::: CHEETAHS ::: Tuesday, 10/10

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs! Since no other fool on the East Coast would be up at this ungodly hour, guess I'll get us started again. :)

Thanks for the tip on TJ Maxx, Wendy. I never looked there for running gear before & haven't been there in years, for no particular reason, but I think I'll check it out this weekend.

Well, this afternoon will be GS BSB and a rest from cardio.

Hope you all have great workouts--I will check in later if I can.

Bracing myself for this cold front...
-Cathy :)

Cathy,

i am the other fool up with you this early;)

i'll have to check out tjmaxx again. haven't been there in ages.

today's workout is a TM run/intervals using CC #4.

have a great day ladies.

Good Morning Cathy and Sunny.

You ladies don't know what you are missing not going to TJ's!!! I go often. I find pretty nice stuff for great prices! Not just running/work out gear. I've become quite the bargain shopper! I don't pay full price for much anymore. }(

Sunny: Don't be so sure you won't surpass me in mileage! You are upping your mileage quicker than I did!!!!

So I mentioned to my DH yesterday that I was thinking of training for a half for some time next year. I kinda thought he'd laugh at me or tell me I'm nuts. He actually thought it was a great idea! YEAY! :+

As of this moment, I have an IMAX of choice on the schedule for today (after work)...I am dreading it...:eek: LOL

Hello to everyone!

I'll be back later for personals chicas!:*

hello,

I took yesterday as a rest day since we didnt get home until after 8pm from my boys soccer game and then of course there's always homework. I did run saturday and sunday. sunday was so pretty here in ohio. I am hoping to squeeze in a run before mydaughters soccer game tonight.

I might do a 5k this sunday. I havent done one of those since june so I dont know how I will do. I still have days where I have to walk/run for some reason and other days I can run 10miles straight no problem.????weird!

hope everyone has a nice day!!!

Good morning!

Cathy - Enjoy BS&B! I love TJ Max too! I get some really good running/workout clothes in there! Great prices!

Sunny - Have fun with CC#4! I haven't been to TJ Max's in a while, either! I should make a trip, soon!

Wendy - that is what I want to do! (train for a 1/2). Well...that is what I am in the process of doing. I just don't know how long it will take me to be able to actually "do" it :+ But - that is my goal! There is one here in November and I was going to try to do that one, but I do not think I will be ready :-(

Laura - Yesterday was my rest day, too. It actually felt pretty good! Usually, I am antsy on my rest day. But I guess I was ready for yesterday!

This morning I ran 6 miles on the treadmill and did some floorwork. (From Firm Vol 1). I was going to do PLB, but I wanted a day without my legs being exhausted ;-) I plan to tackle that one tomorrow and do a shorter run. We will see!

Hi everybody that follows!!!

Linda

Hi Cheetahs-
Quick check in herel
Elaine- I read your marathon review and responded on the open forum post.

Wendy- did you say half?

OK- today was MM upper body and Pilates. This is the second week of running/legs on M,W,F alternated with upper body/abs/cardio on Tu, TH. Saturday is choice day. I want to give this format a try to see what is does for me.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...the workout was tough yesterday, but I survived! I agree with Wendy on TJ Maxx, I have found lots of great deals there! Have fun with GS BSB.

SunnyD...enjoy your CC workout!

Wendy...the Elliptical workout was tough. It goes up thru the resistances from 3 to 10 (my max) about 4 min on each resistance but the second 2 min it increases the speed, and it was tough keeping up...but I made it...:)...So DH thinks a half next year is okay???...:)

Laura...hope you get to squeeze in a run. A 5K is good for speedwork..

Linda...good job with 6 miles on the TM! PLB is a good legworkout...

Christine...so DH was a bit sore?....:)...I'm glad after washing your chest strap it is still working!!! You figure it lasts under all our sweat so washing is just a bit more...I was sad John wasn't at the Wedding too, but I can understand why. Thanks, Tico had us laughing a few times thru the pictures! I'll see what my HR does when I run today. I don't feel like I'm coming down with anything...As for your question yesterday, cutting your long runs to 8 miles sounds good. Then maybe do 1 speedwork session a week. How many days are you running every week?

Judy...I think CC's and iTrains are made for any cardio machine. I prefer iClimbs from iTrain the best for my Elliptical. They seem tougher than CC's and itreads IMO. Glad you had a safe run by yourself yesterday. Sounds like a good rotation you are trying out. I do parts of MM often it seems.

Shelly...no I didn't use an iTrain yesterday. I just used one of the 2 tough 45 min programs on the Elliptical itself. iClimbs to me are the toughest of the iTrain workouts. Happy to hear your groin is slowly healing up...:)

Susan...that's cool you joined a Gym. Yes, try out the Elliptical.

