Cheetah Runners - Together we are strong! Thurs. 9/20...

RE: Cheetah Runners - Together we are strong! Thurs. ...

Hello again! I got in a good sweaty interval run and I'm taking a break before tackling Mindy's bootcamp dvd.

Christine- I think the fact that your DH is feeling good enough to be bored is a very encouraging sign!! By now I imagine they should have done a spiral CT scan to check for a clot in the lungs and blood tests and EKGs to check for a heart attack and you will certainly know by now if it is one or the other. But the most important thing is whatever this is it was caught obviously early enough so intervention can be done promptly and he'll be home cooking you Indian food again before you know it! Hey, there's nothing like a good run when you're worried eh?

Judy- Count me as WAY impressed that you did 80 minutes of yoga :eek: :eek: That would be a serious challenge for me! Yes, I was posting earlier from work.... it was a nice slow night for a change!

Wendy - ACSM is the American College of Sports Medicine. Pretty much the gold standard if you want a fitness certification and are a health professional. I LOVE that smiley of yours.... too funny!!
I'll head over to the Open Forum to check on this new pain of yours!

Carole - Please pretty please can you post a pic of your relay team????? Scrambled Eggs is a great leg circuit workout isn't it?

Jackie- You inspired me to do the speed ladder myself today... Haven't done that one in a while. All the speed changes make it a much more tolerable interval/tempo workout to do IMO. Sorry you're having a tough time with the allergies.... hopefully the cool weather will move in soon and give you some relief.

Susan- Wow.... 5 miles yesterday AND tomorrow :eek: :eek: So, does your DH go slow for you or vice versa??? I think that is great that you run together!!!

Kristi- Glad to hear that you are getting some vacation time busy cheetah!!!! I hope you can catch up a little. How exciting that you're getting a new laptop:7

Okay, enough cyberbabble for now. Have a great rest of the day y'all.

ShellyC

Hi cheetahs!

Amy :: good job with another early morning run!… I’m glad to have a good handle on things now.

Judy :: let us know how you make out with the new w/out plan.

Wendy :: I’ll check it out and see how far it is. Is this the Oct. one?

Carole :: I will keep my eyes peeled for the WPP smiley. :p :D Had a good laugh at the Helga comment, too…I have never done the Scrambled Eggs w/out. Glad you enjoyed it!

Jackie :: how are the allergies today? Feeling any better? I see it didn’t deter you from one helluva workout!! Great job!…Thanks for the compliment. Oh, I was anything but calm inside! *lol*

Christine :: more ((((HUGS))) and prayers being sent out west to you & DH…I wasn’t able to visit the boards since lunch and hoped there would be (good!) news this afternoon. Will continue to think of you.

Susan :: hey, we’re just glad to see you!…hope you enjoy another run with DH. I was slow-moving this morning myself.

Hi Lorie :: it’s not a barge-in at all…you’re welcome here anytime! :) I haven’t had your problem, but the first two things that came to mind were plantar fasciitis (as Shelly said, you would probably also feel pain in the heel, esp. when you first wake up and move around) or perhaps a fallen arch. If your left arch is flat(ter), it might help you to get some shoe inserts. That’s just my best guess based upon things I’ve read over the years. If it's hindering your w/outs, I'd say it's worth having it checked. Good luck!!

Hi Kristi (if you see this)! A mom’s job is never done. At least tomorrow you can run errands without a hectic pace…Looking forward to seeing more of you when your new laptop is up & running.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Wendy :: Oh, Seaside Heights! Yeah, I went there a couple of times in my early teens. It looks to be about an hour-and-a-half from me. I can't promise, but I will *TRY* to be there and cheer you on!!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Awwww, guys. Thanks for the welcome!

I definitely do LOVE running. Nothing makes me feel as good as a great run (even a so-so run is great!). I don't think I'm "competitive" at all. I have only become faster since doing HIIT and iTread. Did I mention how addicted I am to iTread? I have all the 60 minute ones and most of the 40's and all the sprints and intervals.

Anyway, I didn't think of plantar facsitis, but I will pay closer attention and see.

Thank you so much for the responses. I would love to post with you all and talk about running. At present, I am planning on running the Atlanta Half Marathon on Thanksgiving morning (I do that one most years...I can eat more at Thanksgiving dinner!). It's a good run. I have toyed with doing the full, but it is tough, tough, tough and pretty boring (not a lot of crowd support). I have run Disney, Nashville, and San Diego fulls and signed up for Chicago then got injured. Maybe sometime...

Hey Lorie!

It would be great if you decide to join our not so little group of runners over here!:+

Hey Lorie! Alot of us are big fans of the iTreads. I use them occasionally. I think Wendy and Jackie are the really big iTread nuts here. You've done some fun Marathons. I did my first last January in Phoenix (PFChangs) and am now training for my second this Dec. in Las Vegas!!

I used to live in Gainesville, FL Go Gators!

ShellyC

Susan - How nice that you and your dh run together. Have a good 5 mile run tomorrow.

Lorie - Welcome to Cheetahland! I'm a iTread fanatic myself. Makes running much more fun. You have done some nice runs!

Cathy - As long as I stay inside, I do ok. It's when I go outside that I really suffer. The sneezing starts. I use Clarinex and Flonase. Right now I'm a little stuffy and not coughing as much.

Wendy - Love the smiley! Congrats on getting speedier with the runs. iTread 5 alternates between speed and hills with the last 6 minutes being sprints. I still need to download the latest ones.

Kristi - Yay for the new laptop! Enjoy your day off work tomorrow.

Shelly - Glad you enjoy your run and Mindy. The changes is why I like your speed ladder. Do you have any more?

Think I'm going to take a Benadryl and hit the hay early. Maybe I can catch up on the z's I missed last night.

Have a good night!

Jackie

Hi All -

You ladies are amazing! Thank you {{{{{CHEETAHS}}}}} And I mean that more than you can know.

Good news first - as near as they can tell (and they did MANY tests), there was no clot and no heart attack. They think it was a reaction to the codeine in the medicine along with the wine. His heart is very sound

Now the bad news (kind of) is that they are keeping overnight for one more night. I guess when he first came in his blood pressure was pretty low. (I noticed that but the nurse kept saying he was doing well - so I figured since he was laying down - it might be lower - stupid me!). It most likely was just the codeine that did it, but they want to make sure. As he is my DH I'm all for them making sure.

I was at the hospital from 11 to 7. I'm home now, and will be going back around 11 tomorrow, unless DH calls me and can leave earlier. I did run home to get him some fresh clothes, but I was back quickly. I'm exhausted, but coming here and reading the many well wishes, and the people checking in just for an update, etc, really made me feel wonderful. You ladies really are the best! Love and kisses to each and every one of you!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.