::: CHEETAHS ::: Wed., 9/13

Hi again! Had a great time with p90x today! Those pull ups are starting to get a little easier :7

Wendy- Sounds like you got a better workout in then if you had stayed at the gym! I guess Joey knew what was best for mom! I'm sure you'll be able to adjust your schedule to get your workouts in.

Adri- I'm glad you got a nap in! Hopefully you can be in shape for school tomorrow. Believe it or not (and I know it's hard for you) your classes at school are infinitely more valuable for you in the long run than your workouts.

Katrina- great pre work workout! What job do you do?

Jess- poor thing...taper madness AND rain...hang in there....and send some of that rain out west!!!

Thomasina- how wonderful to hear from you! I caught up on your post yesterday. Sorry about your smoky dry conditions right now. Definitely better to stay indoors with your workouts! I get DOMS pretty much every time i do PUB. Love it! My race in October is the "man against horse". It's funny you call yourself a mule cuz that is exactly who I'll be racing against! My friend Janet and her mule Maddie. Mules are actually excellent endurance racers, along with mustangs and arabians. I'm still set for PF Changs in Phoenix next Jan for my first official marathon. I've made reservations at the Buttes in Tempe for DH and myself. I'd love to meet if we can!

Katie- I hear your healing on your back. There's plenty of time for you to train adequately for the PF Chang HM. I hope you can join us!!!!

That's all for now folks! Happy running to all!!!

ShellyC

:)

SHELLY!

DH and I are also reserved for the Buttes in Tempe! Shouldn't be too hard to meet up at least once then eh? LOL We arrive on Saturday (1/13) and go home Monday (1/15). COOL!

Yep, I know, I know, you keep telling me about how mules are great endurance animals and well, that's me! I tell my kids they may be faster than me, but I can out run (mileage) any of them! I'm just a slow mule. Ok, so cheetah against a mule race! Sorry, but from one mule to another, I guess I'll have to be rooting for Maddie then...JUST KIDDING! I'm sure you're going to do very excellent! Actually, I'd be a bit scared if I was Maddie! ;-)

Thomasina

Hey Secky Cheetahs!!!
I'm up form my nap. Wow that one lasted a whole 52 minutes!!! I'm ona role today ha!?!?!?!?!?!

Katrina- Nice job on your run girlfriend;-)

Thomasina- I know you said (you all said) not for me to W/O today but as stubborn as I am I already did a few things. I did SJP abs, S&H back and MM chest. I think I'm going to the gym too cuz Mom is going and we're super close. She even said to me "you know another mother would NEVER let their kid go somewhere if they stay home on a school day!" yadi yadi ya. I know I shouldn't but I felt like crap this morning and now I feel like 10 times better by mid afternoon/ night. Also, glad you gotta a good W/O in!!

Wendy- sounds like some great W/O's for you too cheetah!! Great job
;-) I wanna check out RTTC but at first I thought it was stickly core. LOL:+

ShellyC- Yea girl your gettin stonga!!!! Keep it up. In like no time those pull-ups will a breeze!!

Have a great one!!
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

O almost frogot:::

Cathy- I GOT THE VIDEOS!!!! Thanks so much girl!! I already watched Power Kicks and it seems like a great W/O!! I just htink the warm-up is like super long..LOL:+ Thanks so much. I look forward to doing them:D:D

-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

THOMASINA ~~ My Meatless Inca!!! How could I forget posting back to you???? You always make me smile & giggle w/ your posts!!! I'm so glad you posted & now you have me smiling thinking of you in a Cheetah costume at my marathon!! I think *that* will get me through the tough miles, I'll keep on smiling!! :) Good for you for getting your butt outta bed too!! Funny that you thought of me, yes I'm a crazy one getting up so early.

You're going to do great on your half!! Sorry about the fires, I'll send you some of my rain!!!

Please post when you can, we miss you!

Hugs,

Well, any nap is better than no nap, Adri! I took a nap too, just feeling a bit tired & the yucky rainy day made it perfect for a nap. My 3yo is still asleep too, she was wiped out!

