Catheletic Supporters Feb. 28

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Up and down. Ugh. I had put on 5 pounds over night and then I came down three. So, in total thats a 2.8 pound gain. I can work this out this week and then onto progress! woo hoo. Its time to budge this itty bitty plateau. We anticipate a week long rainy phase, so no wogging for a while. I over did it on the simple carbs. There was a pastry involved. Not pretty. I did not even really like it. And there might have been a haagen daz day. I am also suspicious of the lightly empty bag of chips. And, I only had two days of yoga.

Add: Yoga 5x a week, at least 15 min a day.
More healthy protein. I did not meet my quota.
2 cups leafy greens/day

Subtract: Pastry
Ice cream
Chips

Rotation:
Su Off
M LIC, 15 min. yoga, 1 mile walk
T Yoga 1 hour, 1 mile walk,
W RS, 15 min. yoga, 1 mile walk
T Yoga 1 hour, 1 mile walk,
F CW, 15 min. yoga, 1 mile walk
Sa Wog (it should be dry)

RB- your post made me smile...:)

there were some veggie string chips and chocolate bark from Costco, as well as some ice cream in my week this week... I didn't buy it, but I was at a friend's house for lunch. I guess you could call that day the cheat day...

But I have my challenge cut out for me. My mom is coming in on Tuesday from Switzerland with a big supply of swiss chocolates! yikes! How am I ever going to deal with that? I think I will ask hubby to hide it for now:eek:

When I was eating that chocolate bark at my friend's house, I told myself that this is exactly why I can't have this stuff in the house and I am really a self described chocolateaholic...:eek:

I am taking the weighing in and bodyfat measuring a little slower, I have not weighed myelf in over 5 years because the numbers always mess with my head. And having measured in every week for the last month just ended up a little bit too intense for me. Doesn't mean I'm letting myself off the hook of staying within calories and macronutrients, I am still faithfully measuring and writing it all down. I love those high zig zag days!

I figured, or am hoping, that by not measuring as often, it won't feel like quite such a slow process. Hoping that I'll see 'bigger' results by measuring less often...

I know Venuto doesn't advocate going a week without measuring, but I think I need a little lightening up right now....

I'm doing STS week 2 again this week the second time. I like the workouts, am sore and loving it, and actually am enjoying the extra cardio on the other days.

I hope you are all doing well and on track with your goals!

I measure

every 3 months or so. My body just doesn't change fast enough to see anything sooner.

I wish I could afford sts. It sounds like so much fun.

Ok, so that's really good to know. Thanks for the thumbs up!

STS is really a lot of fun, but at the same time, you can definitely do something similar with the workouts you already have by tweaking the rotations and weights some, I'm thinking.

Maybe before you know it, some people might want to sell theirs because they realize it's not their cup of tea and you might be able to get a good second hand price. Not sure where to be on the lookout for that though.

Hey supporters! No workout for me today, but I did finish up the Push phase of CLX yesterday. On to the Lean phase tomorrow! I hope the workouts live up to their name. : )
Here's my food for today:

M1: 1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1 cup 1% milk, 2.35 oz. banana
M2: Starbucks choc/banana vivanno smoothie
M3: BFFM "fried" fishcake, 2 tbs light mayo, 2/3 cup steamed green beans
M4: 1 cup 2% cottage cheese, 1 cup Amy's tomato bisque
M5: same as M3
Extras: 2.5 tbs creamer in coffee
Calories/Fat%/Carb%/Protein%: 1610/23.6%/52.3%/25.7%

It's a little higher in carbs than I like, but I'll take it.

The ya-ya boards have some STS pieces for sale. Let me know if you haven't been there before.

RB, I like your math. You can do it!

Cendrine, chocolate bark sounds good. he he

Wow, we are a quiet bunch!

Yesterday's workout was Lean circuit 2, and food was:

M1: 1/4 cup steel cut oats, 1 cup 1% milk, 2.4 oz. banana
M2: Protein shake: 1 scoop chocolate PP, 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 1 tbs. nat. PB
M3: Amy's veggie burger, 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
M4/M5: 2 slices homemade chicken caesar salad pizza

Ok, that last one wasn't clean, but the dressing, cheese, and chicken were lowfat, and there was a lot of lettuce! : ) The dough was totally white dough though.

Have a good weekend!

I was thinking the same thing... I guess we are all quite busy...:)

what brand of steel cut oats do you use? I've been using the quakers one from Costco, but am not sure if that is my best choice for clean.

How long do you have to cook the steel cut oats?

I had my annual blood work done this week and I am a tad low on hemoglobin and red bloodcells. Unfortunately that always happens when I work out more than 3 times a week and then I start feeling fatigued. I already take one iron supplement a day and am eating red meat twice weekly at least. I hope I will be able to up it some with an extra iron for a few weeks.

My clean eating is going really well. I think the zig zagging is awesome to prevent burnout!
I experimented with a protein cookie recipe for a few weeks in an attempt to eliminate protein bars from my diet, since they always seem to have some kind of saturated fat and syrup that i don't want. I think I figured out a good recipe and posted it on the recipe forum if any of you are interested. My husband likes them so much I have to keep baking because he helps himself to them liberally...:) I suppose it's better than him eating store bought bars all the time... My kids love them too!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.