::: Cheetahs ::: Happy Friday, 8/18

Christine: LOL about DD17!:7 :7 :7 Thanks re the calcium pill. I'll have to pick up a bottle next time I'm in the store. :)

Laura: I take a store brand daily vitamin plus glucosamine for my joints since I do a ton of high impact cardio, garlic which is good for cardio health + immune system and extra vit C for immune system.
I am certainly not getting sick like I used to. I have a little bug right now but it's the first in quite a while!:)

Jess :: good luck in tomorrow’s half! Run strong, cheetah! We’ll be cheerin’ for ya. :)

Katie :: I know how you feel…I don’t like taking rest days, either, but you’re right, we do need them. When I first starting working out this past January (after several years’ hiatus -- not to mention several pounds), I had to really push myself to work out. Now I have force myself NOT to, which is how it used to be with my running. It’s great to be at that point again.

Elaine :: sorry to hear you’re a little under the weather, too. Hope you can nip it in the bud. Thank you – I guess we cheetahs inspire one another. I’m so glad I found this forum! I finished school the third week in June and am off until the day after Labor Day. It is the first summer I haven’t worked (well, excluding the four days of committee work I did earlier this month). Teachers at my school are required to be in by 7:30 and stay until 2:45. I usually arrive around 7 and leave by about 3 unless I have a meeting or stay late to get something done. But I prefer to do the majority of my work from home, and I especially like to get ahead of PM traffic.

Laura :: I’m sorry to hear about your father and about the stress & frustration you have with your siblings. Is delegating an option? Anyway, glad he is doing better. I do not take any vitamins.

Christine :: glad your heel didn’t give you any trouble and you survived the dentist w/out too much pain. Did someone mention NOLA? Love that town! Wash it all down with a Hurricane and you’ll be good to go. :)

Wendy :: you got that right about those eChecks…grr!! Why did I think it would be simple??

Thomasina :: lol about your checkbook on fire. *I’ve* been spending like I live in the Hamptons! Time to rein it in. I missed yoga today (in favor of seeing _Snakes on a Plane_) but will get in there on Sunday. I do need it!

Shelly :: Alright, I’ll ‘fess up…it was, um, me who sort of called you a maniac for kickboxing after running, but I meant that in a totally good way. Honest. :) As I’ve said many times already, I’m completely in awe of the cheetahs and how hard you work your bodies whether there’s rain, hellish heat, sleet, stress, sickness, etc. Amazing!

I'm gearing up for a bit of an indulgent night...heading over to Philly to a place called Chickie & Pete's for a few Coronas and their to-die-for crab fries. Mmm! I'll try not to overdo it, but hey, ya gotta live a *little*, right?

Have a great night!
cathy :)

Cathy: Sounds like you have a fun night planned and yes, you are right! All work and no play makes jill a dull girl so GO FOR IT! }(

So Cheetahs...I know Cathy and Barbara are from NJ but how many more of you are local to the tristate area? I know we talked about a local GTG...who is seriously interested?

We can talk long-range plans for a gtg with ALL of us too if you want!}(

DH called before. He is working some o/t today. I may have to bring DS to the gym with me. Wasn't planning on that but it's okay. Lord knows he likes the daycare!:+ I'll just have to leave a little later than planned cause the daycare doesn't open back up until 5pm.

Not sure what's up for the rest of the evening. DH will probably be too tired to go out anywhere. I may give a friend a call and see if I can roust up some trouble!}( ;) :7

Wendy - good luck with your 5 miles!

Cathy - have a blast tonight, but I HAVE to ask - what are crab fries?!?

To all you moms out there - my sister's sister-in-law just wrote a children's book and it's cute. http://www.lulu.com/content/397013 Just in case you're interested... She's a wonderful girl and a jewelry designer.

DD17 survived and she's talking to me, but she has no plans to do Meaner Legs again soon. She's in pain... }(

Their crab fries are really just fries with Old Bay seasoning...and they come with a side of cheese...chickie's & pete's are the absolute best! Good wings, too.

Hi everyone I think I will join your checkin. I have not run since last Sunday. I did 12 miles. This has been the first week back to school. I am an Elementary School Librarian in a Title One School. Needless to say it is stressful and the first week or two are hard on me and my sleep. I think my sleep is finally back in order so I plan on running 8 miles tomorrow (probably on my treadmill). I will continue to do Cathe AWT type tapes through my 1/2 Marathon training, then I want to cut my running back to two days a week with 4 days of Cathe. I would love some rotation advice at that point.

I have discovered that the training for the 1/2 now is not very family friendly. It was easy during my summer vacation but now I am back at school. I really need to keep my workouts at 60 minutes or less. My run last week was well over two hours. I am thinking 10K is a more realistic distance for this busy Mom. I do want to see through my 1/2 goal as I know I can do it. I think I will train for a full Marathon the year my youngest boy enters college.

Thanks, Natalie

:) :D :7 :+ }( :) ;-) :D :+ :7 :) }( ;) :7 :+ !!!!!!

I DID IT!!!!!

5 miles!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!

:7 :7 :7 ^^^^^^5:7 :7 :7

WAY TO GO WENDY CHEETAH!!!!

:7 :7 :7 ^^^^^^5:7 :7 :7

Enjoy the wave your riding honey you've earned it:* :D

I was just gonna check the boards quickly before bed but had to post my CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

ROCK THE HOUSE WENDY!!!!:7

Nighty Night Cheetah:)

Laurie

Wendy!!!!!

http://www.emotihost.com/glass5/24.gif[/img]

5 miles???

http://bestsmileys.com/signs16/19.gif[/img]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.