::: CHEETAHS ::: Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning (barely!), ladies :)

I have been up since 3. Feeling kind of headach-y and could not get back to sleep. Maybe a nap'll be in order later. I am supposed to get in a run + CTX upper body and ab work, but I am contemplating a rest day. I feel like I need one.

Carole :: I'm glad your heel has responded well to the treatment...So the way the metronome works, you have to match your footstrike with the beat of the metronome? Do I intrepret Chi then correctly when I say it advocates shorter strides and faster foot turnover?...I smiled when I read about your dad teaching you football and how that was your thing together...the time spent is what is treasured most; so many don't "get" that...Do you feel less tired today? Hope you have a good solo long run today!!

Seems a lot of cheetahs are pretty scarce this weekend, but hi to anyone checking in!

BTW, I heard from Barb (onedayatattime). She said to tell the rocking lovely cheetah ladies that she says hi and she misses us. She's still super busy but thinks of us whenever she runs or is cursing out Cathe on the TV screen. :)

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good Morning Cheetahs.

We had fun yesterday afternoon/evening at SIL's house. I ate too much bad food and indulged in a few Coronas as well. }(

Today I will be doing a circuit work out and then I have to clean up around here since we will be having some company later when my mom and her DBF come over in the afternoon.

I kept waking up this morning very confused. It took me a long time to figure out what day it was! If that were going to happen it would usually happen tomorrow (holiday/day off), not today. I have no idea why I was so out of it. I finally figured it out but then I had to use the bathroom and that was all she wrote so here I am.

Cathy: Sorry you've been up for so long and don't feel all that great. Perhaps a rest day and a nap are just what the dr ordered. Enjoy it!:)

I'll be back in a bit.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sorry about the headach-y insomnia...a nap later would be good! A rest day could be a good idea, or maybe ditch the original plan and pull out some workout that has a huge FUN factor...:)...I am still learning this whole metronome/cadence thing. Danny says that even if you run fast or slow your cadence should be about 85-90...Yes, you do match your foot stride to the metronome beat, so I am going to set it lower today and I will let you know how it goes. When I tried it friday at 85 I was taking shorter strides it seemed. Thanks, I have some incredible memories of my Dad, he had a great sense of humor...:) I am glad you heard from Barb!! And BTW where has Sunny been?

Wendy...nothing wrong with indulging in the bad food once in awhile. Sounds like you had a good time. Which circuit workout will you do? Sorry about your confusion, I do that on occasion, waking up and wondering what day it is...

My DH and I did some yard work yesterday. We are trying to get the timers and the sprinkler system working again so we don't have to turn it on manually. I also cut out these nasty wild blackberry vines that have taken over my azalea garden...hate those things!

I will be running about 12 miles I hope. I might have some company for some of the run as my DH will ride his bike. Hoping to get an early start!

Have a great day...:)

Good Day Ladies:) I didn't have time to do upperbody weights yesterday so I'll get that done this morning. Not sure what I'll do for cardio, maybe AllStep or Step and Intervals. The weather was perfect for the wedding yesterday, it was a nice day and we had fun. I spent most of the day with John's brother and I'm feeling very sentimental (in a good way) today, we talked more yesterday than we have in the last 10 years. My girls had a great time catching up with their relatives and getting to know their 8 year old cousin Gemma. As an extra added bonus a hot air balloon parade flew over the tennis club where the reception was, so cool. Among the 100+ balloons there was the Planter's peanuts guy, a space shuttle, a panda, humpty dumpty and an alarmingly low flying dog. If there's a good picture on Marley's camera, I'll post later.

Cathy, hope you can get a nap in, I'd be a mighty grumpy Cheetah if I woke at 3:00. A low key restful day is certainly in order. Thanks for the support yesterday, it helped:)

Wendy, awesome job on the run!! ^^^^5! I enjoyed 'bad' food yesterday too, the best was chocolate and red wine:9 :9

Carole, have fun working and playing with DH today! Nice to hear you remembering your Dad, I dare say he did a good job of passing is sense of humour to his lovely daughter:)

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning ladies,

i know it's been quite awhile since you've heard from me. thanks for asking about me carole:) . I am just super duper busy with working and my triathlon training and trying to fit in time for my family:eek: so i've cut back on internet time unless i am doing research (for work of course). I miss you all so much.

i will try to check in from time to time. glad to see everyone is doing great!!

until next time, take care:)

Sunny~

Good morning lovely cheetahs! I hope everyone's holiday weekend is going well! I missed a few days posting. I had a busy string of worknights and then a dear old friend of DHs showed up last night so we had a BBQ for him. Today they are taking off for NM. DH is helping him to relocate (not here) so I'll be on my own for about 5-6 days.

