Cheetahs Monday June 11th

Morning, Sunny, & everyone else! :)

I overslept this morning and am dragging a bit. I will be doing Arms & Abs later and probably a run. Looks like it shouldn't be too muggy.

Wendy :: no worries on baggin' the yoga, I say. My view is: no one here should feel guilt over missing a workout - we work hard most days of the week!

Jess :: yeah, I did get tired in the middle of the X. It wasn't entirely X-related, though - my meds dosage contributed to the fatigue as well, and it helped quite a bit once that was that was lowered. However, in retrospect, I think the X did make me tired, and I was hungrier, too. I think, though, that you worked hard on your last recovery week, didn't you? I remember reading about at least one of your w/outs, thinking WHOO! She's still goin' strong.

All right, I am running late. Have a great Monday, everyone! Will BBL.
Cathy :)

Hi Friends :)

Are we off to a good week? Yes we are. Perhaps we can be like Gayle and have a good streak of clean eating! Way to go Gayle :7

Cathy~ It must feel good to have no more papers to grade for a while. Sam is done with school and his first chore later today is to help me grocery shop and clean! ( he will have plenty of free time the rest of the day)

Sam starts his 'off ice' training today. His team requires him to do a hockey specific training program. It includes agility training, plyometrics regular treadmill and skating treadmill. They also have to lift and do 3 days of running on their own.
At least they do most of it as a team. They can suffer together!

Carole~ Are you doing the long run today? What are you painting?

Sunny~ You did a 7 mile trail run!!! way to go!! I haven't done any trail runs, only road and canal side.

Wendy~ You are making nice progress on your PT preparations! You demonstrate true dedication lady!

Jes~ I am sorry to read about the strep throat invasion. It can really change plans when sickness invades. Good luck with DD's surgery tomorrow. It is for tubes, right?

Hi Christine and Shelly!!

Where has Singing Goddess been?

Today will be my longest run. I am attempting 9 miles. The last two weeks I have managed 8 miles for the long run.

Our patio is finished including the built in charcoal grill. It came out really nice. We need to buy charcoal and fire up the grill for dinner tonight.

OK Cheetahs~~ have a really positive Monday!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Hey Cheetahs:) After such a beautiful weekend I feel like summer has officially arrived. Had a fantastic day yesterday hanging at a friends boat on a lovely cove, Faith got to go on the SeaDoo and we had a nice BBQ. Yesterday was CardioFusion, today I'm going for something new, 20K bike and 5K run, I may fall flat on my face but I do love a challenge}(

Sunny, have fun working your upper and lower body today:)

Cathy, sleeping in is such a mixed blessing. Hope you stop feeling draggy and hit your stride:)

Judy, have a great 9 miles Girl!! Fabulous way to work up an appetite for your inaugural grill tonight:7

Enjoy your day and workouts Cheetahs:)

Take Care
Laurie

Oy Ladies...I went to bed too late last night so I didn't roll out of bed until after 8am! I am barely done chuggin' my first cup of coffee and I have a list of about 1000 things I want to get done today! ACK! I'd better get DS up and get rollin'...

The plan for today's work out is a TM run and ISculpt. I need to do ab work but I *THINK* that is included in the ISculpt. I will do another ab routine if not.

Okay...I'm outta here...BBL!

Ahhhhhhhhh, Thanks, Judy! Today's day 14...the 2 week mark of clean eating. I'm psyched! What a difference it really does make.

I have to make this super uber quick. Tons of things to get done that didn't get done when things went crazy for my friend.

So....

This morning's workout was S&H bis and tris.

Super quick! LOL

Gayle

G'morning Cheetahs! I woke up feeling lots better today. Greg gave me a very painful massage of my shoulder/ neck last night. It wasn't his fault that it was painful, he was helping! It did help to get the kink or whatever worked out. I think I slept on it weird while camping.

I did Plyo when I got up, that workout just doesn't seem as hard as everyone says it is. Oh well, it's on the schedule so I got it done. I might do some yoga later to see if that helps my neck again.

Kiersten has a bday party to go to later & we need to go to the library again. The girls are reading their books like crazy! Then I need to find out what time her surgery will be tomorrow. (Judy- she's getting her tubes in & adenoids out) She's excited about it, mainly because she said she wants to be able to hear better. Poor kid, but I won't miss the constant, What? What did you say? :p My Mom & brother Scot are coming down tonight so they'll be here w/ H & A while we take K in for surgery. And I think my MIL is coming down sometime tomorrow. The girls will be spoiled for sure! }(

Cathy ~ I'm glad to know that you experienced the fatigue too. I feel better today & I think I figured out that I was still a bit low in carbs. Not on purpose, but I haven't tracked lately & tracked a few days to find the average of 42-45% so I upped it to 50% y'day. We'll see how the day plays out today.

