***Cheetahs***Hump Day Wednesday

Judy: Westwood isn't terribly far from my mom. It's a bit of a drive from where I live now (probably about an hour), but not too bad. It's a really nice area if I am remembering correctly.

Wendi: Wow you are such a fast Cheetah. You need to get yourself entered in some races girl! :)

Carole: I did the Slo Mo Upper Body premix. It was 30 minutes long and disappointing. If I had time, I would have done it twice to get more of a work out from of it. What's on tap for your work out today?

Brighton: I love it when DH isn't home because I don't have to feel obliged to cook. He's very good about it-he doesn't EXPECT a meat n potatoes meal every night but you bet your bottom when he's not around I don't even CONSIDER it! :p:D

Karen: I definitely get more sore in my lower body from KB's then my upper. Enjoy it. ;)

Laura: Thanks for the pic! Too cute! Is she a good mom? Looks like it. :) Who's the dad? Does a friend of yours own him?

Jackie: Nope, not makin' that wake up call at all yet. I think it's the weather. I just don't wanna get up super early when it's wicked cold outside. I have a much better attitude in the warmer weather. :p

So is anyone pre-ordering either of Amy's work outs tmrw? I am all over the kb one! SURPRISE! LOL

Today will be either BodyStrikes or Squeeze LB Challenge. I'm leaning towards BS but I'll make my final decision after work.

Have a great day!:)

Last edited:
Good morning ladies!

I just finished up 4DS HIS/LIS Cardio...always fun:D! I'm amazed at how good I feel today...no DOMS, not even any tightness, from yesterday's run which is a little unusual for me when I don't run that often. I'll take that as a good sign.

I actually am caught up with personals having been the last to post last night...WOW, first time for everything, right:p?

Wendy - Sorry Slo Mo was such a letdown...maybe cuz you're just uber-fit:D. Oh, yeah, definitely with you on the weather making it hard to get out of bed early these days:confused:. Aw, shucks:eek:, thanks hon but I think that kind of pace only puts me mid-pack in my age group around here.

Gonna go pack up lunch and head off to work. See you all tonight!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendy...Sorry you were disappointed in Amy's premix of Slo mo. I never did the premixes but the whole section, not bad but not as heavy as I thought the workouts would be. I will be doing GS upper for a few weeks so C&B today. I will probably not order any of Amy's new ones.

Wendi...okay, so I won't say how warm it got yesterday!!...:D...I know though we need some rain. How is Biggest Loser this season? Sorry you will miss your step class, but stuff can get in the way sometimes. Good job with 4DS HIS/LIS!

Brighton...Hope the rolling and icing helps the ITB. Sad about your neighbor...:(...but also hard to watch someone suffer so. The warm weather is nice but we need so much rain...

Laura...Your Great Dane and those puppies are way cute!

Jackie...I will send some warm weather your way. It is nice but we are needing rain badly. Good job with iTread and yoga.

Today will be GS C&B, abs and a 7 mile run with 4-5 miles of intervals.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning, Cheetahs!!!

Well, yesterday ended up being a bit of a bust as far as working out. DH & I went to the service for our neighbor, and the rest of the day was spent wrestling with a very cranky toddler and just feeling extremely lethargic. Never made it to the gym. I just haven't been feeling quite myself lately. I had kind of a light bulb moment yesterday and wondered if I'm dealing with some sort of low-grade depression. My genetics make me prone to it, and with everything that's been going on lately... So I'm trying to get back to carving out "me" time and upping the Omega 3's and seeing if that sets things right again.

Karen: How are the legs feeling today? Thinking about you.

Jackie: Oh thanks, it was a little sad, but really more of a relief that she's not in pain anymore. It was a really nice service.

Judy: Sounds like an awesome run yesterday!!! :D

Wendi: Oh, I totally hear you on the "me" time. That's exactly how I feel about working out too. I spent so many years taking care of everyone else around me, and learned that I have to carve out "me" time if I'm going to be able to do everything else well. Aw, thanks re:neighbor to you too.