Sounds like you & your Mom are so close, that's great. My Mom is still one of my best friends, I talk to her on the phone at least once a day & we get along great. I hope my girls & I are always close.

Be careful if you don't go to the gym & if you're too tired make it a light day!!

Hugs,

Thanks Shelly. I'm taking it slow. We'll see how things go. The good news is that the weather is beginning to cool down a bit in the mornings, so hopefully by the time I'm ready to run again the weather will be great.

Katie

Good Afternoon Lovely Cheetah Ladies –

Got in a 4 mile run just before my interview this morning. The interview went very well – and I think I would really like the job. It’s crazy busy, but that’s a good thing for me – I like being crazy busy. So, knock on wood and all that. This one I do want. :p

Cathy – Hope you get adjusted to the new hours soon. Hopefully I’ll be undergoing the same thing! I’ve done the laptop thing. It’s not ideal, but it works!

Wendy – Sounds like a great workout day! Holy Cow!!

Judy – oh, I love those cold rainy days were a nice slow cooker meal or long simmering soup is just the thing! Enjoy!!

Adri – Hope you’re feeling better soon… Take a deep breath! You have a lot going on! And like Shelly said – REST! Maybe, and I hate to say this, but maybe consider scaling back a bit.

Jess - Good luck finding something to do with Allison in the rain! The rainy days in North Carolina with the three kids were the hardest as by 2 PM they were climbing the walls. We found things to entertain them, but it’s not the same as going to the beach and letting them dig, run and play.

Carole – thanks for the info on John!! Enjoy your run! Supposed to really cool down tomorrow!

Shelly – Heard you folks had a nice little sand storm yesterday! There was a wonderful photo of it on my news this morning. Glad to hear the weather today is beautiful!

Well, it’s soon off to take DD13 for a mop cut (she does not have hair – she has a mop). The DH is going to be late tonight, so I get to laze and just make quesadillas for the girls. I like easy nights. Finished with my thank you notes to my interviewers, so I may get off the computer and do something… Enjoy!

Hello cheetah girls.

I am super late checking in today. This life of mine has gotten so busy. I tell you having 2 now in grade school has gotten pretty hectic. There is TONS of homework. Anyway, I did my favorite workout today and that is Imax 3 and I added the lying legs and glutes workout at the end. It was a good workout! I can't beleive there are 3 more days until my 10k. I am so excited!!!!

Cheetahs, On the day of my race do I focus on speed or just getting through it. I tend to be a little competitive and I am afraid I might go nuts in the beginning and then run out of steam Any thoughts?

Cathy, you must get a new dvd player. We have about 5 dvd players. My husband is an electronic junkie!

Wendy, good job on getting some working out in. I know it is hard when the kids are not cooperating. I am amazed how all of us moms GET our workouts in. We rock!

Judy, sounds like a great treadmill workout. I like running outside, but I still love hopping on the treadmill.

Adri, you are supposed to be taking it easy. I know how hard that is. You are a bundle of energy. Remember to listen to your body if you start to fell run down. Okay, lecture over.

Jess, I have never run in the rain. I don't know if I would like that. I am a wimp, I know. Do you ever run on a treadmill?

Carole, great workout as always. I bought the power 90x a long time ago and never used it. I use the plyox now and then, but I did not want to buy a chin up bar or the other machine he uses. Can it be modified with out that stuff?

Shelly, wow a 10 mile run with hills. What a great way to start the day. I ran 10 miles last week on Sunday and I am still recuperating. I guess next time it might be alittle easier.

Jess, you made me laugh with the talk about polly pockets. My daugher Mariah who is 4 LOVES the polly pockets and I too have to play. The new craze here is the pet shop toy.

Well, I hopeI got everone. Have a great day ladies and did I mention that there are only 3 MORE days until my 10k, YIPEE!!!!!!

Susan
Katrina, Great workout!

Thomasina, I LOVE Pub. I have hard time with the chest on that one. I love the Bicep section. It is a great workout that just flies by. I have been doing the body max upper body portion, and I tell you it is pretty tough!

I have not yet worked out, but I came to drop by, anyway. Need a little unwind time before I get my (almost) daily dose of Death by Cathe.