Katrina...the reunion sounded fun! I have one coming uo next year...:)

Elaine...it was so great reading your marathon story. You and Sarah have a great ability for details! Thanks for sharing it with us. You did so outstanding and kept right on time. Congrats on the BQ!!! You are truly an inspiration!!!

I am planning on S&H Legs and a 6 mile run in some new shoes. I am trying some Saucony stability shoes that are wide. My bunions are giving me some pain, so I am going to give them more room!

Have a great day...:)

Good morning, cheetahs! :)

Wendy: I'm with you, TJ Maxx rocks!! So does Marshalls, as I discovered a few weeks ago. I hadn't been there in a long time, but I went in on a whim and ended up with two purses and a long-sleeve shirt for running LOL.

My first day without significant soreness, so I'm going to get back into the routine again. I'm still not up for SH (Christine, you are my hero for doing an SH workout the day after!!), so I'm going to pull out an old Core Secrets DVD and do that. Tonight is track, but I'm assured it will be an "easy" one, as half of the team is doing Long Beach this weekend an the other half is doing Nike. Everyone's in taper, so we're doing a taper workout (or so they tell us *mwahahahaha*). I'm also doing a new yoga/meditation class tonight (before track). It's a 7-week class, once a week. Should be interesting. I badly need to learn to meditate, since my brain's always going a million miles an hour and I need to focus more and learn to be still. We'll see if I finally succeed in learning to meditate LOL.

Hi to all who follow!

Jennifer

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Girls are going back to school, so I’m heading to the gym for an hour of Elliptical and a BOSU class (it’s the last one I can take before I start working – I’ll use light weights). I am ready to go – just a slight case of soreness (DH is STILL hobbling *grins really evilly*), so I’m going to work that out. I guess all of that training is good for something.

Cathy – Enjoy GS BSB – I get to do that in 4 weeks. I do miss the GS series. Stay warm!!

Sunny- enjoy your TM intervals!

Wendy – Oh, I think it’s great that your DH is behind you for a Half!!! Nothing like the support of our spouses for these things. You’ll do fine, too – you’re coming along so well.

Laura – No, not weird – I’m the exact same way. Some days I can just run, run, run and others I can barely make it around the block. It all depends on how I’ve been eating and what I’ve done the day before.

Linda – a day without your legs being exhausted? We can have those? LOL. Enjoy your day!

Judy- Let us know how the M/W/F running/legs goes! I’m really interested to hear.

Carole – Thanks for the advice! I’m currently running 3 days and using the elliptical 2 days (well, that’s what’s planned). So, I will cut back for right now, but keep the long run there at 8 miles. Should I wait to add speedwork until next week or go for it if I feel up for it? Just curious. Glad to hear you are not coming down with something!! Hope the shoes work well for you.

Good morning! It's back to the real world for me today. Yesterday I didn't get much done because I was so tired from the marathon, the long drive home, not getting to bed the night before until after midnight and then getting up early to get kids off to school. My workout today will be easy elliptical and extended stretching. Quads are feeling much better today so I think I'll be up for running again on Thursday. If not then I'll use my elliptical and try again on Saturday and then on Sunday.

Christine, I read about your half in San Jose and I was happy that you had such a great experience and an awesome finish time! I'll definitely be putting that run on my list to do next year. About how many bands would you say there were along the way?

Jennifer, I also read about your San Jose experience! Congratulations! When is the Nike 1/2 in San Francisco that you'll be running?

Wendy, I saw your picture of the 5 mile run! I believe I am right in thinking that you had a great experience since you are now planning on training for a half. That's really a good thing! Ypu're awesome!

Jess, If you are checking in at all, I am sorry for your loss and I'm thinking of your family at this time.

Cathy and Sunny, So how early was it that you were up and posting this morning?

Carole, I just had to get those marathon details down on virtual paper and out of my head so much because they were blocking out everything else! I have been keeping up to date on your nephew. Is he living with your sister? Still in physical therapy or is he on his own with that? How is he coping with all of the changes? Is his attitude more positive or negative? I feel so bad for him and cannot imagine having your world shattered in a blink of an eye like that.

Laura, I believe we all have days where we feel great when we run and days when we don't. I also believe that pushing through on the days that you don't feel great are when you make so many important gains. Sounds like you are doing great. Have fun if you decide to run the 5K this weekend.

Linda, I have not done a Firm workout in years but I do remember vol 1 as having a very tough floor session. Maybe I'll break it out while waiting for the new Cathe's.

Judy, I like switching things around to see if I can find an even better formula for me. Funny how we can all be so different in what clicks.

It seems like I have not seen Laurie around since her half. Anyone heard from her lately? How about Mattea?

I'll talk to you all later!

Good Afternoon ladies,

Wendy-what a supportive dh. Go for it!! have fun with your IMAX workout of choice.

