Check in Week ending 10/5

Hi you guys--
No time to say individual "hi"'s to all of you, but everyones workouts looked so good!
Here is my week:

MONDAY: Intense Moves +
Steteches only from: IMax, MIC, S-N-I, 10-10-10, PowerCircuit and AllStep

TUESDAY: Power Hour

WEDNESDAY: Cardio Kicks +
stretches only from: 10-10-10, PowerCircuit and S-N-I

THURSDAY: Stepworks wu & I + Imax wu,+ Rhythmic Step wu and cd (this was a weird workout--tired, so I wanted to keep the intensity low, but I also wanted to do Cathe stuff. It worked pretty well.)
Stretches from RS, SW, LL &KB
S&H C&B planks

FRIDAY: PowerHour

SATURDAY: Karen voight Yoga Sculpt matwork only

SUNDAY: rest
That's all!
Wendy

Terri: When you post that you do all of those CTX tapes -- are you doing the entire tapes? or just the weight portions? If just weights -- do you do even one cardio to "warm-up"? Just wondering as I always feel guilty if I skip a cardio portion... Thanks, Kathleen

RE: Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada

Hi KIMLAV,

Could you post your blueberry crisp? I would love to try making that.

Thanks,
Nikki

RE: LOL Debra!

Hi there

As I read your post, I had to laugh out loud and I am still chuckling.

I don't say yes to meat very often myself these days either although I did try the meatloaf and yes, deer is quite lean. I would think it is also pretty much free of any force fed steroids, etc. And no Debra, I do not hunt but people that do hunt occasionally give me wild meat.

It is actually Canadian Thanksgiving today but I figured if I did tbe big meal thing on Sunday, I could kind of kick back and relax today and other than the usual workout thing, housecleaning, laundry, etc., you might say I am doing that.

As for being kind to my date when running, I will remember what you said. Today, he and I are going to go for a brisk walk since I already did Rhythmic Step earlier today. Some days, he can keep up quite well with the running but I think my natural pace is just faster than his (and he is 6'1"). I don't think I am running that quickly but he is not the first man who has had trouble keeping up so maybe my natural pace is fairly fast. Or perhaps, it is the endurance factor?

In any event, I must run and fill a request for wild blueberry crisp down a few posts here.

Kim

RE: Thanks Gretchen

Yeah, the meal was fairly decent. My man had his two boys over and we all quite enjoyed dinner last night. Did I mention that I made some awesome decadent brownies in addition to the blueberry crisp? I don't think any of you guys have any kind of idea of the amount of food I can wolf down - I am amazed I don't weigh 40 more pounds than I do.

Kim

RE: Blueberry Crisp Recipe

Hi Nikki

Posting today seems to be an experience so I hope this goes.

I actually got this recipe from a recipe in Looneyspoons cookbook called "Rude Barb's Strawbabble Crisp" but changed it for blueberries only. Here goes:

Topping:

3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
3 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted (recipe calls for low fat but not fat free but I seldom have low fat butter around)

Fruit:

6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
(original recipe calls for 3 cups Granny Smith apples, 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries and 1 1/2 cups rhubarb and is very yummy too)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp orange juice (lemon works too)
1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine all topping ingredients in a medium bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.

Combine all fruit ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Spray a shallow 11 x 8 " baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour in fruit and spread evenly. Sprinkle topping over fruit. Bake, uncovered, for 35 - 40 minutes, until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown. Best served warm or at room temperature.

Makes 6 servings.

Per serving: 248 calories, 4.2 g fat, 52,3 g carbs, 3.1 g protein, 44 mg. sodium, 6 mg. cholesterol CALORIES FROM FAT: 14.5%

There you have it Nikki. I hope you enjoy it. It is fast and easy to make too.

Kim

Hi everyone.

I've never checked in before but I enjoy reading the weekly checkin. It's a source of inspiration and ideas for me. I've posted on other threads before but don't know if I've ever introduced myself.

