cellulite on back of thighs

VikiE

I am a 42 year old female, 5'51/2", 120 lb, size 3, healthy eater, been using Cathe's weight routines for 7 years, active aerobics for 12 years, really enjoy kickboxing, never had children. I'm perfectly fine with every part of my body except the backs of my thighs. I am not able to do hard core leg exercises because my knees are shot (from what, I have no idea) so I modify with ankle weights and do non squatting weighted leg exercises. I am so frustrated that I can seem to make no dent in this area of my body. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Alternatives

I'm no professional by any means, but what came to mind was the hamstring, inner and outer thigh workouts you can do to reduce the cellulite in the back of your thighs. All of those exercises can be done laying down with no stress to your knees.

What about for cellulite in my arms? I have also always been a healthy eater and exercise for over 20 years. I'm 42 and have been pregnant 5 times. I'm a bit fustrated because whenever I work my triceps and extend the arm I notice the little dimples. Is it just age?

Wish more people would respond to this question. Maybe there is no answer to help rid us of this horrible cheese. I too am like first poster. Realized yesterday how bad mine was when I was trying on bike shorts at Target. Had no idea it was that bad. For as much exercise as I do it really should not be there. Would a seriously clean diet make a noticeable change? I eat healthy most of the time with some splurges. Maybe cold turkey clean eating everyday from here on out is the answer.

Any leg routine outside of weights has anyone found to work. I do the weights but not often do I do floor work. Did that back in my Firm days.

HELP US

Christie

The only time I have gotten rid of my cellulite is the week before I competed in my bodybuilding comp. I had to get to around 10% fat for that to happen which isn't healthy longterm. I could be totally mistaken but I was of the belief that you can't 'spot reduce' and therefore there are no specific exercises to get rid of cellulite. If that is where you genetically store your fat it will take time to reduce it but I have heard that massage can sometimes help. In the meantime eating clean and regular exercise is the go.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.