:::: CHEETAHS :::: bring out the beast Wed.

Hello ladies! I'm back but only briefly. My day is zooming by and I am exhausted. I think instead of my hill run tonight I will take a rest day. My first thought was to do a strength workout, but I know that I won't be able to get much out of it with me being so tired.

The storms that came through last night caused more damage than I thought. My work has experienced a few big problems from the storms. Also an employee at one of our plants in AL lost both of her parents and little brother in one of the storms from a tornado. Also, back in the small county where my inlaws and mother live the city has issued a state of emergency. Not sure of the specifics of the damage, but the courthouse, a shopping plaza, and the electric company were hit by a tornado.

Wendy - I received my tracking number. YEAH!

Well, I need to try to wrap things up here at work. Only one more hour before I can leave to pick up the kids and finally head home. I might be able to make it back later. WAVES to all Cheetahs!

I’m back from the conference. The CEO’s speech was boring simply because I’ve used parts of the speech myself. I could have almost given that one. :p But after John came the Key Note Speaker and he was hysterical. I really enjoyed listening to him. I’m back home, wondering if I’ll get my Kettlebell Goddess workout today. If I do, I may just have to do it. :p

Lori – Good job on the run!

Dallas – I only have Volume 1 – I didn’t want to get too deep. But then I bought Kettlebell Goddess, and that should be here soon. So I haven’t had the pleasure (?) of deck squats yet. I may have to go get it to figure out what those are! :p

Judy – Yeah, V-steps are tough on the step. I’ll need to watch it to see if I can think of a modification. In IMax 2 I did knees up instead. BMax 1 Power Circuits actually worked really well. I even did the front lunges onto the BOSU. It was fun. I feel like a little kid on that BOSU with the bounciness! :p I like the way you think when it comes to your Great Room. Have you gotten it just right yet?

Kristi – Oh, that’s horrible about your coworker in AL! I’m so sorry for her! I’m glad you are safe! I’ve heard 50 people were killed. That’s a huge amount!

Evening, cheetahs!

Wendy :: I picked up 3 lbs. over the holidays and 2-3 more this month. :( Not catastrophic but I definitely needed to snap to.

Lori :: ooh, shopping! What did you buy?

Christine :: I’m thinkin’ the cardio portion of Bosu Blast is a good one to keep in the mix on occasion, but I’d like to try to do the abs once a week. They are just killer! Paper ballots? Really? Fierce w/out, woman…WTG.

Carole :: I’d ask you to be my pacesetter if I do a mary someday, but you’d have to crawl! *lol*

Jackie :: I took the plunge yesterday and sprung for the yearly iTrain membership. The workshop wasn’t boring, but I still found myself fighting off the zzz’s toward the end. I’m glad you’re feeling back up-to-snuff.

Lorie :: *lol* I hear you…As busy as things are right now, I thought I would need to cut back on forums a little bit, but I decided I *need* the downtime. I will probably be back in panic mode after this Saturday’s class. It’s a helpful session every month, but at the same time, it raises my level of anxiety about the whole process. I *love* all the smileys. Cracked up at the one snoozing at his desk.

Dallas :: hope everything’s going OK for you…Nope, I would agree, you wouldn’t need the ski conditioning vid. Whoo, at least you’re safe with that one, huh? *lol* HANS UND FRANZ??? Shut up! I used to love SNL back in the day!!!

Shelly :: great job plowing through your to-do list…hope we get to see some race pics…I love your cats’ names!

Sunny :: thanks for the boxing workout info…I often find myself on the same page with you in terms of workout reviews, so your opinion holds a lot of weight with me! Hmm, but I think I’ll skip this time around. BTW, I have Circuit Max/Cardio Kicks if you know anyone who’s interested ;) :7

Judy :: Nice bonus workout with furniture moving!

Yo, Posh! Where ya been? Workin' out that credit card again??

