::: CHEETAHS ::: TGIF, 12/15

Just a quick-in from a running Cheetah!! Yes, I guess I can be classified as a Cheetah again!! I did 4.5 miles!!!!!!! I waited til my dh got home from work. (he only works til 11 on Fridays) The weather was perfect, lower 40's & sunny!! Mikey (the dog) was so happy to get out & go w/ me!! I walked about .25 mile, then ran, walked about a minute or so every mile to make sure my leg felt ok, then ran again. YEAH, it felt great!!! I stretched out & am going to stretch more & use my foam roller. I really hope I've kicked this stupid IT band injury. It's been a struggle, but I've learned a lot through it, so that's good. I won't take running for granted again, that's for SURE!! And I've learned to listen to my body a lot more. Less is not always bad, I tend to push myself too hard. And just because I *can* do something doesn't mean I *should* do it.

Anyway, some ramblings from me but I was soooo happy to get out & get it done!!

The girls are feeling better. Hannah's tummy has settled down & she has at least had some toast & cereal to eat. Allison's got a constant drippy nose but no tummy ache for her at least. We played a lot of games this morning which is always fun.

I'm going to try to fit in BSB in a bit. They're both going to lay down (Allison still needs her nap every day, but at least Hannah will rest). Greg is home but he's happily playing computer games on the other computer. ;-)

I'll check back in a bit!

Sunny :: sorry about those long days! I hope you don’t have to go into work tomorrow. Take a well-earned rest day and relax tonight!! I have not tried the runervals, sorry.

Wendy :: thanks…I still feel sniffly and had a bit of a stomachache today, but I guess I’m hangin’ in. Enjoy your rest day and have fun @ your mom’s. She sounds like a great lady. :) What’dja buy her?

LD :: what’d you decide on? Yes, the protest was about legislation which could affect our pensions; I was not part of the protest, but I am concerned about the bill. My middle schoolers think every day is PJ day! I’ve had to speak to several of them recently about the dress code – least favorite part of my job…the policing! How old is your son?

Christine :: SO glad you’re feeling better! I find sometimes that after day one (or sometimes even just at the onset of TTOM), I feel like a totally different person. It’s actually the USB port and not the mouse, and it’s decided to work again. Have a safe trip to PA!

Carole :: hope you had a dry run today and a good MM workout!

Jess :: OMG, these germs! *lol* Hope everyone’s back up to snuff soon. I bow down to you for being able to do all 72! I don’t use an HRM, so I can’t be helpful there. But when my Garmin (a 201) craps out, I plan to upgrade. Good question – I’m interested in everybody’s answers. Great job on the run. Yes, I think when you suffer a setback like that you really do learn (the hard way) to listen to your body and take care of it better. Thanks for your card – what a cute photo.

Linda :: intense workout! Great going!

Laurie :: thanks for your card & lovely message! Good workout today!

Susan :: I also received your card…adorable family pic. It’s nice to put faces with names. I expected to find a cookie in that envelope – what happened?? :) How was the concert?

Shelley :: <yawn> reading about your workouts make me wanna nap! PUB is one that I don’t do very often. I should work it into the mix now and then, but somehow, I find that one kinda tedious. What is a trackball? I’m glad everyone’s enjoying the card exchange – me, too. I received four cheetah cards today – made me smile.

Marcia :: welcome back! I would just go out and see what you can do…play it by ear. When I returned from a hiatus in running, I went for time…ran 15 or 20 minutes one way, took a few minutes' walking break, and then slowly ran 15 or 20 back.

Elaine :: thanks for your card also! :)

Hi Laura & anyone else dropping in. I do not feel like running this afternoon…I am going to eat an early dinner and then plug in KPC. It’s not cold out there, but the grayness is kinda putting me off.

Well, I'm off...will try to pop back in later. I will be crashing early tonight after a long week with too many meetings & my wonderful but hyped-up kids!
Cathy :)

Hello ladies,
I just got back from physical therapy. I love this place. They really know what they are doing and I just feel great when I leave. I am really hoping within about 4 weeks I will be running too(Fingers tossed). I have been really really good about not pushing it. It is so much harder not to workout than it is to workout-I know I am a freak, just like the rest of you cheetahs(LOL)!
I meant fingers crossed,duh
My daughters concert was so cute and yes the tears were streaming down my face. I so do not want her to grow up.