Yesterday I did end up running in a local 10k. This was a very TINY
race.... only a little over 30 runners total! I decided not to actually "race" this but to treat it as a paced training run so I hept my speed to a little under a 9 min/mile pace. I ended up finishing just under 55 min which is what I was shooting for. Even with that rather unimpressive time I came in 3rd overall for women.
It's nice participating in these small races now and then! I also did BM2 Scrambled eggs yesterday.... THAT was challenging!

Cathy- Sometimes when I'm not feeling too well exercising does help me feel better. Obviously you know what's best for you but you may want to try just getting started slowly and if you don't feel better after 10-15 minutes call it a rest day:) Anyway, whatever you do I hope it helps and you feel better!

Wendy- Congratulations on your awesome performance yesterday with your 5k!!!! It won't be long before your breaking that 30 minutes!
Are you doing another race tomorrow? I believe that was what you decided to do. If that's the case I'm surprised you are not resting!

Carole- I'm so happy to hear that your heel is better! I'd say getting the cadence right is the "hardest" thing about Chi running if you are not used to it. Fortunately I seemed to naturally have a cadence that was close to it anyway. How long is your run today?
Best of luck to you!

Laurie- Sounds like you had a very special family day yesterday! I would get a kick of seeing that pic is you are able to post one.
Hope you get in a good workout today... make up for some of those indulgences;-)

Got to get moving now and help send off DH and his friend. Then it'll be Amy's HL Ext and HSTA upper bod premix. I'll be working again tonight but only one shift this time:)

tata

ShellyC

Hey there ladies!

Cardio and Weights has been done for a while. Right now I am just taking a break from cleaning. I've "bleached" my kitchen and half of my bathroom. I need to finish the bathroom, vacuum and de-clutter and I'll be golden. I still have laudry-max to do but that never ends so I'm used to it. :p

Carole: Enjoy your run today. I hope DH goes with you. Sounds like you were busy with that yard work. I hate yard work so I make DH do it.:p

Laurie: Glad you had a nice time y'day. Great that you were able to have a heart to heart with your DH's brother. Sounds like you have a much better outlook this morning. I'm happy for you. :) So what work out did you decide on?

Sunny: Glad you decided to pop in girl! We miss you lots but ofcourse we understand how busy you are! You MUST come back after your Tri to let us know how it went! I'm so excited for you! My half training is going well. I am actually thinking of running a local half in October instead of waiting to run Phila in November!

Shelly: Congrats on the great finish in the race! Yes, I have another 5k tomorrow but it's a flat one so it shouldn't be bad. I was going to rest today but due to my schedule this coming week it worked it out better for me to just keep on movin' until after the race. I will rest on Tuesday-it's a better day.:)

Okay, time to get back to the bleach! LOL

BBL!:D

Happy Sunday Cheetahs!

I LOVE three day weekends. I’m feeling better. I’m thinking of getting in a light workout this morning - probably total body workout. We ended up getting our exercise with a 5 mile walk instead of lifting boxes. We made one trip to the dorm and that was all it really took with the dolly! DD18’s roomie is really nice, so I think they will get along well. She’s there, but will be home for a BBQ on Monday. When DD18 basically kicked us out (parents are sooo superfluous at 18!), we went into San Francisco and walked the waterfront. It was a gorgeous day, and we stopped here and there. They have a new place called The Market Place. Talk about upscale! They had a Caviar Café. Too funny. We went to the oyster bar and enjoyed an nice appetizer then we walked down to Pier 39 and I had a nice salad and a cup of clam chowder (soo not clean, but good). Then we walked back and stopped for a glass of wine. Then back to the car. It’s so beautiful there. I just love San Francisco.

Cathy- uh oh! Hope you’re not getting what I have! It started that way! I’m interestedin Chi Running, too. I’m going to see if I can find the book today. I haven’t heard from Barb in ages! I miss her!

