CHEETAHS, 3/16 TGIF

Good morning, Cheetahs....TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, first good news our varsity boys basketball team is going to the State tournament next week. YIPPEE.........they won pretty handily last night at the championship game so it's off to the 'big' tourney now.

I had a great class last night! I worked em' hard and it felt really good to sweat so much! Tonight I have Legs and Back X after work and ARX (can't forget that one ;-) )

Laying low tonight, but tomorrow I bartend/cook during the day.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Marcia.

Good Morning Cheetahs.

Marcia, Congrats on the basketball team. Have fun with L&B today!

I have Legs and Back/ARX AND a spin class on tap for today meanwhile my legs are still sore from BBC!:eek: :eek: }( I think I have some re-arranging to do here...LOL Should I push spin or L&B off until tomorrow? I'm thinking of pushing L&B off. I can take my spin class tonight and do ARX and then tmrw I can do L&B and then go to the gym for the run that I had already planned for. If my legs would stop hurting I wouldn't have to worry about this! LOL

Oh and I also have to fit in yoga but I think I will do that on sunday!!!}(

I'll be back later!

HI Friday Cheetahs-

This Cheetah was MIA yesterday for a couple of reasons. I had some silly computer issues, but I didn't have a chance to resolve them because we caught the stray kitty. I tracked him inside our house for about 90" minutes before he let me pick him up. Long story short, I locked him in our powder room so I could work out and shower, then we went on an adventure to get him seen by a vet. Let me just say it took most of my day.

I managed to enjoy KPC followed by power drills of CK, and I am using the foam roller at least once per day. Not sure yet what to do this morning.

Wendy- I think you are wise to continuously re-evaluate the game plan according to how your feeling physically. Could you be lacking sleep? We are short on sleep around our house!

~~~Forgive me for not answering every one from yesterday~~~
~~~ smiles and Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!! (early)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Hi every body!

Wendy-I vote you push off L&B till tomorrow. Sounds like you're on top of that already.

Marcia-CONGRATS to the BBall team!

Judy-thank goodness that stray is caught. What's the update? Are you keeping him? Setting him loose???

As for me, well, I took a beating on the treadmill this morning. I did iTread 8 60 minutes using the higher runners' numbers. OUCH! LOL. Twice, when I was about to lower my speed, Grace yelled at me and told me not to touch the monitor. How does she always know? LOL. At the end, I added on a half mile to round it all out to 7 miles. THEN did B&G ball and floor work. My core is SOOOOOO sore...yesterday core work was my first since hurting my tailbone a few weeks ago. It hurts to cough! LOL ALL GOOD, though!

Today we're supposed to be getting up to a foot of snow and ice! Unbelievable.

I'm headed to my first weigh-in since returning to WW meetings. I know I'll see a loss from last week, just not sure how big. I'll keep you posted. I'm feeling good and it's amazing what clean eating coupled with workouts will do for a body (and attitude) in just 1 week.

OK....hitting the grocery store for a few clean-eats for the weekend, then the meeting, then lunch with my lady friends (if school doesn't let out early). BBL sometime!

What are your weekend plans? Workouts and otherwise? I like to hear what everybody's got planned for the weekend. Workouts for me: Saturday is going to be kickbox with weighted gloves and bis/tris and chest ala Cathe (which workout, though? don't know). Sunday is scheduled for a tapered 7-10 mile long run. Thinking I may sub in Low Max and Body Max cardio for an extra long step session. Family-wise, we're up in the air. We may go to Philly with DFiance and kids for a pro soccer game (indoor), and we may not. lol. Not sure, but all quiet family time!

MAN am I chatty today! LOL

Gayle

Good Friday Morning Cheetahs!

Marcia - Congratulations on the BBall! Hope it goes well in the tournament, too! Don't work too hard over the weekend!

Wendy - I think I would put off L&B until tomorrow! See what I mean about how sore BBC can make you! }( It is kind of unexpected! ;-) Have a great workout!

