CHEETAHS Wednesday 2/28

Sunny - one more thing - no matter which trainer you get - try to get a fluid one - they are much quieter. Whatever you do, avoid a wind one as you'll never hear what Coach Troy has to say. And if you end up buying a mountain bike or a hybrid with knobbed tires - buy a "slick" or a treadless tire - the knobbies are also very noisey.

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Hmmm...I don't think X Stretch is going to happen after all...I just don't have the patience for it. I should have known this would happen!x(

I think I am going to go take a nap instead! How's that for a trade-off? :p

I'll be back later chickadees!:)

Wendy, I'd opt for a nap too! :) :) Actually I could use one right now. DS & DD both were up at different times last night. A girl can dream of a nap can't she. Enjoy yours!

Back for a minute

Kristi- I am not qualified to recommend Chi Running for anyone, but I think it a book worth teading for all runners.

Carole- I do go to a weekly bible study but we had a snow cancellation and a week off for the kids winter break, so it has been a few weeks.

Jes- a new truck! Happy Happy Joy Joy! how was the tea party?

sweet dre3ams Wendy!

We had a visit form the stry cat in our house again last night! He follows our kitties in through their kitty door. I think he is adopting us. I may try to catch him and bring him to the vet.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Judy ~ I want to read Chi running now too! I've heard about it & looked at the website before but forgot about it until you mentioned it. I'll see if the library has it.

Yeah, Greg is excited about the truck!! He got everything done at the credit union & we should have our truck this weekend! He will still have his old hunting truck (it's an old Ford that he painted camoflauge), but he needs a nice truck for all of the hauling & hunting that he does. (and that gets good gas mileage!)

The tea party was just *divine*. All of the animals were well fed & had a delicious snack of trail mix. :) Allison cracks me up.

I got KickMax done plus the leg conditioning drills, I could feel it even more since I did GS legs y'day. ;-) Off to shower & the girls will be home soon! I'll have more time to post tomorrow! The phone's been ringing off the hook all day! :eek:

Hey, everyone!

Sorry to cause any unnecessary alarm! (And thank you for thinking of me.) Everything’s fine – I just had a hectic morning. Managed to quickly page through yesterday’s posts but did not have time to post.

Last night, I did not manage to get Plyo in. My best friend (the one things have been kinda weird with lately) threw out a spontaneous invite for dinner, and I thought some hangin’ out/catching up time was a good idea. So, it was straight from school to the dermatologist to the Bonefish Grill, and when I got home, I dove right into essay grading. Anyhow, I’m happy to say I think things are back to normal. It was worth missing a workout for!

I’m even happier to say that the grading is FINALLY DONE!!! I feel like a tremendous weight has been lifted. It was really down to the WIRE because the scores were due to my supervisor today, and I was actually grading the last few this morning. Whew!! Now I’m not going to assign anything else for at least a month. *lol*

More good news :: my Fluidity bar was waiting for me when I got home today!! YIPPEE!!! So after I sort out my lesson plans for tomorrow (I’m being observed), I will give Plyo a go and then try out the new equipment. Can’t wait!! Enough blathering about myself…time for personals!!!

Kristi :: sorry your little guy is giving you some lip lately. Fantastic that he is so eager to learn. I’m always amazed by how much they need to know for kindergarten nowadays. Hope you enjoyed today’s run…Maybe a split workout would be a good idea with your schedule. Do you have the GS series?

Judy :: ha! Working out in the AM! That’s a good one. ;) :) I have to go check out that Chi Running book on Amazon…What field are you considering pursuing for grad school?

Laura :: good luck on selling your home! I hope everything falls into place for you quickly.

Gayle :: sheesh, are you trying to give Shelly a run for her money??? Great (and intense) workout!…So glad Mike is safe!! I can’t imagine the kind of worry you must feel on a regular basis. Woohoo on the weighted gloves! Where did you find them? I ask because none of the sporting goods stores around here carry them.

Linda :: KPC is a goodie…I might do that instead of Kenpo later in the week. Thanks for the info on the Fluidity workouts. I guess I will start with the beginner DVD tonight.

Carole :: I really enjoy watching the snow fall, too. The flakes that were coming down on Sunday were the biggest, fattest flakes I think I’ve ever seen. I grabbed a Corona Light and took a walk in the woods to enjoy it. It’s just too bad it didn’t stick. Thanks for posting the pics!

Christine :: DH sure is doing a lot of globetrottin’ lately…is it all work-related?

Sunny :: congrats on the commission!! You *know* you’re doing well when you’ve got people signing up *on the spot*!! That is AWESOME!!!

Wendy :: yep, I’d say the nap would win out for me, too…Thanks for the kind words re: my career switch…I just wanted to get across that I truly do understand your anxiety and the hopes you have riding on it. It is such a scary prospect any time you enter a brand-new field, I think. But I have to say again that you (like Sunny) really seem made for training!!

Marcia :: I think your food intake looks a little low, too, for the intensity of your workouts…but I think keeping track is key. Also, careful portioning. I know some of the folks here use (and highly recommend) sparkpeople.com. I am partial to fitday.com. For $20, I downloaded the FitDay PC program and have found that to be invaluable for crunching the numbers for me. Maybe take a look at those two programs and see if one appeals to you.

Mattea :: When I run on the TM, I usually do have the TV and iPod going at once. Love when I can catch Seinfeld reruns – that keeps me distracted! Great job staying on there for 5 miles!

Karen :: don’t know if you’ll be checking in, but sorry to hear about your dad!

Hi Shelly, Susan, & Jess!

OK, off to get my lesson plan in order!

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

Hey folks!

Glad you are A-OKAY, Cathy!:)

I don't have time for personals but I just HAD to check to let y'all know that I went to step class tonight and fell on my butt!:eek: :p :7 *waits to tell story until the laughter dulls to a low roar* We were just starting a segment where you are not allowed to use risers because it's agility training type stuff where you do alot of quick hoppy, jumpy type stuff from one to foot to the other between the floor and the step, etc. So anyway...within in the first 20 seconds of the segment I put my foot on the platform and WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE, out it came from under me and down I went on to my butt! OUCH! LOL Needless to say I did not use the platform for the rest of that segment! LOL I have done that kind of stuff before with out a problem but I may have been on a more slippery part of the floor and possibly the rubber on the bottom of my platform was worn. Who knows...but with the risers in it was fine. So yes, I may have a bruise on my backside and a small bruise on my ego but otherwise I am fine! I got right up and kept on going!:+ :7 :+ :7

Gotta go get my son to bed now...

I may not be back until the morning now so good night!:)

Whoops, Wendy! That sounds like a maneuver *I'd* pull...sorry about the bruised tuchus (and ego)!! Glad you can laugh about it, though.

I just finished Plyo & the Fluidity Beginner workout. Between the two of them, I am totally spent! I have to say...I liked both. Plyo wasn't as hard on the joints as I thought, but it was as tough as you all said. Great workout! Fluidity is...different. So far, I like it. I felt a good burn with the beginner workout, which was only 30 minutes. But it *is* a fairly large piece of equipment. I hope it's not something I regret as an impulsive buy.

OK, I'm beat - time to get ready to bank some zzz's! Have a great night, everyone!

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

Night Cathy! Sweet dreams! :)

I just wanted to add before I forget...

I pretty much finished reading the big ol' PT manual today. I have about 3 pages left so I started the test this afternoon! *GASP!* :eek: Once I finish the section that pertains to the manual I just read then I will stop taking it to read the 2nd manual. I think it'll be a great way to break things up for me!:)

Wish me luck, ladies!}(

Good night folks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back