::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Wed., 1/31

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Happy hump day, cheetahs! :)

This afternoon/evening it'll be DM for me.

I'm off to go catch up with any posts I missed from last night and will be back.

Have a fabulous day, ladies!
Cathy :)

Catching up...

Colleen :: good plan to get in some outdoor runs before the next blast of cold air arrives...Our forecast is calling for the same. You know, I was signing checks last night and realized - DOH! - why did I ask for your city when I could've just looked on your check??? *lol* Wasn't thinking straight there! B&G *is* long, but it seems to go pretty quickly for me.

Marcia :: no, I haven't received your check yet. If you just dropped it in the mail on Monday, I imagine it'll be here in a few days. Glad you enjoyed yourself last night.

In case anyone doesn't have a chance to go back through yesterday's thread, the T-SHIRTS are done and are being delivered to me this afternoon/evening!!! So if your check is in, I'll have your shirt in Thursday's mail.

Cathy :)

Good morning,

Cathy - Yep, that's when I mailed it to you, so keep your eye out for it. :) Thanks again for all your hard work with putting this together.

Today - I'm off and running on the weightloss journey again. }( More determined than ever. I'm not sure what tonight will bring for a workout. I have step class tomorrow, so probably some weight work.

Nothing else to report, oh.....silly me. I got an electric starter for my car from DH and DS :7 Too bad it's not already installed, it's only 5 degrees this morning (if that). Otherwise, gift cards and cash which I will be using when I lose some weight. I'm setting it aside and will go on a nice spring/summer shopping spree when I lose some weight within the next few months.

Take care,
Marcia.

Good Morning Ladies!

Cathy: Your check went w/y'day's mail so though I am pretty sure you won't receive it today, you could likely receive it tmrw. I do not, however, expect you to mail the shirt until the check clears. Thank you again. You are a sweetie!:) Enjoy DM-it's a killer!}(

Marcia: Auto. car starters are da bomb! I got one a couple of Christmases ago and L-O-V-E it! ESPECIALLY now that I have DS! It's so nice. ENJOY!:) Can't wait to hear about all of the great clothes you buy once you've lost a bit of weight! How exciting that will be. :D

Sunny: So your gym does mostly 30 min sessions? How do you get paid? I don't want to know what you make as that's none of my beeswax, but, if you don't mind the question, I'd like to know how they do it. Do you get a percentage of what they charge the client? Do they charge less for a new trainer and raise the cost as you are there longer, thereby giving you a raise as well? Sorry for all of the questions but I can't help it! Curiosity killed the cat as they say!LOL :p

I have Kenpo on tap today and I am actually going to do it! LOL I am drawing closer and closer to "reality check" day. On saturday or Sunday I have to take my 30 day pics and measuremenents! YIKES!:eek: I feel good about it though so I hope I am not let down.

Awww thanks, Marcia. I think I am going to hold the pics/results "hostage" until the end just to make everyone crazy! LOL :p Seriously though, I really think I'm gonna wait to reveal until the very end so stick around!:)

I'll be here! ;-) I'm going to borrow the P90X workouts from a friend so that I can see if I like them or not. So, I'm very curious as to your results.

Thanks, Marcia.

Cool Marcia! I hope you like the X! It's an EXCELLENT program for muscle gains/definition/strength gains! All of the weight work involved will help in fat loss as well. Weight loss not a big accomplishment with this program but FAT LOSS is and that is what's most important, right? :) You can work the rotation around your step classes and totally bag Tony's cardio if you need to. I don't do much of it at all. I run and take a class at the gym in lieu of it most times. Can't wait to hear what you think!:)

Wendy- It was probably just as well you bagged the food shopping. sometimes enough running around is enough. I will often do the same if I have planned too many errands in one trip... Your results will be great on measure day....

Barb- I'm thinking that you may be right height wise with the Precor, but if time permits this afternoon I will measure just for curiosity sake.

Linda- congratulations on the new puppy :)

Susan- Today is a new day and hopefully your mouth will have a much better day. I am sorry about the crown ingestion!

Carole- Your back is better! Happy Dance!

Marcia- OK back to healthy choices now... I should remember that when I want chocolate at night...

Karen- did you say you home schooled ? You must be very organized!

Today is an outdoor run since it snowed very little. Hopefully I can get in some some legs and stretching this afternoon to stay loose. I have a bible study every Wednesday morning and get very tight hamstrings sitting for an hour right after running...

Yesterday I managed a 20" pilates DVD after GS and the 'eli' and it felt good on my legs.

Cathy- I sent the check. Thank you again:)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hey Cheetahs!

Today will be P90X Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X and a Spin at the gym.

Cathy – great news on the t-shirts! Can’t wait to get them!!

Marcia – good luck on your journey! Glad you had such a great birthday!! You deserved it!

Wendy – Enjoy Kenpo X! I’m sure you’re photos will be fab! I hope you show them. I can wait ‘til the end. How are you feeling with P90X?

Judy – good luck with staying loose today after your run!!

Waves hello to all who follow!!