Wendy - I hate when I wake up like that! And then figuring out that you CAN go back to sleep, and physically being wide awake. Not fun. Enjoy your circuit workout and your time with your mom and her DBF.

Carole - oh how fun, a 12 mile run with your DH on the bike! I’m going to see if I can pick up the Chi Running book today. I’ll go for a long run tomorrow. I love hearing about memories with parents. Thanks for sharing! And I agree with Laurie - he did a wonderful job at passing his sense of humor on to his fabulous daughter!

Laurie - Sounds like you had a fabulous time at the wedding! So cool about the balloon parade! Ever since I lived in Albuquerque which is known for ballooning, I love seeing them in the skies.

Sunny - So good to hear from you! When is your tri? How exciting! How is work coming along? Busy wowing all the clients?

Shelly - You crack me up - placing when you’re not even trying! Too funny! Nice of your DH to help his friend! I love BM2 Scrambled eggs. It’s one of my favorites premixes. Glad you enjoyed it!

Have a fab day everyone!!!

Laurie...ahhh...warm fuzzies with your comments about my getting my Dad's sense of humor, I often feel so blessed that we were so close...:)...Sounds like you all had a good time at the wedding. I remember when I felt a nice bond to my DH's brother, but over the years things have changed a bit. Hot air balloon pics would be great!

Sunny!!! Thanks for checking in...:)..I missed ya! I do understand how the internet time can take you away from other things. Good job on the tri training.

Shelly...now that is great...3rd place without really trying...:)..I could do that if I carried pepper spray...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/giggle1.gif[/img] Yes the cadence is tough. I think mine s normally around 80 so getting it to 85 will be fun! I went 12 miles today. I hope you will enjoy your time alone. Sounds like a good killer workout.

Wendy..isn't that the truth about the never ending laundry! Good job with C&W...for some reason that is not a favorite of mine. I like yard work most of the time. But with painting inside, it is hard to find the time outside.

Christine..Glad things are going good for your DD18 and her roomie. I have to say, I love Pier 39!! Sounds like you had a very nice day in SF. More warm fuzzies from you about my Dad...I share things about my Dad all the time it seems. He was just a great guy.....:)..I will be interested in what you think of Chi running. I think it has helped me a lot.

Well, my DH and Sadie did the 1st 5 miles with me. It was nice to have the company. I set my metronome at 80 to start. It felt very comfortable, so about 6 miles I upped it to 81. It was amazing how consistent it made me keep my pace. And guess what?..I ran the fastest pace for 12 miles that I had in a very long time...http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/10.gif[/img]

Carole - great!! Now I'm really interested! I have a metronome from my DD14's music lessons. I guess it makes sense. I'm going to pick up the book today!

I ended up doing Rythmic Step. Decided I wasn't up for lifting. Wow - is that a fun one! I really enjoyed it today, so I guess it was just what the doctor ordered. Well, off to go grocery shopping, get my nails done and get Chi Running!

Enjoy everyone!

Hey all, had a great workout this a.m. with Gay Gasper's Infused Step, the choreography and music a really fun, after that was B-Max2 upperbodyx2 and abs. I was hoping to post personals but I used up all of my time uploading pics from the wedding :)

Me and My little Loverlies

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/LaurPic/RobinChrissWedding004.jpg

Faith and Balloons

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/LaurPic/RobinChrissWedding036.jpg

Marley and Balloons

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/LaurPic/RobinChrissWedding041.jpg

Elizabeth and Balloons
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/LaurPic/RobinChrissWedding038.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/LaurPic/RobinChrissWedding062.jpg

Dangerously Low Flying Dog!! :0
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/LaurPic/RobinChrissWedding066.jpg

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Ladies. I'm off to a BBQ tonight. A friend of mine is forcing me to 'network'. Should be fun!

Take Care
Laurie

Nice pictures Laurie!

Carole- So the metronome really does help! cool! Hi five on 12 miles!

Cathy- I hope your are feeling better, especially with school starting in a two days... Thanks for the food/ friend compliment :)... I miss Barb too and have thought of sending her an e-mail.

