::: CHEETAHS ::: Thurs., 10/11

Hi Cheetahs,

Cathy, hope you get KPC in today. I like that workout.

Christine, Your picture is great. You do have a nice smile.

Carole, Is it possible to run a half marathon without doing a training program for it, just relying on aerobic ability? Have fun with PLB and you elliptical. Does your elliptical take up a lot of space?

Barb, nice run. I always avoid ankle weight exercises because they seem harder than standing wt. work. Great job.

Laurie, Have a great rest day.

Susan, Way to go doing KPC. What is sciatica. I read a lot of people have it, but don't know what it is.

Elaine, Glad you are catching up on your things you missed while gone.

Jess, Step Blast is a blast. I am glad you are enjoying your step.

Sunny, Have a great workout at the gym. Glad to see your training is coming so well.

Wendy, Have a nice rest day.

Judy, hill work sound tiring. I should try that sometime, I am just afraid to go to far casue I don't know where all the dogs are around here.

Jennifer, Buy the picture. You need a souvenier.

Today, I did CC #6, and GS Back and Biceps, and SJP abs.

Have a great day everyone.

Hi everyone! Posting later than usual today. I had an early morning meeting and couldn't sit down until now.:) I'm feeling pretty good today. Did some great heavy duty cardio step workouts
and hardly felt the old adductor strain. Tomorrow I'll go for a run and see how it goes but I'm feeling optomistic:)

Elaine- I posted a congrats to you on the day you ran your marathon but I want to repeat it. What a wonderful accomplishment for you!
We are all so impressed.....and darn proud of you too! Seems that your recovering okay too.

Cathy- Hope your class trip went okay. I think KPC seems to have been the workout of choice today....it's a fun one!

SunnyD- I'd like to know what your metabolic effect workout consists of also....it sounds intriguing...and hard!

Laura- have a great rest day. Sounds like you need one after last nights jump rope, frog jump etc workout!

Wendy- There are alot of HM training plans that do have you running
the 13 miles prior to the race. Most full marathon plans don't have you running the whole distance before. Personally, I ran 12-14 miles a few times before my first HM and found that it didn't take too much out of me. I ran my first HM in 1:49 so I guess the strategy worked! Do what feels right to you....I am SO impressed that you are training for this!!!!!!!

Judy- have a great time with your step-of-choice today!

Carole- Elliptical day :7 :7 doing an iTrain? Is your DH still using it?

Jess- Finally a step.....how exciting :7 :7 I vote for an Imax workout next...YOU will absolutely love them!! Imax 2 is the "easiest" of the 3 so I would start with that one.

Christine- Love your pic....thanks for sharing! You make my mouth water with your description of Indian food!

Susan- I feel very connected to you especially now since we're both struggling with painful conditions :( Wow....you're meeting Mr. YP!!
I'll definitely be waiting to hear about this!

Barb- Sounds like you got in a good workout today despite the piddling!

Laurie- Love your pic also! I especially like seeing the action pics with our cheetahs at the finish line!

Tomorrow will be a fun day for me. Meeting with a bunch of friends for some kayaking and a BBQ!!!!

tata
ShellyC

This morning I did not do anything! I am going to try to do something after work. We will see!

Christine - Your pictures is really good! I guess you're not "supposed" to look good after running over 13 miles...but you DO! You guys look so happy! Mmmm! I love Indian food!

Laurie - your picture is really good too! Hope your day calms down! Mine seems to be the same way! Just hope I can get a workout in after work!

Shelly - That is great that you did not feel the pain! Hope you are able to do the run tomorrow, pain free!

Wendy - did you print Hal's HM training schedule of the computer, or did you buy the book? I think I may try that one.

Elaine - HOpe you catch up soon! When you change locations ( a long distance), do you have to do anything with your Garmin, other that wait for it to find another satellite? I am going on vacation next week and will be taking mine. I have only used mine once, so I am very familiar with it .

Susan - Oh my gosh! You lucky thing! You get to see MYP? That would be great! I am green with envy!

Barb - Great job with the run and ankle wt work! I just "piddled" this morning. I did nothing, but go to work. Just too tired. I hope I go run after work!

Karen - Great workout! Was it CC#6 with Candace or Sean? I love them both!

Jennifer - I am sure your picture is just fine! Mine was horrible. I had no idea that the photographer was even there. I was so embarrassed when I realized he was!