My name is Sue, I'm 37 years old, married, with 2 kids ages 4 and 6, and work full-time. I started working out again 2 years ago and lost over 20 pounds. I discovered Cathe tapes a year and a half ago. Mega Step Blast was my first Cathe tape so it is sure to popup in my rotation from time to time as a sentimental favorite. Some day I hope to get the guts to try Rhythmic Step but everyone's posts are scaring me.

I'm up 8 pounds since the beginning of the year (ugh!) which I am desperately trying to lose by Christmas as my goal. I LOVE to sweat so exercise is not the problem - clean eating is. I don't know how you do it, Honeybunch. If I baked as much as you do, I would be big as a house. To add to my temptation, I've just volunteered to be Cookie Mom for my daughter's Brownie troupe. I love peanut butter patties so I'll have to watch it next spring.

It was a tough week for me last week. My beeper went off 3 nights in a row at 2:00 a.m. so I had 3 nights of interrupted sleep. (Problems at work so the computer pages me - I don't even get to talk to a real person!) I'm an early morning exerciser (get up at 4:30 a.m.) so I'd no sooner get back to bed and my alarm clock would go off. MIC on Thursday morning was especially tough.

Anyway, here's how my week went:
Sun. - MIC Hi/Lo and 30 minutes jogging
Mon. - CIA PowerBar Workout
Tues. - IMAX
Wed. - Power Hour
Thurs. - MIC
Fri. - MIS
Sat. - Rest

This week I'm replacing MIS with PS-SLA so I can really focus on toning my legs (problem area). PS-SLA will be on Wednesday and Power Hour will be on Friday.

RE: Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all the others Canadians......I would have said it in my earlier post but I didn't think there would be so many of us posting.:)

Also....Kim....I have Looneyspoons and Crazyplates too. I have made some stuff from several catagories...mostly desserts :9. I really like the information they give you and the funny names they call the recipes...and the pictures! :D I'll have to get them out again....if you have the time let me know what else you try and if you like it. I can do the same for you if you want.

We are planning on going to New Hampshire this year for the American Thanksgiving to see our son and his wife and her family if the weather is all right for the trip. So much 'big time' :9 eating and then....on to Christmas!

Hi Kelly :) Sorry you have been feeling discombobulated (love that word) lately.

I think your workouts were great and I am really loving the S&H series too. They really make me feel pumped up and full of evergy when I am done!

:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy just like these guys! :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

I do hope you have an easier time this coming week!

Kathleen:
Oh my goodness, if I were doing all of those CTX tapes in their entirety, I'd be working out for like 6 hours!!! LOL

Anyway, I'm only doing the weight portions. Generally, if I'm doing the cardio portion, I identify it by saying, for example, CTX 10-10-10 or CTX Power Cardio. As for a warmup, I just kind of do my own stretching before the weight work.

I used to feel guilty about skipping a cardio portion also, until I got a DVD player!

Terri

Thanks for your reply! Now I'll try maybe doing one cardio and 2 or 3 weight portions in a session.... Unfortunately I'm still using a VCR, so it takes a bit more time... Christmas is coming though -- maybe Santa will bring me a DVD player and some Cathe DVD's!

Hi Susan

I have tried a fair amount of the recipes in both Looneyspoons and Crazy Plates but still have many to try. I am hoping to try at least one new recipe every few weeks but that does not always happen. My next one to try is the Eggplant Parmesan if I can find some decent eggplants in town. If you have tried that one, let me know what you think.

Kim

RE: Hi Susan

I have quite a sweet tooth and love chocolate so I really liked Hot Fudge Mondays.....but I have tried Starv'n guy chicken pie and liked it and another one with black beans and salsa that looked awful but tasted really good.

I have never..that I know of...eaten eggplant....maybe I should try that one too. It is such a lovely looking vegetable! Thanks for the suggestion.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.