Wendy :: Oh, I feel bad that your other friend couldn’t join you for the 5K. We have to work on finding another, maybe in October.

Adri :: sorry about your cold. Must say I’m in agreement with Shelly, Thomasina, & the others here – the general rule of thumb is if you’re too sick to go to school/work, you’re too sick to work out!!! Glad you got the package. Yeah, they are VHS – not DVD. You must’ve missed that before. Well, hope you can enjoy ‘em, anyway.

Jess :: Love the line about the dreadmill. Don’t know why, but I’ve never been fond of it. I can’t seem to run as long/far -- I think I just find it boring and prefer to be out in the fresh air.

Carole :: thanks for the address…I’ll be getting my first paycheck soon and will send something your way.

Judy :: I’m the same – I don’t mind light rain, but when it’s pouring, I tend to bag the run.

Thomasina :: thanks…Someone who sounds like they know the chaos I’m experiencing! Are you a teacher or professor? I *do* love my job, by the way – the beginning weeks are just insane. :) Also cracked up about the mule comment.

Christine :: glad you had a good interview. What type of work are you in? I agree – the laptop is better than nothing. Will be able to shop for a new one this weekend.

Susan :: is this your first race ever? Races can mess up your pacing bc you get caught up with the crowd and tend to want to go faster. Be careful not to go all out right away. You want to make sure you save something for the end. Oh yes, the DVD is at the top of my priority list for the weekend!!

Hi to Katrina, Katie, Laurie, Laura, Colleen, Barb (did she survive PartyMax? Have we heard?), Elaine, Gayle, Pamela, Marcia, Wendy Marie, Dina, Jennifer (in Hawaii), and anyone else I'm leaving out.

Have a great night! Will stop back if I can later.
-cathy :)

Hi Susan- just a quick response to you, I know it's late so hopefully you'll read this. If you have a GPS you may want to wear it on race day to make sure you're not going too fast. If not, take a practice short run at the pace you wish to go at. Fast, but not so fast that you'll burn out. Remember what that pace feels like and try your best to replicate this on race day. I have the same problem. I am way too competitive for an old lady and I've miscalculated on races, finishing only by the skin of my teeth!

Best of luck- you'll do fine!!

ShellyC

Susan ~ Funny that we are having similar routines! My older 2 dd's are in school full time & my youngest is still at home (except preschool 2 mornings a week). Oh yes, we have a HUGE tub of Polly pockets, the roller coaster, limo, cars, water toys, you name it!! Thanks to wonderful relatives who buy them a ton at Christmas/ bdays!! :p Plus a large collection of My Little Ponies, etc. They are fun to play with but I get a bit OCD & used to have to have them ALL organized by outfits & shoes.... um I was banned from playing Polly's!!! ROFL Now they just all go in a big tub & I can close it up & not look at it when they're done! ;-)

And yes, I used to run on the treadmill. In fact, that's how I started running. I got a treadmill after my 1st dd was born & started walking on it daily. I managed to lose 60 lbs, but was never *fit* & still overweight. (I used to be a cardio only girl, never lifted weights or did any strength training) It wasn't until after I had my 3rd dd that I really got serious about losing weight & getting in great shape. I had been walking & doing a little jogging on the treadmill & finally started bumping up my pace little by little & running a bit longer (well, worked my way up to 4-5 miles at that point). Well, eventually I killed the darn treadmill & got different one. I was running on that one until 6 mos later when I fried that one!!! (I got it used but thought it was a good one!) So... off to the outdoors... and have been running outdoors since!! (and that pushed me to do a 5K, then a half marathon last year!) Now I don't think I could go back to it. I ran outdoors all winter long, invested in a good pair of running tights & fleece & managed to run even in below 0 temps (yes, my neighbors think I'm a nut!! ;-) ). So anyway... more info than you wanted I'm sure!! That's it in a nutshell..

You'll do great in your 10K. I agree- don't start out too fast. Try to keep your own pace, don't follow the crowd. Do you have a Garmin (GPS) or know your usual pace for a 10K run?? Try to stick to it & kick it up the last mile or 2 if you're feeling strong still! And sprint those last .2 miles!!! I'm competitive too & try to pick out people to pass towards the end- it's good motivation to finish strong!

