cathe to firm

kariev

Cathlete
I read a lot of you have gone from the firm to working out with cahte. I have been thinking of getting some firm dvd's but have been working with cathe exclusively. do you think this is a step back since cathe is so challenging?

Definitely a step back. They're great for moderate days though. I have nearly all the Firms up to the Transfirmer series, and all the Cathes, but I do Cathe 95% of the time. Nothing compares to her.

I've heard that the really early Firms are tough, but generally, I would think you'd be disappointed or disatisfied w/ them after doing Cathe. Unless you specifically want some workouts for lighter days.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/wavesmile.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

They are a step back in terms of intensity. I can't speak for the old firm tapes/workouts, but the new ones just don't compare. BUT...I have been known to drag one out when I'm just not feeling up to the intensity of an hour plus workout. So I guess I'm saying that I wouldn't invest my $ in them, but since I have them, I occasionally utilize them.

Becky

I don't think you are going to like the new Firms very much. I got a couple in a trade and was disappointed. I also thought I would use them on an off day but they were just too boring. I have all of the earlier Firms up to the Transfirmer and liked them better but still find it difficult to go back.

If you get the newer Firms, they definitely aren't as challenging. The only Firms I have that I still enjoy are the classics...Volumes 1 to 6 and their compilations. They do not compare to Cathe in intensity but they are still challenging and enjoyable. They're a blast from the past though..very 80's music and clothes. I work them in with my Cathe's. I don't do one or the other exclusively.

I no longer care for the Firm but that's just a personal preference. I don't know that I would say it's a step back. I remember that putting my all into a Firm workout and using the maximum weight I could muster with good form resulted in a pretty intense workout. Maybe not Imax, jump around, heavy weight intense but I have learned the value of mixing it up. For example, many think the TLT's are not hard but now that I know the workouts and how to execute the moves, they are quite challenging in a completely difrferent way from Cathe. If you order a couple and enjoy them, I think you may benefit, mentally as well as physically, from changing up your routine a little bit.
Angela:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.