Linda- you can do it, you are a cathe cheetah!!

carole-you are enabling me..my hands are on the credit card, LOL

Christine-enjoy your bosu class. when do you start your new job?

elaine- i get up at 4:30am UGH:-( . enjoy your elliptical workout today.

hello to all the rest of the fellow cheetahs!!

Christine...I'd wait til next week for speedwork. Just to let your legs rest from the half. Enjoy your Elliptical workout and the Bosu!

Jennifer...enjoy your yoga/meditation class, sounds fun!

Elaine...glad your quads are better today. An easy Elliptical workout should feel nice...:)..thanks for asking about John. He came home last Thursday and is living with my sister, as he was before the accident. I think for him there will be hard days and easier days. We were hoping he would attend my other nephew Adam's Wedding last Sat, but he did not. He didn't want to be in the pictures and I can understand that. He will be going to therapy again locally as soon as they find a place for him. He is having some drug issues and like you said....having your life change like this in an instant is awful. When I think about my bad days or bad runs, I could hit myself as I am not sure there is much worse than being paralyzed at 20 yrs old...I am truly thankful for my legs and my whole body functioning for that matter...:)

SunnyD....so, what am I enabling you for?...:)

So, if you cheetahs want to tax the legs....S&H followed by a 6 mile run in the WIND!!!! could do it....:)

Good morning ladies,

I am off to a late start today. I had to go Targeting and Walmarting and get some halloween stuff for the kids. I am going to do Baron yoga and later on GS Chest and tricep timesaver. I am giving my legs a break today, they need it.

Cathy, what on earth are you doing up so early? Hopefully having a great snack. I used to get up everynight around that hour and have a big bowl of grape nuts. I am glad I got out of that habit. Have a great workout this afternoon.

Sunnydelite, you are up early too, WOW!!! What are you guys doing at this hour? Hope you have a great treadmill run.

Wendy, I love TJ max I love all the stuff they have for the house. I have bought tables and lamps and lots of accessorie stuff there. I say do IMAX 3}(

Elaine, glad to see you are rested and ready to run again on Thursday. When is the Boston Marathon and when do you start training?

Laura, I used to be the same way, I would have days where the runs were so easy and I could go forever and others where I had to take a break and walk. Having a partner really helps when you run outdoors. I can go so much longer when I have company. It is funny though, at the gym if anyone talks to me I get annoyed. Makes no sense:)

Linda, great job on your 6 miles. I love the firm floor work. It is pretty tough especially volume 1.

Judy, I like the plan you have going on now with the 3 days of running and off days doing upper body. I should give that a try. My body definitley something different.

Carole, good luck with breaking in your shoes. I have worn the same kind forever. I hate breaking a new brand in. Have a great workout. I have Slow and Heavy legs on tap for tomorrow. It will be my first time. Any advice?

Christine, You are back into the workouts fast. Your body really must have been ready for the race. Friday, I am going to the gym to check out the elliptical. I am looking forward to it.

Jennifer, I took a meditation course in Chicago when I lived there at a place called the Himalayan Institute. It was very interesting and I got a lot out of it.

Hello to all the other cheetahs! I am off to do yoga now.

Namaste

Susan

Elaine - GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK!!! And ready for a workout! I just really loved your story! Next year - keep the 7th of October reserved - and we'll run the SJ RNR Half together! :) Anyone else is welcome, too!!

Sunny - I start my new job on Monday - so I'm really enjoying this, my last week off!

Susan- have fun on the elliptical! I really enjoy it!

Carole - good idea. There's a nice steady state iTread right now that's 40 minutes. I was thinking of trying that tomorrow, depending on how my legs feel.

I did 50 minutes on the elliptical - kind of pushed, kind of took it easy. Then I did the BOSU class which was really, really fun, again. My balance is so much better this week. BUT, he took us through some explosive movements and I had a hard time with those. I'm not sore any more, but my legs are tired. So, I did what I was comfortable with, and stopped when I thought I had reached my endurance. I don't have a set schedule this week, so I'm going to play it by ear. If I'm up for an easy run tomorrow, I'll do it. If not, no worries...

Jennifer - you're a madwoman Cheetah! I think it's great that you signed up for so many halfs! Where is it - who knows, maybe I'll come to cheer you on!

Just made a wonderful Minestrone Soup with Grilled Veggies. It was a pain in the caboose to make - chop, grill, chop some more, THEN add to the soup pot - but it's so worth the effort! Holy cow!! I used chicken broth only because I forgot to by veggie broth, but it's easily made vegan. PM me for the recipe if you're interested...

*Points to paragraph above* Oh yeah, I'm enjoying my last week at home!!! I'm ready to go back to work, but part of me is going to miss the time to cook like this every day! (I think the family will too).

