::.:: CHEETAHS ::.:: Ease on down the road....Sunday

Wendi - I am sorry your are so exhausted! You have had one tough week, though! Congrats on all of your wins, too!

Lorie - Enjoy whatever cardio you decide to do!

Hey to anyone that I may have missed! Hey Jackie, Judy, Posh, Dallas and everyone!

Wendy - Enjoy the Boardwalk! That sounds like fun!

Cathy! Way to rock that run!
2257.gif
YEAH!! I've never run 18 miles in my life! Amazing lady! The geriatric set seems to really appreciate me, too. ;) I guess they appreciated curves on women back then! Share Lance?!? Oh well, if I HAVE to... :eek:

Karen - great job on getting the basement done!! I'll bet you feel nice and accomplished! Thanks for the compliment on cycling. I guess I've been riding for so long, that I think it's an easy sport. I love it so much.

Okay - I wussed out. The thought of those shower games without my friend to share the misery was too much. I made up a lame excuse, but the bride-to-be understood (of course - she's the sweetest thing!). But, Sue and I (my friend who is sick) will be planning a surprise shower for the girl at work - figured she'd get more loot that way, and we'd avoid the lame games! :p Now I find myself with a lot of time. Man does it feel good! I can get the stuff done that I need to get done. Or I can play on the computer. :rolleyes: Off to eat lunch...

Linda - I am a firm believer that if you have a bad run before the big one, then the big one will be a good one. Just prep for this one right! I hope you're feeling better! Lmbo at the Mrs. Lance. I sooo wish that I had his speed and hill climbing abilities!

Karen :: Must feel good to have the basement all squared away...Oh, my weakness! Pizza with lotsa and lotsa CHEESE sounds sooo good right now!...*lol* I knew you didn't mean me. I'm in my off season...but not for long. :)

Linda :: Sorry it wasn't one of your better long runs. That's funny--because I felt the 18 today went better for me than 16 did. Go figure. Even last weekend's 11 didn't feel that hot, and guess what? For that one, I took water instead of Cytomax. I do believe those recovery drinks can be key. If you do what you KNOW has worked next weekend, I think you'll do fine. And remember, it can be just a training run, if you like. No expectations but feeling good, having fun, and finishing...BTW, with respect to food, this time, I think it also helped that I went a little higher on calories the last two days. (I went for a B on Friday and a C yesterday.)...I just removed my toenail polish...have a couple of nails that feel a little sore after today. Have been hoping to avoid THAT nastiness. So I want the polish off, so I can keep an eye on things...I will apply heat to my back again tonight, but I think I have this thing under control now.

Christine :: thank you--your smilies made me smile...YES--I thought sharing was part of the agreement!! :) :) :) I do not blame you one bit for baggin' out on the shower.

Linda- so sorry to hear about the run today. Come on over and join me for some pizza. It's good for energy and running :D Plus you'll feel so much better knowing you ate less then me.:eek:

Thanks Ladies, for the kind comments!

Christine - That is what I am hoping for! I uderstand about the shower! I was supposed to go to one yesterday, but I was just too exhausted....so I didn't go. I felt bad for my sis and stepmom....but I just couldn't do it!! It was a baby shower.

Karen - yum!!! The pizza would definitely have helped! I probably would have eaten a lot more than you!!

Cathy - Hope your toenails are okay! I think I am getting ready to lose one. I am absolutely sure I didn't eat quite enough the past few days...even though I truly meant to. My stomach hasn't been quite right. I loved your blog entry! You would not believe my "gadgets"! An iPod Nano, my handheld bottle (sometimes along with my fuel belt with the 3 little bottles), my Garmin, my phone (usually in a waist pack, or a thingey on my arm) and today a GymBoss, as well. Last night I bought an iPhone, so I downloaded my iTreads, etc to that, so now I will only have to take that, instead of iPod and phone! That will be good. Tooo many gadgets! They used to say running was such an affordable sport, just grab your shoes and go! Shoot! Whatever happened to those days? ,)

Last edited:
Just finished adding to the nutrition program and am looking forward to dessert: TWO pieces of pumpkin pie. I'm not even hungry, but that'll put me at the 1,200 calorie mark for today (with calories burned factored in). Now THAT is a sweet bonus of the long run! :)

Linda :: Oh, I hope you don't lose yours. That happened to me after my half, and it was not pretty!...Also hope your stomach rights itself again. Seems to be acting up on you lately..*lol* You are right. Gone are the days when all you need are a pair of running shoes. But hey, I think you win as the queen of gadgets! :) Congrats on your iPhone--very cool!

back from one busy weekend!

Hi Cheetahs

After being at DNephew's weeding with the family all weekend we are now safely back home. The celebration was very sweet for the happy couple.

We did have a scare at the beginning of the weekend. MY Dbrother, (the one in NJ with the race scoring business) was on his way to set up for a 24 hour bike race when his van was hit by a bus. It was a major accident in NJ. He is lucky to be alive. The bus went over a ravine and 26 people on the bus were sent to the hospital. It is a miracle that my DB is alive and not injured. Cathy & Wendy and Shelly you may have seen it on the news.

I'll have to try to catch up on personals in the morning. We are just trying to get settled here. nighty night friends

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.