charging for digital downloads separetly from DVDs

darine

Cathlete
I am not sure but I think that it's unfair. You pay for the DVD and you cannot use the workout manager unless you buy them again in download format... how does that make any sens???

I think you should get both version when you buy a DVD

Am I the only one? I have all these DVDs of Cathe and I can't use the workout manager!!! So I am expected to spend 100s more of $$$ to be able to use all the workouts I already bought in the workout manager?

Did anyone actually bought both format for the same workout?

I think we should be able to transform our DVDs to the digital format that will work in the workout manager.... You should pay for a workout once.

But no one has to use the Workout Blender to use their DVDs. The Workout Blender is another option that Catheites can use that cost Cathe money to develop. No other home video instructor offers this service. Why should Cathe give it away for free? She's a businesswoman, not a charity. No one's forcing you to buy it. You always have the option of just purchasing the DVDs, or just the digital downloads, or hey, not purchasing anything at all. This is an added service that many people will want, but maybe not all those people that already have tons of her DVDs, like me.

Last edited:
Workout Blender

I think you mean the Workout Blender. To answer your question let me say this: Why would we or anyone go to the expense and trouble of of developing a product like the Workout Blender if there is no way to get a return on the time and money it took to develop it? We've never promised anyone a lifetime of free upgrades as technology changes on their purchases, so I don't know why you would expect that?

I'm sure a lot of people own many of the Beatles albums, but if you want them in an mp3 form for your iPod I think iTunes will charge you regardless if you previously purchased it on CD, tape or Vinyl. When you buy a DVD you own just the DVD, not the content.

Based on what you seem to be saying we would have to give everyone free DVDs that originally purchased VHS tapes as well as free downloads too and then when the next new technology comes out we would have to give that away too. If this was true we simply wouldn't be in business today and we would all still be watching Cathe videos on VHS. Business is a two way street and if you want to see and benefit from innovate new products you have to be willing pay for new technology. If not, then there is no reason why you should be upset, just keep on enjoying your DVDs as you always have.

Last edited:
I was in favor of the poster until you explained it that way.

Very well said. Now I understand much better.

Janie

I'm sure a lot of people own many of the Beatles albums, but if you want them in an mp3 form for your iPod I think iTunes will charge you regardless if you previously purchased it on CD, tape or Vinyl. When you buy a DVD you own just the DVD, not the content.

If you have a CD you do not have to rebuy the songs on iTunes. Pretty sure if you can get the songs from the tape or Vinyl it would be the same, but it's just easier to rebuy than convert those formats on the computer.

Maybe you could of just charged for the Workout blender software itself and let people load their Cathe workouts on it.

I'm not sure digital downloads are really going to take over DVD and blu ray format, if it does it will be awhile. Is Cathe phasing out DVDs for digital downloads soon?

If you have a CD you do not have to rebuy the songs on iTunes. Pretty sure if you can get the songs from the tape or Vinyl it would be the same, but it's just easier to rebuy than convert those formats on the computer.

Maybe you could of just charged for the Workout blender software itself and let people load their Cathe workouts on it.

Exactly what I wanted to say! Or another idea would have been for people who want to buy the DVD, is to receive a coupon with a code that will allow you to use that workout with the workout blender for a cost of may be 5$ or something.... Like that, you don't pay again for the whole workout, but you do pay for using the workout blender.

Anyways, it's not really our business. SNM decide how they like to do business and we as consumers, will decide how to react to it. And I do appreciate the forum that allows us to speak our mind. It's still a GREAT company with wonderful products that I LOVE.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.