Judy - Glad you finally caught the kitty! The little rascals can sure be tough to catch sometimes! Did the stray check out okay at the vet? Good job on the workout! I feel that the foam roller is really a "miracle"! :7

Gayle - Great job on the 7 miles! Woohoo! lol...you said you were "chatty"...that is just the endorphins talking from that great run! ;-) Oh my! I can't believe how quick it turned to cold and snow! We are supposed to get snow, too, but just a dusting. But around 25 miles away is supposed to get 6 inches! My plans for the weekend is birthday dinner tonight, Saturday night and Sunday! I am going to gain 10 pounds! Your weekend plans sound good! Have fun!

This morning I ran 6 miles and did the floorwork from Firm Volume I.

Hi to everyone and hope everyone has a great Friday!

Linda

Good morning cheetahs

Marcia...have fun with L&B and ARX! That is great about the Boys Basketball Team!

Judy...that is good you finally got the cat to the Vet. I have been using the foam roller every day too. I used it after I ran yesterday and it sure felt good.

Gayle...wow! You did a great iTread workout. And then B&G ball and floorwork...good job!! Not sure about my weekend plans yet. I am hoping the nice weather stays. I will have to check out the new BBC workouts I just got for sure..

Jackie...Freestyle's (if you are not familiar) concept is is to work the legs 4-6 times a week, doing 4-6 exercises a day with high reps (4x20) and low weight (70-75% of the weight your WERE using before), I plan on doing it 5 days a week. It is designed for women that are pear shaped and normally carry their weight in their legs and butt. It has worked for some having a tough time loosing inches from their legs.

Christine...I just think maybe it is a good idea to switch things up for my lower body. I am never sure as I age, what really works. Thanks for your thoughts...I honestly think the foam roller is helping alot. I did run 3 miles yesterday and it didn't seem to cause MORE pain...:)

Linda...I think the GS's might be my favorite of the weight workouts of Cathe's, but I do like them all...:)...and I got my BBC's yesterday...Way to go on the 6 mile run today.

Karen..thanks for checking in and letting us know about your Dad. I am glad he is progressing so well. GOOD LUCK on your 10 miler!!!! Let us know how things go...

Wendy...now you have me curious about BBC....I finally got them although I am not sure which one to try first!! If your legs are that sore I'd do L&B tomorrow...

I am doing B&G floor legs, PUB Back, and 30-40 min on my EXT after stretching out on the foam roller!

I hope Cathy is having a great time....http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/hol/ski10.gif[/img]

Have a great friday...http://www.emotihost.com/glass18/4.gif[/img]

Carole - I am glad you got your BBC! Can't wait to see what you think of them! My favorite is Back and Shoulders and the treadmill of his. I still haven't done any of the non-treadmill cardios, as of yet. You planned workout sounds great!

Linda...thanks. I am excited to try them. I was over at VF looking for possible rotations and saw some of your posts...I have always liked working my shoulders the best. I am thinking I'll check out the Butt & Legs tomorrow...:)

Good morning everyone and yes TGIG!!

Susan - Glad you had a nice sore from your walk. Bet it was relaxing too.

Christine - Wow, at work at 5 am. You're a good woman! Glad I don't have a husband to explain any of my purchases to. But BF looks at me a little sideways when he sees I have yet another gadget or workout.:p

Linda - What a workout yesterday! Did you download the free itrain workout? I went fo itread #2 40 minutes. Have you done one of the strength workouts yet?

Karen - Glad your dad is improving. Great job with the runs! Hope the IT band is ok.

Wendy - Way to listen to your body and not overdo. I think it's easy to overtrain with P90X. It wore my body down. Hope you have a good workout today. Sounds like you have a lot planned. Maybe the legs need a break.

Marcia - Yay on the team going to State!! Good luck to them.

Judy - Glad you caught the stray. Are you keeping him? Glad you enjoyed your workout.

