::: CHEETAHS ::: Saturday...happiness runs

Good Afternoon Cheetah Babes!:)

I bought lots of stuff at Kohls but not one darned Christmas gift!}( :p :7 I am actually probably going to go back in a bit as I forgot to get something for DS and with the sales as awesome as they were, I don't want to pass it up. The lines weren't bad anyway so why not, right? :)

Christine: Glad you enjoyed the meal and the company last night. So which work out did you decide upon?

Cathy: Oh my gosh did I have fun at Kohl's! I spent over $150.00 and didn't buy a single gift!:p Do you feel better about the shopping you did yesterday now? ;) LOL

Lorie: Yes, the bosu should certainly help you get better balance if you use it regularly and as it does, it will strengthen and tone all of the muscles that are firing when you are fighting to keep yourself steady.

Shelly: I can't wait to hear about the LV Cheetah HM! I'm so excited for you ladies! Who is going besides you and Carol? Has Lorie decided to go yet??

Linda: OMG, so sorry about your fall! I'm just glad you are OKAY.(((HUGS!!!))) I guess you won't ever try THAT trick again, huh? LOL

Jackie: Glad to hear the legs are on the upswing. I was amazed at how awful sore mine were after the half. I didn't experience that with my 10 mile training run yet with the half...holy crap they hurt! LOL

So I want to thank everyone for their words of encouragement and kindess in regards to tomorrow's race! You all made very good points and I am keeping every one of them in mind. I think it was Lorie who said that she knows I will be disappointed and regret my choice if I back out of the race due to nerves/fear and she is 100% right! I ran a friggin' HM for goodness sake! This race is 4 miles SHORTER! What are a few hills, right!?!? Nothing I can't handle. I am bringing a sports drink instead of plain water to combat cramping and had no plans on going for speed. I figured I'd tackle it the same way I tackled the half with the run/walk intervals. If I feel I can do more once I get into it then I can go for it or even back off if I find the hills are too tiring. So what does this all mean??? I have no idea!!! LOL No, actually, I am going to do my yoga as planned today, that way when I wake up in the morning and decide that I want to go for it, I won't have to worry about having sore or tired legs. If I STILL opt out of it for any reason (at this point I am hoping not to though!), then I can do whatever work out I want w/no worries as well. Thanks again Cheetahs! You ladies rock! :+

hi again ladies,

thanks for being so understanding regarding personals...i just feel so bad when i can't do them sometimes.

so today i did legs and because i waited so long to start i missed the spin class. (dh said he was too tired to gox( ) so i didn't sweat i just decided to try amy's KBX and didn't like it one bitx( x( . i stopped trying after about 12 mins. since i didn't feel like i got in a good workout i went for the bag portion and again was disappointed. i didn't think her lack of form would bother me but it did. Also i found it so overcherographed with moves that had nothing to do with kb'ing. oh well, you won't know how you feel about something until you give it a try.

wendy- i am sure you will make the right decision for you, tomorrow morning:) . i have the same bosu workout as you. i've tried the lowerbody portion only once so far.

cathy-thanks for the pm.

lorie- i am in love with nick's voice...lol.

christine- i ordered the new iron girl with strength training and yoga and also a iron girl with cycling and a full body workout. i really hope i enjoy these. i plan on using these to help when i do a tri next year.

jackie- thanks for the boost of confidence. i need it! i got that itread but have yet to try it. thanks for the review.

shelly- dh wouldn't survive a spin class, lol. so when is your marathon and how many have you completed already?

judy- yes i am! you are having some awesome runs!!

carole- enjoy your kb'ing workout of choice today!

have a great evening ladies...i am actually getting to go out with a girlfriend of mine. we are going to a comedy show!!

I just finished Journey Into Power 2 by Baron. I was toying with doing some cardio but I am going to nixx it. I am not taking true and complete rest days every week like I used to so my yoga days are as close as I come so I need to leave them at JUST yoga. :)

Sunny: No worries on the personals front. I've had my share of personal-less days too. We all feel bad when we can't do personals but no one here gets mad as it can happen to all of us. Have fun at the comedy show tonight. They are fun!!!:)

I guess I should get into the shower now. I'll still have time to go back to Kohl's if I don't goof off for too long.

