::: CHEETAHS ::: Thursday aka Friday Eve!

carole-after a hard day at work, i STILl went to the bookstore and bought "pain free." it looks interesting. i will probably start reading it tonight.

lori-it is sooooo odd about the HRM. i think i have really been underestimating the amount of calories i burn, but more importantly, how high or low my heartrate is. i have been surprised my HR is a lot higher than i thought and i would have never thought my modified workout from this morning would burn 500 calories! okay, your workout today sounds CRAZY!!!

jackie-i think the shot is kicking in. either that or the anti-inflammatories. even the ball on my piriformis didn't hurt as bad today!

judy-what's this about the chef of the year and dinner? i must have missed something.

christine-you will have to let me knwo next time you go visit your dad. i don't *think* it's that far. as for the HRM, i am already learning more about what works for me and that i don't have to kill myself to get a good workout. i am really glad i got one. i had been hesitant because i thought the chest strap would really bother me (i can't stand to have ear buds in my ears!), but it doesn't bother me at all. i keep it pretty tight so it doesn't move around.

hi wendy, chatty cheetah!

dallas-you make me think i could actually manage being a mom. you are able to do all you do and get in two workouts!!! i am truly impressed.

posh-i think my piriformis is already a tad better. the ball didn't hurt as badly tonight as it did last night. i am definitely NOT going to run until i get the all-clear. i know how badly you can be injured if you go back too quickly. i plan on starting the elliptical this weekend.

so, yes, i was enabled once again and bought the pain-free book. can the pups and i come live with one of you (or take turns) when i go broke???

Judy - Hope you enjoyed your dinner tonight. What did you have?

Lori - Dang! You should be pooped girl with that workout. Whew! Hope the HA is gone.

Christine - At least you see the error of your ways and you know what to do to correct. But, sometimes those mistakes are just so good. Glad your sis made it and you're enjoying each other. Bummer on the luggage. What did she make for dinner?

Wendy - Isn't it fun to push yourself with Grace? She will whip you into being speed demon. That's great that you entered the MDB contest! Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Dallas - A second workout for you two? How do you ladies do it?

Thomasina - Did any of your workouts show up? I like Suzanne Deason. She does do beginning yoga and I think she has a calming voice. She also does pilates. Cracking up about the brassy sound like Rachel Ray. :)

Temps are dropping again. I'm such a slug in cold weather.

Have a good night.

Jackie

Lorie - Forgot to mention I like your tantrum smileys. Can't see them at work. So glad something is finally working for that hip. Maybe going easy for the next few days will do wonders. Don't forget you might get a rebate sometime later in the year. More $$$ to spend.

Jackie

Evening Cheetahs!

Well, I did B&G standing premix and then Iron Core #2 all of it, which if you ff through the breaks it can be done in about a half hour. So, with B&G premix (no abs) and Iron Core that was an hour. I think I've thoroughly worked my core today. I had all the kids in there with me which got a little tricky swinging that kettlebell. :eek: They ended up getting on the spin bike, treadmill, and rebounder. So we each had our own space. :)

Lorie ~ Well, that stinks about your pool situation. :( I think swimming is a great cardio alternative. Great workout today - injury and all! Take it easy though! You'll be back at it in no time. When I hurt my ankle two years ago, I did a lot of yoga, pilates, upper body, and walking on the treadmill or elliptical. I really had no problem getting back into the swing of things once I got the clear from my physical therapist. I had to keeping telling myself to ease back into it though. You're right there's no sense on starting all over. As for me getting it all done, well there's clean dishes that need to be put away in the dishwasher, and the ones I washed in the sink; clothes in the dryer and washer; a basket of clothes that need to be put away; hmmm what else....oh, I need to start de-cluttering my house again...so, I'm not doing that great a job, huh!?!?! LOL! Hey, at least I feel good! ;-) You have no idea how I look half the time either...ha ha!! ;-)

Judy ~ That dinner sounds divine! Can't wait to hear the details. :) Yeah, my friend is a really sweetheart. Our sons are so close. They're really cute together. We helped each other out so we could Christmas shop this year too.

Jackie ~ IA, this weather is the pits! :( I need to be beamed up to another place - a much warmer place. I normally get everything done in the AM workout wise. I hate it hanging over my head.

Posh ~ I can't wait to hear how you like Bosu Blast. It's, well a blast!! ;-) Did it arrive?

Wendy ~ How long do you have for the competition? That would be awesome to win some dinero. Then you could buy more fitness stuff and workout DVDs. ;-) Way to go on the DOMS. S&H must be working for you!}(

Christine ~ Those pix are great!!! Gosh, you make me want to get on a plane!! That's sweet your sister is making dinner for you and WW! :) So, what are you doing for the Super Bowl.? Dh's brother always has a big bash. This year it's going to be a mini-bash...no one good is in the SB. LOL! ;-) Dh is still heart broken over the Chargers. :( So, HLD is Amy's new one, right? You did all right with the choreography? I need to focus on that one because I like her Hi/Lo Extreme. I use the Dome premix a lot! Really like that one!

Lori ~ I remember those days. ***SIGH*** it goes too fast. :( Have fun with that little guy! :)

Carole ~ Nope, didn't get to that yoga. :( I did get the Iron Core from y-day in today though. I stretched tonight watching a show with the kids. I copied you on the Standing Glutes, but no abs. :) Does your dh run as well? Is that why his hips are bothering him?

Wendi ~ Your workout sounds fun! How was bowling? How are you feeling?

Shelly ~ Did you get to run OD? Or did that snow come? IA snow in AZ? Oh my!! :eek:

Sunny ~ Sorry you didn't like Slo Mo? Do you think it will grow on you? I did an iCycle the other day w/Mimi and it was the first iTrain I wasn't sure I liked. I'll try it again and see. I think it was the push-ups while spinning that did it for me???

Cathy ~ Love those post it emoticons! You DO find the neatest stuff! Hope you were able to enjoy your rest day - a little anyway. You sure had a busy day! Hope you got it all done!

Tomorrow is a lot more running - pick up the cake, etc. The party is tomorrow night. I'll try to pop in. I plan on doing an iTread and 4D - Chest, shoulders and triceps. I think that's the upper body work I have left. This week is a blur. Honestly, I don't know how you ladies do it, who work and get your work outs done. I'm not sure that I would if I worked full time??? So, hats off to you! :)

Nighty-night!

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

okay, i just got my shipping notice from amazon and somehow, i ordered TWO copies of yoga for happiness. i can return one since it won't be opened, but i wanted to see if any of you wanted it and hadn't gotten around to ordering it yet. it was $19.99 with no tax and no shipping.

let me know if anyone's intersted. if not, i will post it to the atlanta cathe group or the oal but i wanted to try here first.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.