Wendy: LOL... I hear you on the cooking when DH isn't home. :) I loooove to cook, but it's hard to get the kitchen all messy and clean it all up solo when he's not home! :D

Carole: I really understand about needing rain-- it seems to be a constant out west. We're in a terrible drought, though you wouldn't know it by all the snow we've been getting lately. Things here are starting to warm up-- we must be getting some of that Cali breeze! :)

Hi to everyone who follows! :D

Today’s workout was LIC. With all my running, I am easily handling the Cathe cardios. It’s really fun to feel so strong on workouts that previously were really tough. I do have to admit that my capacity for weights has diminished. So it will be good to start P90X after my ½. I find it hard to hit a good middle ground—I usually feel that I’m either solid in weights or solid on the cardio. But it’s hard to truly max out in both. Maybe if I were willing to work out for 2 hours 6 days a week, but I just don’t want to do it. So I take turns kind of emphasizing one and then the other, trying to maintain some kind of balance all the while.

Wendi—ITA that a strong short run with mega hills can give an “I can conquer the world” feeling that is equal to a long distance run. Wow to 7:00 bedtime. I’ve had some of those nights myself from time to time. Glad you could get the rest. And WOW to your 62 minute 7 miler. Speedy Cheetah! And I LOVE the LIS/HIS premix. It's a lot of fun. Glad you like the pup picture.

Karen—Glad you have some new workouts to add variety. Sometimes that is just what we need. Hope the change of pace works for you. How are your legs by now? Glad that you were able to do a new workout with no upper DOMS.

Wendy—Thanks for the perspective on recovering from various types of runs. That’s helpful. I just had a moment of thinking “Maybe my body can’t do this!” The puppies dad belongs to a co-worker. According to DD4, our dog is NOT a good mom because she steps on her puppies! :D

Judy—Yes, having a solid run AFTER my long run was a really good feeling. Since I am also training for my first ½, I won’t offer any advice on your training schedule. But I will say “Wow” that you’ve bumped up your race by 5 weeks. And “Wow” to a 1/2m with hills. I’m plotting out our course right now and am determined to include as few as possible!

Carole—Thanks for the encouragement that recovery will get easier. That’s what I need to hear right now! Our mission’s oversight is in Fort Worth, TX, so I can easily join you in rooting for the Cowboys (except we’ll have to wait till next year!). Some of my friends can see the new stadium from their house. The construction has lit up the sky, even throughout the night! 73 is quite warm, even for January, isn’t it? I loved the weather when we were in CA. It was 60 for most of January where we were (San Joachin valley). Thanks re: the cute puppies.

Brighton—LOL at you feeling like a superhero after running your HFH. ITA! :D And you know, the eating thing might’ve played a part in my slow recovery. I tried to eat well, but DH went out of town the next day, and DS was sick. So that made it hard to plan just really great healthy meals over the weekend. DH and I had a spunky elderly friend, too, and I just love folks like that. Sorry for the loss—I understand what you mean by “bittersweet.” Thanks re: my adorable pups. Have you started foam rolling yet. Get ready. It’s really “ouch!” when you start (but gets better).

Jackie—Thanks re: our working in Africa. Yes, I had a really fun run yesterday. Thanks for the info re: P90X. You say your body fat went up? That’s really interesting and seems a little strange. I just ordered that very same vest!

Judy—Thanks re: the pups! A tempo run on hills? You go girl! You will be ready for that hilly ½ mary.

As I told Jackie (see post above), I just ordered a weighted vest. A shipping container is being sent from America, so that is a great chance to order heavy or bulky items. When we travel by plane, I can easily carry workout clothes and smaller equipment, but weights and steps have to come on a container. So. . . I ordered a new workout mat, a high step (I have the Fanny Lifter, but it is too light and scoots across the floor), plus the vest. I’m excited. The container will be here mid-April. Talk about delayed gratification! I also ordered a full size trampoline for my kids. They will be so excited. I have spent $$$$. Bt It’s kind of feast or famine here, so I took advantage of the opportunity and ordered a bunch of stuff.

Hello lovely cheetahs! I seem to be on an every other day posting ability lately:confused: My time yesterday was rather limited since I had to run into town for a rather long training session (another fancy new piece of critical care equipment) Ah well, I did get in a decent 4 mile interval run and later in the day did ITR.

Just finished with Mindy's All systems Go again. It was just as hard the second time around. This one ranks right up there as one of the hardest workouts I have. It's billed as an ultimate nonstop cardio and strength rush- definitely an accurate description! I'll go for another steady state run in a bit of 4-5 miles.

Wendy- Yes, indeed I am planning on taking advantage of Amy's presale tomorrow with the free shipping. I'll be getting both the Kettlebell w/o and the other one as well. I like your plan for the increase in weekly mileage, just keep up with the steady 10% or so increase and I think you'll do fine.

