::: CHEETAHS ::: Mon., 11/20

Good Afternoon!

Checkin' in for some personals before I move on to my upper body work out for the day! I did 3.5 miles on the elliptical this morning at the gym and my knee LOVED it! :D

Christine: OMG, imagine me running with a turkey suit on! LMFAO! This run isn't called a turkey trot so I'd feel especially silly! LOL
I can't wait to get P90X! I am sooo excited to try the work outs! Thanks for the heads up on what you disliked...glad to know I can change things a bit to make it work for me but still get the results!:)

Carole: So are you going to do ALL of B&G's ab work today? }( It's a great work out doing the 2 segments back to back. They are very different from one another. Enjoy the Guantlet. I haven't done a Terminator work out in AGES! I forget about them somehow! Maybe it's selective memory kicking in! LOL ;)

Jess: I'm so sorry that your other DD is sick now. Atleast your other DD is back to school. One at a time is okay...2 has got to be awful! LOL I'm sending lots of well wishes her way for sure!

Elaine: I'm sending good vibes your way for a clear mammo today! What's on the menu for Thanksgiving? :9 I used to alternate the elliptical w/running alot but then I got on this totally high impact kick for a while and stopped using it. I need to get back to it. It's a good work out and it gives the knees a nice break.

Laurie: I feel for you with the issues you are having because of the spa! That's awful! I hope it all work outs for you soon.

Judy: I'm not so sure it's the shoes. I bought them in June I think and don't do high mileage. What's the rule of thumb for replacing shoes anyway? I plan to start doing the leg ext's from L&G soon. Hopefully that will help. :)

Susan: Hope the sciatica pain goes away for you!

Okay, I'm off to do upper body now!

BBL!:+

Wendy-have a fun U.B. workout. I ended up doing UB from C&W just for a change.

Susan--sorry about the sciatica pain, but it sounds like you're being smart about it. Have fun with your girls today.

Jess-- it's the pits to have the illness move through all the kids and adults in the house...

Judy-- I know what you mean about the hills get you home vs. seeking them out. A few routes around where I live are hillier than I want them to be but it's the only way back out and in.

Christine--thanks for the review of the BC premix. I will keep that in mind for a day I have a lot of energy. The veggie wraps sound good.

Have a great rest of the day everyone.
-Barb
:) :) :)

Hey gals.

I have to jump in the shower now but I just wanted to let y'all know that I did the spider/push ups segment from RttC to start and then did BM2's u/b and abs. OMG, what a KILLER u/b work out that was! I pre-exhausted my u/b w/the RttC segment so BM2's u/b was much more difficult than usual! My arms are shaking as I type this! LOVE IT!}(

Barb, Glad you enjoyed the C&W weight work. Have a great rest of the day!

I'll be back later to see what everyone is up to!:)

The mammo I had today was the third follow up appointment for a calcification to make sure there have been no changes. Not sure how long I'll need to do the follow ups but everything is fine. When I got the initial call back I was a little freaked but I am in the low risk group and don't worry about it at all now. It's definately reassuring to have the mammo though and get the A-OK.

Christine, Hoping and praying that your biopsy reveals nothing bad. You know what? I'm glad I know you too!:)

Wendy, I *would* stick to just running if my old body would let me! The elliptical just keeps me from getting sidelined. We'll be having a traditional Thanksgiving meal...turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoe soufle, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie...all the regulars. What are you doing for the holiday? I know you are running the day after, but other than that I mean. I'm going to run a marathon in a couple of weeks so will finally get to my new workouts soon. I plan on doing RTTC first! I need to find out what those spider pushups are all about.:7

Hello Cheetahs! Missed y'all over the weekend but I don't get on the pc too much. I am too busy on weekends!

Cathy, enjoy your rest day. I just came off a 2 day rest and I was able to really work DM today!

Judy, Enjoy your hills. I guess when I can run more I will try to add more hills. EEEwwww just the thought of it!

Barb, Hi. I hope you have a good day and w/out. Well I guess good evening. I usually post in the morning.