Hi to anyone else dropping by...have a great night!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

cathy-YOU WILL BE FINE!!! just think for a minute at all the people you know who are NB certified. you are WAY smarter than the lot of them (i know a bunch and while some are super smart, some are just hard workers). it's the same thing with a doctorate. i truly believe if you are willing to do the work and put in the time, anyone can get one. it's just a lot of hoop jumping. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_1_132v.gif
yes, you're going to have to put the study time in, but you are a great teacher, very smart and capable, and you will do it.

okay, that's enough of my pep talk.

oh, and crack, crack, crack, crack, crack!

Howdy there chicas!

I'm sorry I didn't get back for personals this morning. Between reading up on PF and having to get off to work I found myself a bit short on time.

Thank you all so, so much for all the advice and support. It was so awesome to know that my Cheetahs were in my corner! On the plus side...the foot felt pretty darn good today. I only had one twinge and it was the result of a stupid step...my fault x(. I did discover that if I stay on even, meaning paved or some other solid surface, there is little to no pain. However, walking in the ring (sand mix) is where I'm really having a hard time. It almost feels like all those micro-adjustments that your foot has to make for balance are what cause the most pain, not any kind of impact. It made me wonder if all of my time on the Bosu lately could have contributed to this as well ;(...I *heart* my Bosu and don't want to give it up ;(. Oh well, it's been nixed for now though.

Cathy - Thanks, but I think I stole Cheetastic from Judy, if I remember correctly ;). That is, indeed, the perfect workout for you...ski + Bosu = nice sweatfest!

Sunny - Sorry to hear of your iTread disappointment this month. I know you're quite the junkie ;). Thanks for the healing wishes.

Lorie - Thank you so much for letting "her" come out and play...that's exactly how I feel today x(! How on earth did you get through two hours of yoga!?!?!?! LOL about the wine...2 glasses puts me right to sleep. My plan for tonight is to read through PF stuff here...I KNOW there HAS to be some good info here ;). Awesome workout today! OMG LMAO at the "crack"!!!!!

Wendy - Wouldn't you know that the first thing I thought was "Now I HAVE to find a HM this summer to do with da girls!" Sorry to hear that you're still fighting off the cruddies. You've been putting in some great workouts!!!

Lori - Fantastic run today!

Christine - Thanks hon. I actually tried to wrap it this morning and found it actually made it worse so I nixed that idea. No, I'm too askeered to get the X :p. You know, once again, you've inspired me. I'm not a very religious person and have never given anything up for Lent. Well this year, that's a changin'! I'm borrowing Gayle's idea...I will stop abusing my body with food binges. Sorry your boss' speech was a snoozefest, but happy to hear that the Key Note was worth the drive. I only wish it was a *real* vacay. It's only three days and I'm just tagging along on a business trip...anything to have the opportunity to spend time with him.

Carole - Thanks for the info!!!! I will definitely check that one out...*adds to notebook located to side of computer*. I actually *know* for a fact that my left foot has *never* "lined up"...one of the reasons I could never become a dancer (killed me when I started pointe as a kid). The, ahem, *insinuation* from my boss was that it was caused by my running, which he doesn't approve of and thinks is *baaaaad*.

Kristi - My heart goes out to all who have been affected by those storms...{{{{HUGS}}}}}. So sorry to hear about the anxious (and sleepless) night for you. Now, get thee to bed!!! This little "break" is just making me hungrier for the next race!

Jackie - I meant to ask you the other day...how's your UTI? Are you just about done with the meds? I'll bet that probably had something to do with your low(er) energy levels. Yup, I need to refocus the lower body work. I think B&G and I are going to become *very* good friends :eek: }(...yikes!

Dallas - ART? I know I should probably know what this is but I'm having a brain fart. Yeah, I am going to try that frozen bottle thing. Oh, what a wonderful gift for your MIL!!!! I hear you about the "spare time"...would you care to define that for me ;)?

