.:.: CHEETAHS :.:. rootin' tootin' Tuesday

Shelly :: Oh boy, as if a three-hour commute weren't enough incentive to get out...Hey, you never come off as a whiner--just reporting the facts..."Eye of the Tiger" -- that's a good one to pump it up. :)

Linda :: The tooth pain is definitely manageable today. Last night I had to take some Advil. Ah well. :rolleyes: I have a mouthful of fillings, so what's one more...See above for my shopping spree list. :) My stomach thing is, I guess, a fluke--had been "off" since Saturday, but at this point, I think things are pretty much back to good. Don't know what happened there. Maybe something I ate? How 'bout yours? It wasn't a full-blown bug, was it?

Karen :: DD must be thrilled to be expander-free. I was on a Target popcorn kick there for a bit. Good stuff. Probably helped me pack on the extra this spring/early summer. I do normally load up on the bargains this time of year--markers, glue sticks, extra notebooks for kids that lose theirs and other things the school district doesn't pay for, but my supplies are in good shape, so I just went for some decorative stuff.

Hi Jackie & Dallas!

Have a great night, everyone!

Hi Cheetah Ladies!

Cathy: I have been excited thinking about that possibility all day! :) I am going to buy the weighted vest too. Sometimes I have a hard time getting the barbell over my head. I feel like I am going to break my neck or something with that sucker. Nice run and pilates today! Yuck about the toothache. Glad you are seeing the doc tomorrow. Oh the packages...I love them too. :)

Wendi: Hang in there gal. You know we are all here for you. :)

Karen: Gum and popcorn. Sounds like a good treat to me! Nice weight loss!

Wendy: I really liked my workout yesterday. I have only done Imax 3 once before, but wanted to give it another go and just do the blast premix. It is tough. I am happy you liked the yoga class!

Judy: You made a good choice golfing in the nice weather. Someone today told me the leaves were starting to change out by their house since it has been cold at night here.

Shelly: My fingers are crossed for you. I am confident you will not have trouble finding a job close to the new home. Your run sounded so peaceful yesterday! :)

Christine: We did have a nice time. Glad the shoes are a winner for you. I hope you can convince your friend to do the Century ride. You are in sales though, right? No problem. :) If you don't mind, I would like that recipe for the lasagna. My DH does not mind lighter foods. He will eat just about anything actually.

Carole: Great BP and glad the eyes are doing great. Sounds like a nice workout you have planned today. I think Imax 2 will be the first thing I buy when I get paid next Thursday.

Dallas: No, the classroom is in no shape for the students yet. :( I have been distracted by some other things like getting out of town yesterday and going out to dinner with DH. :eek: It will get done because it has to. I am working on the plan for the prinicpal. Back to being busy for me, which is fine. Are your kids excited for school to start? How is DH doing these days? Sounds like a nice time with the kids bike riding and you running. That will be a nice memory for them I bet. :)

Linda: Nice workouts. I laughed about higher BP when you go into the doctor. I get freaked when I go in to a new one and it goes up. After I get to know them it is fine.

Jackie: Sorry other people made it hard to get your report done. That is annoying. I bet you will have a better day tomorrow with that out of the way.

I am really feeling my workout yesterday. Today is my rest day. Dinner was nice. I had crab cakes and a side salad. YUM! Cathy had me craving them. I also tried DH's seared Ahi Tuna and that was really good too. Never went there before. Talk to you all later!

Gloria- Dinner sounds wonderful. I ate salmon tonight. Not my favorite but I killed it with salsa so that helped. I defienlty could have ate a crab cake instead.

Cathy- I'm telling you Target is the bomb. I mean for 1.50 a bag of popcorn and a soda. The kids thought they were in heaven. Now dinner is here and it's salmon and squash. Back to reality.
Since I homeschool I have one room dedicated to teaching. I have all the posters, calander, maps you name it hung up. We decorate it for all the holidays and all. I have this one store near me that has the best stuff for teachers. I could get lost in that store and normally do. Public school begins here in MD on Monday so that is when I usually begin as well. This year I am teaching 1st, 4th and 7th grade. I have my hands full as you do too with many more students then I and their parents. I wish you a sucessful and happy year. I know how hard you and all the teachers work.

Gloria :: I am really not a fan of the barbell and use DBs when I can, but I know I will need to snap outta that for STS...That would be SO cool! We GOTTA try to make that happen...hope you've thoroughly enjoyed your rest day...Thinking about school...I had to edit my one blog entry because I made a joke about Eion's ice cream comment in Yoga for Happiness. Paranoia took over and made me re-think the wording on that.

Karen :: oh, I forgot that you home school. Wow, Maryland starts early...Target here sells that popcorn/soda combo for a buck-nine--one of those deals where you get the soda for a penny more. I used to pass on the soda, but I can imagine the popcorn did enough damage by itself.