Judy ~ Great job w/ the longer runs, you can do 9!! It sounds like you're keeping busy as always.

Gayle ~ Busy lady! Great job w/ the clean eating, you're on a roll now!

Wendy ~ I hate getting up late when I have a million things to do! Good luck getting it done!

Sunny ~ Enjoy your spin & itrain. I have no idea how any of those i-type workouts work. (I don't even own an ipod :eek: )

Laurie ~ I love BBQ's!! Definitely makes it feel like summer! Enjoy your bike/ run!!

OK, must shower & get some laundry done! Have a great Monday!

Good morning cheetahs

Sunny...enjoy your iStrength workout.

Cathy...in answer to your question YES! I have the tricky mirror syndrome too sometimes...:)...the painting is coming along very nice. Sounds like a nice time with your friends, except for the snoring...I have worn earplugs to bed forever...Congrats on getting all the papers done!! Enjoy your Arms & Abs workout and a run.

Judy...no sure how far I will run today. At least 6. We are painting the whole inside except for 2 bedrooms. So our bedroom, the 2 bathrooms and the living & dining rooms and kitchen. Glad our house is not too big! I wish you well on your 9 miles...:)

Laurie...sounds like a nice weekend. Nah, I doubt you will fall on your face with your workout today...have fun!

Wendy..WAY to go on finishing the exam!!! I opted for an EXT workout yesterday so I will have to run today. Yes, I do remember your tripping story...enjoy your TM run and iSculpt.

Christine...sounds like you really had a good time with your Dad. That is very nice. I never did run yesterday but opted for an EXT workout.

Jess...sorry about Allison being sick. I do hope Kiersten avoids it too! Allergies have been awful around here too. I am fully drugged for them...:)...thanks, I did get a nice 8 hours of sleep last night...when you do Plyo in the rotation I think it does get easier. I pulled it out a few weeks ago after some time and it was tough again...:)

We ate dinner last night at some friends from church...OMG, no way anything would be considered clean!! But it was tasty...

I am doing at least a 6 mile run today. Then abs and GS shoulders, bi's and tri's. Might add in some floor legwork this afternoon.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning! TOMORROW TOMORROW TOMORROW!!!!!!:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7
Can you tell I'm excited about tomorrow? I get to meet up with my honey again:7 and we're going to Long Island for a few days to relax and play on the beach:D :D :D

SunnyD- WTG on your 7 mile run yesterday! It'll be 10+ miles before you know it:) Then you'll be talking about marathons:eek:
I downloaded an iStrength workout yesterday to use on my vacation.
Your description of them inspired me and this one uses mostly tubes,
dynabands, etc.

Wendy- Congratulations on completing your practical exam!!!!! Good for you. Have you checked with the gym where you're working now about a position as a PT? I got your e-mail and am so looking forward to seeing you.... whenever!

Christine- Tackling Hillacious today? Love that name! Your DH is leaving on another trip? He goes on alot of them. Makes me feel wimpy for whining about my DH being gone. You have to deal with that alot!

Cathy- Glad you got some good sleep and have recovered from your Baltimore experience. I PM'd ya about our upcoming 5k :7 :7 :7
I think we all have those days when we catch a view of ourselves in a mirror and think.... OMG.... is that blob ME??? And I don't think it means your obsessed either!

Jess- Sorry your camping trip got cut short but I'm glad to hear Allison is doing better. I'd really love to see a pic of your little Hannah on her race next weekend! I hope you'll post one.
I'm willing to wager you're going to surprise yourself next weekend on your 5k!!!

Judy- Good luck on your 9 miler today! Getting up there on the mileage I see, and still nice and healthy:7 :7 :7 No more injuries for the cheetahs!!!! Your new patio sounds great! Yummy BBQ.....
mind if me and my DH pop over?:9 :p

Laurie- ooooohhh A combo bike and run!!! A triathlete in the making? Hey, we both did CF yesterday!

Gayle- You sound as busy as ever! Glad you're doing well and I hope your friend is okay. Keep us posted.

Carole- Saving the BEST for last ;-) Got a good sleep last night so I guess you're primed for a good run today!!! I'm with you on the earplugs.... I couldn't function without them. I guess our DHs both saw some heavy duty logs at night.;-) But I love him anyway!

