :) and then it's onto the drills.

You are a better woman than I. NO WAY would I be doing anything else after a run in this weather! You rock!:D

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday - just too busy to have time to check in. Between end of month and getting ready for our trip to North Carolina, I'm finding my time very limited. No, I was not affected by the quake. I'm actually 5 hours north of LA (close, Carole - but 4 more 15 minutes... ;)). I took a rest day yesterday. Today is Legs and Glutes and a bike ride with my friend after work. Power Hour on Tuesday was fun! I enjoy working out with my coworker. She's not very strong, yet, but she's willing to give it the ole collage try!

Now some personals!

Linda - so sorry to hear about your daughter! I'm sending healthy vibes for the baby! How exciting that's she pregnant again! And I am sooo happy to see you back here!

Dallas - That was actually my second time doing SZ. I do enjoy it. A lot of people complain about the moves being off beat, but to me music does not make or break a workout, so I notice it less. You asked about Spinervals - it really depends on what you want. His fitness ones - like Sweating Buckets and Enter the Red Zone are fun and a little less serious than his others. I love Hillacious for the rolling hill segment, but he starts with 2 8 minute steady state climbs. So that can get a little boring if you're not expecting it. I also like Zoot Challenge because it's fast and shorter (40 minutes). I like the Have Mercy's because you can do as much as as little as you want. Sunny loves The Sprinting Machine, but I'm not too fond of that one. I'll have to give it another go, though to really know. Hope that helps!

Wendi - hope the show is going well and that you're getting SOME sleep!

Posh!! So sorry to hear about your accident! Hope your arm and knee are feeling better!!! And I hope you can still train. The whole family is going to NC, so that will be fun. My sister will be joining us half way through our trip, so that will be nice too. Jimmy is actually staying with a friend. I had him signed up at the Doggie Hyatt, but realized it would cost me $425 for the length of time he'd have to be in there! OUCH! So my friend (the one I cycle with) volunteered very enthusiastically (Jimmy, for as spoiled as he is, is a very good dog). She's also going to keep Kimo. I live 2 miles from the office and being in sales have a somewhat flexible schedule, so if I take a little longer than an hour, it's not a big deal - that's how I can work out over lunch. :cool:

Cathy - I think your latest revision looks really good! I cannot wait to get to Chicago! I actually won't know if I have to be there ahead of time until about 2 weeks before the show. Lovely! :eek: But we'll make it work. Glad you're getting your potassium! Honestly, the reason I joined Cathe's nutrition as opposed to staying with WW (besides the price) is that I truly believe that if you're getting the nutrients you need, you're not hungry. Seems to be working for me, too. *crosses fingers* HSTA is the one that made me appreciate the leg press.

Lorie - Oh, enjoy the show tonight!! This Dean guy sounds like a winner! Aruba, concert tickets... I think you finally found someone worthy of you!

Wendy - Glad to hear you had a great time in Ocean City!! Isn't it always true that when you're really excited and looking forward to the "perfect vacation" things fall apart, but when you think you're going to have a bad time, you have a great one. Go figure! I've actually found that doing the nutrition program before I shopped worked better for me because I had a built in list of things to get. Looks like a great plan!!

Judy - Sorry to hear about the issues with the fridge and the water from the furnace! For the cat pee - go to a pet store and get some of the nuetralizer that they sell. It eliminates the smell and theoretically, the cat won't smell it and pee there again. Hope you got in your run and yoga class!

Carole - How's Beau doing? Sadie still happy with him? Any new pics? He's so cute. Nice to have you here with your advice on running! I was reading what you wrote to Cathy. Nothing like the voice of experience!

Karen - glad you finally got the tree removed!! Yes, my parents did live in Bel Air, but dad moved to North Carolina. However, my sister will be returning to Philly in December (they live in England now), so I'll be close. When I come out, we need to schedule a GTG between all of us! Too funny about the XRAY - sounds like my kids!

Gloria - what did you end up doing yesterday? How was tutoring? Great run on Tuesday!