Jess - I hope you are doing better! That was a good surprise! I love all of them, but Imax 2 is one of my very favorites! Hope you enjoy them all! They are all awesome workouts!

Carole - Hope you enjoyed your elliptical and PLB! I am feeling PLB from yesterday!!

Judy - It is so hard for me to speed down hills. I think I am kind of afraid that my knees with "give" out on my and I will topple over! I love to try to keep the same pace going up, though! I really need to work on the hills!

Sunny - Great job on the "killer" metabolic workout and elliptical! sounds fun!

Laura - That sounds like a leg burner of a workout, for sure!

Cathy - Hope you enjoyed your workout, whether it ended up being KPC or running! I did not get up this morning for a workout, either!

Have a great evening everyone!

Linda

Susan - those are really good pictures! I wish my DH would run with me!!

Oh my goodness....what on earth did I do to my above post? :+ Sorry!

Linda

Shelly,
Yeah, I kind of feel vulnerable right now when it comes to the running. I am actually going to take about a week off from it. I will continue to do step and other workouts and of course my yoga, butI think that running is probably what caused the sciatica. I hate having this injury. It has really made me think about my workouts though, and keeping them a little less impact and not doing multiple hardcore workouts week after week. I love the high impact and high intensity workouts, but I need to listen to my body more. Oh well, anyway, I hope your injury heals soon and let us know how your run goes tomorrow. Take Care.

Susan

Linda - you do NOT look like a white chicken! You look like your smokin'!! (Smokin' hot, that is, not the bad way!) I love that photo!! Thanks for sharing!

Susan- Love your photos, too! It's great that all of the shots have you and DH in them! He's cute, too, by the way. I love looking at all race photos! It's fun.

Shelly and Susan - I hope your injuries heal soon!! Neither sound fun, and I'm sorry you're going through them.

Susan, Neat pics. You look strong. It's great your DH runs with you.

Linda, It was the CC with Candece. It was the first time I did it. I loved it. I did it on my mini trampoline though. I don't have a treadmill or a elliptical.

all of the race pictures where nice. you all look strong!!

jess hope you continue to feel better.

today the lady from the YMCA called and wants me to teach a couple of the bootcamp classes. YIKES! I am nervous, never like being up infront of people. I did however go ahead and get certified. I want to do it but am nervous.

kids game where cancelled tonight. they thought it was too cold tonight. hello it is october!

talk with ya all later!!

Laura - That is great! Don't be nervous! You can do it! Being an instructor was always a dream of mine. It is cold here tonight, too. But.....like you said....it IS October!

Linda

Good Evening.

One last very late post for me!

Shelly: Don't be too impressed until I actually say that I've STARTED the training! Actually...wait until I get through the 6 mile run mark! LOL After than you can be impressed if you want!:p :7 }(

Linda: I printed the HM training program off of Hal's website. I've looked at a few others but they are too friggin' complicated for me. I will look a few more times just to be sure this is the one I want to do.

Well I opted to take today as a rest day after all. My weekend is set up so that I can get a work out in every day. Saturday we won't be leaving until lunch time so I have time in the morning and on Sunday you know I'll be out there for a run on the boardwalk! :+ :+ :+

Tomorrow I am dropping Joey off at his aunt's for the weekend so I'll probably do that in the morning and then head straight for the park where I usually meet my friend (she's can't join me this time :-( ) and run for a while. Saturday I plan to take an early-bird Power class at the gym. It starts at 7:30 am!:eek: With out Joey to contend with though I should have no problem making it! I will probably also get some cardio in while I'm there.

I am trying to decide when to begin the HM training. I am a bit in shock with myself for even CONSIDERING this! LOL I feel like if I can do this, I can do ANYTHING! I HAVE TO GO FOR IT! If I can't make it through the first time, I can try again (and again!LOL) and still have PLENTY of time to reach my goal of a 2007 half!}(

Okay...I'm done rambling.

I should go...It's waaay past my bed time!:p

Nighty night!:*

Laura - YOU CAN DO IT!!! Oh, you'll be fabulous!! I'm so excited to hear about your first class!

Wendy - YES! You can do anything! There's so many great lessons to be had from training for a half - or any endurance event. The first and foremost is that what you thought were limits, were only limits because you told yourself they were.

Now I'm off for bed... good night all!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.