:::CHEETAHS:::Too early to be creative Thursday

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning Ch-Ch-Ch-Cheetahs!

I forgot that I have to be in earlier today so I'm gonna see if I can get through personals before blitzing out the door. I'm hoping to do the same thing that I did yesterday and squeeze a workout in sometime during the day as I know there won't be too much I can do around the barn in the afternoon with the heat theat is forecasted...blech x(!

Cathy - Did the nap yesterday do the trick? I'll have a chance to wander over to the Livestrong site this afternoon, I promise :). In a way it's nice to see the pinhole of light but I know that its, realistically, not going to happen in the near future. Hopefully, in the next year or so. For right now I'm going to have to figure out how to do this job AND go to school full time. He's just going to have to work around MY schedule for a change.

Wendy - How was the zoo yestereday? I actually love zoos but, when its this hot...yucky! I also think that the heat turns up the smell, too lol!

Judy - WTG on the great golf round!!! I can only dream right now ;). Sorry that DD has had those long hours sitting :(.

Dallas - So workout did you end up doing yesterday?

Carole - Fantastic workout yesterday! How's the smoke coming?

Christine - Great workout yesterday. Glad to hear you don't have any presentations today. Good job getting through the first day...hope the rest go by quickly for ya!

Gloria - Oh, I'm so jealous of your run and hike yesterday :). It sounds like you had a wonderful day! Awwww, I hope you had a lot of bonding time yesterday...congratulations!

Jackie - Wow, great job with S&H yesterday! You've got some strong legs there, girl :eek:...wow! I can see why a 5 day delivery week could really back things up...hope that one never happens.

Alrighty, I've really got to jet. Have a great day ladies and, hopefully, I'll be back this afternoon with a workout to report :). TTFN!

Good morning, everyone! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Gloria :: congratulations on the new addition! You know we'll want pics! :)

Wendi :: I wound up not napping, but I went to bed fairly early and never worked out. Worked for me. :)...oh, thank you :)...Yes, absolutely, your boss will need to work around your schedule. Does he know yet that you're planning to go back to school?

I have that NB class today. Workout TBD. :)

Have a great day! I wonder when this forum transfer is going to happen...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/SnowBunny_tns-1.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Running the '08 Chicago Marathon for Livestrong ~
http://www.livestrong.org/grassroots2008/cathfieb

Good Morning Girls.

I was in a great mood waking up this morning but then....I have to finish up Joey's registration for pre-school. All of the forms are filled out and I got what I needed from the doctor but I had to come up with 4..yes, count 'me FOUR proofs of residency (FREE program so they wanna be darned sure you really live here!LOL) and Joey's birth certificate. I was worried about not coming up with four proofs of res since I do so much online these days. Well, wouldn't ya know it...the BC which I was SURE was there is *MISSING*!!!!! Mine and Sal's things are where they should be and Joey's should be there too but ofcourse, it's NOT! Now I have to take the 30 minute ride north to the town he was born in to get a duplicate made. GRRRRR. It's not a hard thing to do as I've done it multiple times but it's just annoying mostly because it's an hour-plus of driving and $1,000,000.00 :p in gas for a 5-10 minute stop! I am going to stop at the school first though. I am not sure if what I am taking for proof of res will work so this way if I need something else I have to go back with the BC anyway so it won't matter. I'll also feel better knowing the rest of the stuff is in order as I'm driving to get the BC. :)

WOW, that was a LONG semi-rant. Sorry about that! LOL

So the zoo was cute. Been there before. Nothing like the big zoos but great for kids. After that we drove back towards home and went out for chinese food. Ofcourse by the time I was heading home it was way later then I expected. Joey lapsed into a coma in the car. ;) When I got home I carried him up to bed. He moved but I don't think he opened his eyes. LOL Once he was down I took off to buy DH's B'day present (yeah, I'm bad!:eek: )!! Once Joey got some rest we went out to the Macaroni Grill for DH's birthday dinner. I tried to be good and eat light but STILL felt like a COW when I was done. That and the chinese food laid like a ROCK in my belly. UGH! Back to clean eating today. Gotta get rid of the bloat before the weekend when we have possible plan that could involve PIZZA on friday night, a BBQ on saturday and dinner at my MOM's on Sunday! AAAAHHHHH!:eek:

Oh, I was able to squeeze in a half hour of the Extreme Weight Loss and Fat Burning SWAT work out before heading to dinner last night. I'm sure it didn't do much to burn off all of the nasty food I ate but it gave me a mental boost atleast. :) Today will likely be a TM run at the gym and I'm *THINKING* about adding on an upper body KB work out at nap time as well.