Just completed GS BSB and now it’s time to catch up with my cheetahs. The cold front isn’t quite here yet, BTW…just heard it was comin’ by the end of the week.

Sunny :: do you work early or do you just like to be up?

Wendy :: Yeah, you know, I used to score things at TJ’s, Marshall’s, and Ross all the time. I’m not really sure why I stopped frequenting those places but I’ll definitely check them out. I spruced up my work wardrobe recently…now I need to focus on fall workout gear.

Laura :: hope you were able to squeeze in a run before the game. I know exactly what you mean about struggling some days and having endless energy on others. It is odd.

Linda :: Before Cathe, I started out doing the Firm, too. But for some reason, I haven’t gone back…I suppose I just got hooked on Cathe’s style. Do you find the ol’ Firm workouts to still be a challenge? Just wondering.

Judy :: sounds like you’re having success with doing running/legs on the same day. I seem to struggle w/ my runs the DAY AFTER I do legs…lol. I still don’t know if I’m up to the challenge of working them both on the same day. And I know you often run on hilly terrain like I do, so I’m curious to know how the new plan is working out for you.

Carole :: hope you had a good run in the new kicks! I have a bunion on my left foot, too…usually no problems when I wear sneakers, but dress/work shoes are another story. However, I think since I dropped some pounds, I am not as achy at the end of the day as I used to be and am able to wear higher heels again without as much agony.

Christine :: chuckling a little at your DH’s suffering…that’s what he gets for being a showoff, right?? :) You’re so right that eating makes a big difference on how well (or not well) we run. Enjoy this last week of no work! :)

Jennifer :: glad the soreness is subsiding. Hope you had a nice & easy track workout. I find myself struggling to squeeze in my weekly 1.5 hour yoga class, but then when I go, I’m so glad I did. I really do appreciate the “slowdown” it provides.

Elaine :: I was up around 4-ish. Which means I will probably crash soon. lol Laurie has been in & out lately. I don’t think Mattea has posted in quite a while – maybe a month or so?

Susan :: I usually get up at 4 or 5…sometimes on purpose, sometimes I can’t sleep. I have to be out of the door and on my way to work by 6:15-6:30. I like when I don’t have to rush in the morning to get ready. Occasionally, I try to fit in a workout then. Namaste!

Hi to anyone else dropping in tonight.

Evening Ladies.

No time for personals right now...what else is new, right? LOL

DH and I have a "date" to play chess momentarily.:)

Anywho...This afternoon's IMAX turned into napmax instead!:p :7 :7 :7

So tonight after dinner I did IMAX 3 6-10 premix. I had originally wanted to do a full w/o but time was not allowing it this evening. Ah well...there's always another day, right?

So I was feeling really strong thru the work out (running has helped my endurance TREMENDOUSLY!!!) and I was feeling super proud until interval #10 came along. Let's just say I was humbled REALLY fast! LOL My inner thighs are sore from the class last night and they were SCREAMIN' at me during #10! OUCHEES!}( }( }(

Okay, gotta run! Might be back a bit later!

Good Evening Ladies!:)

Going to try to get in some personals before hitting the hay. :)

Linda: It would be sooo cool if we could do our first HM around the same time but if you are already training for one I am sure you will be ready waaay before me. I don't even plan on truly starting until spring. I will continue to run through the winter but I know I'll probably spend most of it INSIDE and I'd like to train for a half OUTSIDE as much as possible!

Judy: I hope your new rotation works for you!

Carole: The elliptical work out you did sounds like a good evil one!}( So yeah, DH is behind me for the half...we'll see if he still feels that way when I am running out the door on him to go running multiple days a week!:p :7 :7 :7

Christine: So when do you start the new job??

Jennifer: Glad your soreness is going away slowly but surely. Want to go shopping w/me one day? ;) }( :7

Elaine: Hope you are adjusting well to "life as usual" after the marathon! So you are running Boston in the spring of 2007? What month is that marathon?

Sunny: So what exactly has Carole "enabled" you to buy??? }(

Susan: A girl after my own heart-Targeting and Walmarting!}( LOL Notice that I took your advice to do IMAX3? }(

Cathy: Wish you lived closer! I'd go shopping with you!}(

Tomorrow's plan is a full body weight work out...Cathe or Jari and then my running class in the evening.

Gotta get going...gotta get up early for work tomorrow morning!

Nighty-night!:*

Christine: Nike 1/2 is in SF. Three words: lots o' hills. Oh boy!

Seeking_guns: the meditation class was interesting... it was definitely more meditation than yoga, but I liked it. I'm a very wired person and I find it hard to just relax and "be," so this was just what I needed. I think it'll take a few more weeks until this becomes "natural" for me (or at least more so), but that's definitely the goal.

Wendy: shopping? I'm so there :).

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.