::: CHEETAHS ::: Sat., 12/30

I’m back! Did 30 minutes of SIM (I was dying to go running), then ran my 5 miles and did some major stretching afterwards. I’m feeling pretty darned good! Dinner is earlier tonight (not 8 or 9 like with some of our friends), so that should really help with keeping my eating under control. I feel good now that I have a rotation set. I’m thinking of just doing a long Yoga session tomorrow before I start my rotation. Oh, and for those of you curious about the iPod Shuffle – I found a use for it – I loaded all of my running music on it and I’ll use it for my long runs. It automatically shuffles them so they are never in the same order twice, and if one pops up that is too slow, it’s easy to fast forward. I like it better for running music than my Nano. My Nano, though is the best for the iTrains and Cardio Coaches, so I’m happy to say I can use them both!

Wendy – sooo happy to hear Joey is doing well and that you got a run in! Glad to hear from you! Happy New Year to you, too! May 2007 be the best yet!

Elaine – I made sure I enjoyed my run for you! And I did – it’s gorgeous out there today. Cool (in the 50’s – and yes, that’s cool for this area), but perfect running conditions. Glad to hear you 100% clean! Not sure I’ll be THAT good, but I’ll eat well today. The restaurant to which we’re going is very good at making anything I need. And yes, if you work your body hard, it’s much easier to eat clean. My worst days are my days off!

Judy – I’ve been meaning to say – THANKS for the post card of the Erie Canal!!! It’s gorgeous! Must be a great place to run. I seem to remember you saying you run the canal trail. I do miss running the trail along the C&O Canal. It was simply beautiful. I’m glad you’re enjoying your elliptical! I love using them at the gym!

Laura – It’s kind of funny as I’ve heard a bit of everything about how to increase muscle mass. 1 day a week super tough, 2 days a week each body part. A 3 day split followed by a total body, and 3 days a week. I can tell you that by doing the P90X rotation, I gained more definition than any other rotation and I had to be ultra careful with making sure I got the proper calories or I would be starved the following day. Clothing is always depressing, but I find Ann Taylor Loft and Gap to be the same as always (Gap has some KILLER sales right now). But the styles are getting really weird. Straigh leg low rise should be outlawed. I think there are two women in the country that look good that way – the rest of us – no!

Well, off to the showers…

Hola, cheetahs…

Just another quick drive-by before I head to my massage appt. I just returned from the airport’s warehouse where I *picked up my own suitcase.* I’ll spare you the long and tedious details but needless to say, it was a debacle from start to finish. I’m officially boycotting United and have fired off a letter to send to anyone who possibly gives a fiddler’s fart up there in that company (probably no one). At any rate, I’m putting this behind me now <deep breath> :)

Shelly :: hope you enjoyed DM + the elliptical. Thanks for the kind words. :) Going into enabling mode here ~ you simply *must* treat yourself to a massage. You won’t regret it!!

Elaine :: glad to hear you’ve already begun to get back on track…I will be a ways behind you, but I’m gettin' there…just not today…lol. Hope you enjoyed your w/out.

Christine :: I want to lose the same amount…maybe we can nudge each other along…I will also being doing that Biggest Winner challenge at my school.

Wendy :: glad to see you pop in and that all is OK…I did have a GREAT time skiing and can’t wait to go back. Breckenridge rocked!! Enjoy ringin’ in the New Year in AC. Win big so you can spoil yourself with some new toys!

Judy :: WTG on keeping up with w/outs and not eating too badly!

Talk with you all later!
Cathy :)

Laura...no, P90X does not have alot of cardio. But some have found cutting back on cardio and increasing weight work has gotten them better results than so much cardio. With P90X weight work the back is worked twice a week and the rest once a week. I think the idea is to go heavy and let your muscles rest a few days. Also the addition of Yoga and Kenpo weekly will work the muscles all over in a strength way. (I hope this makes sense) I added 3 days running to my weekly P90X rotation, I also added a Cathe leg workout one day a week. And if I had time I would do an endurance shoulder, bi and tri workout at the end of the week to add to the weight work in P90X. This worked really well for me and I got good results. I was always one to believe each muscle had to be worked 3 times a week! P90X changed my way of thinking and now for me clean eating and working each part twice a week can get good results. It really is a matter of finding out what works for your body...okay, off the soapbox...:)

Jess...have fun ice skating! I was never good at that but I was at roller skating...:)..Congrats on the high step and new DVD's!!

