.::: CHEETAHS :::. Thirstin' for DOMS Thurs.

Hey Girls.

4DS back and chest and LIS core work felt great today. Ended up taking my run indoors at the gym. As it turns out DH had to work some O/T so if I hadn't gone to the gym I would have missed my run completely. DH got home and I left the gym just when the thunder/lightening/pouring rain started around here. Needless to say I am happy I made the decision to take it indoors even before I found DH was working O/T. So I did ITread 16/20 mins but when Grace has you do a fast paced walk for the last segment before the actual cool down I kept on running right through it and the cool down. I continued until the next ITread on my Ipod came on which happened to be #10/30 mins and I did that one until I the 35 min mark. That's where I stopped. It was a good run and a bit of a mental challenge to not STOP when Grace did at the end of the first work out. LOL

I have another run on tap for tomorrow as well as my first yoga/pilates class at the gym. I may, however, take the class on saturday instead and do LIS upper body weights instead tmrw. I'll have to see what I feel like...I do think, though, that the class will be the *perfect* thing to do on saturday since Sunday is my long run day (9 miles). I was originally going to do the upper body weights on saturday but switching the weights and the class make for a more appealing option IMO. :)

Shelly: Welcome back to the thread. We miss you too when you can't be around for a few days. Glad to hear you are still on board for the 18 miler but hey, if things get crazy and you need to bow out for any reason, I'll certainly understand. I may pout and whine a leetle bit but I'll understand!;):p:D LOVED the RT Shell! Wish you could've made the early bird class. I wasn't there but got to meet Wendi. She's a doll! Would have loved it if you could have been there as well!

Christine: Very creative BM2 mish mosh you did this morning! I may have to take notes on it for future use! I don't blame ya for wanting to hit the road in the nice weather but um...How often do you actually have NOT NICE weather where you live!?? :D So today I managed to consume 1771 calories and I still got a GPA of close to 3.9! YAY! Y'day's cals were at 1631 and the day before was 1565. I was thinking about doing my own kind of staggering since I have a big range of calories and going up and down on a consistant basis to keep the body guessing and ward off any ill effects of possibly under OR over-eating. The calorie staggering I did after I had DS worked like a charm so I'm thinking changing it up constantly would be a good thing.

Karen: WOW you sure did hit the jackpot with your goodie bag! I rarely find good stuff in there anymore. They've gotten so cheap. :mad: Enjoy your rewards! LOL

Carole: Since I ran on the TM the doms didn't bother me too much. I definately would have felt the doms more had I been outside. :eek:

Judy: I will let you know how I like the pilates/yoga class. I've heard it's a good one. I am lax about getting my yoga in as well so I guess this requirement will help me. I plan to take the regular yoga too as some point. I am basically going to take whatever is offered at the best time for my schedule. I figure I'll get everything in eventually. :) Sorry you had to pass on golf today. We learned about PF on the roadtrip. I never knew what it was until now!

Cathy: So is your bum still tingly? ;) How was the Bodies exhibit?

Dallas: Sorry about the nausea. I'm sure it's from the stress in your life right now. I hope you can find a little relief from it soon.

Posh: LOL about my disappearing...I WISH! :p I'm actually not as tiny as I may seem...IMO anyway. I am 130# and at 5'3" that's not leetle. I like to think of myself as solid. I have a lot packed into a short pkg. I guess I carry my weight well as no one ever thinks I weigh as much as I do. The muscle helps I am sure!:) Anywho, I just want to lose a leetle fat so that I can see more definition. That's really all I want outta my work outs these days. VERY hard to come by though! Jeesh! :eek:

Jackie: Thanks! I appreciate the compliment. :) So anything fun planned for this weekend? Going to see DBF?

Gloria: Great run today! I know...I feel like the housework is never done around here either. :( Right now my dog is shedding like a beast so my living room carpet needs to be vacuumed much more then I care to do it! LOL I really just need to brush the dog but I just haven't gotten around to it. Perhaps this weekend....

K, looks like I'm all caught up! See you chickadees in the morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.