Shelly, It sounds like you have a busy day planned. Enjoy your run and weights. I hope the stores aren't too crowded for t.giving shopping.

SunnyD, Hope you enjoyed your class. What is a metabolic effect class?

Christine, Glad you are feeling better.Enjoy getting back.

Wendy, Hope your knee is feeling better this evening. Sounds like you have a good w/out planned to rest your knee.

Carole, enjoy the gauntlet. That is one of my faves!

Jess, I hope this week goes better for you. Enjoy your w/outs today it sounds like you are going to do alot.

Elaine, Hope everything goes well with the mammogram. I had my first one last year and it wasn't to bad for me at all. I was nervous for nothing. Anyway have a good day. Oh btw, I never got back on the other day to answer your question. I have had PF for awhile and thats why I haven't been running too much.

Laurie. I hope everything works out with the spa. Sounds like you did have a good start to your day with the w/outs. Working out always relieves some stress for me.

Kristi, Hi nice to meet you and welcome. Hey I'm not the newest one now. LOL. Everyone here is so nice.

Susan, Hope you fell better. Enjoy your w/out. I still don't know anything about Jeri except what I see you guys post. Maybe I'll check her out sometime.

Ok I think I got everyone if not sorry and I'll get ya tomorrow. Ok I have to tell I really feel like a cheetah now. I doubled up friday and did CF and B&G. I was sooo tired! But I did it and got 2 days off this weekend Yay. I don't know how some of you do it!!!! Have a great evening everyone. Talk to ya later.

LD

Barb :: No, I do not have off Wed. Our kids have off, and we have all-day parent conferences. We should wrap up by noon, though. Sounds like you’ve had some good workouts over the weekend. Have fun in Florida ~ when do you leave? I know what you mean – I go a little nuts when I don’t have computer access while I’m away. I like to touch base at least every few days! Glad your son did well in his meet.

Judy :: yes, I have three more courses to go til I finish. Thank you for the compliment. :) In my first few years of teaching, I was so stressed/overworked, I didn’t take good care of myself. I packed on pounds and was sick A LOT. It really is just a matter of making your health a priority. Hope you had a good 6-miler.

Shelly :: how was your run? Did you wind up doing MM? I haven’t done that one in a while, either. Maybe this week. I think I’m gonna take a break from the GS kick I’ve been on. The BioFreeze really is good stuff.

Sunny :: thanks! I am enjoying it! What is the metabolic effect class? Sounds interesting. I hear you on the three-day week…woohoo backatcha!! :)

Christine :: glad you had such a great workout. It sounds scary, actually.

Wendy :: thanks! Believe it or not, I will probably *NOT* do Black Friday shopping this year (since I am basically done shopping)…UNLESS I see some really out-of-control bargain that can’t be passed up. Still, I will probably do my own (very slow!) post-Thanksgiving turkey trot. I’m not ambitious enough to race the day after a feeding frenzy…lol. I’ll be with ya in spirit, though. AND we definitely will do a spring race! Glad your knee didn’t mind the elliptical workout.

Carole :: hope you enjoyed the Gauntlet & B&G abs.

Jess :: wow! I can’t believe it’s been that long since you’ve run! I’m sure it’s felt like an eternity for you. Received your PM...thanks! :) Sorry to hear the bug is spreading.

Elaine :: Hope you enjoyed your rest day & that the mammogram wasn’t too bad…Never had one but they don’t sound fun…Thank you…I imagine being a mom is probably harder than going to work, so I’m sure you’ll manage to fit it all in just fine!

Laurie :: sounds like you accomplished an awful lot early on…WTG! What happened with the spa check? It sounds like quite the nightmare. Smiled at the k’boxing visual. Last time I did hammer punches, I envisioned the face of the guy who most recently did me dirt. Was quite cathartic, I must say. }( <heh heh> I am working on a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction. Interesting about your sister…I wonder if teachers are notorious about not taking care of themselves. My new school (I’m in my 2nd year there) is very pro-fitness.

