::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs., 10/5

Good day all. I only have time for a quick hello but wanted you all to know I'm still around. Things have been crazy with closing out the year at work, school and home.

I'll try to check back in later after my run, before school.

Have a great day all and take it easy.

Kim

Hello there! Long time no check in I know! I see in my absence over the last coupla weeks we've added some new cheetahs! FANTASTIC!! Hello to Kim, Linda, SunnyD, Karen.... I think there are others too. Oh well, I'll get it straight.

Sorry I've been gone a bit. No good excuse I'm afraid. Just been in a big funk feeling sorry for myself. :( And mostly I've been very angry with myself alsox( I've been unable to run at all the last few weeks and I felt so frustrated I didn't want to hear about others running, even all you lovely cheetahs! Some of you may remember I strained an adductor muscle on my right leg about a month ago. It got better initially but I was too impatient to do the right thing and let it heal. I raced on it and paid the price x(
I desperately wanted to to a 25 mile trail run this Saturday and I've blown itx( Well, I've come to my senses and accepted reality now, learned my lesson! I'm on the road to recovery now and have just started running again.....very cautiously!! I did 5 miles today at a 10 min/mile pace, I'll keep it nice and slow for a while. It was too much speedwork that got me in trouble in the first place! I'll play it smart and I should be in shape for my marathon attempt this January!

Tomorrow morning I'll check in and reaquaint myself with everyone!
I really missed ya'll.

Humbly yours

ShellyC

Shelly!!! Good to "see" you again! We certainly missed you around here!! Sorry to hear about your adductor muscle. I do understand being impatient with an injury, though. I'm sooo sorry you can't do your run this weekend. I'm sending healing vibes. Glad you're being a smart cheetah and healing it properly (please remind me I said that next time I hurt myself!)

Well, FINALLY got the official offer and it's better than I thought. The job even comes with 3 weeks vacation off the bat! I'm stoked about that! Just need to figure out when they want me to start (in the 6 documents they sent me, they never mentioned this little detail!). I think I'm going to ask to start on the 16th. That will give me a week to recover from the half, and do some shopping... }(

Hi Shelley,
I totally understand how you feel. I have messed up my knees lately from not taking enough rest and running and working out even though I had some discomfort. I am taking a few days off a running and any cardio right now. I looked at my workouts last week and did 25 miles and Imax xtreme and Imax 3 all in one week, STUPID!!! So, it is no fun being an obsessed cheetah. It is always a learning process for me. I am glad you are on the mend and January will here and you will be marathoning and feeling great! Nice to hear from you:)

Christine, YAY!!!!! That offer sounds great and it sounds like you are happy with it. It is nice to have a week to recover after your half. I was reading about your course for this weekend and it sounds like a nice run.

Well, I only did my Ba, sh, bi's today. I hate not getting a really good sweat in. I am hoping to do some form of cardio tomorrow. Have any of you had an issues with siatica. I am wondering if that is what this is. I have a little pain and stiffness in the left buttock and it goes all the way down to my foot. I think it could be just overuse too. Anyway, I am ready for some cardio.

Have a great evening cheetah folks and I will talk to you in the morning!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.