Cathy....be very careful with those kettle chips....highly addictive and they could just jump in your cart! Enjoy your massage...I am proud of you for firing off a letter to United. The way customer service has gone downhill quite irritates me! We should all fire off letters when we are wronged...:)

Shelly...another a$$ kicking workout for you today!! Good thing you slept in...:)...your run tomorrow sounds fun. I am not sure how they do age categories in this run. No, you can all be in different categories. Although the way I have been running, 9 plus mile might not be a walk in the park!!!.:)

Christine...my DH like the Salt & Pepper Krinkle Kut kettle chips the best, me , I am plain and the Lightly Salted Krinkle Kut kettles are my favorite. But I tried some Wasabi potato chips today, another company (Tom's)...WOW...they are tasty...:)...sounds like SIM and a run was good for you!

Elaine..sounds like you had a good workout yesterday. Have a fun one today too...:)..The kettle chips are pretty tasty but I know chips for you are not your downfall so enjoy!

Wendy...so nice to see you posting and things are better. Good job squeezing in a run. Have a great New Years too!!

Judy...thanks for the postcard! A very nice place to run...:)...that is cool you got your Elliptical...an hour of intervals!!! WOO HOO...

I ended up doing the warm up of KPC and the first cardio part, then did ME each part followed by the punching and kicking combos in Kickmax. I ended up doing the last leg, shoulder and abs section of ME without and kickbox...was a good workout and I LOVE my new DVD player!!

WOW - busy place. :)

I just finished a three mile fast walk, it felt great and then I did some planks for good measure. }(

We are leaving soon to meet up with the family we are going to Mexico with to get things set and talk about what we are packing, etc. Swimsuits are out here in Minnesota already :eek: I found a tankini that is much bigger than I'd like it to be - that's for sure!! But, it felt comfortable and that's what I'm going with for this trip. I don't want to obsess over the fact that I 'should' lose about 40 pounds. I'm going to enjoy myself and relax. BUT - when I return......WATCH OUT.........}( }( }( the program will begin and this cheetah will be a machine you won't want to mess with! :7 (I guess I'm pumped to get into better shape and get this body toned like I know it can be.)

Ok - I'm off, have a wonderful evening and I'll be back in the morning to check in on all of you. ;-)

Be good! Marcia.

Elaine ~ I'm soooo glad that the sickness is gone too!!! NO more sickies around here!!!! Kiersten is still not *quite* back to normal & my good friend (who is a nurse) mentioned today that she could tell she'd lost some weight while being sick. She at least is eating a bit more but tires out quickly & has been sleeping a lot more still too. She told me to keep an eye on her just to make sure she doesn't have mono or anything else. Greg is feeling better & I'm just blowing my nose a lot but I can handle that!

My dd's don't go back til Jan 8th either (which is my dh's bday). We have been busy & it's easy to get off routine during the holidays!! Yes, keeping busy does help!! ;-) I've had a hard time dragging my butt out of bed but I did this morning at least! ;-)

Good job getting back on track w/ the clean eating. I've done pretty well except for a couple choc. covered pecans that my MIL sent home w/ us! :p

You're going to have so much fun, Marcia!!! I can't wait to live vicariously through your trip!! ;-) I'm sure you'll look just fine in your tankini, we're always more paranoid about how we look than anyone else (as my dh likes to remind me constantly! ;-) ). 2007 will be a good year for all of us!!!

G'afternoon Cheetahs!! We had a BLAST ice skating. I haven't been in a few years, but I used to be pretty good & I picked it back up quickly. I know that Cathe working my legs well helped w/ the ice skating. And I didn't fall at ALL, even when my dd's almost pulled me down!! LOL Actually, my dd's did very well, those ice skating lessons helped for sure!! I'm going to sign them up for the next session again, they really enjoy it. Hannah didn't want to leave!! The party was fun, we're all friends so it's nice (our 2 dd's are *bestest* friends w/ their 2 dd's). Then I had some major cleaning up to do around here, that's what happens when I leave for a few hours, I guess!! I got most of the Christmas deco down, just need to get Greg to take the tree out & get my living room back in order!! He & my FIL have been busy working on the corner computer desk. It is looking very nice, I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's finished!!

OK, I have chili on the stove but I thought I'd pop in to see how my Cheetahs were doing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.