Gayle - Great job on the itread keeping up with the runners' numbers. Then you added more. You da' bomb!! Good luck with the weigh in. I have a 3 mile run planned tomorrow. Don't know what I will add to it yet other than stretching. Sunday is always a rest day for me.

Carole - Thanks for the explanation of Freestyle. I think I need to add some leg presses to give my butt a lift. It's fading away to nothing. LOL!! Hope the change helps you. Anxious to hear how you like BBC. Enjoy your workout today.

What is everyone's favorite socks to run in? I tried a pair of the Balega and they felt like heaven. But, boy are they expensive.

I did Tear It Up and nothing else. Debbie kills you with all of the deadlifts. You definitely get a good arm workout too. I think all of the Slim Series would do just as good a job if they were an hour or less.

Have a fantastic Friday ladies!

Jackie

G'morning Cheetahs! I didn't even have time to check in y'day! We had my IL's down- MIL, FIL, and also Greg's sister, BIL, and 2 kiddos that are here from Canada. It was lots of fun & so cute to see the girls playing w/ their cousins. Allison is 6 mos older than Grant so they had a blast playing together! Layla is just a year & she's soooo tiny but walking around like she's big stuff. My MIL, SIL, & I even did a little shopping in the afternoon, that was fun. We did a little bday celebration for Kiersten last night & then tonight we are meeting all of his family for Chinese buffet (again!). It's his parents 39th anniversary!!!

Anyway, ate too much the last 2 days & back on track today (well, until tonight! :p ). I'm headed to the gym to use the EXT & swim. Achilles is still tender, I might call the Dr. to see what to do. I'm trying not to be bummed about it, at least I can still bike, use the EXT, and swim. I'm starting to think I should just not worry about doing the half in May, it's stressing me out. I just can't bump up the mileage like I need to w/out injuring myself. ;( Any words of wisdom????

OK, gotta get Allison off to school & head to the gym. I'll check in later!

OK...first, I can't wait....I'm down 4 lbs from last week. WOO HOO! Feels great to be moving in the right direction and KNOW it! What a way to kick off a strong and active weekend!

The snow has begun to really fall. Kids are getting out early, and Mike's DS is coming here for the day. Looks like it will be a homebound day....perhaps I should clean also! LOL

Linda…great workout for you too this AM! Enjoy the Birthday eating fest. Now that I think about it, maybe you should go run 6 MORE! LOL. Just kidding…ENJOY YOURSELF!

Jackie…I’ve done freestyle before and can speak for the value of it. My trouble spots are between my belly button to my upper thighs and freestyle worked really well. It’s a lot why I think running is so good for my lower half….it’s like working legs every single day with all the runs! I fell in love with reverse lunges during my freestyle rotation!

Carole…thanks! I almost didn’t add on the B&G work, but just couldn’t help myself! Enjoy your workout!

Jess…enjoy all that family time! Sounds wonderful! Have a great workout

Gayle

*walks in on trembling legs* Oh wow... I have not done B&G for a while and that coupled with my eating yesterday (I don't think I had one thing that was healthy... Not one) combined to about kill me this morning during the Leg Blast premix! If I had to do one more squat/lunge combo I was simply going to collapse! But, it's done and I burned as many calories as I would if I did RS - amazing how high you can get that HR when you're carrying an extra few pounds! I also did the ab routine, which is my favorite.

I'll be back later for personals, if I'm lucky. I must now hobble to the shower and get ready for work. I did not even log on to my computer this morning.

Great job, Christine! It's done and you're right....holding even light weights makes a huge difference! With the snow we're getting, I'm not heading into town, so I won't be getting Spinervals out to you today. Sorry. I'll let you know when I mail it, ok???

Gayle

Carole - LOL...VF is where I need to avoid before I go broke! :+ But...I can't stay away :+ The B&Ls is a good one, too! Actually...they are all good!

