Cheerful Cheetahs...Sunday

Mckmain

Cathlete
Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..good job on the run in the humidity. With Chi running you are supposed to land midfoot and not on your heel, except for going downhill! It'll take some time to get the concept down for sure...:)

I am going to do a longer run today but not sure how long. I will just see how I feel. I'll be back later...

Good morning cheetahs! Finishing up a pretty nice night at work.
I'll be getting off in an hour or so and will head for my favorite lake trail for a 5 mile run:)

Carole- Hey, where are all the East Coast cheetahs!!!!! Wakey wakey,
are they all sleeping in???? Good luck on your run today!! You've inspired me to concentrate on my form today.

Cathy- HCE is Cathe's Hard Core Extreme compilation workout DVD that came with the Hardcore series. There are 3 of them and the one I did yesterday combined IMAX3,Lomax and KM..... great workout!

I'll post later today after my nap. I'll be doing DM also later }(

ShellyC

Good morning, Carole, & all the fine cheetahs! :)

Carole:: nice to see you start the thread today. :) I'm going to take a look at the book today...enjoy your long run...hope the heel cooperates!

I just came in from a 4 mile run...humid again but not as bad as yesterday...Am hearing some thunder out there, so it looks like my timing was good. I'm saving PUB for later and probably a lower body Squeeze mishmosh. Off to do SM#3.

ETA: Shelly:: posting at the same time. Thanks for the explanation. Enjoy your trail run!

Will be back later to see what everyone's up to.

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Good morning, Cheetahs:

Well, I think DS is going through a mid-life crisis. He is sooooo moody and ornery x( x( I'm going to have to have a "talk" with him to see what's up. I think he's just burned out from running the bar for so long. I'm sure he needs a break, but how do you do that??? We've all been there I'm sure, it's hard to admit you need a break and to actually take one - that's the dilema.

We are headed in to the town festival today for the parade and BBQ at a friend's house, so it should be a fun day. I have a huge Tastefully Simple Open House fundraiser tomorrow at the school for the cheeleaders. They sent out OVER 165 invites. I'm pretty nervous about it, though, I've never done one that big - keep your fingers crossed for me. ;-) I will be running around like a crazy woman, from work to home to load up and back again plus get DS to football (thank goodness he can walk down there from the school). Whew....I'm tired already just thinking about it. ;-)

I hope everyone has an awesome day!
Marcia.

Hi Marcia:: sorry to hear DH is feeling burnt out. Understandable with all the time spent working. Hope you both find a solution that leaves everyone happy and healthy...Good luck with all you have going on in the next couple of days. A good, hard workout should help calm your nerves and release some stress! :)

[font face="garamond" font color=deeppink size=+2]~Cathy [/font face]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George

Hi Cathy - YES, a good hard workout is exactly what the doctor ordered for me ;-) Once the parade and BBQ are done I'm heading back home to get this body sweatin' and movin' ;-)

Marcia.

OK...where in the world did my post just go? I wonder if I posted on the wrong check-in! LOL It just disappeared. Let's try this again!

Hey guys! My plans for today have changed because of the weather. We were going to head to the shore for 2 days, but I'm not going to sit in the rain for hours, and I'm not going to spend all kinds of $$$ on the boardwalk just to avoid the rain! LOL SO....we're staying home and my mom and I are going to treat the kids to a FUN DAY! They've chosen bowling, then Chuck E Cheese (an indoor, over-priced pizza place with video games and climbing tunnels), then a movie. For dinner, I'd really like to take them to a hibachi grill (the place where the chef cooks on the cooktop right in front of your table). That should be fun!

I was up early, but with a bit of a fog in my head. The BDay party/Cookout yesterday was fun. I let loose and had a few drinks. Started off with light beer, then moved over to alcoholic slushies with vodka. I moved over to water quickly when I started feeling it in my legs...which didn't take long! LOL BUT...the workout and sweat worked wonders. B&G as produced. LOVE THIS workout!

Time to shower and get ready for FUN DAY!

BBL

Gayle

Good morning Cheetahs!

Shelly - I do understand loving a good challenge. I do that sometimes myself. Makes working out more interesting. It was a good thing I wasn't too far away from my car yesterday. Never had those problems before I started doing longer runs. Did you have a nice nap and run?

Wendy - Sounds like you're getting all of the bases covered. Good luck with CPR certification. How was your run today?

Carole - Thanks for the explanation on Chi running. Will have to check it out. Glad you got your painting finished. Bet everything is looking really good. Enjoy your run.