Today will be a 5 mile interval run and ME:7 :7 :7 Then some last minute shopping and finish up with the packing.

ShellyC

Hi Cheetahs!

No time for personals today. Vacation was great but paying the price this morning. Took me 2 hours just to go through email! UGH!x(

I didn't get home until this morning and it was straight to work. So, today will probably end up being a rest day. Feels strange having a rest day on Monday but just don't see where I can work anything in.

Have a great Monday!

Jackie

Good morning ladies,
WOW!!!! It feels like forever since I have been here. I MISS you guys so much:)

As most of you guys know already I have been taking care of my friend who has started her chemo for stage 3 breast cancer. It is going pretty well. I have been taking care of her child most days and running errands and just doing whatever she needs. This Thursday she will get a much higher dose and will probably have a hard time. She is a real trooper though and is keeping a great attitude.

I have had some good workouts. I am pretty much injury free now, which is so wonderful to have my old body back. I have been really trying not to do high impact everyday. This whole thing has really taught me to listen to my body and to not torture it all the time(LOL)!

My little Mariah turned 5 on Friday and we had all her little girlfriends over for a princess party. It was so nice and they were all so well behaved. I can't believe she is 5:(

I am going to do Drill Max today and then off to the chiro for an adjustment. My girls are in their last week of school. I am so glad to have some time with them and to not be so scheduled.

We are going to Bodega Bay for 7 nights leaving this Friday. It is in Sonoma county. It is beautiful there. We all need a break and some quality family time. I am so excited. And of course, the step will go with me. My hubby doesn't even ask anymore. He just makes room for it in the van.(LOL)!

Hello to all my cheetah friends. When I get back from Sonoma I will try to post regularly again. I have really just been focusing on Mary and her needs.

I can't believe the roadtrip is getting so close. I wish all of you were going. But, we will have to do a cheetah trip sometime for sure.

Take care ladies,
Susan

Now THAT was a good workout!!:) 23K on the bike, about a 2 minute break then 5.25K run. Took just over 90 minutes and my legs are feeling challenged and strong! I'll definitely be doing some more of that this summer:)

Wendy, hope you can get lots of things crossed off of your long list today AND work those abs:)

Gayle, good job on eating clean, it seems so easy once you're in the groove, glad you're feeling so good:)

Jess, glad your neck is getting a bit better. I hope all goes well for your daugher's surgery:) My 16 yo Marley is going to be having her tonsils out soon. It was supposed to happen when she was little but got cancelled once re elevated white counts then a second time re chicken pox. Hopefully 3rd time will be the charm, her tonsils can get very angry and I won't even talk about her breath....*shudder*. You're doing awesome with you P90X Girl!!

Carole, you asked the other day about massage DOMS, it doesn't really happen very often anymore but I've learned to check and see who's booked the day I plan on working my upperbody hard:) So glad I didn't fall on my face today but boy my legs felt heavy for the first few minutes of my run. Your workout sounds good today, a nice mix...enjoy:)

Shelly, that's so sweet that you're that excited about seeing your honey:) I dunno about a tri but I've been looking at a duatholon, 4K run/25K bike/7K run....not sure if I'll train, I'm enjoying doing all of this for fun:) I cheated a bit on CF yesterday, didn't want to do the DM cardio so I started with SJP step then CF with only 2 of DM cardios (the 2 on the step..so fun:)) Relaxing and playing on the beach hey?....Doesn't get any better than that!!!!

Jackie, welcome home, cold slap of reality coming back to all of that mail hey?:) Enjoy your rest and transition day:)

Take Care
Laurie

Quick note to say hi! I did GS C&T and Spinervals Hillacious, and now I have to shower and run Jimmy to the dog park (he's not allowed basically anywhere we're going, so we figured we'd leave him at home) to wear him out. Then we're off the Santa Cruz! DD14 and her BF will be getting unlimited ride tickets at the boardwalk, and Dad and I will just walk around and enjoy the sights.

Sunny – Enjoy your workout! Sounds like a good one.

Cathy – I HATE when I over sleep! It ruins my day! Hope it gets better!

Judy – I’m all for having a clean eating streak! *Raises glass of sparkling water* Good luck on 9 miles today!

Laurie – sounds like a fabulous day! I love being on a boat and just rocking gently in the water! Sounds like a fab workout! I can’t wait to hear how it went!

Wendy – have fun! Sounds like a busy day!

Gayle – enjoy your day! Great job on the clean eating!

Jess – glad to hear Allison is better!

Carole – sorry – did a quick skim through posts between activities! It will be weird to be back at work and sitting on my butt! Hope your run goes well today!!