BBL!

Wendy- We are behind you either way!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Lorie :: yes, the BOSU is all about balance. It would definitely help you in that dept.

Linda :: So sorry about your spill on the ‘mill…I’m glad you weren’t seriously injured, although it does sound like you’ll have a badge of honor there on your shin…Hey, at least it happened in the privacy of your own home!…good idea to use the BOSU with other step w/outs as well. I can see it adding a whole new dimension to BS/CF.

Jackie :: I definitely liked working out with Keith better than the iFit robot. I did the beginner one, which was too easy to repeat. I worked at a quicker pace to make it challenging...On the other hand, it was TOUGH when Keith was pushing up to level 4 and 5 to try and stick with the beat…It is great not getting tangled in cords. I always run the wires down the back of my shirt, but then they get stuck to me…You’d think somebody would invent something to clip the wires to your shirt or something…The massage was great…We went in at the same time, so we chatted the whole time. It was BF’s first ever massage – she’s hooked. iTread #22 sounds fun…I see a new addiction in the making…:)

Wendy :: WTG on the deals at Kohl’s…I’m glad you found some things you like…All right, we know you – you’re runnin’ that race tomorrow, aren’t you, girl? :7 You’ll do great.

Sunny :: sorry to hear Amy’ KBX wasn’t for you…I’m a k’box nut, but it doesn’t sound like something I would like, either…thanks for the heads up!…enjoy the night out @ the comedy show – sounds fun!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Hi Cheetahs! I am a late checker iner today:) I tried to sleep in but DS's volume was turned up and no one could find the mute button, so everyone in the house was awake by 8:30. Its amazing how such a small person can make so much noise!

I did a 5 mile run today and all the UB work from the new series. Im not sure how long it took.

Other then that, my day hasn't been that exciting. I would like to catch up on everyones post but I may have to wait till later or even tomorrow morning.
Hope everyone as having a good day!
Lori:)

Wendy...you know...I have run some of my best marathons "alone". Tomorrow just go for the fun as trail runners can be a different breed, and most of them walk the uphills! I would love to do it with you...all of us cheetahs will be supporting you in our heads and hearts...A-Jocks mish mosh is tough but I know you could do it. Having a 5 disc DVD player does help. I know my eating is not great..too much chips & salsa!

Christine...Way to go with all of KBX! I did make my quiche...followed loosely a recipe from a Vegetarian cookbook that the lovely DebbieH sent me.

Shelly..target shooting sounds fun. Hope you had an easy 10 miler..:)...I did get your email , thanks...:)

Cathy...I did get the X-mas card addresses and Lori's change also. Loved your PM..:)

Linda...wish you could join us in LV!!! Sorry about the fall. I have had some of those sweaty shirt mishaps myself...or trying to put a sports bra on to workout in after laying in the sun...Good job on 11.44 miles.

Jackie...I made a spinach/feta quiche, it was so good...I do wish we could get an update on the STS workouts. Sounds like that iTread 22 is a great workout.

Sunny...sorry you didn't like Amy's KBX. Have fun at the comedy show with your friend.

Lori...good job on the 5 mile run and upper body workout.

I pulled out an oldie, Cardio Kicks. I have not done that one in awhile and it was very fun.

Wendy - I didn't experience the soreness with my 10 mile races that I had with the halfs either. Just glad it's gone. You have the right attitude about your race tomorrow. We're behind you all the way whatever your decision is.

Sunny - Enjoy the comedy show tonight.

Cathy - Glad you had a good massage and BF enjoyed her first one. Yep, those itrains are easy to get addicted to. I finally downloaded mine for Novemember.

Lori - Sorry DS music disturbed your sleep this morning. Good job on the 5 miles.

Carole - You have my mouth watering for quiche now. Guess I'll have to put the ingredients on my grocery list for next week.

I'm just having some good ol' "me" time today. Gonna curl up on the couch and find a good movie to watch. But, first, I'm going to make some tacos.

Enjoy your evening!

Jackie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.