Cathy, I put the cookie in the envelope, but later decided to eat it,((((((SORRY)))))))):)

Sunnydelite, I have had my guinea pig step on a button before and lost the whole dang post. Those pesky little pigs.

Wendy, it is funny you mention no DOMS. I very seldom have DOMS. I think it is because I am constantly stretching. I want some though}(

Runnergirl, I say go for butts and gutt!

Christine, I am so glad you are feeling better. I would say the workout you ahve planned will definitley blobify you.

Carole, We leave on the 24th and come back on the 31st. I am starting to get excited about it, but also realize that it will be the last xmas to share with my mom. I am going to make it a very special one for her though. Have a great run and hopefully you are dry there. We are supposed to have a hail storm:(

jess, that is great about your run. You are my mentor right now. You kept with your pt and did the exercises and did not push it. I am trying to follow along in your footsteps. Tell you family to get well, Jeesh. My girls finally are not couching. It took them a couple of weeks though.

Linda, I know. I do not want my girls to get any older. Thanks for the compliment about the photo.

Laurie, nice workout! I always wanted 4 kids too, but it was such hard work getting pregnant that we are just lucky to have what we have. Oh, and my husband would probably leave me if I had another(LOL)!

Shelly, yes, I sang professionally for about 10 years. I had an agent who booked me in jazz clubs in chicage and I did wedding just about every weekend and a fairgrounds and did several recordings. I really wanted to be the next whitney houston, but I have children and life got in the way. I sing at the piano after dinner now for about an hour everynight for my down time. My husband sang opera for years. We sing together a lot when we have friends over.
that is neat that you studies opera. I am a alto and 2nd soprano.

Yes, I am definitley easing off of the exercise and it is one of the HARDEST things I have ever had to do. I am really listening to my body right now, except when it tells me I need a peanut m&m!

Mrs. Schultz, nice to meet you. Have a great run tonight and you have a GREAT attitude.

Well that is it for me now. We are having a playdate over here today, so I better get tidying.

Have a great afternoon!

Susan

OMG, I was so excited getting back from my run that I forgot my password to get in HERE?!?!?! UGH! Talk about frustration. :)

I ran 1.599 miles and it felt great! :7 :7 :7

The first .5 miles I felt like I was running on air and then it must've hit my body and *thug* I had lead feet and remembered that good ol' feeling of starting over. But, I finished the whole thing without walking and was happy about that. Now, tomorrow we'll see how far I get. ;-)

I'm bartending tonight so extra leg workout there. Have a great night everyone!

Marcia.

Finally! This is the first chance I have had all day to sit down to post here. I actually worked out today! I did MM and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Then I went to pick DS up at school and then over to DD's Christmas party at school.

I have received cards from Cathy, Susan, Christine, Shelly, Carole and Linda. If I haven't already said it, "Thanks!"

Personals:

Cathy, My DS has Asperger's Syndrome and I know that he can be a challenge at school. (Hey, sometimes I want to kill him at home!LOL!) There have been some teachers I have had to go around and around with but invariably his Language Arts teachers for the past three years (7th, 8th and 9th grades) have been the nicest and most compassionate of any of them. I don't know if it goes with the territory or what but they have all just been the nicest women you could imagine. So when I think about you it is in the same light!

Sunny, I've got my fingers crossed that you don't have to work this weekend.

Wendy, I'm dying to know.....are you Super Woman or do you have DOMS?????

Jess, Whoo hoo!!! Four point five....music to my ears!

LD, That *is* a lot of moving. Do you like it in PA or CA best?

Christine, I'm happy that you are feeling better today! How was the deblobification?

Carole, I'm still in that early to bed early to rise rut but since the kids are out of school for the Christmas holiday then I will be working to reverse it! And it doesn't matter what time of day it is, if I lay down to watch TV I fall asleep. So did you have rain today?

