cc vol 5

laura35

Cathlete
this workout kicked my butt more than volume 8. Dont know if it was the combo of hills/sprints but man I didnt even finish the last challenge which was an option after those 6 sprints. sprints for some reason seem to do me in.

Laura,

Have you done Vol 7? That workout is wicked! It has a lot of both.

You may want to change the speeds settings you use for sprint intensive workouts like CC5 versus the sprint settings you use in Vol 8.

I can sprint - for me it is the opposite - for hilly workouts I cant use the same settings as I would use for a workout with a few brief hills. My heart rate gets elevated quicker and recovers slower if the hills come sone after another.

~* Vrinda *~

I did this one on my bike (outside on a very, very quiet road, yep, I use a mirror attached to my sunglasses to see any cars behind me) on Friday evening. Fabulous workout!!! Loved those sprints!!! Not sure if I was the lion or the gazelle, but I pushed hard for it. I'm looking forward to doing CC#7 or #8, which I still need to download to my mp3 player.

Most of all, Laura, have fun with your workouts!!! Life's too short.

Jeanette

havent tried CC7 yet. I just bought 5, 7 and 8 last week. I tried 5 first since gayle said it might have converted her from Itrain to CC. I thought if Gayle liked this one and thought it was good then it had to be. She was right . I might have been a little tired from yesterdays run, I ran only 4 miles but I did throw in a half mile sprint at a 7:22 pace and a 1/4 mile sprint at a 7:30 pace or right around there anyway. I am hoping that cc helps me maintain these paces longer, which I didnt try yesterday. I think I could have made the first sprint longer but my friend was too pooped to go any farther and the other sprint I did without her at the end of our run. I really want to up my 5k times and I need to be able to sustain a faster pace for at least 2 miles eventually anyway. one mile at a time though. I feel like the last week of just doing cc has helped but I havent done a 5k to really put it to the test. I was planning on a race yesterday but when my friend and I got there they were already starting. the internet said it didnt start until 10 am and they moved itup this year to 9 am so we missed it. There will be one we are gonna do in mid july which will give me a few more weeks to work with CC and hopefully do better. I might have to try CC 7 tuesday since you said it was a killer as well. I am getting addicted to these workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.