Good morning cheetahs!

This will need to be a quick post. Work is busy. Today I plan to do PUB/LB up only premix & PS abs. The thing I love about the pyramids is the fact that I know exactly how many reps are left so I can give it your all.

Cathy - I bought another pair of Nike Triaxx. They do a pretty good job. It is the only kind of running shoe I have tried thus far so I'm sure there are other great shoes out there. I just have not experimented much with them. Oh, did you get my check okay?

Marcia - Automatic car starters are great. I really need to get one for myself since I get the kids up and out the door before DH even gets out of bed. This morning it is 9 degrees and tonight into tomorrow we are expected to get 1-4 inches of snow. Yeah!! (I'm really not being sarcastic.) Can you say snowman? I'm so ready to be able to make one with DS.

Well, gotta get working! I'll try to check back later with personals

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I don't mind PLB with barbells as I have 3! And as I told Wendy dumbells would be too heavy and tougher to use. Thanks for asking about John. He has started rehab and also is taking a few classes at our local College. My sister and her fiance bought him a car that he can drive. But, my sister does not wanting him driving as long as he is on pain meds. You & Karen have me cracking up about Jari's carb comments....absolutely ridiculous and pointless. Great job on those KM leg drills after running! I was slow and didn't get my check out to you until last Mon. How exciting the shirts are ready!!! Have fun with DM today.

Marcia...seems a few of us cheetahs on are the weight loss journey. 5 degrees!...WOW now that is cold!

Wendy...so how do you like Superman/banana?...iClimb was fun and yes I have thought about dumbells with PLB, but...I am lifting 55, 60 and 65 so the barbell is alot more balanced than 2 30 lb dumbells...:)...enjoy KenpoX. So this weekend pics and measuring! I doubt you will be letdown.

Judy...yes my back feels even better today. I guess we should shorten Elliptical a bit now that more of the cheetahs are getting them. Eli sounds good to me...or Elip....:)..I need to do some Pilates also instead of yoga as the upward dogs irritate my back for now,.

Christine...glad to hear your groin is better. So what exactly is a Sprint-triathlon? Thanks for the info on Krystal nails. I knew it came in pink and white, but for now as I try it I will just keep it clear...I do remember seeing the procedure a long time ago at a Nail show. Well, we are doing the same weight workout today! Have fun with yours...:)

Kristi...have fun with the Pyramid workout. I wouldn't mind some snow...but actually we have been so dry that we really need some rain!

Gayle..Welcome back! Hey, nothing wrong with jumping around to different check-ins...:)..(except for Wendy tattling :)).sounds like you have your running schedule down...Good job picking the races...:)

Linda..Welcome back too! So what is wrong with your leg? Did you have a good time in Aruba? That is cool you got a puppy. They do keep you occupied so much. ..I think it can just be a timing thing after you loose a dog. Maddie was just meant to be...:)

Sunny...thanks...hope you had fun with S&H! it is amazing when you find the right job, how much better you feel...:)

Susan...yeow! You swallowed a crown?....hope you get the new one ASAP. Glad your sciatic is better...I bet you will be happy getting the Elliptical, hopefully no problems with this one...:)

Karen...I bet you will have a great time crosstraining with your Elliptical. Mine is not at all top of the line but gives me one hard workout!

Colleen...B&G is long. I sometimes split up the standing and floorwork.

I am copying Christine and doing P90X S&A, then I will do ME abs and a 4-5 mile run depending on time.

Have a great day...:)

Hey Carole the copy cat... :p A sprint tri is a short course. This one is a half mile swim, 13 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run, which I could do each without much training, but I think the training would come from doing all at once and the changes in between. Heard the transition from swimming to cycling is the hardest. It's really tempting, but the timing just won't work as the tri is in LA and that would be a full weekend away. But, the sprint tri's are all right around those numbers - some a bit more, some a bit less. Then come the Olympic Tri's - which are pretty much a 1 mile swim, 20-40 mile bike ride and a 10k run. Then you have the half Iron man and the full iron man. Kind of interesting... But I've been bitten by the cycling bug again. I want to get out on a long ride soon, but I first have to get my bike fixed!!! Then I have to get my other bike fixed... lol.

Christine...thanks for the description. I made this promise a few years back to my Pastor that I would do a tri before my 50th B-Day....I still have 2 years...:)...but the shorter ones are for sure what I would do...I will be fine if I don't drown in the water...x( :+

The tri that I'm doing is a sprint also - 600yd swim (about 1/3 mile), 13 mile bike, 3.1 mile run. The transition is what I'm going to work on too. I would love to get a better bike (I just ride Greg's Trek) but we'll see.... like I need something else to spend money on, right?? Now if the tri bug bites me, then maybe... ;-) I love biking, I can't wait for the weather to warm up enough to get out. I hate the stationary bikes, that's even worse than the dreadmill!! ;-) Sorry you won't be able to do it!!!

