::::: CHEETAHS ::::: Sun., March 11

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs :)

I have been up since an ungodly hour...I woke up with the ol' back aching like hell and was not able to get back to sleep. I noticed it hurting a bit again after ARX last night. For some reason, I think on that one I wind up straining my hip flexors and lower back instead of working my core. I imagine I am doing something wrong...

I'm also considering another theory...I went back & re-read the literature on the meds I'm currently taking (isotretonoin for adult acne)...It has a number of side effects, and since the doc upped my dosage about 10 days ago, I seem to be experiencing more of them. Specifically, I get headachy after I take the meds (twice a day)-- that's not so bad, I can live with that -- but I have also been feeling especially fatigued, and THAT bothers me. Although I had a couple of long days last week, a lot of the stress I was feeling recently has calmed down, so I don't think what I've been feeling is a "normal" tiredness that one would experience occasionally. Granted, my work schedule threw off my rotation a bit this week, but I also really had to FORCE the workouts. I don't like that. The other aspect that caught my eye: vigorous exercise can bring on muscle & joint aches, and I *have* been having those lately. So, I'm wondering if my back/neck have been particularly sensitive and slow to recover because of it. I guess these are just some thoughts "out loud." All I know for sure is that I'm seeing increased side effects since the scrip adjustment, and I'm hoping they ease up soon.

Sheesh, how's that for an early morning saga? *lol*

The good news is my eating has been good this weekend...I feel I am detoxed from the junk & back on track. One of my friends kept texting me to come out and have some drinks last night but I opted not to. Although I try not to become so obsessed that I turn down social invites just to avoid food/drink temptations, this time I had to.

Now I'm off to read yesterday's posts. Be back for personals!

Have a great Sunday, ladies! :)

Hey, I just noticed I got yesterday’s date wrong (something different for me, eh?) *lol* Sorry! If I keep this up, I’ll be banned from starting the thread!

Judy :: wow, your HR was really up there for your walk, but then again, that was a heckuva pace you had goin’ there. Hope you enjoyed getting together with the family.

Gayle :: I really like Rodney Yee. I could do without seeing a man in a leotard, but he knows his stuff and doesn’t annoy me. *lol* Yoga Burn sounds like a good one.

Jess :: AWESOME on the 7.5 miler!…Re: resisting BBC, I don’t have a very good track record for practicing restraint these days, do I? *lol* But I think a good solution is the one I mentioned yesterday (passing it on to my family when they ask for b-day present hints – that’d be perfect!) as it’s not that long to wait.

Shelly :: great pic of your running route…It struck me how different the scenery must be for each of us…I think it would be cool if we all posted a pic along our favorite running route! Hope you had a great run!

Susan :: good job only buying one necklace!

Christine :: I know what you mean – I’m feeling a little soft, too!

Jackie :: I used the GPS to find a new place yesterday and it got it ALL WRONG! Does that happen sometimes with your husband’s device also?…Sounds like a beautiful day for a run yesterday.

Sunny :: Hope you had a great time with DH last night – where did you wind up going?…Thanks for the boost – yes, things got *really* scrambled this past week and I’m doing my best to make it all up, but I’m not sure yet what I’m doing today. There are so many scribbles and arrows on my calendar, it's hard to read it! So, I have to go study it and figure out what I missed. I think in the end I will be short one ARX session for the week, but since it is exacerbating the back situation, I don’t think it’s so bad to miss one of ‘em. I must say that I do like having Sunday now as the last day of my rotation (it felt a little weird at first) – it gives me two weekend days to “catch up” if something goes awry like it did this week.

Carole :: nice that you got in some sun time!! We had some nice warm temps here as well – into the 50s. Hey, for Jersey, this is good! :)

Wendy :: how was your night out? Did you & friend go country line dancing?

Laura :: I did not manage to get in a Fluidity session yet this week…I’d hoped I’d get to it yesterday but it was just too late…(Did I mention I spent close to TWO hours on the phone with T-Mobile tech support??)…I think I really have to examine my schedule and see if there is some way I can handle doing maybe two AM workouts before school. Fluidity would be something I could handle at 4 am, I think. I usually like that early-morning time to read the paper or catch up on email and check in with the forums, but maybe I need to sacrifice that a couple mornings a week to be able to fit this all in a little better…Good luck with the house decisions!