Jackie - I love 4DS Kickboxing, too - you HAVE to do the full workout to really get the full advantage.

Shelly - Tomorrow is the big day, right? How exciting!! Are you moving in right away? I'll be thinking of you! Do you have time off? Unfortunately, we had to skip the leg work in PH due to a meeting - all we got was upperbody. But her legs hurt from the warm up squats, so that's probably a good thing. I like the beaches in NC because the water is warm. Here in Northern CA, the ocean is too cold to really enjoy. I think the west coast is more eye-popping scenery-wise, but the east has a beauty, too. Seriously, I just like water, any water. :p Yes, I know, I should train for a tri. I'm considering it....

Well, must get going! Have a great day all!

i think af is kicking my arse because i really struggled with getting up this morning.:mad:

will probably be doing gs c&t and cardio. maybe step again.

wendy-yep! i was the blind one yesterday. at least i found this one right away!!! sorry you were up so erarly this morning. that happened to me tuesday night!

judy-i don't think she totally says to give up cheese, just to limit dairy because it's so difficult to digest. her website is really helpful, especially the forums. i start her 12 week bootcamp soon and i am SCARED!!! yay for a working fridge!!!

carole-i admit i am not a huge george michael fan but enjoy his music. i did hear from people that have seen him that he puts on an INCREDIBLE show.

karen-lol on the t-shirt! i had one, too!

wt-i am not sure if gillian outlaws caffiene although i know she believes that if you eat correctly you won't need it to get you going. i am REALLY happy with the profile and access to the full website. i think it is VERY worth it. glad you allowed yourself to sleep in (well, sleep in for you).

gloria-i have not noticed any side effects from cutting out the caffiene. i stopped on saturday and have been drinking kombucha and green tea instead. i was drinking one pepsi max every morning before that.

linda-you were my secret santa and you had asked for the cathe calendar so i sent it. snm sent me an invoice and said they sent it. maybe one of us should call? you should have gotten it in DECEMBER!!!

jackie-i like logging my workouts on excel because i can add in as many categories as i want. as for af staying away for the rt, if she came three days ago, she BETTER NOT come next week! i am guessing i just had an early cycle.

shelly-a three day stretch THEN moving? you really are super shelly!!!

dallas-glad you got in your pedicure. you need to make time to pamper yourself!

wendi-if your boss doesn't give you off for friday, i will come down and make him!!! ;) you HAVE to be there!!!

christine-great to hear from you!!! when are you leaving for your trip? have fun!

okay, i really need to get motoring. i am starting to get excited for the rt.

question...
who is planning on going to the friday morning step class AND is anyone planning on coming in thursday night? you can crash in my room!!!

God morning cheetahs

Cathy...Don't think you have to run the miles I said! I just put the suggestion out there. You can only do what you can. The most important IMO is the 3, 20 mile long runs during training. Maybe the Cathe nutrition software can get us both back to our ideal weight! Yep, I signed up for the 3 month package...:)..I bet it felt good to sleep in. Sorry about the ungodly humidity. Good job getting in the run in that mess!

Wendi..sounds like a busy day, maybe a Margarita will be in order!

Wendy..guess it will take some time for your YKW to heal up! I have never tried boy shorts. I asked DH to get me some dental floss yesterday and he asked "Are you making a bathing suit?" quite the comedian...Looks like a good training schedule, are you running a bit more than your half mary training?

Christine...I did initially think 4-5 hours for the distance between you and LA. Beau is doing well. He and Sadie are playing a lot and seem to be getting along great. No new pics yet...thanks re my running advice. Have fun with L&G and a bike ride.

Lorie..I like some of George's music too. I bet the show will be great. Enjoy your GS workout and cardio.

Karen...the massage was great. I always feel so good after! Interesting about your daughter sticking her x-ray in a book!! It took me awhile to figure out my profile and the friends thing too. Don't feel bad...:)

Linda..Yes, I am enjoying P90X+ and doing one of the rotations. I am modifying though with more cardio and 2 leg workouts added. Thanks for the Hasimoto info. Does it ever go away?