Cathy - Glad you felt well enough to get your run in yesterday.
I'm not usually a cold weather person but I sure am looking forward to some cooler temps.

Marcia - Have fun at the BBQ and hope all goes well with the Open House tomorrow.

Gayle - Enjoy the Fun Day with the kids.

Rest day for me. Tried to watch a movie with DBF last night but couldn't keep my eyes open. And, it wasn't even 10:00. Left him up to finish the movie on his own. I'm going to church and coming back and relax the rest of the day.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jackie

Good morning Cheetahs!

I did a 30 minute run today at the park, and then came home for some leg weight exercises. I feel good! It is hot here in Boston, so I worked up a really good sweat!!!!

Some personals - finally!

Shelly - You are always up for a good challenge, good for you. Are you doing any special trainings out of the ordinary for your Vegas run?

Wendy - Sorry if I missed anything about this already - how is the PT job searching going? Did you find anything yet, or are you going to hold off for now? How old is Joey again? (not sure if he is starting school yet??)

Carole - Chi running sounds interesting, thanks. I do read all of your lovely posts here, just haven't really had the chance to respond like this until today! All of those long work hours this past week! Have a good run!

Cathy - Hope all of your classroom stuff is going well! I am going in this week to set up my office and get my mind "into the game". Have a great day!

Marcia - Have you been workings tons of hours at the bar lately? Hope you can get those workouts in. I worked so much this past week that I didn't really workout at all. Sometimes just working can be a workout within itself!

Gayle - Are you getting excited for your new job? 3 hours a day sounds perfect for now, and if you want more hours maybe you could get them! Good luck! Enjoy the kids!

Jackie - Enjoy that rest day. Also - I close my eyes on Friday nights after a long work week around 9ish sometimes! Do not even worry about it!

Enjoy your day Cheetahs! I have long work hours this week again, but will check in to say hello of course!

Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

I am noshing on a sandwich while wallowing in the pleasure of knowing that my run is behind me. :) 6.5 miles is DONE and I couldn't be happier! It wasn't as tough as I had envisioned so that was a pleasant surprise for sure. My next hurdle will be an 8 miler in 2 weeks...OMG!:eek: I am continuing with the 5/6 min run-1 min walk concept for my long runs unless/until I feel I need to play with it because the longer distances are too tough doing it this way. So far so good though. :)

Alright, my plate is empty...I'm off to make some java and then I'll come back for personals!

BB in a few!

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

Carole – what are you doing up at that time on a Sunday? That’s insane! LOL Hope your run goes well!!

Shelly – Enjoy your 5 mile run! I love trails like that – wish I had some closer!

Cathy – Glad you were able to squeeze in the run before the thunderstorms hit! Enjoy your weight workout!

Marcia – sorry DH is going through some hard times. The town festival sounds great! And wow! Such a huge fund raiser! You are just one busy lady!

Gayle – I hate when my posts do that! Too bad about the shore trip, but I agree – crazy to spend all that money, then to spend MORE money on the ultra expensive board walk! Sounds like you’ll have a great time anyway, though!

Jackie – I’m such a morning person that 10PM is late for me! So I understand! Enjoy your rest day!

Amy – Sounds like a great workout! I love that hot sweaty feeling!

Wendy – way to go on the run! I’ve been training that way this time as well – 6/1 minute – actually stringing the first parts of the three iTread Outdoors so it’s not repetitious. I’m planning on doing that for the half, too. I actually seem to run faster that way, go figure.

Today is Spinervals Have Mercy (part of it – not sure how much), and PP x2 Upper Body.

I'm back...my coffee is brewing. :9

So I want to pick the lovely Cheetahs' minds here for a minute if I may!:) This weekend (Labor Day weekend) there are 2 5k races going on. Both of which I am interested in doing. One is on saturday. This is the one in the park that I backed out of last year (should have been my first race!) due to the weather. The other is a boardwalk 5k on monday that my running buddy did last year and wants to do again. My question is....would it be stupid for me to do BOTH!? }( That weekend I am only up for a 3 mile run according to my schedule anyway. It also fits perfectly into my running schedule because I could keep my regular TM runs on tues and thurs and then count saturday's race as my weekend training run and then monday's race could take the place of one of my TM runs for that week. So what do you think? Is that okay??? :7

I think my coffee is done now so I'll be back!:9

MMMmmmm....coffee is finally in hand so I can really relax now...Aaaahhhh!:9 :)

Carole: So how long of a run did you do today? Did you find the chi running to be a little easier? I hope the therapy helps John. He's been through so much.