Wendy- Sounds like you had a fun evening :) ... DH and I went to a restaurant /wine bar and had a light dinner and a good bottle of wine. Later today we are meeting some friends at a lakeside bar for a drink to watch the sunset on Lake Ontario.

Sunny- I understand about internet time. I have cut back myself and need to get off in a minute here....

Elaine- foot update please.

Today I did a 3.5 mile run and played golf ( remember: golf is a six mile walk with lots of golf swings)

I do not think I will start p90X this week because starting on Thursday I will be in Las Vegas for 4 nights. I will just try to do total body once before I leave and abs twice. And I will get in 3 runs this week (Su, Tue, Thur) also. I hope to finish Harry Potter 7 on the trip. This summer I read HP 5 & 6& now 7!

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy Likes2bfit"[/font]

sorry so quick lately!

I wanted to say hello to all of my fabulous Cheetahs!!!!!

As for my working out - I need to start teaching again this week - so my body will get on a 5AM workout schedule again.

I haven't really been working out! :(

I have my first road race coming up next Sunday - a September 11th fundraiser. I am not in it to win, but to have fun!

Take care everyone! Enjoy your long weekend!

Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

Good Evening!

Got the book, Chi Running, and I agree. It make sense. So, I’m going to start practicing tomorrow on my run. Funny thing, all of the warm up exercises he has you do, I learned in Tai Chi. I may end up going back to Tai Chi to work on some of the principals. I’m excited about this.

Funny story – went to Barnes and Noble to see if they would have the book (I am boycotting Amazon which makes things inconvenient at times). I was in the Fitness and exercise area, found Chi Walking, but not Chi Running. I was SOOO bummed. Then I noticed a sports section and thought, “Hmm, I wonder…” And after some looking, I found it, with a ton of other running books. So, I guess what we do is a sport, not exercise. Made me feel pretty cool!

Laurie – I love the photos of your gorgeous daughters, and of course, gorgeous you. I love the shots of the balloons, too. Brings back some great memories! Thanks for sharing.

Judy – Oh, I hope you enjoy HP 7. I did. No spoilers from me. Sounds like a good workout you got! Thanks for getting everyone interested in Chi Running! I can’t wait to really start.

Amy – I think the best road races are the ones you do not go in to win, but to have fun! Enjoy! That’s next weekend isn’t it? Too cool!!

Another day off tomorrow WHOOO-HOOO!!!!

Good evening ladies,
I am checking in pretty late today. I had a very busy day. We went to church and then went to Red Lobster for a family brunch. It was so YUMMY!!!! I have to cut back on my calories a bit though. I think I have gained about 3lbs, OOPS! I ran 3 miles yesterday and then did 3 miles today as well. I ended up doing 15 miles this week. It felt so good to cross train and not do so much step. I also got some new running shoes. I ended up with MIZUNO. They feel great!!! So, I am back to being a cheetah}(

I have pics of Mariahs first day that I promise I will post tomorrow, I promise.

I got my CHI running book and it is so interesting. I find that I have always run heel to toe. That will be hard for me to break. I am looking forward to reading this book and incorporating some of his technique into mine. I do run mostly on the treadmill and I don't think this guy is to keen on that.

Carole, that is great that you are running pain free and that your heel is okay.

Cathy, good for you for taking a day off. I will do that tomorrow, I think, or maybe just do upper body. I was looking through my Cathe pics today and seeing you made me smile. I so enjoyed spending time with you. You are way too cool.

Wendy, if you stop eating crap, I will, deal???? CAn we wait until Tuesday though}(

Laurie, I cannot believe that those are your girls. They are so grown up. You must be so proud of them. And, you are gorgouse!!!

Sunny, nice to hear from you. I have been MIA a little bit too. Sometimes life just gets in the way of our cheetah time,dangit!

Shelly, you make me smile. I can just picture you waking up this morning and deciding to do a race just like that. You are a bundle of energy. I can still remember you ready to conquer the world after each of your workouts on the trip. You are an inspiration:)

Christine, I also LOVE rhythmic step. So, are you sick of the 100 degree heat yet? It got to 107 here on Tuesday. At least you guys have a pool:)

Judy, wow, I had no idea that golfers walked that much. You burned a lot of calories today.

Amy, you will do great in your race. How long is it?

Well ladies, I am off to watch Beethoven the 4th with my girlies. Have a great night!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.