Linda, Oh geez! You're enabling me and it's my own darned fault! I should not have asked you about those workouts. The step kickbox sounds like something I might enjoy. From where did you order them?

Laurie, I did feel a little sad when DH went and got himself fixed!! He just looked at me like I was crazy and asked "Just when do you want to quit???" We were both 42 when DD was born (well I turned 42 a couple months after) so it was a very valid question:7

Susan, I have got to have the raspberry truffle brownie recipe! Way to go resisting the bad stuff. I've been good too other than the ice cream cake for my birthday. I had two pieces on my b'day then one piece for the next two nights after. For some reason I was able to stop right there and did not go searching for more junk. It might be my mindset this week. I've had to cut waaaay back on any sort of exercise because I've been really busy and have just accepted that fact. So I'm thinking that being rational about the lack of exercise has made me be the same with my diet. It would be nice if I could be this balanced all 365 days of the year.

Shelly, That's really nice of you to work so the people with kids can have Christmas off! What an angel, for the other nurses and I bet the patients too. (For some reason when I typed the last sentence it reminded me of when I used to work full time. A guy I used to work with was not the best at spelling and sent out an email to our group of programmers because he was going to take down the test region and needed to give us all a heads up. Anyway, his email ended like this "Please bare with me and thank you for your patients.") OK. That was a digression if I've ever seen one. In any case, I imagine you have some tear jerker stories that you could tell about people being in the hospital during the holiday season.

Well, hello there Marcia! Happy running to you!

Sometimes this Cheetah thread can get quite long. I hope I didn;t niss any of you. Sorry if I did! Talk to you all later.

Elaine, I hated every minute of CA. It wasn't really the state. I just had never ever lived outside of IN and I became very depressed. It was not a good time. Anyway, when I finally made some friends and started settling in, this was 2 yrs mind you, we moved again. I don't know I find Philly- east coasters to be more friendly. Not all Cally ppl. Don't want to offend anyone! But I did live in Fresno! I don't think any cheetahs do right? However, I just didn't like it and I was down. Ok you [probably didn't want my life story. So to answer your question I like PA much better. I do miss CA's weather!
LD

I'n not offended, LD. Hey, you were in Fresno. Nothing more needs to be said!! LOL! I have a good friend who lives in Clovis and the only thing I like about where she lives is the shopping. Where I live it is very antigrowth so we don't have much to choose from. The smog in the central valley is horrible too! I went to visit my friend once when I was in the middle of training for a marathon and had to go for a long run while I was there. It was terrible! CA has the coast, of course, and up north around where Carol lives and further up is beautiful but all the rest is pretty much just ugly wasteland, IMO. PA is much more desirable than Fresno for sure!

Hey, LD...that's what I like to hear! :)

I am back from dinner and not feelin' KPC either. I think it's Attack of the Blob. I am TUCKERED (Wendy, that was for you.) :) Well, if I run tomorrow and lift that will be 3 cardio and 3 weights for this week, so I suppose I don't have to feel TOO guilty - even though next to you cheetahs I look like a major slacker...lol!

Elaine :: thank you so, so much for those kind words about LA teachers. :) Hmm, I don't know if it's something our subject area teachers have in common...I never really thought about it til now. I dunno - I guess I'd have to say I've worked with my share of hardasses across ALL the content areas. I don't know what kinds of run-ins you've had, but I think some of the "old school" teachers who do not have much (if any) training in special education just don't know (and don't want to know, in some cases) how to handle having special needs students in their rooms. Some are simply anal and expect all kids to learn the same way they did.

Hey, did you cheetahs see the thread in open discussion about Cathe Awards? I think we should have some for the cheetahs...anyone care to start?

Elaine, I loved SanFran we went that way alot. We also went to all of the mountains we were so close. DH loved that. Me, ehh, I was like ohhh seen the oldest tree in the US yaaawn. He loved it though! I was not as impressed w/LA as I thought I would be. I am a huge fan of gossip! Didn't see any stars! Saw them in LA's airport though! Anyway, I think I could've lived in DisneyLand at that point in my life and would've been miserable. But yes Cathy, I do feel most at home here in PA!
LD

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.