Shelly: How was your 5 miler this morning? Getting excited about LV? I am sooo jealous! I actually should have the opportunity to visit LV in the spring of next year with DH b/c a bowling tourny he enters every year now is being held there. I am happy about being able to go but the Cheetah's won't be there. BUMMER! We will have to plan another GTG at some point later next year!!!!

Cathy: So you got T-storms in your area? When I walked outside to drive to the park it was looking like rain. It even drizzled some on the way there but nothing ever came of it, thank goodness. A little rain would have felt good but I didn't want to deal with a down pour or a T-storm!

Marcia: Your poor DH. You both work so hard. You BOTH probably need a break! Enjoy your day and let us know how that TS fundraiser event turns out!!!!

Gayle: Sorry to hear you had to cancel your shore trip. I don't blame you though. Sounds like you have a fantastic day planned anyway. I'm sure you'll have fun and be boku tired come the end of the day. ENJOY!

Jackie: I am a bit nervous about the CPR cert but it's only a 2 hour class and I have heard that it's easy from several people. I honestly don't think I have to worry about not passing but I'll still be nervous about it anyway. That's just me. :p Enjoy your rest day. I know what you mean about not being able to stay awake through a movie. That happens to me all too often. The only time I am garunteed not to nod off is in a theater.

Amy: Great job on your run this morning. Glad to see you got through such a long and tough week of work still motivated to exercise! That's fantastic! I have my resume in the works. I am hoping to post it online in a few places this coming week and will see what happens. I may also print out several copies and mail them to the gyms in my area. I will surely keep the Cheetahs posted if a job opportunity comes my way!:+ I am also signing up to get my CPR cert on Sept 11 so that it's DONE. Oh, and I lined up my first 2 P/T clients to be trained in the home. My mom and my best friend want to train together in my mom's house! They are going to pay me to meet them there 2x per week and motivate them to MOVE IT AND LOSE IT!:7 Hopefully that will get underway this week. It's a great way for me to get some practice in before I get a job at a gym.

Christine: What the outdoor Itreads like? I keep on wondering if I should pick one up but I only run outside once per week right now and I am on a schedule for mileage so I can't really use them. Perhaps I'll try one after the HM is done.

Wendy - the outdoor ITreads are great actually. They start with a 6 minute run/ 1 minute walk ratio, and you vary your speed during the running sections. They are broken down into 2 30 minute sections, with the second half being a bit faster - I usually like to just keep with the 6/1 ratio. You use a perceived exersion concept as opposed to a set speed, which I like more, actually (maybe because I'm not fast LOL).

Cool beans. Thanks Christine! Sounds like something I'd like. I'll definately put it on my list of w/o's to get down the road a bit!:)

Hi cheetahs :)

Gayle :: it does sound like a fun Fun Day you’ve planned…ear plugs might be a good idea for Chuckie's, though...:)...enjoy!

Jackie :: enjoy your rest day…I look forward to cooler temps, too, but I am a little bummed that it’s staying dark in the mornings.

Amy :: yes, the classroom is all squared away finally, and I won’t need to go back until opening day. I need to do some work with lesson plans and updating opening handouts.

Wendy :: I have never run races that close back-to-back, but I do think you could do it. I would treat the Saturday 5K as a training run, meaning don’t push it too hard, and then do the Monday one with some of the usual race gusto.

Christine :: turned out to just be some rumbling and a little drizzle here or there, but no actual storm so far. Looks like a great w/out for today…enjoy!

So, it looks like most of the Vegas-bound cheetahs will be doing a Fri-Mon stay. I am now leaning toward NOT going - even though I very much WANT to. The flights went up...the cheapest options would require connecting flights, and thus, long travel. For a short weekend, it's not looking like such a good value. I will keep my eyes peeled, but I guess the window of opportunity for a bargain was rather short-lived. I'm holding out hope something good turns up.

SM #3 post-run was good, and while I will say it's not my favorite of the three, I'd like to use that DVD more often. Will BBL to report my weight workout.

Enjoy your Sunday!!

Shelly..hope your run goes well too and then DM???...crazy woman!!

Cathy...no problem as I never mind starting the thread, I about forgot how to do it though...:)..Good job on the 4 miles and sounds like very good timing. I am so sorry the Vegas trip might not work out for you..:(...my sister seems to be dragging her heels a bit, so I hope she has not changed her mind.

