.:: CHEETAHS ::. Run wild Wednesday

Carole - Oh my gosh! That is so scary about the fire! Thank goodness it didn't get her house! That is just downright crazy that her neighbor did that! It is that time of year, again. It always scares me! That is great that you have been able to get the vitamins you need from your food, now! Enjoy your run and GS's!!!

Hola, cheetahs! :)

Linda :: WP is the Winsor Pilates. I'm glad your migraines have cut back. So, when you just get the aura (w/o the migraine), are your eyes sensitive to light? How long does it last? For me, my vision blurs, so I am kind of useless for a bit...I think it is fine to take two days off, but if you really have the itch to run tomorrow, I think it's also OK to go for a short, easy run.

Wendi :: isn't it weird how sometimes the short runs feel like they work ya harder than the long runs? Oh geeze, you've been getting these things all your life?? I've had a couple while at school and turned down the lights to get through the day. Of course, the kids ask why the lights are off. I was surprised to see how many of the kids have to deal with these things, too. I'm crackin' up at the Chorley 13.

Christine :: funny story about Chico. I'm a little hungrier today, so I guess it will all balance out. Stomach any better? Hope so!

Carole :: What a dolt that guy was! I'm glad your mom -- and her house -- are OK. I feel stressed out FOR you. Why don't people think??

Karen :: Oh yeah, Corey Hart was a cutie, wasn't he?...but I can't, for the life of me, think of another song of his besides that one. For some reason, I think there was one more, though...if you need quick, may I recommend the 4DS premixes...they are quick but get in there GOOOOD!

Wendy :: I prefer live classes, but I don't want to pay for them. :) They ain't cheap...My post-run stretches are mostly yoga postures, so though I don't feel I totally neglect it, but it's not the same as putting in a 20 or 30 or 40 minute practice...Yeah, she could pretty much go at any time, but I know she needs to go back to school for three days. I'm not sure if it would foul up her maternity leave if she does go early, so hopefully, she can hang in there. How's the eating today? Back on track?

Hi Dallas, Shelly, Jackie, Posh, Judy, and anyone else dropping by!

Cathy- do the 4DS premixes involve all the upper body parts in one shot for about 30 or so minutes or are they like one or two bodyparts per premix for like 10 min.

There is back & biceps - 25 minutes
chest, shoulders, triceps - 34 minutes

There's also an all u/b weights premix that is 67 minutes.

Cathy - The aura almost always lasted around 30 minutes. During that time I could not see. The only thing I could see was wavy, zig zaggy lights. ...which would gradually get worse until is obscurred my whole vision. Then I got tunnel vision....then I would be sooo disoriented and confused. Yes, I would be very, very sensitive to light for as long as a couple of days. (sometimes that would come before the aura, too). Oh! Oops...of course ...I should have know Winsor Pilates! Sorry!

Cathy = is your migraine gone now? I sure hope so! My vision wouldn't really "blur", just have all of those flashing zig zags and wavy lights all the way across.

A quickie

Hello cheetahpals! No time to post yesterday and only have time for a fly by today:( The next couple of days should be better tho. I'm back in Philly at the moment, between work nights.

My interview went very well and I ended up going back in early yesterday for an interview with the Nurse Manager of the ICU (The first one was with the recruiter) Then I did my usual PA turnpike sojourn back, got in a 4 mile run before napping and going to work.

This job sounds very ideal for me. Just the size and dynamics I'm looking for. The pay is where I wanted it to be and best of all (drum roll please)
they are offering a $15,000 sign on bonus cuz of my experience. Have to sign a 3 yr commitment to get it. Hoo boy could I ever use that extra $$ now!!

Well, they couldn't say the job is mine of course until all the background checks are done. (Criminal background check, former employers, etc.)
This should all take a week or so.

I'm off the next couple of days but will stay here in Philly catching up and should be able to catch up here as well!

Just wanted to add to Carole- WOW, what a scare!!! Glad your Mom is okay and no damage to her house.

tata

Hi Girls.

