::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Tuesday, 3/6

My run was glourious yesterday. I just added a 70's mix to my mp3 player. I was ages 8-17 in the 70's so it brought back a lot of good memories, especially the later 70's songs, they reminded me of when I ran HS cross country.

Tonight High Step Circuit.

Got to go, I have a Kindergarten class coming to my door :)

Legs and Glutes in done! LOVED IT! It's more of a *fun* kind burn then then sheer and utter torture of B&G Leg Blast Premix!;) }( ;) :7 LOL

No time for chatting now...gotta jump in the shower and then it's off to MIL's for dinner!:9

Hope to BBL!:)

HI Thomasina!!!!

Sorry ladies, this is another short post. I'm swamped at work once again. Shame on them for making me earn my paycheck. :p :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNYD!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your day.

Today was a mish mosh from the Gymstyles and Ab Hits. Here is what I did:

Ab Hits - abs, planks, and supermans
GS CT - 30 pushups (on knees) & chest presses, lying extensions & overhead extensions
GS Legs - Squats, Lunges, Rear Lunges, Plie Squats
GS BSB - 16 assisted pullups, db rows, side raises, front raises, bentover raises, 3 sets bicep curls.

Hi to all Cheetahs! I hope to be able to write personals tomorrow.

Hi Cheetahs! I think I'm going to have to take Barb's lead & take a break for a bit. I just don't seem to have the time to keep up & feel bad when I can't keep up w/ everyone. I'll still check in & might post a little on the open forum, but don't want to feel like I have to post. (I know I don't *have* to but feel guilty when I can't). My kids keep me busy & I know that they'll always be my first priority. It'll only get busier as summer approaches.

Anyway, things are going very well w/ my IT band. Did 4 miles on the TM this morning w/out any pain & even stretching afterward felt great- no twinge of anything. I'm planning to start adding a bit longer runs on the weekend & train for the half in May & I'm definitely looking forward to my sprint tri in June! I'm planning on adding in an early morning outdoor run w/ my buddies at least once a week.

To anyone dealing w/ injuries, listen to your body. Don't push it. Taking a little break may seem like a bad thing, but it isn't the end of the world. Cathe is wonderful for rehab. ;) And you might find out that there are other things that you can do besides running for staying fit & trim.

Take care, Cheetahs.

Happy B-day sunny!!!!!

Jess, EXCELLENT advice about taking a break when injured. I just got back from a pt appointmemt and she said things look really really good. It has been almost 5 months with this injury. It was truly my own fault for doing things that I was not supposed to. So, cheetahs, if you need to rest, REST!!!! I understand about the check-in. I barely have time during the day and I too feel stressed when I can't always do personals. Just make sure you pop in now and then:)

I just got back from Target and ka-ching ka-ching ka-ching!!!! I went nuts with kids summer and spring clothes and of course, I had to pick up a cute shirt for me as well. Well, 135.00 later, oops!!!

I am off to do PUB now and then get the girls. Have a great night ladies.

Wendy, you have inspired me now to do Legs and Glutes on Thursday}(

Susan

Marcia :: thanks! Were the streets plowed enough for your run today?…Step is not really my area of expertise, so I’m not sure I have much to offer in terms of suggestions…but I bet they would love a circuit for a change. What about borrowing a few moves from LIC? Or perhaps B&G. Do you have bands? Introduce them to firewalkers!…YESSSSS on the jeans!! WOO-HOO! Isn’t that the BEST feeling?? Rock on!!!

Judy :: I peeked at the article but did not have time to read it all the way through. I meant to get back to it, and then it slipped my mind. I’d like to read it…I noticed my back acting up in the past week…nothing too out of the ordinary…I had a fender bender about 10 years ago and sometimes get a crick in a certain part of my spine. I think maybe I overdid it with ARX??? Not sure, but I know it bothered me to do the Mason Twists the other day. Arching my back and twisting to the side seems to be where I feel the twinge, but I was surprised that it was hurting during my run. That doesn’t usually happen…Awesome on Sam’s Shakespeare assignment (though I imagine all the practicing could be driving you nuts!)…Hope he has time to recover and get well. I have my students memorize and recite one classic poem a month…At first, they hate it, but now they are getting so good at it, and it seems to give them a huge boost of confidence. It gives me chills when they recite!…Good luck to DD on tomorrow’s surgery…Thanks for the kitty update! Are your cats leery of him?…Laurie is taking a break from the thread.

Shelly :: great for you getting in a full 7 hours & enjoying a total rest day! Sounds like your body needed it (finally!) Thank you re: my back – I do think it’s just a small spasm-y thing.

Gayle :: let us know your review of the Power Yoga DVD…great workout!…Re: the shirts, hopefully someone else can jump in and take over.

Carole :: thanks for the link…I will check it out after I post.

Jackie :: My back is a little better but still not 100%. Thanks for asking. I will be careful and keep an eye on it so I don’t make it worse.

Christine :: Feel better! I think it *has* been a bad winter for colds and bugs. Several people I know have been hit multiple times this year.

Susan :: that B&G Leg Blast is the ultimate leg workout, IMO…Reading your post gave me a hankering to do that one…but I do like doing legs with back in P90. I can’t believe your insurance has cut you off! That stinks!

Linda :: I really like the stretches, too…they do seem to stretch very deeply. I hope the foam roller kit helps your leg. It sounds like it will.

Hi Sunny (b-day girl!), Wendy, Kristi, Thomasina, Natalie, & Jess.

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

Just finished Back&BicepsX, great one }( I'm enjoying my protein shake and thought I'd better ask you intelligent ladies a question.....

Do you drink your protein recovery type drinks only after your hard workouts? After every one? Do you ever substitute it for a meal even if you haven't worked out?

I'm wondering because I really like this smoothie and I could drink this in the morning on the way to work no problem.

Thanks,
Marcia.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.