Cathy: When do you have to go back? Do you have PD like we do before the kids start? We have three days of it, but I will be getting my new laptop on Tuesday. I thought I was just a weenie, that barbell is a pain. My BF thinks so too. She will be buying the weighted vest. I have been subbing db's too. I did not catch anything on the blog. My DH had a similar issue on his website for the shop. One of the partners put up a video that could have been offensive to some and DH asked him to remove it. It seems you can never be too careful these days. I was thinking of you ladies the other day. I found out I have a student with a peanut allergy. I guess it is serious like Wendy has to deal with. That throws a monkey wrench in my own personal snacking habits. I eat a lot of trail mix and granola bars. Oh well.

Gloria :: I feel we do have to be more guarded...We start back the day after Labor Day. Two days of in-service, and the kids start on the 4th...I do have a pad for the barbell, but somehow I am just not fond of it or changing the plates frequently. The DBs are more easily accessible. I don't think we are at a disadvantage by subbing them, are we?...I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches probably half the school year, so I think you will be OK with your snacks at your desk. Do you have a sink in your classroom?

Random thought for the day: I think I have a crush on Shepherd Smith.

ETA :: PS...I'm happy to say the Livestrong fundraising, which seemed somewhat intimidating at first, is going so well, I'm only $200 away from reaching goal!!! YEAH! Thanks again to everyone here who came through in a big way, with either financial or emotional support or both. Y'all are the best!

Last edited:
Cathy: I don't think I would even have them at my desk. That is just me though. I can think of plenty of other snacks that I would like! :) We start on the second of the month. I am not stressed right now or nervous. I am liking having this experience that it will all go well because it always does. I have never had a bad first day. I do not think it is bad to sub the db's. I also hate changing the plates. It takes me forever and then I am behind on the workout. When are you flying in to Chicago?

Karen - I will let you know how the Dove's are. I truly think I will like them :) Ok...I do understand about your daughter's teeth/jaw. LOL...maybe I will try the salsa on the salmon trick! Then maybe I could eat it! :) My marathon is Nov. 2. It is my first. I have done a couple of 1/2's. August 30th is the Charleston Distance Run ( a 15 mile race). I am planning on doing that one....if all goes as planned. I am a nervous wreck, too!

Gloria - I thought about you when we were in Montana! It was so nice....and just like you said! 42 degrees in the morning and mid 70's in the afternoon! Missoula was 100 degrees, though. I guess because it is so much lower in elevation. You are lucky your BP goes back down to normal when you get used to a doc!

Cathy - Oh! I see you list! Looks good! I would like to have a weighted vest! Glad your stomach is doing better. Mine is much better, too! Thank goodness!

Gloria :: My mom & I are flying out on Friday, 10.10. My friend Donna registered, too, and she is arriving on Saturday...Shepherd is on Fox News, a channel I've been watching more of lately for its coverage of the Caylee Anthony case. I like his commentary. It's not the same ol' boring reading of the news with him. Nice voice, too. :)

Linda :: how long is your long run for this weekend? I just mapped out my route (18), which I'll be doing in two loops. When do you & your partner plan to start tapering?

Cathy- Gloria- Wow it's amazing that we have so many cheetah teachers. Gloria what grade do you teach. You girls are awesome with teaching and working out. I bet running does relieve a stressful day.

Linda- Oh I can't wait to hear about your experience. I would love to do a full marathon but I don't know if I could do it. The long runs and schooling the girls. I just don't know. I think about it often. I may do it. I would really have to work on my eating for a marathon. I am tweaking a few things with the half but i'm sure a whole lot more tweaking would need to be done for a full.

Linda: I am glad you had a nice time in MT. :) Did you and your family fish a lot? I have been to Missoula once for my HM. I would live there if the cost of living wasn't so high and they actually paid their teachers a decent salary. I would take a $10,000 pay cut if I moved out there right now. Not to mention paying a lot more for health insurance. Oh well. Fantastic place to visit.

Karen: I am a lover of salmon. It sounds great to have it with salsa! :) Wow, you have a lot on your plate with homeschooling. It is nice you have a room for it. :) I am a fifth grade teacher. Yes, running releases a lot of stress for me. I am not awesome though, but thanks! ;) During the school year I am up at 4 and in bed about 8:30....later if DH is missing me and wanting to hang out. Gotta make time for my small family too (DH and two dogs).

Cathy: Thanks for the info. I watch our local news and then CBS at 6:30. I really like Katie Couric (sp?). I have been pretty good at not having the tv on lately since I have been a bit busy. I am also a huge fan of National Public Radio. Have you ever heard Car Talk, This American Life (you would love it), or Praire Home Comapanion?

I am tired. Talk to you girls later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.