Shelly - Wow, taxes and a great run, you go!!!!!!! You are too awesome for words to run with your friend...I hope you have fun! Yup, that book is at the top of my list right now. You're right about the cycling...now why didn't I think about that? I hope there's one there. I know it's only a temporary hiccup, but it's rather annoying to say the least, hmph! Thanks love!

Judy - Thanks for the boost! Had to LOL about your Great Room...I've been known to do things like that just because I get bored easily :p. I hope DS feels better soon.

Well, I have a little research to do here and then it's off to La La Land. I'll probably be asleep by 8 or 8:30...pathetic! Hasta manana!

Hey Cathy! I just wanted to add that I loved your post on the, ahem, Crack thread....so eloquent!!!!

Alrighty, so I know I've only it the tip of the iceberg with regards to PF, however.........

I'm starting to think that PF is NOT what I have. According to everything I've been reading it should be especially painful first thing in the morning. Well, it's just the opposite. It gets worse as the day progresses...it's at its BEST in the am. Also, impact does NOT cause ANY pain. I only feel pain in the push away portion of my stride. Hmmmmmmmmmm, curiouser and curiouser.

Regardless of what it might actually be I'll still check out those books and go ahead with the NSAIDS as there has to be inflammation somewhere. Oh well, I'll keep digging...

Hi there Cheetahs!

We really had bad storms last night and today. Thank God we didn’t have any tornados. But we had 60 mph winds, rain and thunder.

Cathy – Thanks re my new avatar! That is my little sweetie granddaughter Chloe. We were shopping on Sunday and she was trying on hats. She is precious! She is “always” smiling like that. She seems so happy that it just comes bursting out. Okay….enough Nanna gushing! Good job on Bosu Ski! Where do it get that one?

Wendy – Your diet looks super healthy! And eating several times during the day makes it even better! The way you workout…you need to eat a lot! (but what you are eating doesn’t look like a “lot”….or too much! The little girl is my precious granddaughter, Chloe! We had so much fun that day! (it was Sunday).

Lori – Glad you had an easy night at work! That is always nice!

Christine – I really liked All Body Attack, except for the step-over the head part. It killed my shoulders! The little girl is my granddaughter! (Chloe Christiana). I am just a “tad” proud of her…can ya tell?

Carole – Enjoy the floorwork and EXT! I will have to try some of the LIC premixes!

Kristi – I am sorry you didn’t get any sleep! I slept like a baby….even through the 60mph winds…even though I would wake up..I would go right back to sleep. But…we didn’t have tornado warnings like you guys! I hope everything is okay there now!

Jackie – Thanks for the iTread info on renewal! Good job on your workout! Glad you are okay after your storms!

Lorie – Great job on your workout! I always skip calves, too. I really like Bosu Blast, too!

Dallas – Great workouts! You still got in a good workout, even if you were rushed!

Shelly – Hey –we did have similar almost identical)workouts yesterday! But I only did the floorwork! Your plan today looks great!

Sunny - Great job on your workout! I have GOT to try my KBs! I am afraid of them! LOL….

Judy – Good job on our LL and run! That is cute about you and your greatroom! Hope DS gets better soon!

Wendi – Hope your foot feels better soon! And I didn’t see Cathy’s post on the Crack thread! I am going to have to go see! I will be asleep by 8:30 or 9:00! So…you won’t be alone!

This morning I did an hour on the EXT and did PUB and the abs from Firm Vol I.

My sister is having surgery in the morning. I am not going to go to work. I am going to the hospital to be with her. She is having a hysterectomy.

Hope you guys have a wonderful night!

Linda

wendi-when i thought i had PF, mine also didn't fit the "normal" symptoms. it hurt worse as the day went on and was more in my arch. anyway, i searched the threads on it and did everything these knowledgeable ladies told me as well as what i read and it was gone in a week. i think it may manifest itself differently in different people. the fact of the matter is, it's definitely something. don't do anything on it until it is better. you will be fine

p.s. crack, crack, crack, crack, crack...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.