Susan :: sorry to hear the sciatica’s acting up. Sounds like your body did need a break. Yes, occasionally I do get the eye twitch thing, but it doesn’t normally last very long. I think it’s a stress thing. Same re: my sister…she’s five years older. We’re just very different. That is to say, I’m sane. <ha ha>

LD :: I think you were MIA over the weekend when I answered your question that I am closer to Philly than NYC. (I’m about 15 min. outside the city.) Are you relatively local? Crazy workout—you deserved the two days’ rest, for sure!

Hi to everyone else...I'm off to kick back & relax!

-cathy :)

Wendy - our local turkey trot - http://www.turkeybeachtrot.com/awards.htm Only in San Francisco would a run give out awards for costumes. And would people run 6 miles dressed like a turkey... Also see www.baytobreakers.com which is held in May - run with 70,000 of your best and weirdest friends. Sometimes I'm proud to be a part of such a progressive and unique city. Other times I'm simply perplexed...

Barb - veggie wraps are one of those things I can make for the kids as they taste sooo good. And the kids just love them. I don't have to make two meals.

Cathy - BM2 BootCamp is fun - it's really not too bad - I think it's more fun than the original BootCamp as there are no terminators! And the cardio is longer. It's more like Viper, which I love! I think Scrambled Eggs will be harder.

Carole - I really do think part of the reason I feel so good is that I have been eating Vegan for the last three days. I keep telling myself I'm NOT converted, but, we'll see.

Christine, I didn't realize that you were from San Francisco. About 2 years ago I lived in Fresno and DH and I would go to SF quite abit. It is a great city. I think the most fun I had there was the Chinese New Year. I also stumbled into a Gay Pride Parade once. I was interviewed by the news. They asked me why I had brought my 3yr ols son at the time. Me being so unaware of where I was... said Oh I am just waiting for the Pottery Barn to open!!! My DH thought this was so funny. Anyway, I do love SF. It is the only place I would want to live in CA. Have a good night!
LD

G'evening Cheetahs!! Yet ANOTHER busy day, I swear life doesn't know how to slow down!!! }( Got Hannah's meds & she's feeling much better by tonight. Also got Kiersten's meds all straightened out from the other day- got a refund & then only had to pay $10 (the usual copay!!) & they filled her other bottle of meds properly. The pharmacist came out to apologize & said that they had a temp pharmacist & temp check out girl on Sat & they had some other problems too. I was just glad to get it all straightened out. Poor Hannah was so miserable, she was laying in the shopping cart covered w/ my jacket since she had the shivers.

On the way home we stopped by the auto body place for a quick inspection. The damage?? $557 to fix the damaged paint!!! Thank God for insurance, I talked to the insurance co. & it sounds like the guy will be the one paying my deductible. They can't fit it in til Dec 11th to fix it, but no big deal.

Oh, and I totally changed my workout plan. I really wanted to do Butts & Guts so I did that this afternoon. Then after dinner I decided to do GS C & T, I really wanted to get that workout in. Feeling pumped tonight! I'll be feeling the DOMS tomorrow, I'm sure!! My abs were still feeling it from C & W y'day!

BUT.... some good news.... our old van sold!!!! My Dad found someone interested & sold it for us!! YIPPEE!!! Merry Christmas to us! ;-) I'm telling you, it couldn't come at a better time. Thank God!

I'm going for a RUN tomorrow!!! Erin, Melissa, & I are meeting up. I'm shooting for 3 miles to see if I can run pain-free!!! You know I'll post an update! Man, it'll be hard to get up at 4:30 again, I'm so spoiled sleeping til 5:45 or 6 most mornings now! ;-)

Ok, we're watching the Thanksgiving Charlie Brown special on tv, brings back memories of my childhood!! Have a great night!

LD- you had me howling! Just waiting for the Pottery Barn to open?! That's a riot! My sister would be so proud (she works at PB simply to get the discount).

Jess - I love that Charlie Brown Special, too! Glad you were able to get the meds straightened out- what a pain! I'm so glad the guy who hit you is responsible for the paint job! And your old can sold? Great day in your household! Enjoy your RUN!!! I'llbe cheering you on!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.