Jackie...I saw that Judge Judy clip on the news last night!! I grew up in Southern Cal and lived through a few of those nasty quakes. Good job with 4DS KB yesterday.

Shelly..the furry kids are doing well and playing together! I had a nice 4 mile run yesterday. Hope the move to the new house goes well.

Dallas..I used the foam roller yesterday too. Good job with iCycle.

Gloria...Good job on the 6 miles and Yoga yesterday.

Today is legwork, 30 min on my EXT and yoga.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning!

Wendi – How exciting that you get to go to the Step Class! I wish I could go on the road trip! We are going on vacation (Montanna) August 9th……to close together for me to go on either the July, or Aug. trip :<(

Wendy – Thanks for the Nutrition site info! I did find it. Is it as complicated as it looks?
I see on your training plan, you do a longer week, then cut back one, then one longer week, then cut back,etc. I am going to tell my running buddy that is what we should do. Hopefully, she will agree. We have been increasing 2 weeks in a row, then cutting back on week, etc. Would it help if you doubled a yoga mat on your step when you lie down to do weight work? Or is that not what the problem was? Glad you got your 4DS in! I always skip the calf work. When I do calf work, I have horrible calf cramps at night. I know I need it….but I have to admit…I skip it ;>)

Cathy – It was on the Runner’s World Forum that we read about the two weeks increase, fall back one, etc. But…..I agree with you. I’m glad you’re feeling well on your plan! I had a hip injury that had me going to a chiropractor . Actually, I am still going, but I am turned loose for a month. It is much, much better. That is the only problem…so far. I am glad you guys are enjoying the Nutrition site! I may have to try that. I will also check the GD. Enjoy your run and KM drills.

Christine – I am so glad you weren’t affected by the quake! That is cool that you are working out with your co-worker! I am sure she really appreciates it! Enjoy L&G and your bike ride! How is Jimmy??

Lorie – Oh dear! I am confused about the calendar. I got a gift from Wendy for our Secret Santa drawing. But I didn’t get the calendar you sent. But “Thank you” for trying to get it sent! :<) I wonder what happened and where they sent it? I ordered a calendar for Wendy…..but I know that was the one I had “ordered because it came with some other Cathe merchandise that I ordered. Hmmm..the mystery of the missing calendar! Bless your heart….you were probably wondering why you never heard from me acknowledging it! Enjoy your GS C&T and cardio!

Carole – No, the Hashimoto’s will never go away. She will just by treated with Synthroid for Hypothyroidism. They will just have to make sure to keep really close watch on her levels. At least they know what caused it all….I knew there had to be an underlying cause for it all! Your P90X+ rotation sounds good! I like how you are adding the extra legs. The series was a little lacking on leg work ;>)

This morning I ran 7 miles and tried Jillian’s 30 day Shred (Level 1). I am going to be short a day of running this week and I wanted to get in a little more weights. I thought maybe doing Jillian’s workouts the rest of the week would give me more running time. I have never done those before.

Linda

KM drills done. I decided to tack on my favorite new pilates torture, too: WP B&T.
evilgrin.gif
Now I'm showered up and feelin' fine.

Wendy :: Funny thing is, when I went to set up for the first drill, my standing leg was already hurting. *lol* I think it might be from Tuesday's WP B&T...I can appreciate some shorter runs in the goop b/c I figure those make runs in ideal conditions feel so much more effortless!

Christine :: I can totally see you going for a tri!...IA with your comments about the nutrition software. I did well on WW (when I was faithful to it), but this is truly helping me learn and be more conscious of better choices. I feel full but light. And well-fueled for my workouts.

WT :: sorry AF is still hittin' ya hard...Hopefully GS CT & cardio'll make you feel a little better. I'm glad Gillian's system is working for you.