Gayle - I agree...I do need to go run 6 more miles! ;-) That is all I have done this week, is eat, eat, eat!! You have lost 4 pounds and I have probably gained it! Enjoy the snow and kiddies!

Jackie - Yes...I did download the free one! That is great that they did that! I got the 60 minute one on set 15! It was great! No, I haven't done any of the strength ones. Have you? If so...are they good? I think I am becoming hooked on iTrain's, not! This is not good for the pocketbook! I was always sooo sore after TIU and all of those deadlifts! If I wasn't just starting another Cathe GS rotation, I would do another SS now.! Maybe after this one, I will do one to get ready for summer!

Jess - It sounds like you had a great time with your In-laws and the kids! Enjoy the Chinese tonight! Yummy! Enjoy the EXT and swim! HOpe the achilles settles down!

Christine - That premix is a killer! }( I ate everything that was not tied down....all week long! Oh well....we'll get back on track ;-) Great job on the workout! Hope your legs quit trembling soon! I agree...that one really burns the calories!

Linda

Good morning Cheetahs! Okay I guess it is almost noon. Today is flying by. Since I did not get a chance to post yesterday, I ran 4 miles. I also set up an appointment (March 28th) with a podiatrist to look at my right foot/calf. I'm overpronating really bad with my right foot. At least this is what I believe is my problem. Hopefully I will be able to get this under control before the end of April. Maybe he will prescribe orthotics. In the meantime it is not keeping me from running, however it does bother me while I run especially my long runs.

Today is a rest day. I plan to head to a cross stitch store during lunch today. This year I have 3 pregnant friends that I would love to make something extra special for their little one to hang on the wall in the baby's room. Also later on it will be a keepsake. However, I need to get started right away. The first friend is due in May and the other 2 in September.

As far as weekend plans, I'm hanging with the kids all weekend. I tried to line up a babysitter for a couple hours on Saturday so I could get in my long run, but she bailed and we don't have any family that lives close by. Oh well. I will just have to do it late Sunday after DH gets home. Instead I'm going to try to do some weight lifting when DD takes a nap. DS loves to be my exercise buddy so he will be "lifting" with me.

I think maybe on Saturday I might take the kids to see Happy Feet. It is at the $1 movie so if we have to leave early I'm not out much money. DD is only 18 months so I don't know how she will be in the theatre. Hopefully their won't be many people there since the movie has been out for a while. I refuse to ruin the movie for others. We will pick seats close to the door in case we need to leave early. Am I crazy for even trying this?

Well, I need to head out for an early lunch. I'll try to BBL. Hi to all cheetahs!

Good morning to all the wonderful cheetahs! I didn't have time to check in yesterdayx( I was up early to get in a workout (IMAX3) and was in a classroom most of the dayx( It's a requirement for critical care RNs every 2 yrs, advaced cardiac life support. Basically everything that's involved in resuscitating a patient in the hospital, intubating,drugs,defibrillation(shocking)etc. Such fun! (not) Anyway, in my current job I respond to codes all the time
so sitting in a class rehashing it all day was pretty tedious. Anyway, I managed to get in some EXT work when I got home. Now to catch up a tad on some personals:)

Marcia- I'm so glad to hear you'll be going in for a physical! Keeping a journal in the meantime is very smart! I think you are one class act lady! A big congratulations to your basketball team...how exciting! Have a great time with L&B.

Wendy- an Inservice is an educational class for nurses that is offered on-site, ie. at the hospital. The educational aspect of my job is non-stop, but that's the way it should be. Medicine keeps advancing and there's always something new to learn. I'm excited to try the BBC now since I've read how your legs are so fried }(
Sounds like a good plan to defer L&B! Have a great time spinning!

SunnyD- Sorry to hear about the bully issues with your DS! Kids can be such monsters. How did your meeting go?