In my post to Sunny, I mentioned that I’m not sure what I’m doing yet today. I hesitate to post a tentative plan because nearly every day this week, whatever I posted about in the morning is NOT what happened in the evening. *lol* This is why rotations are such a challenge for me – I’m a last-minute change-up artist and like to go by how I feel.

~Cathy :)

Those who indulge...bulge!

http://www.cartooncottage.com/images/scalestranslil.gif

Hey, Cathy! What was the 'ungodly hour'??? lol. I'm curious just how early you were up! And was it before or after the time change? LOL. Seriously, I hope you're able to pinpoint the source or cause of the aches and pains. Hopefully it's a simple switch in med or dosage!!!! Enjoy whatever workout you decide to do!

As for me, I was up early, but not as early as I wanted to be. I had my 11 mile long run and I wanted to get it over with before the boys woke up. I had no choice, really, but to do the 11 on the TM. So I did iTread 8 for the first 60 minutes (just over 6 miles) and then pretty much ran a tempo run for the last 5 miles. Followed that up with a good ol' stretch! Felt great.

I'm enjoying my smoothie/recovery drink and will get in the shower in a bit. My friend/neighbor and I are going to a Basket Bingo at noon. My mom, if she's feeling up to it, will come over and play with the boys. The weather is warm for a few days, so the boys and I have been shooting hoops and throwing baseball to get ready for the Spring season!

On Rodney Yee....I was at his website last night and he's got some good stuff out that I'm keeping my eye on. I think a new Power Yoga DVD will make an awesome reward for hitting my goal weight.

Oh...and forgot to mention that I started out at Sparkpeople.com yesterday. I really like that site....do any of you guys use it???

WOW...I'm chatty. Must be all these endorphins shooting thru my body! LOL

BBL, perhaps after Bingo. Maybe I'll get lucky and walk away a winner!

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sorry about your insomnia...:(...maybe you can get in a nap later! Also that is crappy about the side effects from the med. I found a message board about Accutane if that is any help... http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showforum=46 The good news is about your eating. Good job and that really can make a difference in how you feel. We are having a warming trend for a few days. It felt good to be outside and also to have the doors and windows open to let in all the fresh air...:)

Wendy...so how was the night out???...:)

Gayle...good job on your 11 miles, I hope to get up to that distance soon! Have fun playing Bingo...I have a game on my PC...

I am going to do a 5-6 mile run to see how things feel. I might also add some abs and some EXT as I downloaded some iTreads last night...

Have a great day...:)

Edited to add....I went to Casa Ramos for my neices B-Day last night and I had NO chips!!!! First time ever for something like that. And the Sante Fe Chicken salad without chicken was very tasty...:)

Good morning everyone!

Rest day for me!

Gayle - Glad weigh in wasn't so bad.

Sunny - I'm only doing BBC for a week.
M - Arms & Abs - Run
T - Legs & Butt - Ellip
W - Run
T - Shoulders & Back - Cardio
F - Chest & Abs - Ellip
S - Run

Laura - Great run outside!

Cathy - You are forgiven on the date. Haven't heard SO complain about being lost. He does complain about the maps not being linked from one state to the other. He lives in one state but has to do a lot of work in another.

We went to see 300 last night. SO loved it. I hated it. Too much testerone in one room for me. It wasn't a good sign when the guys were coming in groups. Oy!!

Forgive me for rushing through but I must get to church. Don't want to be late.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jackie

Good morning everyone..... where is everyone BTW? It's unusually slow here in cheetahville even for a Sunday! Is everyone all cranky from losing an hours sleep? Not this Arizona cheetah:) We don't put up with none of that clock changing nonsense!

Susan- fell of the clean eating wagon a little? Not to worry, with your overall fitness level you've done next to no damage at all I'm certain:) How is your back feeling today after yesterdays DM?

