::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, 10/23

Judy,
Yes my hubby does yoga with me about 3-4 times a week. We used to watch tv in the evening after the kids were in bed and we found we really enjoy doing the yoga instead. He is a runner and has found that he feels so much better during his runs and after now that he does yoga. I am very lucky that he does it with me. It is defintley more fun and more motivating to do it with someone. I got him a really nice yoga mat for his birthday and he loves it. His favorites are Baron,Bryan and Eoin Finn.

Susan

Judy--- SJP legs is only some squats, some lunges and a few deadlifts-- so it's really short. I will put 30-35# on a barbell -- an amount on a day that feels like "something" but doesn't kill. If 30 feels too heavy on lunges, I'll even drop to 25. I'm 5'9" --so that amount of weight is lighter for me. If I go too heavy that day or if I've done a hard leg workout, e.g. GSL standing or LL the day before, I do not run as well.

Congrats to you on losing weight & changing eating patterns since the Jan. rotation. Good for you!!!!!!
-Barb
:) :)

Is back to make sure that you gals know how much she LOVES LOVES LOVES her IPOD!?!?!

May rethink the running thing JUST to be able to use the IPOD more often!!! LOLOL

:p }( :D :) :7 :7 :7 :+ ;) }( :p

Well, helloooo, cheetahs…I just got home about a half hour ago, ate dinner (already), and am relaxing just a bit more before I attack BC. (Or it attacks me—let’s be real.)

Judy :: I am not planning to cut back on my runs to incorporate the new DVDs (I just love running too much). Right now I am only running 3-4x a week, so it still leaves room.

Wendy :: I agree -- a GTG *would* be cool. :) I know what you mean – I can’t wait for the new DVDs to get here and yet I dread them at the same time. I fear I am going to get my a$$ spanked! lol I will probably be one of the last to get them (even though I’m just a stone’s throw from Glassboro) since I ordered so late, so all you ladies can tell me how much pain I’m in for! The iPod rocks, doesn’t it? Are you guys looking to get out of Jersey or just move elsewhere within the state?

Laurie :: Thanks for the wake-up effort! It takes me a while on Mondays…I was out of the classroom all morning for professional development…it was a nice break. Hope you had a good workout!

Barb :: good to see ya! I saw the picture of the firewalkers but wasn’t reading the blog in-depth. Which part of the leg do they target? Strange about the Garmin. Maybe you should check it against mapmyrun and see what that thing says.

Katrina :: hi! I thought I had MIC on the Power Hour DVD, but after checking just now, I see that it’s MIS. I haven’t tried that one or the BodyMax on it. And here I’m talking about the new DVDs! I have a Jari Love that I haven’t tried, either. I have a tendency to want to keep going to my favorites.

Sunny :: I can imagine yesterday’s all-day sweatfest would leave you to’ up from the flo’ up!! Way to go on getting in Slim & Lean!

Carole :: yes, I learned that 4 seconds in football is apparently a long time. :) Did you opt for the elliptical or a run? Ahhh, a massage…I’m jealous!

Susan :: how was the field trip? Where did you go? Enjoy the yoga. Step Blast + ME—you’re a beast, woman! Great job!! I agree…the yoga does help with running. I hope it helps with skiing, too!

LD :: yes, I am near Philly…I’m in South Jersey. So, we’re sorta neighbors. :) Hope you had a good workout.

Jennifer :: congrats on your finish and toughing it out! Rest up…you earned it!!

Christine :: I did feel really good after yesterday’s class. Sunday mornings aren’t ideal for me, though, so I am going to have to try to get to the Tues night class. Nights are tough, too, actually, but I’d like to make room for it because I do feel the benefits. It’s not quite the same practicing at home.

Jess :: good luck w/ the home improvement project. You’ll have to post us some pics when you get done.

OK, I'm gonna kick back until 6 pm and then it's BC!!

-cathy :)

Barb...well, the newer Garmins are supposed to be a bit more sensitive especially for tracking under trees. So therefore I feel the satellite connection should be better. I think what Cathy suggested might be a good idea and check the course from the site she mentioned...mapmyrun.com I think!

LD...hope you had fun with the Gaunlet!! You should try a massage someday, they are so good for you...:)

Jennifer...GOOD JOB!!!! On a tough course you did so well!! And for a wonderful cause. Yes, you deserve a rest day...:)

Christine...yep the Raiders pulled out ONE win so far...:)...Good workout with BC and parts of Imax2!!

Jess...sounds like you will have a busy house for a few days!!!

Wendy...glad the half is still on your mind!!! I have a feeling you are just loving your iPod!!

Judy...wow! tough run for you....yes, I cannot wait for the massage...

Cathy...4 seconds IS a long time in Football!!! I opted for the Elliptical...

So I did 40 min on the Elliptical, and then CTX Upper Body split....yes, arms are a bit shaky!!!

Good Evening Ladies!

I finally got a chance to check in today, but with no workout to report! x( I spent the day writing a Software Specifications Requirement document for my Software Engineering class. Can you believe 17 single spaced pages? :eek: I have to tell myself not to procrastinate with my next assignment for that class! :p

Cathy - Aerobic Base Building is a period of time where you build up your aerobic base. You don't go over about 80% of your maximum heart rate. You are also supposed to try not to purposely work in your anerobic zone even once during the period of time where you are building up your aerobic endurance. I am trying ABB through the end of the year. That is a very long period of time for me to commit to, but when it is over I will be able to work harder for a longer period of time. }(

Susan - Thank you for the Bryan tip! I am looking into going!

I hope everyone is having a good evening. Sleep Well!

Tired Cheetah checking in late!! I just got done painting, but I'm too wound up to go to bed yet! I'm gonna sleep good though!

I got the primer coat done (w/ help from my dd's- they loved it!) after getting it all taped & ready (that seems to take forever!). I picked a paint color called Heather Light, it looked like a muted yellow. It's a bit brighter than I thought on the walls, but I really like it. Greg & Jon got the floor laid just on the walkway from the front door to where our kitchen table is. It looks awesome!!!

The house is a disaster but I'm trying not to dwell on it. It will be clean soon enough!! I made a ham for dinner & we'll have plenty of leftovers to eat all week. Brian (Greg's brother) & Jon are coming over tomorrow night to help out.

OK, I need to go wash the paint off myself & head to bed..... and yes I've been taking pictures to share! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.