Wendi- Have you conquered any of that massive to-do list? Great job in sailing thru the 4DS cardio after a run yest!!

Laura- Yes indeed you will certainly begin to recover more quickly after the longer distances in time. It wont be too long before you shrug off a 10 miler like it was nothing!

Carole- 73 degrees? Oh my... the temps won't even get to 20 for alot of the time this week here! well... it does provide some stimulus for running anyway hee hee.... if I don't keep running I'll freeze!! :eek: That is an awesome interval run you have planned!!!!

Brighton- Does sound like you could use a good dose of "me" time. Sorry about your neighbor--- she did sound like a saint! Glad to hear you are making good use of the foam roller. It may very well take several weeks tho before the ITB issue is history.

Jackie- You poor friend sure is dealing with alot lately with the surgery and delayed cancer therapy. Im sure he values your support quite a bit right now! Nice job with the iTread sprints yest.

Judy- Awesome hilly run yest!!! I think you are in fine shape for this upcoming HM--even if it is 5 weeks earlier then planned!

I think that about catches me up for now y'all. Going in tonight for the start of another long work stretch(sigh). I hope to get in a quick run tomorrow morning and maybe some upper body work.

tata

Shelly

Good morning Cheetahs!

Judy - Nice job on the hilly run yesterday! Hope there aren't too many hills in your half. Those darn things are no fun when you want to work on speed. :D

Wendi - I'm strong! I can handle Denise - voice and all. :D I like the workout so much that she really doesn't bother me. Now, her cardio stuff bothers me because she can't keep with the beat. :confused: Sure there will be other days to catch that step class. Caught some of BL last night. Felt bad for Jerry but he and the wife looked great at the end! Great job with the workout! Glad you're feeling like Wonder Woman. :p

Wendy - I don't blame you. I would take a break from cooking too with DH gone. Of course, I can take a break any time I want. :p I have my heat programmed to come on about the time I need to get up in the mornings. At least the house will be warm. Then, I need to turn it down for my workouts. Maybe if you get started when the weather warms up, you'll keep going when it gets cold again. Haven't checked Amy's website in quite some time.

Carole - The next time the flood gates open here I'll try and send some your way. We're looking at the teens for tonight. Enjoy C&B! Sounds like a tough 7 mile run today. Hope it was a good one!

Brighton - You have had a few things to deal with in the past few weeks. It could be weighing on you. Hope you feel better. I would rather see people at peace rather than suffering.

Laura - It's nice that your running is helping you conquer Cathe's cardio. Don't think I could stand to work out 2 hours every day. I can do it every now and then when I have extra time. Yes, my BF went up with P90X. But, again, I blame it on not doing the workouts as produced and adding extra cardio. It was the same way with P90X+. BF stayed the same. Also, I only did the P90X rotation for 2 months and P90X+ for 1 month. Talking about delayed gratification on all your new fitness goodies but good gratification. Oh, the anticipation!

Shelly - Isn't training so much fun? :D Anything to help do the job better. Glad you got in a good run! That Mindy workout does sound like a tough one. And, if you say it is, it has to be so. Have a good run!

Linda - How are things with DD?

Today's workout was CLX BC#2 and Ab Burner. I went down to 20 pounds on a couple of the exercises that my arms got tired from holding the weights last week. That was much better. Next week, I'll increase the weight again and go down in reps and see how that works.

Happy Hump Day!

Hey there, Cheetahs!

I have been home from work (sick) the past couple of days. DD went to the doctor for the tests on Monday. The blood flow to the umbilical cord was still elevated....but not as bad as the previous two times. The decided to let her go until tomorrow. So, tomorrow they will do an amniocentesis and induce her. She is 36 weeks, today...so things should be okay. He will only be a month early.

Jackie - Thanks for asking about her! She is hanging in there and seems to be in good spirits...and she is actually feeling pretty good :) Great job on your CLX workout! I am really, really liking these!

Shelly - Great job on your run yesterday and ASG today! Enjoy your run today, too. I am sorry you have been bombarded with all the training! Hopefully, things will get back to normal, soon!