Christine- You had a great killer workout yesterday.... I am impressed! SSPP upperbody blast and a killer spinnervals? wooohoo
I dont see at all how anyone can claim that spinning doesn't work out your legs well!! I guess your DH is back now?:7 :7 :7

Jackie- Great job on your 7 miles!!! I haven't tried any of the iTread outdoors yet. I've been reluctant because I so love listening to my iPod!

Gayle- Congratulations on your successful weigh in! With your running/training schedule I have no doubt you'll be reaching your goal soon:7 Hey, I don't really think you'd want to join me on running route of yesterday.... no potties! Unless you count a lot of very large juniper bushes;-) Fantastic job on getting in 11 miles
on a TM :eek:

SunnyD- I'll bet Imax2 is a walk in the park for you now! Did you have a nice date last night with your DH?

Carole- I guess your hip is feeling better after your break since you're running today!!! Best of luck to you and I want to hear how it goes!!!! Congratulations on abstaining from the chips!

Laura- Good job.... 4+ miles. That's an accomplishment when you haven't been running outdoors for a while!

Cathy- Sorry your back is aching you so much!! ARX does emphasize the hip flexors alot more than other ab workouts. Muscle aches are not an unusual side effect of many medications and I would be particularly suspicious also since your dosage was increased. I hope it eases up some on you today and you can get in a workout.

Well, enough babble... for today I'll be doing HSTA but with increased cardio portions. I was going to insert EXT intervals but I still feel like running. The legs are feeling fine after yesterdays 10 miles so I'll insert 10 minute moderate paced running on the TM.

Later y'all!

ShellyC

Hi All!

Nice to have DH back. He had two shot of espresso and managed to stay up the day! As Carole says, first time for everything. We ended up going into the little town of Saratoga (love that town) and sitting outside with a glass of wine and just catching up. Then we went out to dinner at Elephant Bar (if you don’t have one, it’s kind of like Applebee’s went on a safari, but the menu is more extensive and exotic). I had Pad Thai – yum!! So it was a nice day. Today we’ll probably take a hike as it’s gorgeous here, although DH did take an Ambien around 2AM, so he may sleep late. If he does, I’m not sure what I’ll do – maybe a bike ride outside.

Cathy – sorry you’re suffering from insomnia. Especially on a weekend when you CAN sleep in! ARX does seem to work my hip flexors more – I have pretty strong lower back, so I don’t feel it there, but my hip flexors simply ache! That why I don’t do it more than once a week, even when I’m doing an X rotation. Hope you find out what’s causing the aches and pains! {{{HUGS}}} What’s funny is that I’m typically really good at following a rotation – at least for a few weeks. And I like knowing what I’m going to be doing that morning so I don’t have to think about it, but lately I’ve been “winging” it and I’m enjoying that too. *shrugs*

Gayle – great job at getting in the 11 miles this morning on a TM!! WOW!! I’m impressed. I use Sparkpeople. I simply love it. It’s easy to use and the community is friendly. Enjoy those enorphins!

Carole – I’m thinking of you on your run! I have my fingers crossed! Great job on the NO CHIPS!!! I’m really impressed.

Jackie – sounds like you have a great week on tap! Enjoy your rest day! I don’t think I’d like 300 either.

Shelly – I’ve been laughing at all the hoopla surrounding the time change. I’ll be up early tomorrow – a bit tired, but up non-the-less. Your workout sounds wonderful! Have fun! I love HSTA and changing up the cardio – or adding to it – would make for a fabulous workout!

Well, DH is up, surprisingly! So, I guess we’ll be going hiking. Yea! I’ve been biking enough lately, it will be good to switch things up!

HI ~~Cheetahs~~

Cathy~~~ Hopefully by paying attention to your meds diet and symptoms you can pin point a trigger. You seem to be very in tune with your body, so perhaps you can make some progress in eliminating the back issue? Hopefully!

Gayle~~~ Wow 11 miles on the TM ! amaazzzzzzing!!! This reminds me of a quote I just read from Runner's World Oct06:

"Discipline is doing what you don't want to do so you can do what you really want to do. Got that?" Jeff Fisher, NFL Head coach, Tenessee Titans

^^^ so true!

Jackie~~~ Your WO plan looks very balanced and sufficiently challenging for the week!