Holy cow, I'm chatty today...Thank you if you've made it this far!:p

I'll shut up now and come back in a jiff with personals.;)

Wendy :: now I know it's time to wear my glasses when at the computer...I thought your post said "After that, we drove backwards home..." *lol* Strangely, it reminds me of a time I was doing Get-Out-the-Vote work, and one of the local councilmen was driving me and another volunteer around town to knock on doors. I thought my life was going to end that day. Apparently, he missed a house earlier on the street. Ya think we turned around? Nah! The guy proceeded to put the car in reverse and drive down the street backwards, 40 mph. *lol* THAT was an interesting day!...Glad you all had fun yesterday. Good luck with the pre-school paperwork. That sounds almost as bad as our six-point driver's license requirements.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/SnowBunny_tns-1.jpg

Judy: (((HUGS))) and prayers go out to your sick friend and his family. How sad. It must be soooo hard for your DH to deal with that when it hits close to home that way. I don't blame him for turning over the care of your friend to his partner.

Dallas: It's so nice to see you back here on a semi-regular basis posting with us. My KM, HSC, HSTA mish mosh was pure inspiration. I wanted something short that needed little to no equipment but hi-octane so I just scanned my dvds until I found the perfect mix. I have issues lately with equipment. I just don't wanna be bothered!
:p

Carole: Sorry about the thread y'day. I am not into politics AT ALL so I never get upset or offended by anything that is said in that realm. For this reason I may say something offensive and not even realize it. I am sorry if I did.

Christine: Your spinervals work outs have some *EVIL* names!!! How long is "enter the red zone"??? YIKES, they scare me every time you post about one! LOL The DOMS never emerged like I though it would. My calves still hurt but that has nothing to do with the bells. Glad to hear you will continue with the bells. I am liking them so much that I am considering going beyond the 4 week rotation I had originally planned. }(

Gloria: Glad you had a good hike. LOL about your friend who should be a WT. You girls are too funny with that! I guess you will be quadruplets soon! I rarely do HSC in full but I like to pick it apart for mish-moshes as you probably already know. ;) It's not that I don't LIKE the work out, I just don't tend to do circuit work outs all that much so I rarely reach for it. In addition, I like HSTA better so if I AM going to do a high step circuit it will be the latter. :) So how about you and I make a pact not to talk politics anymore okay? ;) I am seriously oblivious as I am not into politcs at all so as I said to Carole, I never even occurred to me that the discussion might offend someone. :eek:

Jackie: I top out at 55# going over my head as well. I've only done an S&H rotation once. It was PAINFUL but I enjoyed it. Yet ANOTHER series of work outs that I need to get back around to one of these years! LOL If your friend has any other questions regarding BB just let me know!

Cathy: I think you'll meet your donation requirement for Live Strong. Christine apparently got lots of donations from Catheites. I'm sure you will too!:) *IF* by some chance you are nearing the donation deadline and haven't met the minimum, let us (the Cheetahs) know! I am pretty sure that enough of us would be able to rally together to get you over the top!!!:) Perhaps the NB folks asked others to mentor as well but for something so difficult and important, I don't think they ask just ANYBODY. I am sure you are among the best of those currently working towards certification. :)

Wendi: The zoo was only minimally stinky y'day so we had a good day! LOL Sorry your work out will be short to non-existant today. I feel for you. I am sure you see how cranky I get when I miss a planned a work out!:p

Cathy: LOL I went and re-read that particular sentence and can easily see how you came up with that. No worries, glasses not needed there. ;) Funny and scarey about the guy driving backwards at 40 mph! I can barely navigate in reverse going at a snail's pace! LOL Yeah the 6 point DL requirement was quite the pain as well. I think that was one of the times I had to get a dup BC. It seems like it's all I do anymore! LOL

Good morning lovely cheetahs. Didn't have any time for posting yesterday. Had a very busy nite at work (typical lately... this is a very high powered busy innercity hospital) then made a pit stop at the apartment for a workout and a power nap, then a drive to NJ to spend the afternoon and night with my honey again. We took the boat out to the bay and had a very nice afternoon cruising around the shallows looking for crabs (DH's favorite thing... he really isn't all that much into fishing) No crabs but I did find a MONSTROUS scungili (sp?) DH was very excited about it anyway.
This morning I was up and out the door early to beat this steamy heat and got in a nice 4 miler.

Cathy- Thanks for having the link to your site for the livestrong org. I've made my donation... the best money I've spent this month! LOL about istretchonthecouch!!! I was wondering about the forum transfer thing also... not a word yet!

Judy- Congrats on your first sub-100 golf game!!! AWESOME... and on a challenging course too! Very disturbing news about your freind. Your DH has great instincts, but then again he is in the right field of work!! How very discouraging to have this happen after going thru all that. Sounds like he could definitely use an AICD but I'm sure your hubby is on top of that. Please keep us posted.

