:::: CHEETAH Runners ::: Mon., 1/8

Christine: I ended up using the band the proper way and closed the door on Tony and friends when doing pull ups and chin ups. Even then I had this fear of the band breaking. I have that fear with all band work though. I am a very parnoid person by nature I guess. Lord knows what I'll be afraid once I start using the bar! YIKES! LOL

Shelly: Hope you enjoy your work out today.

Laurie: I don't know a mom who is actually SAD when her kids return to school after a break! LOL ;)

Christine: I know what you mean in regards to the eating. I haven't exactly done what I said I would do in the new year either!:eek:

Judy: Thanks for the good wishes with P90X. It should be interesting. Hope you had a fun run today!

Jess: Wish Greg a happy birthday from the Cheetahs! Enjoy the yummy mexican dinner tonight!:9

Carole: I am actually horrible with organizing mostly because I have no patients for it. LOL I did the best I could though. Basically I threw "old" toys in a bag and lugged them up into the spare room to make room for the "new" stuff! Not exactly a brilliant scheme but it worked! ;)

Susan: I had no idea any of your chilren were adopted! How wonderful! Wish Melissa the most wonderful B'day ever from her "Cheetah Aunties"!!!:+

Sunny: Enjoy your work out today! Are you doing the elliptical at the gym or do you have one at home?

Hello to Colleen and Kristi as well as anyone I may have missed! I'll be back later girls!:)

Wendy - you're not fearful - I had my heavy duty band break and break my finger. It was a small fracture, but... I think that's why I hesitate to do P90X again - I'm afraid of the bands. Now I was stepping on it and using a lot of strength, but I'd stunned that it broke.

>Wendy - you're not fearful - I had my heavy duty band break
>and break my finger. It was a small fracture, but... I think
>that's why I hesitate to do P90X again - I'm afraid of the
>bands. Now I was stepping on it and using a lot of strength,
>but I'd stunned that it broke.

Okay...now I'm DEFINATELY hoping this darned chin up bar works once DH corrects his mistake! YIKES!:eek:
I was being very "gentle" and not going for the tension I really wanted with it cause I was worried. Now I see it's for good reason!
You know, I remember that happening to you now that you mention it. I thought it was possibly because it was an old worn out band though. I guess not!

One thing I will say, though, is that I was not using the band for pull ups when it broke. I was doing the "Heavy Pants" and had stepped a bit to far down on the band. Even if the band broke while doing pull ups, it wouldn't "get ya" the way mine did.

Today’s workout was a quick pilates workout and the stretch from B&G. I love that stretch.

Cathy - Have a great run. I hope your ankle is okay.

Laura – Hi! Have a good class tonight.

Wendy – I hope you enjoy P90X. I did the 1st phase of the classic rotation and really liked it. However I stopped so I could run more often. Good job on C&B & ARX. They are great workouts.

ShellyC – I hope you start feeling better real soon. Good luck with your workout today.

Laurie –Enjoy your day with Glen.

Andtckrtoo – I’ve been having too many days of not eating well. Today is the beginning of starting to eat better too. Good luck. Your workout sounds great!

Judy – Your workout looks great.

Jess – Happy Birthday to DH! Have a wonderful birthday celebration with him and enjoy the food too! Congrats for signing up for your first triathalon! How exciting!

Carole – How do you like your elliptical? I’ve been thinking that it might be good to crosstrain with.

Susan – Happy birthday to Melissa! She is so lucky to have you for a mom. I’m sure she gets all of her good qualities from you.

Colleen – I’m sorry I did not get a chance to get to know you. As long as you run, no matter how far or often, you will always be a Cheetah.

SunnyD – How is the personal training going? DS, ever since the week before Christmas, finally has a clean bill of health. His pneumonia came back, but at least this second time he did not have to be hospitalized for 3 days like before. How are the boys? Congrats on signing up for a 5K! You’ll do great.

Hey there, cheetahs—

I got home a little after 4, which is too late for me to squeeze in my outdoor run (I just loathe running in the dark!), so I’m thinkin’ I might do DM instead of the Dreadmill. Will grab a bite to eat first and then decide.

Wow! A lot of cheetah activity today! :) Personals…

Laura :: that was me who said running thinned out my thighs in the past. (During my years-long hiatus from running, working out, and healthy eating, I have since “thickened” ‘em up again. Am making progress, but this is something I am focused on as it is a problem area for me, too.) Anyway, I saw best results with about 30 miles per week + lifting and yoga.