Carole~~ Hi five on the no chips ! I can't say the same. Especially at the party yesterday. The chips, not healthy ones, were out with guacamole and a corn salsa called 'cowboy caviar' that was yummy. Today is another day....

Today is DOR but I will do some foam rolling. Have a good Sunday!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Jackie....I have not heard of 300?...a Movie?

Judy...it was funny, on the way to the restaurant last night I thought of you cheetahs and also "what if I ate no chips?" like, could I do it?...I was proud of myself...:)...Enjoy the foam roller.

Shelly...honestly it was killing me not to run! I mostly felt it in my right glute during the run. I am very jealous of you in Arizona not changing the time....I mean WTH!!!! Who is in charge of this anyways!!!

Christine...sounds like a nice reunion with your DH...:)..I am envious! The no chips actually shocked me a bit...:)..Enjoy your hike with DH today.

I made about 5.2 miles, very slow (11 min pace) but it felt so good to get outside and run! I came home and did a 40 min iTread, CTX abs from Leaner Legs and Kickbox and then the stability ball stretch from Stretchmax. I had some pain during the run in my right glute/hamstring. I know my massage tomorrow is very strongly needed!

Hey cheetahs!
A quick check-in for me...I did read the posts but will have to catch up with personals in the AM. Forgive me, but I have to finish up a project for class. It seems, though, that a lot of other cheetahs must be busy, too!

Got in a 3 mile run (outside--yeah!), some legwork, Rodney Yee's Yoga for Athletes, and Fluidity's Seat & Thigh. I tried to do a CoreMax mix & match but it hurt, so I had to bag it.

I decided NOT to do Yoga X since it's on the rotation for tomorrow (hard to believe week 4 starts tomorrow). It will definitely be a modified recovery week as I will be skiing all day Friday and Saturday and half a day on Sunday. I can't wait!!

OK ladies, have a great night!
Cathy :)

Hey Ladies! Did you wonder where I disappeared to today? LOL

I had a pretty drastic change of plans last night that had me out until 5am this morning!:eek: I got about 3 hours of sleep and then had to head out the door for a waxing appointment, etc. I just got home a short time ago. I was at my mom's this afternoon since I had to pick up DS and was able to catch a nap there. If not for that nap I would have fallen over hours ago! LOLOL

So anyway my dancing plan fell through. The babysitter my friend had lined up fell ill and there was no one else that could do it on such short notice so.......I end up going........to.........a..........(you are never going to believe this! LOL)..............BACHELOR PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!! :7 }( :7 }( :7
It was me, 3 other girls and about 8 guys. They rented a party bus and we went to a *ahem* bar. (got me? ;) ) I had never to been to a *ahem* bar before and was quite nervous about it. I almost didn't go out but I was not going to stay home last night. I REFUSED! LOL I ended up having a blast. I'm glad I went. :) So how did I end up going to a bachelor party you ask? The best man in this wedding is a very close friend of mine. He had mentioned it to me a couple of weeks ago and told me I could should go. I hadn't planned on it because I was afraid to go to a *ahem* bar but when my plans fell through he reiterated the offer and I had to take it at that point. Since there were other women going, it wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it might be.

Okay, now that your image of me is probably totally blown, I will shut up now. I'm tired...I need to go to sleep! LOL I hope y'all are still talking to me in the morning!:p

Night!:7

Judy - Like that quote from Jeff Fisher. It definitely makes sense.

Shelley - Must be nice not to have to deal with the time change. Don't think I'm too cranky today but tomorrow will be another story when I'm getting up at 4:30 am. UGH!! Hope you enjoyed your workout.

Christine - Glad you and dh enjoyed your time together. Did you get the hike in?

Carole - Yes, 300 is a movie. I had never heard of it until yesterday and wish I still hadn't heard of it. SO owes me a chick flick big time! Great job on the run!

Cathy - Nice workout!

Wendy - Sounds like you had a swinging good time last night! Did you do any tipping? Glad you survived.

Marcia - How did the weekend go for you?

I have to go and see if I can adjust to going to bed with the new time change.

Have a good night.

Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.