:::: CHEETAHS :::: Saturday, July 7th

hello,

got another run in today. that makes 5 days for me this week. I havent ever ran5 days in one week. I am on vacation though and thought I would shock my body doing something it hasnt done before. I know I run but never that many days in a row. I mananged to get in 25 miles this week and one day of bootcamp too. I am feeling my butt.It is so sore today..

cathy- I like your names your considering. I sometimes think of changing mine also.

the house is quite,hubby andkids are gone so I think I will sneek in a nap! chow!

Afternoon, cheetahs :)

DM cardio & u/b premix done. Felt the football drills at the end more than usual. Whoo, love that workout!

Amy :: I don’t know how your weekly mileage breaks down, but if you are doing, say, 4 mile runs 4x a week, I wouldn’t jump up to 5 miles for each of those runs as that would be a 25% increase. (That might not’ve been your plan, but I wasn’t sure. Just tryin’ to save a fellow cheetah an injury!) If you are currently putting in 16 miles/week, then next week you would not want to exceed roughly 17.5 miles. *How* you choose to add that mile-and-a-half is up to you, whether you spread it out or add it to your long run. You can also approach it by adding increments of time rather than distance.

Sunny :: nice job on the speedy 5K! Thank you for the input on the names! :) No, I do not use any recovery drinks – sorry I can’t help. My post-workout beverage of choice is either skim milk or a protein smoothie. I’ve read in recent months that chocolate milk is supposed to be a good recovery drink.

Wendy :: so what is the iTRI workout – a triathlon workout? I can just picture you conquering that next!

Laura :: hope you enjoyed your nap!

Cathy :)

Hi Folks.

I have some friends on their way over and soon after they get here we will be heading out for some dinner. :9

Amy: The tat is healing great. It's in the dry/peely stage now. YUCK! LOL

Cathy: ITri is part tm, part elliptical and part stationary or spin bike work out. I have NO intentions of training for a triathalon, btw. I am a TERRIBLE swimmer and haven't ridden a REAL bike in YEARS! LOL Thanks for the vote of confidence though!;)

I have forgone my 2nd dose of arthritis med this evening in order to be able to have a few drinks tonight and enjoy myself. I am actually tipping back a Coors Light right now! Sorry Cathy but DH bought the beer, not me! LOL I know I am slowing the "healing" process down by skipping a dose but I'm not driving tonight so I'd like to have a couple of drinks and I can't do that if I take the dang med!x(

Hmmm...my friend called up about 30 mins ago to ask for an exit #. He was probably only 15 minutes from the house but is not here yet...he's probably held up in that summer weekend shore traffic...ACK! Better him then me! LOL :p

Hi Cheetahs! I'm really late today.

Sunny - How are the legs today? I really like the iTread #20. Thinking about using it for my 5K tomorrow. Sorry the boot camp class was so boring. I don't blame you for not training male clients in their home. Too many weirdos out there these days.

Cathy - Getting a nice massage and going to the chiro is definitely a big difference. LOL!! Hope chiro visits help. Glad you enjoyed the new restaurant. Interesting how you came up with your screen name. I just took parts of my first, middle and last name. I wasn't creative at all. For some reason I like runnin_teach and cheetahlicious.

Wendy - Things ok with you and dh now? What movie did you watch. Laughing at your comment about trying shoes for years to come to find the right fit. Hope the neck feels better. Glad you decided not to train this guy.

Laurie - Hope the coffee helped this morning.:) Sounds like you had an enjoyable evening. Glad to hear the thumb is healing.

Carole - Glad the heat and humidity is a little better for you. Hope you enjoyed the workout of choice.

Jess - Thanks for sharing the pics. Allison looks like she had a great time. Enjoy the cookout tonight.

Amy - Enjoy your night out.

I took today as a rest day. At least, I took a semi-rest day. Got up and walked 3 miles with DBF. He wanted to go and check out the course where I'll be running my 5K tomorrow. It doesn't look too hard. They had trails there too and we walked a few minutes on one of the them. At least, the course tomorrow will be nice and shady and the race starts at 7:00 am. After our walk, we had breakfast at IHOP. While we were driving around, I discovered a new massage place that just opened. It turned out to be one of the franchises I had a massage at in Jacksonville, FL. Right now they're offering massages for $39 for the first visit. Will definitely check them out before the month is out.

Gotta run. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday.

Jackie

Laurie...have fun with Mowmax!

Jess..great job on L&G leg blaster and then a run!

Wendy...I got one of my 3 iTrains. I have not decided on the others yet. Sounds like a fun evening planned.

Cathy....Oh my...did you not know in a Chiro office you never say the word "Cracked"....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/scared2.gif[/img]...just had to be silly for a minute. I like Runnin_Teach myself. But runurbootyoff is also cute...:)..I love those FB drills in DM.

Amy...the fish was great. Not sure what spices my DH used but they were tasty. Good job on the 3 miles, especially this time of the month.

Sunny...it has always been a constant battle getting my DH to workout. I seem to be the only one with OCD when it comes to exercise! Good job on your TM PR..:)

Laura...5 runs this week?...you should be marathon training...:)...j/k.

Jackie...so a 5K race on tap for tomorrow?..cool...:)..A massage for $39. I would for sure have one of those. I love massages. Good luck tomorrow...

I did one of the Circuit premixes on KPC/L&G, then C&W abs. A short but nice workout...

jackie- good luck with your race tomorrow!

carole- yea, i know the feeling. because of waiting for him, we haven't worked out yet:(

wendy- i have both of the itri's. haven't tried either one yet but planning on it real soon. enjoy your night out.

cathy- i know you asked wendy, however i am seriously toying with the idea of a triathlon. there is a all women sprint one in oct. that i am considering. if i can learn how to swim first, lol.

have a great night ladies

:)

Hey!:) I slept from 11:30 until 8:10 this morning and feel really good today! A rarity but much appreciated. Had a nice day yesterday, shopped the farmer's market after work, we've been making the most of the local strawberries but they're almost done. I'm not looking forward to getting back to the fist sized, white fleshed, GMO berries that we usually see in the grocery store. My 16 year old Marley started dating a 17 year old named Marty (Marley and Marty, isn't that too cute for words:D ), he's been around for little visits but was here all afternoon, for dinner and through the evening. I really like him, his Momma raised him right, he's smart, respectful, funny and perks up whenever we're talking about Marley:) Nice to have SOME male energy in our Girleyland home:). I'm gonna finish my coffee and go bash around some local trails on my bike. Hopefully we'll be packing up later to hit the beach with some friends.

Cathy, hope the chiro helps you. It really is a strange experience at first. The more relaxed I am, the better the adjustment. Glad you decided on a screen name but you'll always be 'seeking_guns' to me:7

Jackie, have a great 5k tomorrow, we're cheering you on. I'd be in the poor house if we charged $39 per massage as I'm on commission. We charge $70 at the clinic and $85 at the spa, $39 is a steal!

I hate to cut the personal short but it's going on 9:00 and I need to get my butt in the saddle or I'll run out of time.

Have a great Sunday Cheetah Babes:)

Take Care
Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.