Wendy :: my ankle feels good today…I guess moving around today loosened it up…but thank you! Yikes—sorry to hear about the faulty chin-up bar and the resulting inconvenience. I think I would do the exercise in the hall until DH gets a chance to fix it. Better to err on the side of caution. I’m glad to hear Joey’s doing well. Yes, I know what you mean – I am getting a lot of grief for not caring much about the Eagles’ game. Oh! This morning I did a PB & banana smoothie…yum! Now if only I could add some caramel and fudge to it…er, would that defeat the purpose??…*lol*. I do have to say, though, that I am *not* fond of the natural PB that I bought. I ate it for lunch (PB&J sandwich) and it was not as palatable as the smoothie!

Shelly :: hope you enjoyed your last hard workout til the marathon & that you’re feeling 100% again soon.

Laurie :: hope you enjoyed your cardio & the day with Glen! Yeah, when the week’s packed with meetings and appointments like this one is, you *gotta* have a Plan B. I jokingly refer to it as the Dreadmill, but I’m glad it’s there for the times I can’t get outside. It’s not *that* bad, I suppose. :)

Christine :: don’t worry, you’ll get back on track. We’ll stop talking chips! Cracking up that there is an exercise called “Heavy Pants.” I do remember you fracturing your finger, though—yeowch! That part’s NOT funny!

Judy :: thanks…luckily, the ankle was nothing, but I think I’m opting for DM instead. Someone mentioned it here, and now that I'm thinking about it, it'd probably be a good pick as I haven't done it in a while. Actually, it’s another one that I’ve only done once (!), so I have to try to remember what it's like!

Jess :: hope you all have a nice night celebrating DH’s b-day. I’m going for double-three’s myself this year. My students think I’m ancient! <gasp!> Odd that you don’t get DOMS from B&G…that one clobbers me! Congrats on signing up for your first tri – a new challenge to conquer!

Carole :: I believe Morningstar *is* a soy product. I agree that I do better with eating when I’m working – there’s just no time to nosh on-the-job like I do sometimes on the weekends. Social gatherings & dinners out are a challenge, too. I just *love* tossing back a couple of Corona Lights and snacking on appetizers.

Susan :: happy birthday wishes to Melissa! How proud you must be that she’s defied the “odds” – surely, that’s a testament to the kind of loving home she’s been raised in! Have fun kicking off the festivities! Enjoy the good foods and swat away any feelings of guilt. Your DD only turns 8 once! Indulgence now & then is OK! :) (I’m thinking of having some ice cream in her honor! Haagen Dasz Light Chocolate Fudge Brownie – to-die-for!) I’m so glad you’re getting closer to running again.

Kristi :: sorry about the calf and back issues you’ve been having. Typically, your shoes should be good for 500 miles, but I think that’s relative. If in doubt, take ‘em to a running specialty store (that’s really your best bet anyhow) and have ‘em checked out. I think your plan sounds fine…just make sure to stretch after every run. I have a tendency to blow that off when I’m crunched for time, and unfortunately, I had to learn the hard way (after a bout of achilles tendonitis!), that you can’t afford to skip a good stretch.

Colleen :: sorry you’re checking OUT of the check-in! Remember, cheetah status is not about the mileage, so I hope you’ll reconsider. If not, we’ll miss you, and hope to see you again in the spring.

Sunny :: I have no idea how in the hell I tweaked my ankle during SM! *lol* It was during a floor stretch when I had to point my toe…suddenly, I just felt something odd -- something not good. It kind of hurt to put weight on it after that, but after a day of walking around on it, it seems to be fine again. Way to squeeze in your workouts into your busy day!!

OK, ladies, off to feed the face, relax a bit, and then get DRILLED. May be back later. If not, have a great night!

Cathy :)

wendy- yay!! you did it...i knew you would love tony and friends, lol. i have an elliptical at home. i just finished cooking so i am ahout to hop on it.

cathy-lol, lol:D

'K. I'm back! Great workout with DM! I plopped into a puddle on the floor after the last drill. I'm convinced squat thrusts are straight from hell!! And I have to confess, I could not go all the way to the end on those. Actually, there are a number of things on there that are just too advanced for me (dive bomber pushups, pushups on the ball, etc.) Whew!! My legs feel rubbery. I do like that workout *a lot*. I'd have to say my favorite are the wall squats.

I really should be done for the night with calorie intake, but well, I'm hungry (again!)

Sunny :: I should've invented a more respectable story, huh? It's like the time my co-worker came in with a busted up hand and went through this whole spiel about how he hurt it while punching a sofa cushion (evidently, he was trying to teach his one son not to punch the other son or something like that). And he was going around sharing this w/ our students!! I said, "Dude, a sofa cushion?? You really gotta come up with something better than that!"

All right, have a great night, cheetahs, and catch up with you all in the AM!
Cathy :)

cathy- I would love it if running thinned my thighs . They dont seem to respond to anything.

class went good tonight. not as many people there that signed up but some of them where at OSU parties tonight. I did try a new activity tonight that I probably wont do again. I didnt really like how it went but I tried another new one that really was tough,even for me.

off to take a shower, I stink!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.