Dallas- Awesome workout day for you yesterday... you got a fire lit under you lately? I wouldn't waste much time fretting over the 12 miler. Just relax and go with the flow... yes I'll be making one final move. But it's really not that bad as the first one at all. Only going a few hours away and 90% of our stuff has remained in storage all this time.

Carole- I'm with you about being turned off when discussions turn to sensitive topics like religion and politics, especially when folks start to get rude and disrespectful. Have you ever seen the Governator by the way?

Christine- congrats on getting thru the presentation. Not that you were nervous about it... you are indeed the PRO. Just the tediousness of the whole thing is trying on you.
Hang in there! Wow.... already tackling a spinervals so soon after the 50 mile ride??? You rock!!!

Jackie- I'd say a weighted vest would be a great investment for you. I'd get one but I'm more interested in getting a decent squat rack once I've settled. DH is fired up about starting to work out again (yay) The new house has motivated him and he is shopping for home gyms.

Gloria- Great job on the 5 miler yesterday!! And a hike afterwards??? woohooo.. I'd say you found your motivation again! Did I see your last post correctly yesterday? Do you have a new puppy now???

Wendi- You are one determined cheetah to squeeze in IMAX2 in a very very busy work day. With your job most people would consider that working out enough... but not our iron Wendi!!!

Wendy- Since relocating and getting and applying for jobs I've also run across the news rules regarding residency. They are really cracking down now. The paperwork all has to be filled out exactly right and notarized etc... Had me pulling my hair out...well worth a rant IMHO. But ... WOW... your little one in school already?????? I'd say a good run and UB work will burn off that bloat!!

All is going well with the purchasing of the house. As I told Jackie above, DH is very excited about working out again and is shopping for gyms. As tight as money will be I will spring for this!
Heading back to Philly later today and I'll be getting in Seasuns The Next Step and hopefully some upper body work.

Shelly

Wendy- Posting together! How are you this morning?

Cathy- Wendy's post to you reminded me... I was thinking the same thing about the donations. I'd like to know when the deadline is... I'll check back to your site and pitch in again if you are short.

Shelly

Wendy :: *lol* Yeah, it was a memorable moment, for sure!...Thanks--very nice of you to say. :)...I am not very good about asking people for money, so this is a challenge that pushes me a little out of my comfort zone. I hope that some of my colleagues will pitch in, too, but I don't want to send out an email just yet b/c so many don't check our school mail accounts over the summer, and most are on summer budget. Until that first check rolls in on 9/15, things can get tight.

Shelly :: I don't know if I would recognize a scungili, but it sounds like it might look pretty creepy! *lol* Glad you two enjoyed some time out on the boat, though. You must be getting a great tan!...The deadline for funds is 30 days after the event. So, the way it works: if I don't come up with the minimum by 11/12, my CC will be charged...Oh wow, I think we have another dream home gym in the works here.

Shelly: I'm doing well this morning with the exception of the missing birth certificate! LOL Sounds like things are shaping up quite nicely for you and DH here on the east coast. I think you two will be very happy in your new location and you will be far enough away that you won't have the inlaws wanting to drop in for a visit on a whim!;) :7

Cathy: I understand what you mean about asking for the donations. I am bad with that as well. I think the best thing is to just let what you are doing be known. Once people are aware of what you are doing they will likely want to give a donation with out even being asked. Can you set up the Live Strong link in your outgoing emails as part of your signature to get it even more "publicity" so to speak? :)

HI Cheetahs

Thank you for your prayers regarding our friend.
although he is still on heavy duty heart meds and a ventilator he has purposeful movement and we are encouraged. DH has not wanted me to see him yet, but I would like to see him today.

Wendi- way to go on squeezing in an afternoon workout.

Cathy- LOL stretch on the couch!

Wendy- your day sounded fun but hectic. The BC issue is a pain ! but free preschool is worth the effort :) You are doing well with your eating out at managing to eat well. it can be a challenge with the meals away from home, but that is our way of life some of the time.

Dallas- I am stil doing NROL4W but was getting bored with it. I only have one WO left in stage 4 and although stage 5 is a repeat of stage 3 it is heavier weight and only 4 reps per set. I may try to stick it out.

Carole- NROL4W is designed to have increases in weight every workout so it is heavy weght. And I have really challenged myself. Interval trainning is also a component.

Shelly- You found a property?! congratulations! Will you stay with the nursing position you have or go for one closer to home?

yesterday my workouts were great therapy: i Tread #13 sprints, NROL4W 4A, and then yoga class. Yoga was great, but i had really tightened up as I forgot to stretch after the iTread and weight work. This yoga instructor is great and she is right down the street. I have signed up for 3 more Wednesday classes.

I am not sure of todays workout. I will pass on golf so I can do any workout I want.

