::::CHEETAHS::::Sunny Sunday!

Hi...back from brunch. I had a very veggie omelette. I usually make it at home w/egg whites, but they weren't set up for that. It tasted weird. Maybe it's the cold or just used to egg whites???

Carole ~ Great job on your run!!! :) June 23 sounds like enough time to get the pull up bar thing figured out! Thanks for asking me to join you. :) I had the squat rack that worked when I did try ABS/Core+. My dh left me high and dry. ha ha ;-) He did get me the bands w/the door attachment for P90X. :) I know, I was actually crying on Friday and Sat. watching the coverage. ;( He was a good man!

Christine ~ I would love to see you throw that bike into a ravine!!! LOL! I'm so sorry that happened to you! Boy, that was some typo I made 3 miles when I meant 3 hour ride! I read that Brenda does Iron Man competitions. Amazing! My physical therapist from my ankle injury did one as well. She was training when I was seeing her. Truly remarkable!! :eek:

Shelly ~ meant to say ~WTG on your race pace!~ That's taking it easy!?!?! :eek: }( :p

Lorie ~ I know I wouldn't have had the surgery just to have it. However, have to look at the positives, ya know? Hope you feel better today. Have fun on that swim. I always wanted to be a better swimmer. It is tough, isn't it?

OK, I think I better hit the urgent care. Not sure what we'll do as a family when I return? Kind of depends on the weather.

Have a nice day everyone!

Evening Cheetahs!

Well, I'm man enough to admit that I am exhausted :(. I almost fell asleep 4 times while driving the 10 miles home from work. As soon as I finish here I'm pouring myself right into bed.

Shelly - I hope you had a nice phone call with your bestest dad today! Holy moly, what a view!!! Okay, it's just plain sick to finish BM2 Scrambled Eggs and say that you "enjoyed it immensely" :p!

Gloria - Oh, I'm sure you'll keep those buggers in line ;)! Glad you had a good time at the bonfire...were there s'mores :9?? So, what did you end up doing workout-wise? Actually, the riding part was not so bad but getting *on*...yeowch!!!

Kath - WTG on the dropping body fat...YAY!!! I know that, for me, when I really get the eating under control the bf just melts away. I need to "borrow" you for motivation right now as I've been eating myself into oblivion the past 6 weeks :(, hence the kicked up workout schedule lately. Something has got to give! Thanks for sharing about your dad(s)...if you don't mind me asking, are you still in contact with either of them?

Wendy - Oh, hon, I'm so sorry that you had a crappy time at the party (I did catch your post in OD). I can see why it wouldn't have been all that enjoyable. I really wish I had some words of wisdom but I don't :(. Feel free to vent away anytime, about anything. Congrats on getting back to pre-A/C stats! Now, you know you're just being overly critical, dontcha??? I'm sure tomorrow's "official" stats will surprise ya!

Carole - IA with Shelly's compliment 100% and I agree with you!!! I'm sorry you've been missing your dad recently...you two must have had a wonderful relationship. Fantastic run today!!!

Dallas - I hope that nasty sinus infection clears up soon...poor thing!!! As I said to Gloria, the riding was fine but getting *on* was pure torture }(. You know, I find whole egg omlettes taste strange now, too. Love those whites! IA about Tim Russert..so sad and unexpected.

Lorie - How was your swim? I would love to start doing that again but just don't have the time or the availability :(. So, I hope AF is packing her bags soon.

Christine - Well, I passed the goofy stage in the morning and then it was downhill from there lol! Sorry to hear of your continuing bike troubles...maybe a sign that you'll be needing a new bike for that 65 miler? I hope you had a good time at the brunch!

Sorry guys but I've really got to get to bed. I have tomorrow off and will be spending it with DSO (he's taking the day off from work). I *might* slip in a shortish (4-6 mile) run before he comes over if I get enough sleep tonight and feel refreshed come morning. Nighty night ladies!

Kath: I am impressed with your clean eating. I have been on the dark side with that! LOL! Glad you are seeing the results. Thank you re: the shop. My DH is something special and I am a lucky gal!

Wendy: I posted to you on the open discussion. Great results!

Carole: ITA with what you said to Wendi! I am not a family person for many reasons. I WANT WANT WANT a Burrito Relleno! Mexican food is my absolute favorite. My DH has even said "why do we have to eat rice and beans all the time!" LOL! There was a traditional Mexican restaurant in Montana that was a dive, but had the BEST food I have ever eaten. Believe it or not, I can give a look that will make you want to crawl under the table! LOL! Really, I'm not that bad, but I've got to keep the reigns on those kids! :)

Dallas: Re: the mean face, see my post to Carole above. :) You are sweet for saying that about me though! I had one of the outdoor Itreads that I used and I just don't feel safe listening to my ipod outside running. I am not super observant as it is, so I use my ears to listen for traffic. Thank you for the information though. I am sorry you are not feeling the best and your brunch was less than you expected. Rest up there little lady! :)

Lorie: I am impressed you are a swimmer. That is a skill I do not possess. I can doggie paddle! LOL! I am out of my comfort zone in the water. I have no problem wading to fish and being in a boat, but swimming is something different. I will have to tackle this some day! :) Speaking of wading, when we were in Montana the rivers are bigger, faster, and there are a lot more slippery rocks. I had to say a mantra to get across some of them! I did get soaked once because the river was running so fast. Oh well. Good experience. I am happy to help in anyway I can with your dissertation. We have a good team in the fifth grade! You seem in better spirits today. Glad for that! :)

Shelly: Thank you for the kind words re: my DH's shop. I am just so happy he is being recognized for all his hard work. He pi@#es me off a lot (this morning in fact), but I think he is great! Great view! Can you see it from the fitness room? I just love cats. They are kind of like me in ways! It will be a hard job to talk DH into one, but he is becoming much more of a softy!