Marcia...I have one of those moody and ornery DH's too. Last night I about slapped him! He was just being a whiney pee pants...My fingers are crossed for the big Tastefully Simple Open House!

Gayle...have fun at Chuck E's (we have one here). I avoid vodka like the plague, as it always got me sick. Light beer is good though..:) good job with B&G.

Jackie...the painting is not quite finished, just that area. It does look good. I watched "Snakes on a Plane" last night, not one you would likely sleep through! But my DH went in the bedroom to watch something else...chicken! Enjoy your rest day.

Amy..sounds like a great workout. I have found the Chi running book very interesting. They have a forum too.

Wendy...way to go getting thru the 6.5 miles!! I think you could do both races, just don't go [font color=red]all out[/font] both times. I made 10.5 miles as I didn't want to push it. I did find the Chi running easier but when you get tired it is difficult to concentrate on your senses, so I kinda lost the form.

Christine...I am always up early...ask Shelly or Susan..:D..Enjoy your spinerval workout.

The run was great until this frigging bug flew into my face, I scratched my nose trying to get it off and I believe it bit me!! So now the side of my nose hurts...ice feels good though. I felt the Chi form was better and easier today. I went 10.5 miles and I do feel not to beat up, which is how Chi running is supposed to be.

Hello again cheetahs! I had a fantastic run today after work! Normally when I go for these runs after working a 12 hr nite shift they are not my most energetic runs understandably but I left the Garmin off and concentrated purely on a good Chi running form. It really felt effortless:7 And I ended up doing this route faster then I usually do.

Cathy- Great job today on your 4 miler!! Wow, I am so bummed that you can't find an air fare that works for you;( Perfectly understandable though.... I'm still crossing my fingers you can do it. It will be an awesome FUN experience. Well, if not, I'll be in NJ next June for a rematch with you and Wendy}( }( }( }( }( }(

Marcia- I'm so sorry that your DH is having so much stress. I'd say you both should take a break and come to Las Vegas in Dec!! (I'm incorrigible!) Seriously though, he probably does just need you to ask and let him talk about it. Best of luck with your TS Open house fundraiser!!!

Gayle- Hey, I like your alternative weekend plan better than the Jersey shore trip! Your boys are lucky, you are one terrific Mom!

jackie- I had a great run, thank you! Hope you are having a fabulous rest day. You'd never know I'm a night shift worker... on my nights off I rarely make it to 10pm~ I'm such an old fuddy duddy, I conk out usually by nine!!

Amy- Glad to hear from you! Wow, are you going to have weeks like this through the whole school year???:eek: :eek: Well, we look forward to you posting whenever you can! Good job on your run today. I am following a marathon training program. There are several available and I'm following one that was featured in "runner's world" a couple of months ago that was a compilation of several of the top running coaches. I modify it of course to fit my crazy schedule.

Wendy- Fantastic job on your 6.5 miles today!!!!! I have actually done races back to back... in NJ in fact! Not this year but in 06 I did the Barnegat Bay 8k (5 miles) on a Sat. and the PineBeach5k the next day, Sunday. I see no problem at all with this for the shorter races. I felt fine!! I say go for it! I guess this isn't surprising advice coming from me ;-)

Christine- Galloway and many of the walk/run proponents claim you'll actually finish faster using this method. There is alot of anectotal evidence out there to support this too. I've personally raced against people who I constantly passed as they took their walk breaks, only to have been beaten in the end! Have a great spinervals day!!!

Time to get moving.... I still have DM on the agenda!:7

ShellyC

Hey guys....just a quickie before we head back out for dinner. The kids (and I) are having FUN! Chuckie's was hysterical...mom and I were as bad as the kiddos! There was this one game that we just couldn't beat...but that didn't stop us from trying! LOL

Wendy---I vote for BOTH 5ks!

Carole---sorry about the bug incident! Is that considered another 'running injury'? LOL

Gotta go. DOMS are setting in in the arse! LOL LOVE IT

Gayle

Quick Cheetah check in here. I'm busy getting my kids ready to go back to school tomorrow. I had time for a 1 hour workout on my recumbent bike today. Tomorrow after 8:30 am kids will be in school and it will be just me and Rex (new puppy). I hope to get out of the workout slump that has been caused by having too many other people to take care of!

Cathy, I'm not giving up on you going to LV yet!! I hope you keep looking and find a deal that you can live with.

Where's Jess?

Hi to everyone else. Gotta go finish up some homework for the class that is taught by my wacky teacher. It's a challenge to try to figure out what she wants to hear.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.