Cheetahs - Gambling on a Good Run Sunday!

Hello cheetahs! Checkin in from Sin City again! Well, my 2nd marathon is completed, 3rd if you count my 27 mile Man against Horse race.

Sunny- Fantastic performance on your half yesterday. Congratulations, now you are among the ranks of the serious long distance cheetahs:eek: :eek:

Judy- I am WAY impressed with your 5k performance under those conditions. You are AWESOME!

okay, okay, I won't keep you in suspense any longer. I had a great time and felt pretty good the whole way through. My left ankle still hurted some so I wasn't in top form but still pulled of a decent performance anyway. I finished in 4:30 exactly according to
my Garmin. It took about 10 minutes just to get to the start there were so many runners! The had fireworks at the start and we ran the strip for the first several miles. An unbelievable experience!!!
I got to run with Carole and her sister Karen for the first 6 miles.
Karen is every bit as wonderful and beautiful as our superCarole!
It was such fun getting to run with them and gave me an awesome lift for the rest of my race. Carole finished in 2:08 approximately for a 9:45 pace overall and she said her sister was in just a minute or so ahead of her. I just spoke with her on the phone and she said I could share this with y'all.
Oh yes, my time beat my last official marathon by more than 20 minutes so I'm pretty danged pleased! I saw my DH at the finish and he took my pic but then I lost him in the crowd!!! An easy thing to do here in Vegas. Anyway, I waiting on him to meet me back in the room. Later we'll be having dinner with the fabulous sister duo.
Last nite they took in Cirque de Soleil. Jerry and I are old fuddy duddys and we just flaked out.
I guess that is it for now!
Thanks for all your well wishes.
Congrats again to Judy and Sunny
Wendy- Great job with your 5k..... don't blame you for leaving your clients behind and wanting to finish!!!!

ShellyC

Hey girls.

My work out is done. Here's what I did:

**LIS step warm up on bosu.
**LIS lower body sculpting exercises x 2 (only uses SB ball)
**HSTA cardio + lower body premix doing cardio and leg press portions only. (cardio:bosu, leg press:bands)
**I did my own cooldown and then HSTA stretch to finish it off.

(Total time: 1 hour)

No time for personals but I'll surely be back later!

CONGRATULATIONS SHELLY, CAROLE and SISTER! WOO HOO Ladies! You all rock!!!!:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

BBL!

Hey there, cheetahs!

I see we’ve gotten our race report. Congrats, Shelly, on your PR!!!! WOO-HOO!!! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_cheering-1.gif

Carole :: nice job pullin’ sub-10s!!! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_respect.gif I hear such great things about Cirque…would love to see it someday…enjoy dinner tonight!

Christine :: hope you made it to Chicago safely. Am concerned after seeing reports of the storm's impact in the Midwest...I wound up going back and buying that CK jacket - also in white. We can be twin cheetahs. :)

Wendy :: Chuckling at your bad pun this morning…:)…I like to torment my students with those…We have no accumulation here, but it is bitterly cold and has been sleeting/raining all day. I actually braved the DM today. :) Another great mish-mosh, I see. I have to write that one down for future reference.

Jackie :: I do think the iTreads will help me endure the TM this winter. After a fall of mild temperatures (T-giving was in the low 70s!), this cold snap is too drastic for me to brave the outdoors just yet. I do miss the fresh air, though…hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Lori :: I’m in agreement with Wendy re: the X. PLUS, Tony is easy on the eyes, and I like his goofball sense of humor. One thing I really appreciate about the workouts is that everyone on the video works at their own pace to the best of his/her ability. It’s not choreographed or color-coordinated. You really feel like a regular Jill workin’ out at the gym with some buds. *lol* about your typo…and here I was thinkin' you *did* get a new dog. :)

Wendi :: Grrr…how annoying about your boss standing you up like that!…And he wonders how you get sick??? Hmmphh!…Nope, didn’t opt for an outdoor run. I’d hoped it was going to just be snow in the AM (which is what was initially predicted) – I would’ve enjoyed that. There's something joyful about snow that makes the cold bearable. But it’s been a sleet/rain deal – and bone-chilling dampness. So…nah! :)

Linda :: I’m with you – I have not gotten outside for a run in awhile. The new EXT has been keeping me distracted. Great job with your TM run today. Will be curious to see which of the two devices is off.

Lorie :: (((HUGS))) comin' atcha. You OK?

Hi Susan!

OK, time to hit the showers and get ready for the surprise party.

TTYL or in the AM!

ETA: I forgot to post my workout...4DS SCC...iTread #22 (hillwork - run/walk combo - 20 min.) followed by 20 min. on the EXT (5 min @ 30 degrees, 5 min. @ 20 degrees and 10 min. @ 10 degrees, the latter of which was a real butt burner). Finished off w/ 2 pullups and 2 chinups. Just call me Ah-nold. ;) *lol*

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Cathy: Glad to know someone appreciates my totally goofy sense of humor!:7 Hope you have fun at the party tonight!:)

Congratulations Shelley, Carole and Sis! Great job! Enjoy your remaining time there!