My doozy of a work out is done and I didn't even take a nap before I did it!:p

I think I may be in traction tmrw....The DOMS is bound to be FIERCE!:eek::D

So the schedule for September is up at work now. I am working every M-T-R-F with Wednesdays off. As of August they offer the Centergy class at 1030 am on Wedesday mornings which will be perfect for me since I ofcourse got scheduled to work every tues when yoga is. Keep your fingers crossed that they don't totally change the schedule in September and make NONE of the classes I want to take available on a Wednesday morning! That would be just my luck though....:rolleyes:

BF texted me a little while ago. She said her dad and aunt were gone to the funeral home to make arrangements for her mom's passing. Nothing has happened yet but I guess since it's impending they wanted to prepare as much as they could beforehand. :( She said she feels numb. I feel so bad for her. I offered to come up and be a distraction to her for a little while tonight. Thankfully she took me up on it so I'm going to be heading up to my mom's area in about 45 mins to drag her away from that lousy hospital for a while....Even if we only grab a cup of coffee and talk it's better then nothing.

Shelly: I know the red tape did not allow them to give you the job yet but you KNOW it's yours so CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy that you got what you wanted AND are getting even more money then you were looking for! YAY! :)

Cathy: My on again/off again running buddy enjoys yoga alot and last year she had paid for a group of classes at a studio in our area. I think they were 90 minutes each. She really enjoyed them. I have no idea how much she paid. I couldn't do that much. This 60 minute class goes beyond what I am normally capable of. LOL....So she needs to put in 3 more days in the classroom in order to earn her full maternity leave? Some places can be sticklers about that so yeah, I hope that baby stays put for a little bit longer! ;) My eating is better so far. KNOCK ON WOOD. Ofcourse I had a Lean Gourmet meal for dinner a few minutes ago. Can we say HIGH SODIUM!? :eek: I entered it in the program though and to my surprise I still have an A in sodium so that's cool. I'm over on carbs but so far that's the only problem I've encountered. Now, something tells me I will be grabbing something to eat tonight while I am out...THAT could mean trouble! LOL

Okay, gotta get some kind of quazi-meal going for the boys before I head up to meet BF. I'll try to pop back in later but if not, definately in the morning.

Hugs!

Linda :: I think I know what you mean...I also see sort of large patches that move and wave somehow (it's kind of hard to describe--almost like moving water) that results in a "blur" and not being able to see well. I also become real light-sensitive. No tunnel vision, though. About 10-15 minutes later, the migraine will kick in, and usually, nausea comes with it. Typically, I will have a residual headache and feel a little crummy for about a day. I say crummy, but it's sooo much better than the initial onset that I don't really want to complain. I know it could be worse and last much longer as it does for some people. I do still feel a headache and some congestion.

Wendy :: I had to scroll back and see what you did for a workout today to score all those soon-to-be DOMS. So you did LL, bis, tris, and abs? Have mercy...I have taken 60 minute and 90 minute classes, and though I did not think I would like 90 minutes, I really did...Good of you to keep BF company. It's all happening so fast. Keep us posted on the situation...Somehow, I am under again with my intake today. Go figure that.

The friend I was going to run the 5K with tonight wasn't feeling well and decided to bag. I really don't mind missing it since I'm not exactly 100% myself. I guess you could say I'm even a little relieved. In fact, I think I'm going to take an unplanned rest day and just double up tomorrow.

Evening ladies!

Gonna play catch up again tonight because I think I'm going to be pretty short on time in the morning. Going for 3!!! workouts in a row...oh my:eek::rolleyes::p. Not sure what's on tap for tomorrow. Since I have bowling tomorrow night I should probably hit the weights and hit em hard;) but I really want to get out for another run, albeit a shorty around 3-4 miles. Tough decision!

Karen - Glad to hear a nice refreshing run today...hope it helped to relieve some of that IRS BS. I have to agree with Wendy that the premixes are an awesome way to change things up. Some are shorter, some longer. Always good to hit the body a bit differently.

Dallas - How was DS's first day at school? Nice run and B&G! I don't know how you ladies can run *and* work legs on the same day...I'd be hobbling the next day lol!

Wendy - WTG on that monstrosity of a workout! Oh, I'm sure that bear is shakin' in his boots:p! Made *some* headway in the cleaning department...at least until DSO showed up, that is;). Gotta start scrubbing this week. She has a thing about hair and between my cat and I it can get pretty bad:mad:...I'm not sure who sheds more *lol*. Glad to hear that you've got a workable schedule and that class fits in nicely:). You are a true gem of a friend to go and be with your friend.