Linda/Lori :: I wonder if the calendar was sent to the house, whether little Madison got a hold of it. She was known for decimating packages, wasn't she?

Carole :: no, I completely trust your advice! I will see how things go and how I'm feeling. If I can, I'll try to bump up a couple of those in-between long runs. It looks like I will only manage two 20 milers, though. Think that'll be OK?...Now that I know I like the software, I am going to go ahead and spring for the yearly package when the one-month expires. Looks like a solid deal...Snorting at your DH's comments :D...he sounds like a funny guy.

Once again, missed a post in there.

Linda :: hmm, that is a mystery about the Secret Santa/calendar. I know I had a friend help me draw the names/send the emails in order to keep ME in the dark, and things were screwed up with Wendy and Wendi. :( I feel bad about it...Interesting about RW--coming from such a trusted source, I'm sure it's another legitimate way to approach training. I'm glad your hip is doing better.

Cathy - Regarding the training and RW....it was on the forums...in a discussion. It wasn't a plan recommended by RW. So, it would basically be just people discussing it in a thread. Hmmm....I wonder....maybe Madison did eat it!! I will ask Bob if he saw any ripped paper or envelopes! That is a good idea! That could be what happened. Don't feel about about the mixup! It wasn't your fault and it is all okay! :>)

Cathy - Just saw your post that Lorie was SS to Susan. So, I guess Madison didn't eat it! She is off the hook! Although, the little rotten thing has eaten more than her share of packages and DVD's!

Hello ladies!

Wendi: You will have a blast at the Cathe step class. :)

Wendy: I posted my workout last night. Enjoy your workout and I hope the tailbone is feeling better soon.

Cathy: It has been warm and humid here too. Nice you slept in a little. We will be getting the letter soon. You are doing some great workouts. I bet you are feeling great with your wise food choices. :)

Christine: Posted late last night about my workout. I was wondering where you were yesterday. Tutoring went well. We have been off task a little chatting. I will try and curtail that next week. :) Thanks re: the run. You would do great training and doing a tri! I liked NC when I went there. We have driven down there several years in a row and camped on the Nontahala River (sp?). It is very close to the TN NC border. Have a great workout today!

Lorie: Only two cups of coffee this morning for me. I can usually drink a pot by myself, so I am making some progress. I have never heard of kombucha. How exciting you will get to meet Cheetahs and Cathe on the road trip. I am happy to hear you are not having any negative side effects from less caffeine. Have a blast at the concert with Dean tonight!

Carole: That is great that Beau and Sadie are playing more. Pip and Ellie have been playing a lot too, which suprised me since Ellie is a bit aloof. I think she likes having Pip around. Sometimes she will lay by the kennel when Pip is in it. She even let Pip give her kisses yesterday. I am sure you and Cathy will get back to your goal weight in no time with Cathe's software.

Linda: How exciting you are going to Montana for vacation! Will you be going to Livingston again? I am glad the hip is feeling better. There is nothing more irritating than wanting to workout, but can't due to injury.

Today will be BC I think. My eating has been decent so I jumped on the scale and have lost five pounds since I last checked a while ago. I am feeling great. I hope I can keep it off through the winter. That will be a challenge, as I tend to make a lot of comfort food when it is cold out. Hope everyone enjoys their day and stays cool. :)

Hey Cheetahs!

Back from the gym and gettin' ready to make lunch! I chose to do CC#3 as produced this morning. It's my 2nd time doing that one. The first time I was having my TM issues so this time it felt good to be able run faster. :)

Off to grab some food...I'll be back to catch up with personals in a bit!

Gloria - No, we aren't going to get to Livingston this year. We are going to Missoula (sp?), Hamilton (Hamilton is where we are doing the fly fishing trip this year), Dillon, Ennis, Helena and Yellowstone. In Ennis, we are going to stay in a cabin or a couple of days. I just hope and pray it is not too hot out there in August! I am not very happy about going at this time of year! But...hopefully, it will be okay! Congrats on the 5 pounds!! Enjoy your BC!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.