Christine: Thanks for the information. DH is concerned about me riding my bike on the road to school. He is worried about me getting hit by a car. I know I will be fine. We will see what happens with the car situation. That stinks about the bike. I LOL about you throwing it into the ravine! :) How frustrating! I have no doubt in your ability to do the race. I have a mountain bike that I am taking in tomorrow for maintainence.

Cathy: Hope your 6 miler was successful! Enjoy the LAST three days of school!

I ended up running 4 miles again and will walk tomorrow morning and do something in the afternoon. It is raining once again here. We are under a severe thunderstorm watch AGAIN! Sorry west coast cheetahs, but I am so sick of all this rain! Downstate MI is seeing flooding issues, but we are ok here. The rivers are all blown out so there is no fishing. Geez oh peets, cut us a break! Talk to y'all tomorrow!

i did go swimmimg. at first, i said i would only do half a mile (33 laps) then, if i didn't feel like anymore i would stop. once i got to about lap 15 i felt wonderful and ended up doing 100 laps which is a tad over a mile and a half. i really love swimming. it's so peaceful and so nice to have the pool to just the swimmers. i met a really nice lady at the pool who was also swimming. she was doing some yoga after her swim, so we started talking and i told her about eoin. i am going to loan her one of my dvds and we might even get together to do one. after that, another one of my friends came to swim. i have been wanting to set him up with my friend, hope, so i called her and she came over and we ended up hanging out by the pool until about 4:45. dean came as well. very nice day.

christine-i ended up taking aleve and it seemed to do the trick. it's just that i usually don't have cramps so i am a big baby when i do. sorry about the flat tire. that sucks!

carole-you should definitely try swimming! when my mom was visiting one summer, i took her. she said she couldn't swim, hated it, etc. so i just asked her to do a few laps and see how she felt. she ended up LOVING it and has continued swimming consistently for the past two years (and living in florida she can swim year round). definitely give it a try. i never did it until three years ago and now find it a great compliment to my other workouts.

dallas-i am definitely not a "good" swimmer. i just get out there, get my heart rate up, and enjoy myself. i find it so peaceful. you should give it a try!

wendi-the swim was great. yes, i am looking forward to af leaving ASAP!!!

gloria-i always thought swimming wasn't in my repotoire until i tried it. i say go on and give it a go! yes, i am definitely in better spirits today. that af...she can be a real beeyatch!

well, i think that about catches me up. hope you all are having a great evening.

Well, DH agreed to the bike, so I am getting a Cannondale - http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8RA96T.html It’s a very nice bike and I’m happy with it. It’s actually a step up from what I had. Rides like a dream, too. I cannot wait to pick it up on Friday (DH agreed but told me to put a down payment on it because he’d feel weird getting me an expensive bike on Father’s Day. As I can’t ride it until Friday anyway, I’m fine with that – he’s the money manager in the family – works out best that way, believe me :+). Brunch was nice with the whole family, but man that restaurant serves big portions – it’s intimidating. I got a salad that was good but the kids ordered sandwiches that were big enough to feed a small third world country. Wow. I ended up doing TT for amazing abs workout A, then adding most of Standing Abs from Steve Cotter’s Extreme Kettlebells, then doing one round of Interval X+ - that is fun and tough. THANKS WENDY for talking me into trying it! I enjoyed it.

Dallas – the pull up bar does wonders! I highly recommend one. You can get them from Amazon where they just fit in any doorway and are so easy to use and take down for about $40.00. I love mine! I fully admire anyone who does Ironmans!

Carole – Glad the dinner was great! Great job on the run!! The brunch was fun but way too much food. So sorry you’re missing you dad! It’s so tough to lose a parent, isn’t it? Especially one with whom you have such a wonderful relationship.

Wendi – Hope you get a really good night’s sleep! I an getting a new bike YIPEEE!!!! I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful time with DSO. He sounds like a sweetie taking the day off of work to spend with you!

Gloria – Good job on the 4 miles. Sorry to hear it’s raining again. I’ll be praying for it to stop soon. Not fun! Any time on the info. I’ve been riding for a long time – started off mountain biking right after I quit smoking about 12 years ago. I love cycling. I’m actually thrilled to be getting a new bike – one that works. I doubt DH knows what he agreed to – I will be hitting every long ride around the area! :p

Lorie – Glad to hear you’re feeling better. Good job on swimming a mile! Yeah! I love swimming – I just haven’t done it in a while. I should start again. After all, there is a pool in my backyard – it’s not like I don’t have access! :p

Have a great day all!

Late checkin for me :)

I needed to make a late call to my brother and sister.

Wendi: Yes I talk to adopted dad. Saw him tonight. He isn't too open with his emotions. I've learned to deal with it. He is a good man and provided me a good life. Regarding my bio-dad--my bio-siblings won't allow him to speak to me. I had one sister say she was "IN mourning after knowing about me" I just shrug my shoulders now .

Christine: A new bike??? I need to figure out how to support your bike race. I would be willing to donate a few pennies :)

Carole: Great job on the run. {{HUgs}} on you missing your dad.

I need sleep I think :)

Night cheetahs :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.