Shelly - my DH is usually gone only 1 to 2 mights at a time. Yours has been gone a long time. 1 or 2 days is a nice break - a week or more is not fun. I'm glad you get to see him again! Tell me what you think of the iStrength with the bands and tubes - it sounds interesting. I like working with those every now and again as they really work ya differently!

Jackie – welcome back! Can’t wait to hear all about your vacation.

Susan – I’m so glad your friend has you around! Bodega Bay? I’m jealous! It IS gorgeous there!

Gotta run ladies! Enjoy!

Grrrr....So my plan this morning was to hit the bike shop for spin shoes, Old Navy and the foodstore. At the last minute I decided to forgo the bike shop right now and drop off my PT practical exam video for copying to a dvd. I drove 30 mins to get to a store that I could have sworn I read on line did this kind of thing and guess what!?! NOPE! OMG I was soooo pist! So now I have to start from square one and figure out who can do this for me. Anywho...I wasted time there for no good reason when I could have been getting my spin shoes and then headed to Old Navy where, ofcourse, I spent waaaay too much time and too much $$$ ;) and so by the time we were leaving there it was 11:30!!! If I had gone food shopping we would never had made it home until 1 or later and we both would have been starving and cranky so I blew off the foodstore and DS and I ate the scraps of food we had left in the house for lunch instead. I planned on going to the gym tonight for a run but now I have to foodshop too so I am going to try to squeeze BOTH in! It wouldn't be a problem if Joey didn't normally sleep the afternoon away!:eek: I am going to have to wake him up early and I also can not drag my butt on my weight work out this afternoon either. Gotta get it done PRONTO!

Phew-I feel better now that I got all that out! LOL

Sorry for complaining!:p

BBL!:7

hey ladies, quick post because i am on my outta here to pick up ds#1 from daycamp and then off to the gym.

jess- you simply must get an ipod;) . they open up a whole new element to your workouts.

shelly- oh no marathons for me. couldn't imagine running that long. i will leave that to all of you inspirational cheetahs.

wendy- sorry you didn't get to the bike shop. i didn't either, when i was supposed to go a couple of weeks ago. check out www.nashbar.com
didn't i tell you about isculpt!!!!! i am telling you girl, you will be like me...HOOKED}( :D :7

ok, that's all i have time for now. to all of my cheetah pals have a great night:)

Afternoon, cheetahs :)

Well, weather’s caused a change of plans. T-storms here, so no outdoor run tonight. Not sure what I will sub. I worked late today and need some downtime before I tackle a workout. My brains feel a bit scrambled. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/43.gif http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/10.gif

Laurie :: oh yeah, I’m a morning person, so I generally snap out of the sluggishness pretty quickly…great workout today!!…I smell a biathlon in your future!

Judy :: glad to hear you’re off to a good week…it’s nice to see you. Oh yeah, I’m *thrilled* not to have to do any more grading for awhile…Sounds like intense off-season training for Sam. What is skating treadmill?

Jess :: I think Plyo’s a decent workout but nowhere near what we’re used to w/ Cathe…How’d it go w/ higher carbs today?

Carole :: glad to know I am not alone on the mirror thing. I think the snorer should have to wear some kind of contraption rather than us!!

Shelly :: saw your PM…sounds like a good plan…have a safe flight!

Christine :: enjoy the boardwalk @ Santa Cruz. Sounds like fun…Nah, the slow start didn’t ruin my day. I still managed to be on time for work so all was good.

Wendy :: sorry to hear about your stressful day…that was quite a rant…*lol* of course, feel free to vent away anytime!!!

Hi Gayle, Jackie, Susan, and anyone else dropping in.

I really have to resist the urge to nap and go bust some a**!

TTYL-
Cathy :)

Back again just to say I've finished Arms & Abs (love that one! As hot as Joey is, I have to say Barry's my favorite instructor b/c he gets right to the point and doesn't let up!) but am baggin' out on the cardio. Just don't feel like it anymore tonight. Will scrap tomorrow's rest day and do it then.

Have a great night!

~Cathy :)

ITread 10/30 mins is done! The gym was much cooler today, thank goodness. They DEFINATELY had the a/c kicked up this time!:)

Tomorrow is spin class in the morning and then maybe some yoga at nap time. I have this thing about not liking yoga before dark but I really need to make up the session I missed! I'm gonna try anyway!!!!

Man am I tired...I think I'm gonna take care of a couple of little last minute things and then head off to bed with a book.

Have a great night Cheetahs!:+

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.