Cathy - Can't blame ya for taking the rest day today...probably a very wise decision. I guess I consider myself lucky because I seemed to have outgrown the migraines. On the *very* rare occasion that I feel one coming I'm usually able to sleep it off before it becomes a problem. They started when I was in 6th grade and pretty much ended all together by the time I was 20ish. I will say that they were doozies:(, often lasting for weeks at a time. Thankfully I never seemed to get the pain part, only the auras (and mine are a bit similar to yours), dizziness, numbness in my right side extremities (my right eye would even close), nausea and light sensitivity. In fact, the right side numbness and auras were often so bad that my mother would read my homework to me and I dictated my answers back to her for her to write down because I couldn't see well enough to read and couldn't feel my right hand well enough to write legibly. Made for some *very* difficult years in school. The school admins tried to flunk me numerous times due to excessive absences, even though I was still able to carry a near 4.0 in all of my AP classes. They even went so far as to say that my mother, not I, was doing my homework because she had to write it down for me:rolleyes:. *NOT* a fun high school experience for me:mad:.

Shelly - Oh, hon, HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!! You more than deserve every bit of that bonus! Glad to hear that you've got a little bit of down time coming up.

Linda - Glad you're finding that the premixes will be a good fit with your mary training:). I've had those zig-zaggy lights, too, but never the tunnel vision...that sounds very disorienting.

Don't know how this turned into quite the novel, but, there it is:eek:. Have a great night ladies! Hasta manana!

Hey Girls.

Just a quick fly-by now that I'm back from the hospital. I stayed in the hospital with BF. She didn't want to leave. They are staying at the hospital as much as possible now that the docs have told them they don't know how long she has left. I think BF's dad is even sleeping there now. That being said, I sat with her in the hallway outside her mom's room and we talked for a while. I stayed about 2 hours. It broke it up for her. By the time I got home I was STARVING! I knew that the frozen meal I had before I left wouldn't hold me all night but the hosp cafeteria closed at 8 and I just never thought to grab something before that. DUH! LOL

Alright...I'm done babbling. Thanks for listening!

Now it's time for bed.

I'll catch up with personals in the morning.

Hugs!

Evening Cheetahs!

I like this earlier bedtime for my kids. ;)

Wendi ~ WTG on your 5.5 miles!! Tomorrow is the first day for DS5. :( My two older ones had just two hours today. We had an open house last night for DS5. I was already crying during that. :eek: Better bring the kleenex to the bus stop tomorrow. :confused: As for the leg work and running....I didn't so 7 like Linda and then work legs. :p I think 3-4 miles works well for me on leg day. Well, see tomorrow though.;) I think I feel the glutes already. Good luck w/bowling. Is this a new "season"? Is that what they call it in bowling? ha ha

Cathy ~ Hope you feel better soon. Migraines do not sound fun. :( Probably a good idea to take a rest day. Bummer about the 5K. :( Oh, it was just open house for the kindergarten classes. that was hard enough. DS seemed to ease right into things in the classroom. :) Well, see how the bus goes tomorrow. To be honest, I'm more worried about eh bus than school. :confused: Yeah, I know, about the rest days w/all that's going on...so I took Su and M of this week. it just might have something to do with my blood sugar??? I dunno.

Gloria ~ I hope you can swing it (Chicago). :) How did your seminar go? Did you get that run in as well?

Wendy ~ That was so sweet to spend time with your friend. :) How are those legs feeling now!?! ;)

Shelly ~ WTG!!! I didn't realize all that goes into being a nurse (background checks, etc.). However, it's reassuring. Good luck!:)

Linda ~ Have you figured out why you've been getting nauseous? Sorry it's getting you as well. I keep thinking maybe something is going around, but it's so sporadic. UGH! Love the GS premixes. I used them a lot over the summer.

Christine ~ Time does go by quickly, huh!?! 11th grader - couldn't even imagine.:eek: Sounds like the stomach thing is catchy. Hope you feel better after the rest day. It seemed to work for me. :) That is a funny story about Chico! lol:D That guy will never hear the end of that one! Good!

Carole ~ Glad your mom is OK! Wow...what a moron!!! Nice workout! That would be great to not have to buy vitamins. I could save more money for more workouts! lol You have me totally excited for the nutrition program. :)

Karen!!! Homeschooling!!?!! Wow, that's incredible. You must be so organized. :) I'm afraid my kids would get sick of me. lol See ^^^ (Linda's post) I love the GS premixes!! :D

Oops, better post this computer is acting weird. Hi & good night to Jackie, Posh, Judy and Lorie too. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.