Wendy - Good workout you created! Sounds fun!

Cathy - Good workout and enjoy the party!

I took an almost two hour nap this afternoon! That was dumb of me...I will never get to sleep tonight, especially since I even slept in 'til 7:30 this morning! Grr! I "know" not to do that on Sundays! x(

TTYL!

Linda

Yeah to our racing Cheetahs!! Awesome job to Shelly, Carole, & her sister!! I hope you share some race photos w/ us!!

Lori: I say get the X AND X+ for DH and then you can use them too!}(

Linda: Great run today. Sorry something tracked your mileage wrong. You are probably correct in that it was the nike thing. I hope it was just a fluke though.

So we ordered in Chinese for dinner. I ordered the smaller portion of sweet n sour chicken }( :9 }( and proceeded to go whole hog on it and devour it all!!!!!! I LOVE that stuff though I know it's so very bad for me. I need to learn to control myself around the bad stuff! UGH! x( The upside...well, if there IS an upside lol...is that it was a small enough portion that I don't feel over-stuffed as that would make it 1000 times worse.

Well, GTG get DS bathed and ready for bed now.

BBL!:)

Good evening Cheetahs!

Well, so far no progress on anything I wanted to get done today...oh well.

Lori - Glad to hear your TM was on its best behavior...great workout! DOH, I really thought you were talking about a dog not DS :eek:! Sorry, like I said to Cathy the other day, I sometimes do exhibit airhead tendencies.

Linda - Fantastic run today! Unfortunately, because of a little snow, the tournament was moved to next week so I doubt I'll be able to do it now x(. I'm going to beg and plead to get off work to do it. SO and I were 3rd last year (doubles tourney) so we were really looking forward to it.

Shelly - Thanks for the race report! It sounds like you gals had a fantastic time and absolutely ROCKED!!!!!! That must have been amazing to run the strip with that many runners and fireworks...WOW! Congrats on your time! I am in awe :eek:! Please send my ^5s to Carole and Karen for an amazing race and great times!!!

Wendy - Fantastic mish mosh! I think I'll have to steal that one! Don't sweat the Chinese...I bet it was yummy and I think your workout probably took care of it!

Cathy - Oh, you and Christine would look so cute together bundled in your kewl white parkas :7! IA that a run in the snow does sound nice...it was the 17* that would probably keep me in. I DESPISE the cold!!!! That's probably why I was in such a foul mood last night!

That catches me up for now. I really should get something done tongight but my bed is looking pretty inviting right now, lol. Nightie nite Cheetahs!

Shelly Carole & Sis Karen [font color=red] Awesome job today![/font]

Those times are just Cheethastic! How special that Shelly and Carole got to run together! I though of this group during my race. Imagine how special it was to be with a YaYa Cheetah Sister during a race!

Have a great dinner girls (and Jerry) and have a few drinks for us!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Evening Cheetahs!

Lori - A new treadmill from Santa would be really, really nice.

Wendy - Guess my body responds well to anything as long as it's being worked. Like the way you described the music in P90X. Definitely not for your listening pleasure. :)

Wendi - Sorry for the bad day at work yesterday and the inconsiderate boss. Glad you got in a good workout. No gadgets from Wally World but I'm getting ideas for when I move into the new house. Sorry bowling was cancelled. Hope you made the most of the free afternoon.

Susan - Sounds like you will have some busy days ahead of you. Good workouts!

Linda - Great job on the 11.25 miles today. That is a big difference between the tm and the Nike. Oooh, hope you can sleep tonight. Don't take naps during the day for that very reason.

Shelly - Congratulations on your marathon and beating your previous time. Great job! Proud of you! Glad you, Carole and her sis had a fun time. Carole had a great time too. Congrats to all 3!! YIPPEE!!

Cathy - I don't like to run outside when the temps start dropping below 40. It takes my legs awhile to warm up. I can just hop on that treadmill and get it over and done. Agree that the fresh air is good. I've yet to venture up to that 30 degree incline on the EXT. Glad you're having fun. Have fun at the party.

My co-worker sent me a big chocolate chip birthday cookie yesterday. I ate too much of it. But, it was really good and it was my BD. DBF ate some of it. I cut the rest up and put it in the freezer. I have to eat it a little at a time.

Nighty nite! :)

Linda ~ I definitely say order the P90X! And I hate to plug it, but I am a coach for MDB so you can order it from my website if you want. Right now they have a special where you can order P90X and the pullup bar together & save 10%. HTH!

P90X is awesome, I'm starting round 3 tomorrow! ;-) Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Cheetahs,

Gotta make it quick, got tons of homework to do but I wanted to say hello since I've not been able to check-in for a couple of days. I've been busy with shopping, errands, cleaning, appointments, and working on the *garage*...lol. Now I am WAY behind in getting my homework done so I won't be able to get to personals until lunch time tomorrow. However, i just gotta say.....

ROCK ON CHEETAH RACERS!! Sunny, Judy, Carole (and her sis), Wendy, and Shelly!!! You guys are such an inspiration!! Congratulations to all of youz!

Talk at ya'll tomorrow!!!

Thomasina :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.