Carole- DH and I will be vacationing in Montauk (Long Island)NY
this year. DH spent his summers there growing up so he's been dying to go back. I booked us at a nice beachside resort. They actually have yoga classes on the beach in the morning:) Afterwards we'll drive down to NJ to see the in-laws. But the most exciting for me is that I'm planning on some races in NJ where I hope I can meet up with Wendy, and or Cathy!!! Hey, I'm glad to hear that the foam roller is helping and that you had a successful run yesterday? Are you going for a long(er) run Sunday?

Linda- Your morning workouts just floor me :eek: And THEN you go put in a full days work!!!

Karen- Great to hear from you and I'm so glad to hear your father is recuperating well. You sound like you've put in some good hard training and I'm sure you will do very well with your upcoming 10miler!

Judy- Glad to hear there's a happy ending to the stray kitty saga!
Are you keeping him? Have you noticed any improvement since using the foam roller?

Gayle- Tomorrow is going to be beautiful weather here with unseasonably warm temps in the 80s:eek: I'm planning on a 12 mile trail run around a lake (maybe I'll take my camera and post a pic)
And then in the afternoon me and DH will go for a long spin on our motorcycles:7 :7 Congratulations on the 4 lb weight loss!!!!
You are definitely on some kind of roll now!! You're 7 mile TM run yesterday sounded awesome!

Jackie- I never used to care too much about my socks until I splurged and bought a pair of "good" ones meant for running. It does make quite a difference! Anyway, my favorites are Fox River.
Going for a long run this weekend?

Jess- Wow, I'm so sorry your achilles tendon is bothering you so much!! It seems to me it would be wise to pass on the HM in May.
Or maybe you could just to a shorter race, like a 10K? Anyway, I think the triathlon you have scheduled is challenging enough!

Christine- I've gotten to referring the the B&G leg blast premix as the "Oh no, not that again" workout :eek: Ya know I can always count on getting a smile and/or laugh from your posts! Thank you!!!!

Okay, time to get busy. I've already gotten in a 5 mile run this morning, ending with a little hill work}( I'll be heading downstairs soon for the Viper!!! This afternoon it'll be yard work at my parents house. They are laying out some kind of synthetic turf and need my muscles ;-)

Later y'all.

ShellyC

~~~Shelly and Carole~~~ I am noticing some improvement with the rest from running and the foam roller. This morning I did IMAX3 intervals 6-10 and had zero pain. I followed up with stretch Max on the SB and KPC abs. I will do the foam roller this afternoon after an appointment and a few errands.

~~~Jes~~~ if you are stressing about the miles, maybe it is a good idea to rethink the half. I wish you luck and peace.

~~~Hi Chrisitne~~~ not one healthy piece of food? nawww! I don't believe it!

~~~Gayle~~~ don't send any ofthe snow here young lady!

WE are keeping the kitty, but really he comes and goes as he pleases. He has a collar that has a magnet that activates the kitty door. So he will not be stuck outside or inside if he needs to have a BM etc.

GTG to my nail appointment TTFN :7

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Hello cheetahs,
I am so READY for my weekend with my hubby. You would think we were going to Hawaii with all the crap we have packed(LOL)!!!

We are staying at hotel called Renaissance clup sport and it is a huge health club and spa in the hotel. I am SO excited!!! It is supposed to be 80 degrees today. We are going to go to California pizza kitchen for lunch and then shopping at Macy's for summer clothes, WOO HOO!

I took a rest day yesterday because my back was a little tender. Today my hubby and I will do an evening workout at the gym in the hotel. I will do the elliptcal and treadmill for about an hour.

The only bummer today is Mariah has a Urinary tract infection that we just found out about. I feel bad leaving her, but my girlfriend said that she would call if Mariah needed me. She has felt no pain or had any fever, but will be on an antibiotic.

Well ladies, I am off to my adventure. I will be back on Sunday and fill you guys in on our trip.

Have a GREAT weekend friends:) :) :) :) :)

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.