Get yourself in the pool, Carole!! :) I think you'd love it. I'm loving the change from swimming & you can do SO much to change it up. Change your stroke, use a kickboard, aqua joggers, etc. I'm having a blast at the Y!! And I'm finding it's a great change from just weight work for upper body, I'm using different muscles but also stretching them. I can swim the day after a tough upper body workout & it actually makes my DOMS feel better.

Look around & see if you can find a tri to enter!! (enabler, aren't I??? ;-) )

Good morning Cheetahs,
I did B&G leg blast this morning & hope to do some UB later.

Wendy--good luck with measuring day. I am sure you will be happy with your hard work & progress.

Christine--thanks for the tri-info. Helpful to know those numbers. They sound fun, but for me it's the biking I don't like. I like the running and swimming.

Carole --we are investigating the ellipticals. Do you know how many inches off the group (approx.) your pedals are? I think you would have no problem with the swimming once you did it 3 times. If I can do it, you definitely can. Think of it as KB horizontally with no impact!

Judy-- I feel the pain of sitting after a long run! But it's so nice you can do a weekly Bible study. That must be a nice routine.

I hope to be back for more personals later. It's writers' visit day in my son's 5th grade class. The kids show parents their writing and we drink tea! More personals later!
--Barb
:)

Hey Cheetahs!! I was around y'day but not too much. Hannah stayed home in the morning from school, she had a sore throat. No fever though & she was feeling better by lunch so she went back. She's fighting off the sinuses (like me!), so I think it was just sinus drainage bothering her throat. Of course I immediately think strep w/ all of the sickness so I'm glad she's feeling ok!! But, that throw off my plans to go to the Y y'day so I'm going today. I did ME instead, my first time all the way through (I'd just done u/b before). I loved it, great total body workout for sure!! I'm going to work on some endurance workouts & see what kind of results I can get from the change. I'm taking a little break from the GS for a bit (although like Cathy, I love them so maybe Wendy should take mine for a bit too?? }( ).

It's been sooooo cold here, almost below 0 temps. Greg's brother Brian was here last night, the muffler fell off his car so Greg (the great big bro) had to help him fix it. Poor guys were frozen after working in the garage for a while.

Well, Allison wants to play some games & then we'll head to the Y after the day care opens at 9. I think I'll do the ellip & then swim. My knee feels ok but it hurt after Fri so I think I'll skip the treadmill for now.

Have a great day!!

Cathy ~ Did you ever receive my check?? I mailed it last week, so just checking! I'm so excited to see the t-shirts!! Thanks again!

Thanks Jess...and yes you are an enabler!! We have a short tri here Labor Day weekend, but it is always the same day as a trail run I love...ah...decisions.

Barb..good job with the B&G leg blast!...I don't know offhand how high the peddles are on my Elip, but I will measure and get back to you...:)

Good morning! It is sooo cold! I didn't do anything this morning. It was my planned rest day.

To all that asked...Aruba was great! It is amazing that one side of the island is so tropical and the other side is desert along a rocky shore! It was hot, hot, hot! But we had a great time, even though it was business! But not very much business ;>)

Cathy - I got your pm. Thanks! That sounds good to me! :) I will try to post a pic of Maddie soon. I don't know how to post pictures since I don't have picture trail. I will see what I can figure out, I would love for you guys to see her. Good job on the run and KM leg drills! I love those!

Barb - My hat is off to you for even going out in the icy, snow and cold! Maddie thanks you for the welcome ;>)

Christine - LOL..I know what you mean about your dog being the best dog in the world! Arent' they precious? I am so sorry you have been having a rough time. That is very, very hard. January 15th was the 1 yr anniversary of my father's death and it knocked me for a loop. It is so strange how things seem to get a little easier for a little while and then it all hits you hard again. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I know of none. You are in my thoughts and prayers, though.

Carole - Your planned workout sounds great! What happened with your back? (I have missed a LOT)! I think I injured my leg around 3 weeks ago while running down a steep hill. It seems as if running down is so much harder for me to do that running up. It felt like it started up at my hip joint and went around to the front of my leg ...around to the inside of my knee. When I would stand it felt as if my leg was jamming up into my hip joint. Does that make sense? It seems better now, though. I have run on it several times lately, still trying to take it a little easier, and it feels okay. The racewalking seems to agree with it really well!

Kristi - I agree with you on the Pyramids! They seem to pack a lot into not too terribly long of a time, too! And very effective!!

Judy - Enjoy your run today! We are supposed to get snow tomorrow. Yesterday we had very little, but it is all gone today! Is it very cold in NY right now?

Wendy - Sounds like you are really doing well with P90X! I did like you with the cardio. I used my own (running, Cathe, etc). I can't wait to see your pictures! I should have stuck to my rotation that I started a few weeks ago! But....anywho have fun with Kenpo!!!

Marcia - 5 degrees! THat is cold, too! Hope you enjoy P90X. I am anxious to see what you think of them! Ahh! A spring shopping spree! That sounds good!

Karen - Hi there! Nice to "meet" you, too!

Hi to anyone I may have missed! I will check back a little later!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back