Cheetahs Wednesday 10/4

Checking in again really quick...

Christine: my understanding is we can't change corrals :(. We're assigned based on the estimated finish time that we signed up with. Some finish times will have multiple corrals, just because people end up finishing in clusters (e.g. so there may be several corrals for the folks who estimate their time to be 2:30--I definitely won't be in any of those corrals LOL). If you and DH estimated the same finish time AND that finish time doesn't have too many people in it, you'll probably be in the same corral.

I'm going to try and pick up my packet on Friday. I'm flying back from my trip (it's in LA, so it's a 1-day trip LOL) tomorrow morning, but I'll be working from home since I'm expecting the cable guy to come sometime in the afternoon. Assuming he arrives on time, I'm going to head over to the Expo and get my packet.

Kaykay: I'm running the San Jose Rock N' Roll Half on Sunday :).

Jennifer

Jennifer, Good luck. I am sure you will do great. Have fun. If I get enought nerve, I will be doing my 5K on that day too. I'll be thinking of you.

hey ladies,

christine- 4am (blech) what time does your job start?

jennifer-good luck with your marathon.

i am soooooooooooo excited i just found a beginners running class not too far from my home. they started last week and i will have to miss this week due to my ds's last soccer game. however i should be able to start next thurs. it's offered thru the ymca so they also have free childcare!!!! i feel like i hit the jackpot:D :D

Hello, cheetahs!

Sunny D :: Absolutely – anyone starts this thing! Sometimes two of us do by mistake. :) Thanks…I wound up NOT working out yesterday afternoon/evening, so I could focus my sole attention on the paper. I have been sort of doing everything and anything BUT the paper, and it was time to cut the procrastinating. So, I’m about halfway done. Definitely making room for a good 5-or-so miles in just a few and I’m thinking GS CT after. I feel like a good A$$-whoopin’ today. :) But first, a little unwinding… Have fun w/ your running class!!

Jess::: There was a sense of despair coming through in yesterday’s post…between your grandmom’s situation and now the knee, I can see why you’re a whirl of emotion. Hang in there – the knee WILL get better and you’ll be back to your old self. Hope you had fun shopping! That’s always a great pick-me-up.

Laurie ::: oops on missing the get-together w/ your running crew. I am a homebody at times, too. Hope that ankle improves.

Linda :: that’s funny…I was thinking the other day that work is really getting in the way of my workouts. *lol* It *is* tougher to adjust to running in the afternoon, in my opinion – it’s too easy for something to get in the way or to feel pooped after a long day. Thought I still believe nothing beats an AM workout, I generally try to be flexible about when I work out and am now pretty good now about fitting it in at almost any time of day that works w/ my schedule. Don’t know how that will change when it gets darker…I might have to give in to the TM, too.

Elaine ::: I don’t know if you’ll check the thread once more before you go, but best of luck to you. We will be running right alongside in spirit – for your brother. Run strong, cheetah!!

Susan :: you HAD to mention chocolate chip cookies, didn’t you? ;-) ha ha Enjoy LG/KPC.

Hi Katrina, Wendy, Laura, Colleen, Jennifer, Carole, Christine, Karen, and all others who drop in today.

I'm off to pound the pavement. Will check back in before I hunker down with the rest of my research paper.

Ciao!
Cathy :)

G'afternoon Cheetahs! What a fun day! I had a great time meeting my friends for b'fast at IHOP. I had the grilled chicken fajita omelet (made w/ eggbeaters) w/ the harvest grain & nut pancakes. YUMMY! (and I didn't pig out & eat the whole thing! :p )

Then Allison & I hit Kohl's & I got some smokin' deals!! For one, I had to get a suit coat for my dh, he's in desperate need of some new dress stuff. I got him a black Chaps suit jacket (normally $150) for $70!! And I got a couple pairs of dress pants for him & a long-sleeved shirt that he can wear to work. I found my 5yo a new winter jacket that was normally $75 for $33!! (and it's one of those 4-in-1 jackets w/ the zip out inner liner that she can wear alone also). I got a cute jean skirt in the JR's section for myself for $7 & another skirt for church for $8 along w/ a cute brown sweater. All of it- BIG savings! ;-) And a couple long sleeved shirts & a pair of pants for each of my dd's. Woohoo, I love bargains! (can ya tell?) And Allison was such a good girl that I let her ride on the horse carousel (they have one in the middle of the mall).

Got her down for a nap & did GS BSB- I just love this workout!!

One bummer of the day though- I have to go pick my dh up from work. His car overheated on the way to work & he thinks it is the water pump. We just had it replaced last year, so he called the auto place to see if it's still under warranty. I hope so!

OK, hope you're all having a great day. I'm on a bargain high now!! }(

I hope you had a good run, Cathy!! Run for me too, ok?? I did GS CT y'day- it always kicks my butt! Love it though!

Yes, I feel like I've been on an emotional rollercoaster lately! But today I'm feeling much more like my cheery self. :) Yes, shopping did help, I love bargain shopping. But that's also why I don't allow myself to go to Kohl's too often!! :p

Good luck w/ your research paper. I guess that's why I'm afraid to go back to school, it's been too long since I've had to do homework!!! :eek:

Good luck on the half, Jennifer!! Can't wait to read your race report & I hoe you can find your friend to run with!! I've never done a corraled race before, but when I signed up for the Indy half (not til next May) I had to put down a time. So I used 2:00 as a generic time since my last half was 1:59:19. Although I'm hoping to be faster by then! ;-)

Have a great trip!

Hey Cheetahs! I'm making Jambalaya for dinner tonight, so I'm taking a break from cooking (it's wonderful, but takes sooo long!) Ended up doing Cardio Coach 5 on the elliptical, then doing CC 3 on the spin bike - my gym got new spin bikes - they are so nice! So, I probably did more than I should, but I had so much energy I could not help it. I'm still feeling really good (ate well yesterday - and will do so again today).

Jess - glad to hear you're feeling better - and shopping always helps - especially when you get such great deals! WOW!! Your Grandmother remains in my prayers. I'll send some good vibes for the warranty too! ;-)

Sunny - I need a bit to wake up so I get up early to get myself moving. I'm usually doing something by 5AM. Weird, I know...

Jennifer - we'll see about DH and I. We did put down the same time, but it's the 2:30 time, so I'm sure there are tons of us. Oh well.

Hey Ladies!

I know I checked in this morning but I'm late again getting back here. I was feeling very lazy and sleepy after work today for some reason. After putting DS down for a nap, I was about to change my clothes to work out myself (lower body) but that quickly turned into a nap instead!:p I rarely do that so I guess I really needed it. By the time I woke up it was too late to work out.

I redeemed myself though...at 5pm when the gym's daycare re-opened (DH was working o/t so no class tonight) I was there w/DS! I ran 3 miles on the TM (30.49 mins) and then I hit the Butts and Gutts class (first time doing it). I DEFINATELY got the lower body worked today! It's a fierce 15 mins of lower body (standing and floor-think endurance!) and 15 mins of ab work....What a great burner!!!!}( }( }(

I only skimmed very briefly through a few posts. I'll have to see if I can catch up tomorrow.

Sunny, I did read about the running class you found! That is fantastic girl! I'm sooo happy for you! Have fun! :)

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.