Tomorrow Dsis and I are going to a Makenzie Childs barn sale. I collect the Courtly Check pattern ( black and white Check) We plan to leave her at 5:30. it is about a 90 minute drive and it will be a busy place!

http://www.mackenzie-childs.com/ind...standard&OVADID=2369751521&OVKWID=22525534021

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"
[font color= orange] Eat food, not too much, mostly plants~ Michael Pollen[/font]

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

edit for typos!

Quick check and no time for personals. :( I have THREE presentations to prepare for - two to give. For some reason they think it's fun for us to prepare 2 five minutes presentations and only have to give one. What a freaking waste. I'm tired and I'm stressed. I've been working 10-12 hour days, and it's supposed to help me some how. *rolls eyes* I have two of my presentations ready, but I sooo don't want to do the last. I hope I don't get picked to do that one.

I'm going to try to get in my kettlebell version of BC today. Depends on whether or not I can finish the one presentation. :p

Wendy - I had to answer your question - Enter the Red Zone is actually one of the easier Spinervals. :p It's only 58 minutes. It actually has the ladies from the VF forums (and Brenda from the Cathe videos) in it.

Have a great day all!

Judy- Sounds like your friend has stabilized anyway so that is encouraging. If the rest of his organs are functioning well and he isn't that old I'd say his overall outlook should be ok. It's not like you aren't used to seeing people like that since you've worked in an ICU in the past so I think you should go to see him IMO. This has been interested working in a busy downtown big city hospital but I definitely want to settle and work in a place close to home. I'm looking at working in Chambersburg, PA or Hagerstown, MD.
Our property is in Mercersburg PA... a 3/2 on 24 acres, mostly wooded and quite pretty!

Shelly

Good mornng cheetahs

Wendi...Good job with Imax2 yesterday, that is my fav Imax. Still some smoke but the air quality is slowly getting better.

Cathy...my day yesterday was good. I did not have a long work day and that is always nice. Hope the NB class goes well. I have been thinking the same about the forum transfer, it'll probably be while I am slowly typing.

Shelly...Sounds like a nice boating outing with DH. I will have to look up a scungili! Good job with the 4 miler. I completely agree with your post to me...:)...No, I have never seen the Governator in person. Great news about DH shopping for gyms! I might need a taser to get my DH out of his chair!!

Wendy..you sure went trough a lot to get Joey into preschool! Sounds like the zoo was fun. Sorry about the rock in your belly from the food yesterday. Enjoy your TM and maybe upper body workout today.

Judy..thanks for your description of NROLFW. It does sound interesting! Enjoy your trip to Makenzie Childs tomorrow.

Christine..Arnie and GW are supposed to be here today. I bet you are great in your mentoring role for work. Hope you enjoyed Spinervals yesterday. Sorry about the long work days. I wish you well with the presentations.

Jackie...the Prez and Governator should be here today. I am sure our little airport will be crowded...:)..Way to go with 55lbs in S&H legs! A weighted vest should help. Unless you want to invest in a squat rack...:)

Gloria...apology accepted. Good job on your 5 mile run and hike yesterday.

Today is legwork, P90X+ abs/core and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Here she is. Sorry they are so BIG! I have been busy this morning. DH and I have been up since six taking care of the new pup. Any ideas for names? It has to be two syllables for hunting. I will do personals later. I am a bit frazzled. I won't even be able to take a shower until DH gets home tonight since we gave our friends our kennel to use. DH is working on getting one today. BBL!

OMG Gloria.... she is too cute for words!!!:* :* :* :* :*
You'll be busy for a while I guess! How does Ellie like her?
2 syllables for hunting?? Can you give an example?

Shelly

Thank you Shelly! :) Ellie is ok with her. They have been playing, but Ellie gets irritated easily. Two syllables is two vowel sounds. Like Annie, Gracie, Ellie, etc. Hope your day is super. Off for patrol, she is awake now....:) :) :)

BTW, for those of you who were curious. A Scungili is simply the Italian term for a conch. The Italians love to use them in recipes. This one really was HUGE!

Gloria- thanks for the clarification but I knew what you meant by the syllables, just wasn't clear on the hunting part.

Shelly

Gloria - Oh my goodness - you're puppy is CUTE!!!! I think Liza when I see her for some reason, but the other names are cute, too. Thanks for sharing!!!

Shelly - my friend John is a HUGE Scungili fan (he's Italian, also). It's good, but there are other shellfish I would rather order. :p

Carole - Hope you get to see Bush and Arnie!

Hi to everyone else! I'll try to post more personals through the day, but not promises. I have to go pretend I want to do this. :p

I ended up doing Keith Webber's Extreme Kettlebell Cardio. Man was that fun. I'm feeling good on my swings - no back pain - which is wonderful! I'm still using a light bell, but we'll gradually get that up there. I didn't have a lot of time, but I knew that swinging a bell around would release some of the tension I'm feeling and it worked. I feel sooo much better!! Well, off to the showers and then off to work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.