Laura - That is so true about certain workouts seeming "easy" when you go back to them after being used to mostly running! But sometimes.....certain muscles of mine fatigue more when I go back to something different! AFter doing a few step workouts after my marathon, though.....they seemed so much easier than I remembered! It is so funny how I never really think of all how "easy" it is to just order here, being " in" the states! I guess I kind of took it for granted! :eek:

Brighton - I am sorry you are feeling a bit down! I hope you find some time for yourself and hopefully, things will "brighten" up for you. (LOL didn't actually mean the pun....until after I typed it). Seriously, though....I hope you start feeling better! I am really sorry about your neighbor. :(

Carole - Enjoy your run and GSs and abs!

Wendi - Good job on your workout! I am glad you had no DOMS! It sure makes a difference in how you feel during a workout when everything feels loose and good!!!

Wendy - I am definitely ordering Amy's tomorrow if the sale goes up before I have to go to the hospital! I am sorry you were disappointed in Slo Mo. I like it, but it wasn't really what I had hoped it would be. But then again....I don't think I spent enough time with it. One of these days, I will give it another try.

Hey to everyone! I am sorry I seem to be so hit or miss, lately! Things have just been so crazy! I have been trying to stick to my workouts and CLX! :)

Yesterday was CLX Burn Circuit 1 and a 4 mile run.
Today was Burn Intervals, Extreme Abs and 60 minutes on the EXT.

I know......I am supposed to be "sick". I know I probably shouldn't be working out....but I did it anyway and it actually made me feel "better". I kept the intensity lower on the run and EXT.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Linda

I'll be back a bit later or in the morning for personals. I just want to post a fly-by to report my work out before I forget.

Body Strikes followed by Squeeze LB Challenge. Hurts so good!;)

BBL!

WE GOT OUT DOG. WELL MY DAD'S DOG BUT STILL OUT DOG. We got her from the shelter today. She is an Alaskan Malamute. She is 4 years old and very well behaved. She knows give me paw, and sit. I walked in there today just to see if new dogs came in and she just became available. I went and got Dad right away and now she is ours. I can tell dad is already in better spirits. I am sooooooo happy. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just wanted to get back on-- tried the knee out with the running-- still very painful. Soooo, rolled with the foam roller for a few minutes and then did a Turbo Jam instead. Needed something fun and not too taxing, and that fit the bill perfectly. Rolled again after the workout.

Right now DH is trying out my foam roller-- he came home and saw it, and said-- "so that's the foam roller, huh? Let's see how this thing works." So I showed him, and he's blown away-- "Holy smokes, that hurts!" :D :D :D He's still out there rolling with it... can hear him grunting... LOL... Heaven knows he could probably use it-- he is so inflexible. :)

Laura: I feel the same way about feeling stronger with the Cathe videos with the distance running. LIC is a fave of mine. Love the abs section. Toasty! :D Yeah-- the foam roller is pretty "ouchy" but almost in a good kind of way, like a deep tissue massage. Which is what I guess it really is anyway. I can really tell it's helping already. How long do you normally roll for?

Shelly: Yes, I've resigned myself to the possibility of a longer recovery than I'd like. Just trying to take it a day at a time and refocusing my attention on the half we have the end of March rather than the mary the end of April. If I make it to the 26.2 that's great, if not, I'll try for the TOU marathon the end of Sept. (I've always wanted to do that one too.) With all the stress going on the last few weeks (3 funerals!-- I really, really hope that's all for awhile...) maybe a little relaxing on the training is what my body needs anyway.

Jackie: ITA, it's good knowing she's at peace & not suffering any more. I do think everything is finally hitting me with the last few weeks. There's been more drama the past 6 weeks than the last 6 years it feels like! I'm hoping a little rest & refocus helps release the stress a bit. Thanks for the support. :)

Linda: :D at your pun. :) I'm glad to hear DD is doing better. I really hope all goes well with the delivery!!! I was born 8 weeks premature, 30+ years ago. Technology & medical knowledge had come a long way since then-- I'm sure DD and your wonderful grandchild will be in good hands. :)

Wendy: Good workout! :) Grinning at "hurts so good!" :D

Karen: Oh, I am so happy for you & your family!!! Malamutes are awesome dogs. My brother had one and we just adored her. I hope she brings your family (esp. Dad) much happiness.

Good night, Cheetah friends-- it's been quiet in the den lately! Dallas & Christine-- missing you guys! Posh, hope all is well with the madhouse! ;) Cathy, weekdays aren't the same without ya! Can't wait to "see" you on the weekend. :)

All the best & hugs to the rest of the Cheetah clan-- Gloria, Judy, & Wendi.
You guys are the best.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.