Hugs,

Katie ~ Good idea to take it slow! I hope you can get back in the swing of things soon & I'm looking forward to a bit cooler weather too! (although it was a bit chilly in the rain this morning!)

Hugs,

Hey Sekcy Cheetahs!!!
I broke all your rules gusx(x(x( I'm sorry but I did a W/O today. My Mom went and we're like super close and she really knows how a 14 year old like me feels (and maybe of you nailed it too; too much energy even when sick) The only exercise I couldn't do were pull-ups. Ok I might have a lot of energy but not THAT much}:)+ Will be glad to share some with any of you:D

I just skimmed the above a little. Sorry, but I gatta go wash my hair and have some dinner and get to bed a reasonable time. I'll do a quick check in tomorrow morning, and after school will be a longer and not rushed check in. Hi to Jess, Katie, Marcia, Jennifer, Elaine, Wendy, Carol, Cathy, Thomasina, Katrina, Barb, Laurie, Laura, Judy, and anyone I may have missed (sorry if I did)

Cathy- the videos are great!!! I don't care what style they are (DVD or VHS) I just love em!! Its great to have a variety, not always just Cathe cuz before the 3 you sent me I just had Cathe. Thanks soo much:)

have a great night cheetahs! Love you girls!!:*
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Glad you like the videos, Adri. And hope you feel better. Guess if Mom approved, more power to ya for being able to do something while under the weather.

Just poppin' back in real quick to say I just finished ME, and now I'm gonna plop on the couch and watch Dancing w/ the Stars. :)

Still have stuff I could be doing, but no more work tonight - I'm pooped!

Good night, everybody!
~cathy :)

Cathy - my background is mainly sales, but I have 4 years of high level customer service, which I really enjoy. The job I interviewed for is called and Inside Account Manager (I don't want outside sales - too much time on the road and away from the family even though the money is good) and would be kind of a combination of my last two jobs.

Thomasina - I missed you on my hellos - so HELLO!!!!! How's the fires doing?

Adri - BAD GIRL! Go to your room! *grins* Just joking. But, do take it easy. Otherwise you WILL lose your energy, and not be able to workout for a long while.

Hey Cheetahs!!
Its time to go to bed in about 5 mins:-:)-( The saddest time of the day..LEAVING MY CHEETAHS:-:)-:)+ LOL! I love you guys:* (not like I haven't said that enough;-)) I read more of the above posts. Heres some more personals.

Cathy- I wanna do some of the Yoga one tomorrow. It looks so relaxing and some new poses I haven't heard or seen of. Thanks so much:)

Christine- *mopping* Ok, I'm off to my room *mope*...LOL:+ What job were you interving for? Just wondering. Hope everything goes well. NO ONE REJECTS A CHEETAH}(!

Susan- I'm sending you all the((((((((LUCK)))))))) and ((((((((HUGS)))))))) for your 10k!!! I know you'll do great;-) I didn't know IMAX 3 had leg and butt exercises. I don't have it so maybe thats why I didn't know. I have IMAX 2. Glad you had a great W/O! I love doing my fav Cathe W/O too! My favs are IMAX too and SJP!

Jess- Yea I got a pretty good nap in. Then when I woke up, I felt like I slep for years!!! I was soo awake, it was weird!! I guess my metabolism is like sky high:+:+ would you like some of my extra energy!!

Thomasina- I miss you too (even though I don't know you very well but I can tell w'll become great friends!!) I also ask for you to please post when you can. We love yea!! We won't our cheetah!

Hi to Carol, Wendy, Katrina, Katie, Marcia, Jennifer, Barb, Elaine, Laura, Laurie, and anyone I missed. Have a great night. See you all first thing!
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Well, we did about 35 minutes of running at class tonight. We did a 10 min w/u jog, 16 mins of intervals and then a 10 min c/d jog. It was a fun work out. The intervals were 1 minute at a fast pace and 3 mins at an easy pace.

Have a great night!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.