Cathletes- PLEZ suggest a match to BootCamp

ByGoRed

Hello Everyone,
I have a few videos but my absolute favorite hands-down is BootCamp. I've been using it weekly for years. Those who know this video, could you please suggest similar Cathe workout DVD's that I can alternate with this one?

I'll mention the things I love best about this video which I would love to have in other Cathe videos: less dependence on the Reebok step for cardio, and the 8 large segments which include smaller one-minute alternating segments between a cardio, upperbody, lowerbody, abs.

Many thanks for your help - ByGoRed

The dvd which came to my mind is SuperSets. It sequences lowerbody, upperbody, and abs in a circuit fashion for a total of 4 times. However, it does not have any cardio. And the segments are longer than one minute each, although the weight circuits are shorter than those in other weight dvds. If you are ispired enough by cardio you could always throw your own jumping jacks (or any cardio) in at any point in the circuit. As designed the dvd only comes in at around 45 minutes or so, so with 60 minutes to workout, you could still add cardio. And the 4th leg segment does have plyo/power lunges. But all of that aside, SuperSets does not get the heart racing like Bootcamp. Still, I like it.

Another vote for Drill Max. My first and still my favorite, although I have to admit I've started to diversify with other Cathe workouts. But def, I think Drill Max may be what you're looking for.

You know, I suggested Supersets and Drill Max s one of the few Cathe dvds I do not own. Do I recall that is a compilation of other dvd's? Or was that Terminator? Does Drill Max have abs mixd into the middle?

Actually, I think the workouts that are most like Boot Camp are the two High Step Training DVDs - the older one and the one that was part of the Hard Core series. You said you want to avoid step for cardio, in which case I think the Hard Core High Step video is probably better, as it alternates floor and step cardio segments (and the step moves could be done on the floor). What makes the workout similar to Boot Camp is that it starts with a tough cardio segment, goes to a couple of leg exercises, and then upper body exercises. The core work comes all at the end, however. I happen to love these workouts, and I adore Boot Camp as well. They're effective, and I'm drenched in sweat when I'm done!

Lurdes

You know, I suggested Supersets and Drill Max s one of the few Cathe dvds I do not own. Do I recall that is a compilation of other dvd's? Or was that Terminator? Does Drill Max have abs mixd into the middle?

I think you are thinking of Terminator, I don't have that one but looking at the Shop Cathe it says that that DVD is a compilation of Cardio and Weight, IMax Extreme and Muscle Endurance (I think).

Drill Max is NOT a compilation -- it's a workout on its own. No abs in the middle. Great workout, BTW!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.